Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3282932 - 07/05/13 10:20 AM Gun Dipping recommendations?
REN
Good ol' Boys "Team Grizzly"
12 Point

Loc: Wilson County, TN

i am prob gonna get my SBE2 dipped in the next month or so just to make it more "custom" so to speak. anyone have updated reviews or recommendations or for that matter ones to stay away from?

I am looking at doing either MO bottomland OR Elusion Forest Ghost (leaning to the Elusion currently). I am very very nervious about getting it done as it is a crazy expensive shotgun and it is my "always wanted" gun. If it was done just so so and what not Im not sure what i would do.

Looking for someone with a good price and does GREAT work....i mean great, not "good" or "pretty good" but GREAT. Would want someone that does a final coat to help it last longer as well.

any reviews or opinions are welcome, Im gonna sent my barrel off to Rob Roberts next week to get it ported and the forcing cone lengthened then its off to get dipped hopefully.

Ive read some good and some not so good on Tarjac, good stuff about Camo Solutions but he doesnt carry Elusion camo and some good and not so good on ColorandCamo. TNT customer camo does both camos but its a newer company from what i gather which makes me a tad nervous.

John 3:16

#3282952 - 07/05/13 10:59 AM Re: Gun Dipping recommendations? [Re: REN]
JandSCattleCo
8 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

There's a guy on TnDucks.com that does camo dipping. He's local too. Everyone seems to really like his stuff. Ill see if I can find his info on there.

-Breathe Easy

#3282960 - 07/05/13 11:16 AM Re: Gun Dipping recommendations? [Re: JandSCattleCo]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

http://fightingsheepdog.com/services/refinishing-services/

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#3283068 - 07/05/13 02:44 PM Re: Gun Dipping recommendations? [Re: stik]
TNlandowner
6 Point

Loc: Carroll County

http://www.camofinish.com

They are dipping two rifles for me now. They dip then add four (4) clear coats to preserve the finish.

"Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

Isaiah 6:8

#3291139 - 07/14/13 03:44 PM Re: Gun Dipping recommendations? [Re: TNlandowner]
TNlandowner
6 Point

I'm very happy with the rifles after Camo Finish Team applied the custom films. Sure was worth the trip over to Skull bone.

Both kids now have unique guns to grow with.

#3291505 - 07/14/13 09:31 PM Re: Gun Dipping recommendations? [Re: TNlandowner]
REN
12 Point

nice! i ended up going with Rob Roberts Gun Works mainly because i had already sent him my barrel to port it and lengthen the forcing cone AND he is one of the few that fully remove the old camo before applying the new dip not to mention it has a full warrenty as long as he is alive.

His shop is were benelli sends all their vincis and SBE2s for superformace work so who better to work on my SBE2.

#3291699 - 07/15/13 07:13 AM Re: Gun Dipping recommendations? [Re: REN]
TNlandowner
6 Point

Originally Posted By: REN
nice! i ended up going with Rob Roberts Gun Works has a full warrenty as long as he is alive.

His shop is were benelli sends all their vincis and SBE2s for superformace work so who better to work on my SBE2.

Now that is great service! Do you have any pictures?

#3291743 - 07/15/13 08:06 AM Re: Gun Dipping recommendations? [Re: TNlandowner]
Headhunter
10 Point

Loc: LaVergne, TN USA

I wouldn't dip. I would paint it myself. Krylon is awesome and in my opinion looks way better and more custom than any dipping job and a whole lot cheaper.

#3291895 - 07/15/13 10:30 AM Re: Gun Dipping recommendations? [Re: TNlandowner]
REN
12 Point

Originally Posted By: TNlandowner
 Originally Posted By: REN
nice! i ended up going with Rob Roberts Gun Works has a full warrenty as long as he is alive.

Now that is great service! Do you have any pictures?

not yet, should later in the week though. I went with bottomland camo on it, while i REALLY wanted the Elusion Forest Ghost there just wasnt anyone i felt comfortable with that actually had that film.

I found most custom shops dip over the old paint AND can have a 30day drying time for the clear coat. While neither a huge deal, i didnt want anything over the old factory camo, i wanted it removed so it would not be an extra layer and it would just be overall better. In addition Rob has the tools to "cook" theirs when its done so it is fully ready to go that day.

He told me that if it chips or anything like that i can send it back to him and he will make it right without question! Also he is just a great guy to deal with, when i called he was the one that answered the phone and i bet we talked guns and hunting for 20mins.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  RUGER, gtk, Bobby G, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85, Deadeye14
13111 Registered Users
Who's Online
13 registered (ruger7mag, Smokin45, Daniel n, tnbucs1, Planking, Actionfishing, 1 invisible) and 70 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13111 Members
42 Forums
89172 Topics
1042827 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.23 seconds in which 0.009 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.