Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 5 12345>
Topic Options
#3284070 - 07/06/13 06:54 PM Might have Trouble with a preacher man
dh1984
10 Point

Loc: union county tennessee

I'm sorry for this long reading but i just needed to vent this off my chest before i go to jail for a domestic assault charge.

Any way i have This preacher man that just bought the 45 acres next to me and he seemed pretty nice and everything but i beg to differ.I have been goin over on my property next to his and started preparing a few salt licks and putting up a few trail cams over them also. Then i'm starting to put up stands and everything. Now this is where i think i'm going to have trouble.

I meet this guy i think twice since he bought the land next to me and started to finish a house that was left unfinished.don't get me wrong he's been working about 3 weeks and the house is almost finished. but i told him that my property joins his at the top of the ridge and he might see me from time to time riding my atv to check on stuff.he said that's fine that i could use his property if i couldn't get up my trial. i told him i appreciate him letting me use his land to go check on my stuff up there. he said no problem he's glad to help.

But anyway i use a ATV to check my cams and tree stands. i'm pretty sure alot of people do it like that.my ATV is pretty quite to where i can hear stuff moving in the woods around me. anyway i went today to check my cams that been out about a week and plus to check my tree stands to make sure they are still there.

Well i came up on the first trail camera and i opened it and it was turned off. i figure i forgot to turn it on or something (i have done that in the past) but anyway i turned it back on and made sure it was taking pictures.Then checked my deer stand to make sure it was still there and it was. well i left that cam and deer stand and went to my other one.when i pulled up to the salt lick i seen a lot of sign around the salt lick but when i opened the camera up it was turned off also.

That's when something struck me as kinda of odd. well i started looking around to see if anyone has been there. it's pretty soggy every where right now but i found somebody's boot prints around the camera that wasn't mine or any of my brothers boots. that when i got to thinking that someone is turning off my cameras on purpose. well about 10 minutes ago i went and checked on my cameras again.

I didn't ride my Atv this time or did i use the same trail i came in a different way then what i used with the ATV. well i came up on the first camera and found the same boot prints as the first one i seen at the second camera location.i made sure everything was still there then started towards the second Trail cam location and that's when i found the preacher man walking from the way where my other trail cam is at.

I asked him if he seen anyone up here messing with my trail cams and stuff and he told me that he hasn't seen anyone up around there. and i told him what happened earlier today and said Hmm i haven't seen anyone up around here.So we talked a bit and then i told him i was going back to the house. but i really didn't i went and checked my other camera and found that someone with them same boots had been there just right before i got there.

well i turned it back on and then took out a lock out of my hunting vest that i keep in it and locked the second camera where no one could turn it off no more. then this is where i got to thinking i might know who it was that was turning my cams off.I can't prove it but something is telling me deep down that it's the preacher man that is turning my cams off.But like i said i can't prove if it's him or whoever turning them off until i get a picture of him or whoever doing it.

But anyway i started to think again and said to my self better go back out towards the other cam and check it again and put a lock on it just in case it gets turned off again.Well a short walk later i get back to my 1st trail cam and sure enough there's them same boot prints as before this time right next to the tree that my camera is on. well without thinking i opened the door on the camera and sure enough it was turned back off again. then i said to my self that i know for dang sure i turned it on and made sure it was taking pictures.That's when i turn it back on for a second time and put a lock on it also.

well i didn't think about it until now that i think the preacher man is messing with my hunting equipment.But i really don't have no proof to lead to if it was him or not but i'm about to go get a few more cameras to make a trap to see who it is. I'll just have to climb up a tree close to it and angle it down the other cams.

But if it is the preacher man how would you go about telling him not to mess with your stuff on your land? i got no trespassing signs all the way around my land on the line. there is no way he cant say he didn't see them.But anyway if i do get proof of him messing around my trail cams and plus trespassing on my land how would you go about telling him not to be messing with your trail cams and to not be on your land??

Any advice would gratefully appreciated.

#3284075 - 07/06/13 06:59 PM Re: Might have Trouble with a preacher man [Re: dh1984]
Deerhunter
TnDeer Old Timer
8 Point

Loc: Newport/Gatlinburg

shocked Online
Hide a camera watching your camera. Put it up in a tree if you have to looking down. Just make sure it is hidden well. That way you will have proof.

#3284087 - 07/06/13 07:10 PM Re: Might have Trouble with a preacher man [Re: Deerhunter]
lung-buster
10 Point

Loc: Southern Middle Tn

Interesting
#3284091 - 07/06/13 07:12 PM Re: Might have Trouble with a preacher man [Re: Deerhunter]
KPH
10 Point

Loc: Hendersonville Tenn

You have already told him. Next time if you have proof face him with it and tell him a little stronger, and hope that takes care of it.

#3284133 - 07/06/13 07:49 PM Re: Might have Trouble with a preacher man [Re: Deerhunter]
dovahkiin
4 Point

Loc: tn

Originally Posted By: Deerhunter
Hide a camera watching your camera. Put it up in a tree if you have to looking down. Just make sure it is hidden well. That way you will have proof.

x2

#3284143 - 07/06/13 08:01 PM Re: Might have Trouble with a preacher man [Re: dovahkiin]
Mossy Oak
8 Point

Loc: Montgomery Co.

When you saw him in the woods, did you check to see what kind of boots he was wearing?

Like others have said, put hidden camera facing one of the other cameras. It's hard to beat pictures for proof.

Team Release and Catch Bowfishing

http://www.dirtnapgear.com/

#3284145 - 07/06/13 08:02 PM Re: Might have Trouble with a preacher man [Re: dovahkiin]
Eric Kilby
10 Point

Loc: Tellico Plains

confused Online
Can't say what I would do I would print the pictures off and confront him... the tone and attitude he decides to take would decide my next action..

#3284154 - 07/06/13 08:15 PM Re: Might have Trouble with a preacher man [Re: Mossy Oak]
dh1984
10 Point

Loc: union county tennessee

Originally Posted By: Mossy Oak
When you saw him in the woods, did you check to see what kind of boots he was wearing?

Like others have said, put hidden camera facing one of the other cameras. It's hard to beat pictures for proof.

i looked at his boots and they look just like the ones that i have seen around the trail cams. but Like they always say pictures are worth a 1000 words. Me and dad is going tomorrow and check some prices on a few more game cams.

I'm going to put up a trap to catch him or who ever it is and then i'm getting them for trespassing and plus tampering with my property.

#3284160 - 07/06/13 08:22 PM Re: Might have Trouble with a preacher man [Re: dh1984]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

first thing. quit using his land to access them. that in his mind is a reciprocal agreement to use yours. second, leave the atv at the house, u wont catch him announcing your self on that thing. be diligent and u will catch him red handed

#3284180 - 07/06/13 08:46 PM Re: Might have Trouble with a preacher man [Re: redblood]
Poleaxe
8 Point

Loc: Etowah Tennessee

content Online
 Originally Posted By: redblood
first thing. quit using his land to access them. that in his mind is a reciprocal agreement to use yours. second, leave the atv at the house, u wont catch him announcing your self on that thing. be diligent and u will catch him red handed

X2

Page 1 of 5 12345>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
JPG3, red arrow, ICUFLY, east_tn_gk, cruiser sailor
13210 Registered Users
Who's Online
77 registered (kknights27, smkm, bassinbrian, wayne, DntBrnDPig, prarie6288, 10 invisible) and 119 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13210 Members
42 Forums
91745 Topics
1072272 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.115 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.