Tndeer Logo

Page 5 of 5 <12345
Topic Options
#3285420 - 07/08/13 08:52 AM Re: USA today VOL preview [Re: buckaroo]
Hoss
TnDeer Old Timer
8 Point

Loc: Hendersonville , TN

Fla. will be tough on the recruiting trail now that Aaron Hernandez is giving up all that street cred and recruiting within the "system"!

And will be for a very LOOOOOOOONG Time.

A mere shadow of the man I once was... Me!

#3285493 - 07/08/13 09:46 AM Re: USA today VOL preview [Re: Hoss]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Good article and good assessment. In my opinion, 6-6 would be a successful season considering UT's lack of depth and the level of competition faced.

I thought Kiffin was a dangerous hire. I though Dooley was an absolutely head-scratchingly terrible hire. I think Jones is a questionable hire, but with real potential. SO FAR he appears to be doing everything right. But only time and game-day decisions will tell. Lots of people can recruit well and say all the right things. Few can game-plan and play-call at the championship level and that's where Jones' success or failure will be decided.

Personally, I was hoping for a new head coach that had proven himself as a coordinator at the SEC level.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3285582 - 07/08/13 11:24 AM Re: USA today VOL preview [Re: BSK]
gator-n-buck
WAFL
18 Point

Loc: Knox, TN / Palatka, FL

Originally Posted By: BSK
Good article and good assessment. In my opinion, 6-6 would be a successful season considering UT's lack of depth and the level of competition faced.

I thought Kiffin was a dangerous hire. I though Dooley was an absolutely head-scratchingly terrible hire. I think Jones is a questionable hire, but with real potential. SO FAR he appears to be doing everything right. But only time and game-day decisions will tell. Lots of people can recruit well and say all the right things. Few can game-plan and play-call at the championship level and that's where Jones' success or failure will be decided.

Personally, I was hoping for a new head coach that had proven himself as a coordinator at the SEC level.

Gator fans sure do remember Ron Zook....... He could recruit and could fire up the fans. Even Myer won N/C with Zooks players.

In the end, Zook could only win on avg. 8 games a season in the SEC. Just a small reminder on how tough the SEC can be....

#3285599 - 07/08/13 11:39 AM Re: USA today VOL preview [Re: gator-n-buck]
buckaroo
8 Point

Loc: easttennessee

For what it's worth, I'm not putting alot of stock in this and it really does'nt carry alot weight till he coaches in the sec but, for whatever reason college football live ranked Jones as I best remembered 6th best coach in the nation for gametime strategy. Like everyone else has said, we'll see.
#3285614 - 07/08/13 11:50 AM Re: USA today VOL preview [Re: buckaroo]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

I hope he's that good with game-time decisions buckaroo.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3285773 - 07/08/13 03:01 PM Re: USA today VOL preview [Re: gator-n-buck]
beachguy
10 Point

Loc: USA

Originally Posted By: gator-n-buck
 Originally Posted By: BSK

Gator fans sure do remember Ron Zook....... He could recruit and could fire up the fans. Even Myer won N/C with Zooks players.

In the end, Zook could only win on avg. 8 games a season in the SEC. Just a small reminder on how tough the SEC can be....

LOL
Toyota
Apple

#3285820 - 07/08/13 04:03 PM Re: USA today VOL preview [Re: BigSatt]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

good to see them starting off against a perennial powerhourse..........Austin Peay

#3285838 - 07/08/13 04:28 PM Re: USA today VOL preview [Re: redblood]
beachguy
10 Point

Loc: USA

Originally Posted By: redblood
good to see them starting off against a perennial powerhourse..........Austin Peay

yeah, Toledo, georgia southern, north texas, coastal carolina, sam houston state were already booked by other SEC teams ;\)
Toyota
Apple

Page 5 of 5 <12345

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
purrpplee, tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85
13112 Registered Users
Who's Online
85 registered (scn, stringtalker, Josiah, luvtohunt, JayMc, johnny371, 9 invisible) and 139 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13112 Members
42 Forums
89246 Topics
1043844 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.225 seconds in which 0.01 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.