Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#3284001 - 07/06/13 05:53 PM Re: Getting sick of neighbors trees falling in my yard [Re: timberjack86]
hunter0925
8 Point

Loc: TN, Rhea,

Originally Posted By: timberjack86
See a lawyer! I think legally the landowners will be held accountable.

The insurance company should persue this and the property owner will be held accountable. It has happened in my neighborhood on several occasions.

#3284010 - 07/06/13 06:02 PM Re: Getting sick of neighbors trees falling in my yard [Re: hunter0925]
Nimrod777
Non-Typical

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

LOL Awesome response!

#3284040 - 07/06/13 06:29 PM Re: Getting sick of neighbors trees falling in my yard [Re: hunter0925]
timberjack86
14 Point

Loc: Grundy county

Originally Posted By: hunter0925
 Originally Posted By: timberjack86
See a lawyer! I think legally the landowners will be held accountable.

The insurance company should persue this and the property owner will be held accountable. It has happened in my neighborhood on several occasions.
A friend I knew had a similar problem. His insurance company kept ho humming around so he saw a lawyer. Cost him about $50. The lawyer sent a letter to the landowner threatning a lawsuit and he removed the trees. If you can prove the trees were a threat before they fall it is not an act of god. I don't know all the details but It sounds similar enough that my first step would be to see a lawyer before any more damage occurs.

#3284162 - 07/06/13 08:25 PM Re: Getting sick of neighbors trees falling in my yard [Re: timberjack86]
Hangnail
12 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

I'm trying to remember how this works as far as insurance companies go. If there is no damage to personal property, I don't think the insurance companies give a crap. State Farm considers it debris and you're lucky if you get any $$ to remove it.

Just say to heck with it and plant some Kudzu on their places. That'll teach'um Pic.

#3284255 - 07/06/13 10:26 PM Re: Getting sick of neighbors trees falling in my yard [Re: Hangnail]
Tenn.Guy
8 Point

Loc: Tenn

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Hangnail
I'm trying to remember how this works as far as insurance companies go. If there is no damage to personal property, I don't think the insurance companies give a crap. State Farm considers it debris and you're lucky if you get any $$ to remove it.

Just say to heck with it and plant some Kudzu on their places. That'll teach'um Pic.

Tree would have to fall on home, building, personal property etc for coverage for cut up and haul away.

Tree's on adjoining property (unless dead) fall on your property, unfortunately it is your problem them.

Hopefully your neighbors will step up and help maintain their property.

#3284279 - 07/06/13 11:13 PM Re: Getting sick of neighbors trees falling in my yard [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: Pic IN the Casa
Okay, well... another storm... another tree down.

I preface this by saying that I will not do anything about it except cut the thing up but I have just about had it.

Two sides of my yard are ajoined to two properties, both a couple hundred acres. Both owners are out of the area and they lease it to farmers.

Over the last three years I have had seven mature trees fall from their properties to mine. One damaged both our vehicles (of course they never responded to my calls).

None of this would matter except they fall over my driveway or on top of or next to my shop. Others have fallen in my wooded areas and I could care less.

It's getting old! Has anyone ever had to contend with this or do you know the law?

Already dead trees, or live ones that ended up on your place?

The way I understand it is that live trees fall and are the "responsibility" of the person whose land it hits....dead trees are on the person whose land they fell from.

#3284281 - 07/06/13 11:14 PM Re: Getting sick of neighbors trees falling in my yard [Re: gatodoc]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: gatodoc
I warned my neighbor that he needed to trim his bradford pear trees or cut them down. They were his trees planted on the property line.

Eventually, a big one broke and fell in my front yard. I went to him and asked what he was going to do about it. He told me it was on my yard so it was my problem. I said OK.

I hooked a logging chain to it and drug it to the middle of his backyard and unhooked it. I figured it was on his yard and now his problem. He eventually got it cut up.

You have every right to trim the branches that overhang your property line. Tough teats when it's completely on his land.

#3284331 - 07/07/13 12:53 AM Re: Getting sick of neighbors trees falling in my yard [Re: TAFKAP]
old guy
6 Point

Loc: Millington , Tn. -- Shelby c...

call homeowners and cut a deal where you get paid to clean up the mess. if they become difficult to reason with , call an attorney, they are responsible for their trees. Good luck.
#3284357 - 07/07/13 05:26 AM Re: Getting sick of neighbors trees falling in my yard [Re: gatodoc]
Snake
16 Point

Loc: McMinn Co.Tennessee U.S.

Originally Posted By: gatodoc
I warned my neighbor that he needed to trim his bradford pear trees or cut them down. They were his trees planted on the property line.

Eventually, a big one broke and fell in my front yard. I went to him and asked what he was going to do about it. He told me it was on my yard so it was my problem. I said OK.

I hooked a logging chain to it and drug it to the middle of his backyard and unhooked it. I figured it was on his yard and now his problem. He eventually got it cut up.

Me likey

#3284439 - 07/07/13 08:11 AM Re: Getting sick of neighbors trees falling in my yard [Re: dmonty]
.243win
Spike

Loc: Farragut, TN

I've delt with this before and contacted a TN atty. Take pics of the live trees that may cause damage in the future and send him a registered letter/pics asking him to trim or remove the trees that could cause damage to your property.

If he does not, you'll have a good case if damage occurs.

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
zatoan, DanParchman3, saddleman1, Jculber301, Mik475
13282 Registered Users
Who's Online
104 registered (Diehard Hunter, 2in1shot, TAG1, RKenney, levergunner, BuckDropper, 13 invisible) and 161 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13282 Members
42 Forums
93288 Topics
1089308 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.113 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.