Tndeer Logo

Page all of 4 1234>
Topic Options
#3283523 - 07/06/13 06:48 AM Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . .
jlmustain
6 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

. . . Language

Edited by RUGER (07/06/13 07:33 AM)

#3283641 - 07/06/13 10:01 AM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: jlmustain]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

I have no idea what the original post said, but in my opinion, the biggest lie told on TV deer hunting shows is, while they are taking "hero shots" of some whopper buck in the middle of the agricultural Midwest (the most productive deer habitat in the world):

"Growing monster bucks is easy! Just don't shoot them when they're little and you'll grow plenty of trophy bucks like this one!"

Really? In the mountain hardwoods of the Southeast? In Deep South pine plantations? In the palmetto glades of Florida?

Really...? Good luck with that...

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3283801 - 07/06/13 01:50 PM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: BSK]
knightrider
12 Point

Loc: tn

great shot!!!! that is the biggest lie most of them tell when you can clearly see it was a gut shot. the whole show is usually a smoke n mirrors deal just to push products

#3283873 - 07/06/13 03:20 PM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: knightrider]
Mr.Bro
10 Point

Loc: Hendersonville Tn.

"This is the buck we will be hunting today."

Nuff said.

#3283911 - 07/06/13 04:13 PM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: Mr.Bro]
gator-n-buck
WAFL
18 Point

Loc: Knox, TN / Palatka, FL

Who know.... Cut and edit..... Edit and Cut..... Cut and Edit..... \:\)
#3284226 - 07/06/13 09:41 PM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: gator-n-buck]
Bucks & Beards
4 Point

Loc: Bartlett, TN

I like Bill Winke. I know he also sells a lot of stuff. But then he at least he shows some of his mistakes.
I would like to see him try to hunt without food plots.

#3284275 - 07/06/13 11:05 PM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: Bucks & Beards]
Right_Tackle74
4 Point

Loc: Loudon, TN, USA

I've degraded to a cheaper Directv package. I don't get the Outdoor, I mean Outfitter Channel. Yeah, they can go to so and so ranch and pick out a dandy their sponser paid for. I Don't need some jerk on TV telling how to hunt while sitting in a shooting house in Texas over a corn feeder. I'd be more proud of a basket 4 point I scouted out a stand for on than to drop $3000 at some ranch. Gave up watching them a long time ago.
#3284300 - 07/06/13 11:39 PM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: Right_Tackle74]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

not sure of the original question but i hate all the corny language they use. it is like they are paid to get in all the trendy terms in each show.

show portrayal: ok guys we are hunting here today with good friend and amazing whitetal expert joe jennings at something creek outfitters. today we are gonna be set up at the end of a funnel, that tails off a ridge with a leeward saddle. we have scouted out this pinch point just past where this hardwood thicket bottle necks into this creekbottom food plot, planted with brassicas and eagle soybeans, and will be setup in the shooting house at the interior edge of the cutover which should give us an incredible vanatge point for a chance to Smoke a shooter buck, maybe even a booner.

Reality- i am hunting with these dudes that gave me a hunt for a free plug. I will be sitting in that giant outhouse on legs looking over a field where some incredibly unwary deer (which are about blind i am convinced) are gonna walk out and chew on some on the only green stuff around and i will shoot the one i like the best, who hopefuly has some big horns. If i happen to miss the deer it will just look around until i reload and shoot again. Then in blissful success, we will make awkward triumphant gestures and maybe even hug. I will plug my sponsor and tell u to join us next week on a similar hunt for another deer (because i am too fat and unskilled to hunt anything else). ohh and dont forget to take a kid hunting.

Edited by redblood (07/06/13 11:48 PM)

#3284303 - 07/06/13 11:41 PM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: Right_Tackle74]
DeerKiller2012
6 Point

Loc: Southern Middle TN

"What a buck, we've been watching him for 5 years now" (in the enclosed fences, which are failed to be mentioned) . Most all that stuff is a joke. Got a cheap 2011 monster buck video the other day from Walmart and was shocked they showed a couple bow gut shots and two or three deer which were shot twice with a bow. Kinda nice to see a little real life back in it
#3284532 - 07/07/13 09:51 AM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: Bucks & Beards]
redblood
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Bucks & Beards
I like Bill Winke. I know he also sells a lot of stuff. But then he at least he shows some of his mistakes.
I would like to see him try to hunt without food plots.

all the foodlplot hunting is driving me crazy as well. all they want to do.

#3284537 - 07/07/13 09:59 AM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: redblood]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: redblood
Then in blissful success, we will make awkward triumphant gestures and maybe even hug. I will plug my sponsor and tell u to join us next week on a similar hunt for another deer (because i am too fat and unskilled to hunt anything else).

