Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3285189 - 07/07/13 09:33 PM Catfish and Fireworks - Pickwick Report
WMAn
8 Point

Loc: Williamson County

Just got back from a long weekend at Pickwick. Thursday, I fished Bluff Creek. I caught eight channel catfish fishing punch bait six foot deep below a slip bobber off a rock bank with downed trees about 1/4 the way up Bluff Creek from the river. They had the gates open at the dam and were moving water. Four of the fish were over a pound and went in the cooler. The largest was five pounds.

Friday, they were moving even more water at the dam. The river was still in its banks but the trees growing on the banks below the dam were now in the water. Even with the gates open, the lake had come up a foot and a half in twenty four hours. The fish had moved up with the water. I caught them right off the bank in two spots I caught fish in back in May. I was fishing punch bait three foot deep below a slip bobber. I caught 15-20 and kept 11.

We ate the fifteen fish I caught on Saturday night. Deep fried them with homemade hush puppies, corn and black bean salad, fries, and homemade cole slaw. It was good.

About 8:00 we headed out to Grand Harbor to watch their fireworks from a cousin's boat dock. I couldn't help but take my rod and caught six or eight more all on punch bait. I caught three of the fish during the show using the light of the fireworks to see my bobber. So if you find yourself in a war zone don't worry about the noise interfering with your fishing. \:D

#3285207 - 07/07/13 09:53 PM Re: Catfish and Fireworks - Pickwick Report [Re: WMAn]
pressfit
10 Point

Loc: Giles Co. Tn

nice! I used to use punch bait all the time.. havent in the past couple of years.. what kind do you use?..

#3285394 - 07/08/13 08:24 AM Re: Catfish and Fireworks - Pickwick Report [Re: pressfit]
WMAn
8 Point

Loc: Williamson County

I like CJ's Monster Bait, but I have tried Catfish Gold and Team Catfish Sudden Impact. I have caught fish on all of them and really haven't noticed a difference in catch rate. It usually works out that I only have a little of my favorite, I start catching fish, run out, think, "Oh crap, what I do now?," switch baits, and find out it doesn't matter. At the end of the day, they are all stinky cheese with fiber added to them.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Kirk, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Fish N Hunt, bowednlazy, ULTIMATE TARGETS, Philski, Original Booger
13295 Registered Users
Who's Online
80 registered (TNBobby, LB FANATIC, Woodchuck, gecko7, JACO0334, wlf89, 10 invisible) and 161 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13295 Members
42 Forums
85678 Topics
1035399 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.224 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.