Tndeer Logo

Page all of 3 123>
Topic Options
#3280463 - 07/02/13 09:24 AM Arrested for filming police?
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

This video is making some waves around the internet because a dog ends up getting shot. You can watch a guy filming the police and get cuffed for (seemingly) no reason. Thoughts?

http://topinfopost.com/2013/07/02/hawtho...fb_source=pubv1

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3280470 - 07/02/13 09:28 AM Re: Arrested for filming police? [Re: Poser]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

A little further research suggests that they had asked him to turn his car stereo down. I'm guessing that is the music you hear in the background.

#3280479 - 07/02/13 09:34 AM Re: Arrested for filming police? [Re: Poser]
bowhunter163
8 Point

Loc: knoxville,tn

Probably should have tazed the dog instead . But if the guy would have rolled the windows up a little so the dog couldn't get out . I feel bad for the pup he was just trying to protect his owner . But they had to do what they had to do . He was coming for them for sure .

Edited by bowhunter163 (07/02/13 09:36 AM)
865-922-5456

#3280489 - 07/02/13 09:48 AM Re: Arrested for filming police? [Re: bowhunter163]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

yeah, you can't blame the cop for shooting the dog at that point. -mainly curious about the circumstances of the arrest that led to the dog incident in the first place. The guy appeared compliant when they cuffed him.

#3280513 - 07/02/13 10:19 AM Re: Arrested for filming police? [Re: Poser]
Hollar Hunter
8 Point

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: Poser
yeah, you can't blame the cop for shooting the dog at that point. -mainly curious about the circumstances of the arrest that led to the dog incident in the first place. The guy appeared compliant when they cuffed him.

That's what I don't understand? He wasn't interfering in the investigation or raid. There was obviously plenty of others filming and watching although he was the closest. Looks like they just wanted to be high and mighty and assert their authority which leads to things like this...

Spend your time where you get the most return on it...

#3280517 - 07/02/13 10:26 AM Re: Arrested for filming police? [Re: Hollar Hunter]
iowavf
10 Point

Loc: southwest iowa

I'd be in court with the city, police department, and the cops who came and handcuffed me over this one.
#3280584 - 07/02/13 11:37 AM Re: Arrested for filming police? [Re: iowavf]
fredfred
8 Point

Loc: crossville, tn

Originally Posted By: iowavf
I'd be in court with the city, police department, and the cops who came and handcuffed me over this one.

Yep that's normally how it goes when you get arrested \:D

Democrats and liberals have turned our country into a bunch of SISSYS

#3280604 - 07/02/13 12:00 PM Re: Arrested for filming police? [Re: fredfred]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN

Yeah thats BS.

#3280624 - 07/02/13 12:24 PM Re: Arrested for filming police? [Re: Poser]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

I guess we don't know what we don't know, but based solely on the video footage, this is no obvious reason (in the video) why those police officers should have been so quick to cuff that man with the dog.

Originally Posted By: Poser
A little further research suggests that they had asked him to turn his car stereo down. I'm guessing that is the music you hear in the background.

Yet, they were so quick to cuff the man and manhandle him away from his car and dog? The man certainly had no opportunity to turn down his music after they cuffed him. I would also assume he didn't roll up his windows more because he had no clue those officers were about to take the actions they took.

Maybe not realizing he was about to be cuffed and physically dragged away from his dog in the car, just based on the video, seemed the dog was just being protective of his owner. Can't blame the officer for shooting at the moment he shot, but certainly can question the officers' judgement in what led up to this shooting.

As said previously, we don't know what we don't know, and I'm not saying the officer(s) didn't have the right to cuff the man. But I am saying it appears the officers used poor judgement, regardless. Having had ample time to "size up that dog", the officers could have asked the man to roll his windows up some more, for the protection of all, including the dog. But, we don't know that they didn't. We do know what we saw, including multiple bullets hitting concrete and ricocheting near by-standers. Those ricochets had potential to be more deadly than the dog (which had previously shown no aggression prior to what would have appeared his owner being attacked by two men).

#3280625 - 07/02/13 12:25 PM Re: Arrested for filming police? [Re: DntBrnDPig]
REM7
10 Point

Loc: GRUNDY COUNTY

Just glad it wasnt the guys kid tryin to protect his dad.
#3280646 - 07/02/13 12:44 PM Re: Arrested for filming police? [Re: REM7]
gtk Moderator
10 Point

Loc: Mississippi

I'm sure the officer wishes he hadn't of shot, now that's its over.

supposedly, from other news sources, he had been asked repeatedly to turn down his music. Also, this guy has other lawsuits against the police department. his lawyer said this event "will be added to the lawsuit". Makes you wonder if he wasn't looking for trouble?

Mississippi Hunters Online PhotoAlbum

#3280658 - 07/02/13 01:01 PM Re: Arrested for filming police? [Re: Poser]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Sad deal for the dog. I have no speakers here at work, so I can't comment any further.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3280661 - 07/02/13 01:03 PM Re: Arrested for filming police? [Re: gtk]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Originally Posted By: gtk
Makes you wonder if he wasn't looking for trouble?

I always try to give both sides the benefit of any doubts, and would really like to know everything that led up to this, including what happened before the video clip we saw.

Perhaps those particular police officers were also "looking for trouble" because they already had it in for this man?

In the meantime, it can be very difficult for any of us to overcome our own preconceived biases and/or prejudices, which some have more for the cuffed man, some have more for the police officers, and I have more for the dog.

#3280664 - 07/02/13 01:12 PM Re: Arrested for filming police? [Re: Wes Parrish]
Slaughter-06
14 Point

Loc: Dyersburg,Tn.