Too funny and too sadly accurate. \:\)

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3284549 - 07/07/13 10:12 AM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: BSK]
Mike Belt
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Lakeland, Tn.

I just don't see how all those amazing hunters have time to spend that much time on the road traveling and still get all that scouting in always picking the right spot to take all those trophy deer. I guess that's what separates the men from the boys...(sarcasm aside).

#3284612 - 07/07/13 11:16 AM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: Mike Belt]
BAMA BOW MERKER
6 Point

Loc: Dyer County, TN

It's never not the rut, and these guys wives always have to jack up 13 opportunities before they finally kill their booner. I about puke when I see their face paint, looks like a 10 year old girl that got loose in moms makeup.

#3285257 - 07/07/13 10:51 PM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: Mr.Bro]
redblood
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Mr.Bro
"This is the buck we will be hunting today."

Nuff said.

yep that is funny

#3285466 - 07/08/13 09:24 AM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: redblood]
LY
4 Point

Loc: Ringgold, GA

I hardly ever watch these shows, but one I do remember had Waddell sitting in a field edge talking to the camera about the lay-out of the land and what the deer were going to do. Then in the same breath with a shrug of his shoulders he says something like at least that's what they (owner and guide)told me.

I thought, finally, for once one of these guys fesses up.

#3285498 - 07/08/13 09:51 AM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: LY]
pastorbmp
10 Point

Loc: Wartburg,TN

"I'm scent free"

1Ti 1:15: ...Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

#3285528 - 07/08/13 10:19 AM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: pastorbmp]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

content Online
"on the last second, of the last hour, of the last day of the hunt, of the last day of the season, of my last breath..." And so on... \:D

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3285534 - 07/08/13 10:24 AM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: pastorbmp]
DKO77
4 Point

Loc: TN

Don't you just love how most of them get so excited when they shoot about a 180 class deer, most of em don't even pick the head off the ground to look at him, much less actually being ecstatic about it, they just talk about sponsers and say lets get him out of here which means the guide will bring the truck and supper , at least there is a few who still get excited and give thanks to who really deserves it - I know I do. O yeah, and I love watching Fred Eichler?? on Easton Bowhunter, that man don't cull anything , Makes Me Proud - lol
#3285776 - 07/08/13 03:03 PM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: pastorbmp]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

Loc: Wilson Co/Perry Co

Originally Posted By: pastorbmp
"I'm scent free"
good one

You wont know,if you dont go!

#3285898 - 07/08/13 05:58 PM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: Football Hunter]
GOODWIN
4 Point

Loc: Chattanooga, TN

"Smoked 'em!!!"
#3285905 - 07/08/13 06:13 PM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: GOODWIN]
redblood
16 Point

Originally Posted By: GOODWIN
"Smoked 'em!!!"

even with a bow (which typically dont even generate smoke)

#3285910 - 07/08/13 06:20 PM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: redblood]
GOODWIN
4 Point

Loc: Chattanooga, TN

Originally Posted By: redblood
 Originally Posted By: GOODWIN
"Smoked 'em!!!"

even with a bow (which typically dont even generate smoke)

And even when it's a horrible shot.

#3286136 - 07/08/13 10:25 PM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: GOODWIN]
DMAG
4 Point

Loc: Bradley County, TN

I love watching the shows. In fact that is about all I watch. I think the biggest lie is the endorsements. We all know that there is skill involved, but the endorsements show false reactions or chosen filmed reactions. I wish all the stars just shot the bow they like instead of the ones they are payed to like.
#3286267 - 07/09/13 08:02 AM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: DMAG]
Right_Tackle74
4 Point

They pass on way too many Deer.
#3286525 - 07/09/13 12:29 PM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: Right_Tackle74]
Headhunter
10 Point

Loc: LaVergne, TN USA

the word "hunt" used in any way on any show is usually a joke. Nothing to do with hunting in shows, more to do with shooting.

#3286530 - 07/09/13 12:34 PM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: Headhunter]
Andy S.
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Loc: Atoka, TN

Originally Posted By: Headhunter
the word "hunt" used in any way on any show is usually a joke. Nothing to do with hunting in shows, more to do with shooting.
Very well said!

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.

#3286540 - 07/09/13 12:42 PM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: redblood]
Headhunter
10 Point

Loc: LaVergne, TN USA

Have to retell a story. I have never liked hunting shows and definitely disliked them more after this. I know what I will call a "hunting groupie" who hangs out with a "hunting pro" or whatever you want to call it personally. I know them both. The "pro" does not like me and that is because I do not worship at his feet or listen to all his BS.

