Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 14 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3282368 - 07/04/13 01:13 PM Re: BSK, gonna love this one [Re: catman529]
10 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Killing big bucks on free ranging land where these mature deer act like...MATURE deer (namely are no hunted lightly but rather are hunted hard and KNOW they are being hunted, does NOT take a deer biologist.

It takes someone who is capable of killing mature deer becuase they have LEARNED how.

I have yet to meet ANY CONSISTENTLY successful mature deer hunter who does not know at least a little something about deer behavior. But most are certainly NOT deer biologist.

Also, I have never met a deer biologist who was good at consistently killing mature pressured deer.
SCAPAS.stay calm and pick a spot.

#3282439 - 07/04/13 02:45 PM Re: BSK, gonna love this one [Re: 102]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: 102
Also, I have never met a deer biologist who was good at consistently killing mature pressured deer.

I have, but their ability to kill mature bucks from pressured land had little to do with their biological knowledge and everything to do with dedicating years and years to learning how to do so.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3282440 - 07/04/13 02:48 PM Re: BSK, gonna love this one [Re: 102]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: 102
I have yet to meet ANY CONSISTENTLY successful mature deer hunter who does not know at least a little something about deer behavior.

I agree. But knowing something about deer behavior doesn't imply knowing why or for what biological reason deer are displaying that behavior (i.e. what that behavior means biologically).

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3282498 - 07/04/13 04:40 PM Re: BSK, gonna love this one [Re: BSK]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

Having a biological knowledge of deer is, without a doubt, an aid in consistently killing bucks of any age. I have on several occasions killed mature bucks that I may have never killed had I not had some biological (educational) knowledge of what they were most apt to do in certain situations. Most often as it related to a food source.

Consistently killing mature bucks involves not only knowledge but time and opportunity. Knowledge not only of the animal but of the terrain and food sources. However, the overriding factor in consistently killing mature bucks on any land, private or public is luck.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#3282555 - 07/04/13 06:01 PM Re: BSK, gonna love this one [Re: catman529]
jlmustain
6 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

I didn't take it personally. I'm just trying to figure out the issue. So is his reliance and usage of the solunar calendar is your beef?

#3282617 - 07/04/13 07:37 PM Re: BSK, gonna love this one [Re: jlmustain]
10 Point

Consistently killing mature bucks involves not only knowledge but time and opportunity. Knowledge not only of the animal but of the terrain and food sources. However, the overriding factor in consistently killing mature bucks on any land, private or public is luck.

EXACTLY!
SCAPAS.stay calm and pick a spot.

#3282622 - 07/04/13 07:49 PM Re: BSK, gonna love this one [Re: jlmustain]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

Originally Posted By: jlmustain
I didn't take it personally. I'm just trying to figure out the issue. So is his reliance and usage of the solunar calendar is your beef?

You see, it is an ongoing thing. His reliance on a "theory" that has been proven to be totally false is the thing. IOW-the moon has nothing to do with the rut. However, he keeps trying to sell a product and a "schedule" based on the totally false information. That is the beef that BSK, myself and others have with this.

It is no big deal but he is trying to pass himself off as an expert and a biologist when in fact, he is neither.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#3282724 - 07/04/13 11:15 PM Re: BSK, gonna love this one [Re: bowriter]
Boone 58
16 Point

Loc: Food Plot

\:D .................aint falling for the ole "tasting the oboamsum trick"................ \:D

Edited by Boone 58 (07/04/13 11:15 PM)

#3282750 - 07/05/13 12:25 AM Re: BSK, gonna love this one [Re: bowriter]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Originally Posted By: bowriter
 Originally Posted By: jlmustain

You see, it is an ongoing thing. His reliance on a "theory" that has been proven to be totally false is the thing. IOW-the moon has nothing to do with the rut. However, he keeps trying to sell a product and a "schedule" based on the totally false information. That is the beef that BSK, myself and others have with this.

It is no big deal but he is trying to pass himself off as an expert and a biologist when in fact, he is neither.

I don't know this guy personally, but, based on his writings, he represents (most of everything) wrong with contemporary deer hunting.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3282752 - 07/05/13 12:30 AM Re: BSK, gonna love this one [Re: catman529]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

content Online
i dont know about the accuracy of his predictions-time will solve that riddle, But his writing is a snore fest.

Page 2 of 14 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
14 registered (redblood, NoNtYpiCaL1, Eric Kilby, Puddleduck, Zulu, Yotekiller011, 3 invisible) and 46 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
93197 Topics
1088539 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.096 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.