I guess I see things way different then all of you, the film clip I saw showed people standing everywhere even down the street where he was shooting not once but four or five times! shooting at a hard surface at that. He is so lucky he did not kill one of two people while shooting this dog! I would of taking a bite fro that dog any day before I would open fire at a dog with a crowd standing all around.
Most reckless shooting I have ever seen!

#3280669 - 07/02/13 01:16 PM Re: Arrested for filming police? [Re: Wes Parrish]
Slaughter-06
14 Point

Loc: Dyersburg,Tn.

Originally Posted By: Wes Parrish
 Originally Posted By: gtk
Makes you wonder if he wasn't looking for trouble?

I always try to give both sides the benefit of any doubts, and would really like to know everything that led up to this, including what happened before the video clip we saw.

Perhaps those particular police officers were also "looking for trouble" because they already had it in for this man?

In the meantime, it can be very difficult for any of us to overcome our own preconceived biases and/or prejudices, which some have more for the cuffed man, some have more for the police officers, and I have more for the dog.

I for the innocent bystanders in the line of fire!

#3280690 - 07/02/13 01:30 PM Re: Arrested for filming police? [Re: Slaughter-06]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

I can't stand people who get out of their car and leave the stereo blaring. Sorry his dog got shot and I'm not sure why he was arrested. Obviously not for videoing the scene, we're watching a video of him videoing.

But anyone who thinks their music should be "enjoyed" by everyone within 100 yrds deserves a beat down - IMO

I think everyone involved here is a jerk

#3280737 - 07/02/13 02:41 PM Re: Arrested for filming police? [Re: REM7]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Loc: TN, Sumner, Hendersonville

California just needs to fall off the face of America.

#3280751 - 07/02/13 03:02 PM Re: Arrested for filming police? [Re: Poser]
DaveB
10 Point

Loc: Shelby County

content Online
I have a bunch of comments but I'll be quiet.
#3280761 - 07/02/13 03:18 PM Re: Arrested for filming police? [Re: DaveB]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

They did not arrest him only for filming - others were obviously filming.. He was stirring trouble and should have secured the dog.. I'd have shot that dog as well as soon as it started showing uncontrolled aggression

#3280772 - 07/02/13 03:30 PM Re: Arrested for filming police? [Re: Slaughter-06]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

Loc: Dallas, GA. & Cookeville, TN

Hawthorne. Nuff said. Bad people and bad situation. That place is a war zone and not somwhere I would ever go near when I was stationed in California. I sure would like to hear REAL story as the headline is definately misleading if not an absolute lie.

That said, I dont think he was arrested for filming the police as SCOTUS ruled that as being legal in Nov of 2012 and most LEA know this ruling as it created quite a stir. Police and public servants can be filmed on public streets or public areas.

As for the dog, it was going in and the officer has every right to protect himself. From the camera angle its tough to see if there were any people behind the line of fire. It seemed like he was almost going to finish the dog off when he realized his angle of fire had changed.

Some said the guy was asked to turn down his music several times and I bet the officers who went down the street were listening for the music from a specified distance to see if he was breaking an ordinance, add that with an already tense situation where the SWAT vehicle and several LEO units are on scene and I can see him getting arrested.

The guy knew he was going to get arrested from his actions and I think he set up much of what went down.

John 15:13

#3280777 - 07/02/13 03:35 PM Re: Arrested for filming police? [Re: Kimber45]
WRbowhunter
8 Point

Loc: collierville,tn

whole thing seemed odd about the arrest but as far as shooting the dog If it was me I would have shot the dog. Just imagine walking to your deer stand one afternoon and that big dog came at you and was not backing down like that dog. How many on here would have tried some other alternative other than shooting, that was no beagle.

#3280837 - 07/02/13 05:11 PM Re: Arrested for filming police? [Re: 89cherokeelimited]
fredfred
8 Point

Loc: crossville, tn

Originally Posted By: 89cherokeelimited

x2

Democrats and liberals have turned our country into a bunch of SISSYS

#3280842 - 07/02/13 05:14 PM Re: Arrested for filming police? [Re: 89cherokeelimited]
rem270
18 Point

Loc: south fulton

It has 13 days to do it before my ex wife moves back from there

Its not what happens in life, but how you react to it that matters.

#3280853 - 07/02/13 05:34 PM Re: Arrested for filming police? [Re: rem270]
SilverFox
10 Point

Loc: Kodak TN

shocked Online
Looked like he attempted to catch the dog by the leash before he shot it. Without knowing line of fire it's hard to comment on if it was a bad choice to shoot in that direction. If line of fire was clear I would have shot him also.

#3281496 - 07/03/13 12:00 PM Re: Arrested for filming police? [Re: rem270]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Originally Posted By: rem270

It has 13 days to do it before my ex wife moves back from there

HAHA NICE!

#3281498 - 07/03/13 12:01 PM Re: Arrested for filming police? [Re: SilverFox]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Originally Posted By: SilverFox
Looked like he attempted to catch the dog by the leash before he shot it. Without knowing line of fire it's hard to comment on if it was a bad choice to shoot in that direction. If line of fire was clear I would have shot him also.

Bad thing from the angle of the video it looked like he might have shot into the sidewalk which can easily ricochet into people standing around

Page all of 3 123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TboneD, sbhockey, ZachA, DocT, Raegan
13202 Registered Users
Who's Online
131 registered (beachguy, FISH, SAWDUST, stickler, cardia10, plinker22, 13 invisible) and 162 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13202 Members
42 Forums
91454 Topics
1069141 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.045 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.