Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#3280778 - 07/02/13 03:37 PM Re: Democrats Arent The Only Problem [Re: Stalkhunter]
LB FANATIC
6 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Those who see are aware of the call, and we are here

#3281019 - 07/02/13 08:54 PM Re: Democrats Arent The Only Problem [Re: LB FANATIC]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

The ONLY reason I am a registered Republican is so I can vote in the Primaries here in Florida. Otherwise I consider myself a Libertarian.

#3281423 - 07/03/13 10:13 AM Re: Democrats Arent The Only Problem [Re: Locksley]
Steverino
6 Point

Loc: Giles Co

Originally Posted By: Locksley
 Originally Posted By: Vermin93
Some people, including Joe the Plumber, just don't seem to understand how the US Senate works.

Bush ran up way too much debt by cutting taxes and not vetoing nearly enough bills from Congress, but apparently Joe the Plumber forgot how the serious attempt by Bush and the GOP to reform Social Security was wildly unpopular with every single Democrat and the majority of the American people. This is the same American people who love to whine about government spending but never want anything cut or reformed if it negatively affects them.

Hangnail is wrong about Notre Dame football, but he's right on about this. Every year it becomes more and more evident that there are more of them than there are of us. Look at Western Europe. That is our future.
n

This is the kind of reasoning the Democrats use for their anti-hunting and anti-gun bills and agenda.

There's no doubt that the rhetoric on all sides of the gun issue has left the building. But there is one thing we all agree on; the sort of people who committed the sort of mass murders we've seen recently in Aurora, Colo. and Newtown, Ct. are mentally ill. Doing something like this simply doesn't occur to sane people. In fact this was one of the NRA's first assertions; that this is a mental health issue.

The outcry about guns today is really about how to end or at least minimize these bloody events. People just want to know that when they send their 6-year-old to school in the morning, they'll see them in the afternoon. Government exists to protect us--especially, from things like this. If the government did nothing in this pass, it simply would not be doing its job and would deserve to be called deaf, dumb, and blind to reality.

So how about this; since we can all agree that these disasters are committed by mentally ill people, how about making a mental health evaluation a condition for all gun permits, including the current owners of guns? Naturally, this couldn't be a one-time-only event, since people change over time. But it would do something about keeping guns out of the hands of madmen.

Would that stop someone from stealing weapons and using them? Nothing would. But would it do something to minimize the likelihood of these mass murders occurring again? I'd say yes. At a minimum, it could do no harm. And I think a proposal like this would attract wide-based support, except from people who consider their own government the enemy.

The question we need to ask about people with those beliefs is; would anything satisfy them? And if not; why should we listen to them, much less affect the conversation?

I'm very familiar with Newtown - I carefully listened to the "news" the day the tragedy happened - I say news because the lack of accuracy got so bad the State Police threatened to start investigating people for giving out information they had no proof of - I also work in Law Enforcement in a civilian capacity. I can without any doubt tell you that politicians used this horrible event to continue a program in CT they've been working on for years. I was present a the legislative office building for the "hearing" which was mostly them letting all of us tell them why their proposals wouldn't prevent another Sandy Hook. They had their minds made up ahead of time and with an unconstitutional "Emergency Certification" passed this crap we have to deal with now. Wait until all of the trap and skeet people find out in October they'll have to get a permit to buy ammunition for their Perazzis. Heck they'll have to get a long gun permit to buy a Perazzi. Several lawsuits are in play and one gun manufacturer has packed up and left the state.

THis whole thing wasn't a reaction - it was used as one. As I said the anti-gun agenda has been here for years in CT and it took just one tragedy like this to set this all in motion. The CT Constitution specifically states the right of the individual to keep and bear arms - yet that has been trampled on. We still don't have the final report from Sandy Hook but we now have the most draconian gun laws in the country and our two progressive evangelists - Murphy and Blumenthal are determined to share it with the rest of the country.

#3281436 - 07/03/13 10:31 AM Re: Democrats Arent The Only Problem [Re: Steverino]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Steverino.

Thank you for the first-hand account of that was going on up there. Politicians are slime. They had the legislation ready to go, both in your state, other states and the federal government. They were waiting for the right tragedy to exploit. Now they are just waiting on another one.

We can't even begin to imagine what their action will be the first time one of these shooters is an actual conservative.
Folks say "don't bring politics into this". But 'This" is all about politics.

It's terrible enough that people, kids etc die. It's even worse how progressives use their deaths as a platform to stand on and garnish more POWER.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
84 registered (mossyoakmantn, Beav66, Wobblyshot1, stylishblueticks, darn2ten, John3, 10 invisible) and 110 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
93159 Topics
1088170 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.281 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.