My phone rings in November. I debate answering because it is my friend and I feel sure it has something to do with the "pro". The "pro" is either sponsored by or pays a company that every single hunter has heard of, well known company, to be associated with them, I won't use any names, pm me if you want names. I finally answer and the friend starts screaming "who do you know, who do you f_____ know, who do you know and repeating profanities, that can go to a northern state, hunt 1 day and kill a 180" deer? (As if they were the only people on the planet who could do it) I ask him where he was and could I see the deer he shot? He didn't kill it, the "pro" did. I was falling over laughing, like I said "groupie". I said, "tell me the story". He said they hunted that morning, didn't see anything. At lunch, a well known person from the well known company told them he had seen a great buck out of stand so they should hunt there. This is on a very popular video that was sold everywhere at the time. They hunted the stand that afternoon, the deer walked out at 80 yards and they shot it. I asked him who much it cost, can't exactly remember, but it wasw somewhere around 6-8 thousand dollars. I said "well if I had the money, knew the well known "hunting celebrity" (I said his name) and he let me hunt his stand that evening I could have killed him". He almost lost it, I told him when they learned how to hunt to let me know. I really didn't like hunting shows before that and I always have felt that the majority of them are the same crap.

The "pro" was at the NWTF last year signing autographs and by accident we saw each other at the same time, he waved and I showed him he is "number 1" in my book and walked off. I know it was childish, but he has personally stabbed me and many others I know in the back several times.

Edited by Headhunter (07/09/13 12:48 PM)

#3286677 - 07/09/13 03:38 PM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: Headhunter]
landman
8 Point

Loc: TN & Western KY

"WE JUST SET THE WORLD ON FIRE!!!"

But wait maybe it wasn't a Lie, guess we have to wait and see
we the Federal Judge says.....

http://www.JimmySettleLand.com

#3286692 - 07/09/13 03:47 PM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: landman]
Right_Tackle74
4 Point

Good for Headhunter. I'd done the same thing.
#3286710 - 07/09/13 04:18 PM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: Right_Tackle74]
cozy23
6 Point

Loc: Wilson Co.

I like how they re-enact their first visual of the deer and act all excited but the camera is out in front of them while they are actin like they just saw it. The entire time they have already shot the deer but HAVE to make a tv show. I wanna see some real hunts from start to finish.
#3286759 - 07/09/13 05:17 PM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: Headhunter]
MattR
8 Point

Loc: Nashville

Originally Posted By: Headhunter

Yes Yes Yes.... x2 exactly what I was thinking

#3286767 - 07/09/13 05:29 PM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: cozy23]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

content Online
 Originally Posted By: cozy23
I like how they re-enact their first visual of the deer and act all excited but the camera is out in front of them while they are actin like they just saw it. The entire time they have already shot the deer but HAVE to make a tv show. I wanna see some real hunts from start to finish.

That's usually a 2nd camera in a fixed position on the hunter. Often times, they are running at least two cameras + GoPros.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3287023 - 07/09/13 10:21 PM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: Poser]
Meathunter73
6 Point

Loc: waynesboro

No bait is used in states where illegal!
#3287119 - 07/10/13 06:31 AM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: Poser]
cozy23
6 Point

Loc: Wilson Co.

Originally Posted By: Poser

That's usually a 2nd camera in a fixed position on the hunter. Often times, they are running at least two cameras + GoPros.

That's exactly correct but it's obvious on some of the shows that there are re-enactments. Just sayin. If you pay attention to some of the camera angles and shots and the way the hunter is acting, it's obvious.

#3287131 - 07/10/13 07:12 AM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: cozy23]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Poser

That's exactly correct but it's obvious on some of the shows that there are re-enactments. Just sayin. If you pay attention to some of the camera angles and shots and the way the hunter is acting, it's obvious.

Or when they "discover" the deer and then all of a sudden there is a front camera angle. Not to mention that there is no blood showing....

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3287520 - 07/10/13 01:08 PM Re: Biggest Lie on Deer Hunting Shows . . . [Re: redblood]
jlmustain
6 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Sorry. The whole post was edited instead of the one word.

I said that the biggest lie was when some goofball says "I don't hunt trophies, I hunt age." It's so stupid. It's obvious they're just trying to make a good line to compensate for the smaller deer they took.

It just doesn't make sense to me that if one of those dudes were staring down a 17-point 5-year-old and an 8-point 7-year-old, both in the same field, both in range, that they'd take the 8. That never happens because they only say they hunt age when the 8 is the only thing in range.

It's deer-hunting! Just enjoy it and we'll enjoy watching it no matter what!

Page all of 4 1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
swampdonkey83, chrisp711, DEH20, tomtalker, jg12
13193 Registered Users
Who's Online
97 registered (Gravey, Jacoprint, THE DUKE, mossyhorns300, TNOutdoorCo, gtk, 14 invisible) and 125 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13193 Members
42 Forums
91316 Topics
1067514 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.047 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.