Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#3280201 - 07/01/13 09:55 PM IRONY: Gas Cars "Greener" than Electric Cars?
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Green Illusions . . . . . . . .

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/...ampaign=foxnews

BERKELEY, Calif., July 1 (UPI) -- Electric cars, despite their supposed green credentials, are among the environmentally dirtiest transportation options, a U.S. researcher suggests.

Writing in the journal IEEE Spectrum, researcher Ozzie Zehner says electric cars lead to hidden environmental and health damages and are likely more harmful than gasoline cars and other transportation options.

Electric cars merely shift negative impacts from one place to another, he wrote, and "most electric-car assessments analyze only the charging of the car. This is an important factor indeed. But a more rigorous analysis would consider the environmental impacts over the vehicle's entire life cycle, from its construction through its operation and on to its eventual retirement at the junkyard."

#3281333 - 07/03/13 08:39 AM Re: IRONY: Gas Cars "Greener" than Electric Cars? [Re: Wes Parrish]
Deer Whisperer
10 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

I know my little gas burner is greener than any hybrid. Mine gets > 50 mpg. Thats better mileage than those hybrids.
If you want to look like you want to save mother earth, drive a Prius.
If you want to save some money, buy a car that really does save you money.

#3281376 - 07/03/13 09:13 AM Re: IRONY: Gas Cars "Greener" than Electric Cars? [Re: Deer Whisperer]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

Remember those little VW cars from the 80's ? The Rabbit got excellent mileage and the rabbit diesel got close to 50mpg.

Read an article a while back where those vehicles have been banned from the US.

Not to mention those Mitsubishi mini trucks which are so popular overseas. ( I would love to have one on the farm)

The "green" movement is a Fraud. They have taken a good idea of being thrifty and turned it into a government fueled extortion racket.

I think Ill go burn some tires.

#3281389 - 07/03/13 09:35 AM Re: IRONY: Gas Cars "Greener" than Electric Cars? [Re: fishboy1]
Deer Whisperer
10 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Fishboy is right. The VW TDI cars from the late 90's to about 2003 got a lot better mileage than any of the later TDI's. This is because EPA regulations made them reduce emissions. Todays TDI's use more fuel, but burn it a little cleaner than before.
My car has a Honda lean burn engine. The EPA did away with this engine as well. Honda's lean burn engine was one of the best engines ever. It has enough power when you need it, and when you are just cruising along, it switches into lean burn mode and drastically reduces fuel consumption. My best tank of gas so far is 57 mpg. My goal is to beat 60 mpg.

#3281421 - 07/03/13 10:12 AM Re: IRONY: Gas Cars "Greener" than Electric Cars? [Re: Deer Whisperer]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
14 Point

Loc: TN

Green is the new Red.

#3281422 - 07/03/13 10:12 AM Re: IRONY: Gas Cars "Greener" than Electric Cars? [Re: fishboy1]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Originally Posted By: fishboy1
The "green" movement is a Fraud. They have taken a good idea of being thrifty and turned it into a government fueled extortion racket.

I am so sad to say, you are technically correct.

However, at the grassroots level of citizen participation, most people trying to be "greener" are not frauds, and are truly just trying to do better, most not realizing the extent to which their emotions are being played, like a fiddle, even to the point of their making counter-productive changes.

The problem is not the "green" movement, it is government's role in the movement. It is too much government that has turned this into an extortion racket, and now more about bureaucratic control, and the power of bureaucratic figureheads to create monuments to themselves via their signature rules and regulations. Yet worse, it has become a venue for the most corrupt of politicians (such as Al Gore) to perpetrate their money-making schemes for both themselves and their political cronies.

#3281627 - 07/03/13 02:09 PM Re: IRONY: Gas Cars "Greener" than Electric Cars? [Re: Wes Parrish]
preds1
12 Point

Loc: Sumner County

http://youtu.be/pqICP295APA

#3281660 - 07/03/13 03:03 PM Re: IRONY: Gas Cars "Greener" than Electric Cars? [Re: preds1]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

Wes I agree with you mostly.

At some point people have to take responsibility for their own thoughts and actions. The left wing collectivist public education program has turned a good part of America into drones.

Look at how everybody has to be "cool" by being a part of some rebellious group which shows their individuality by conforming to a norm and mocking everybody else who doesn't "get it".

The green movement is no different. The desire to be unique and special by being part of a group of self endowed elitists is getting old.

Who is calling the shots in these groups??? I bet you could invent some "cool alternative" group who's primary function is to be slightly weird while being aloof and snotty with zero substance and become an overnight sensation. All you would need is to get a couple magazine articles published talking about how exclusive, out of the main stream, and cool your movement is.

#3281662 - 07/03/13 03:05 PM Re: IRONY: Gas Cars "Greener" than Electric Cars? [Re: fishboy1]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Fishboy, I agree with you totally. \:\)
#3281671 - 07/03/13 03:17 PM Re: IRONY: Gas Cars "Greener" than Electric Cars? [Re: fishboy1]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Originally Posted By: fishboy1
I bet you could invent some "cool alternative" group who's primary function is to be slightly weird while being aloof and snotty with zero substance and become an overnight sensation. All you would need is to get a couple magazine articles published talking about how exclusive, out of the main stream, and cool your movement is.

Kwanzaa

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
61 registered (Timber Ghost, mjac, Devin2009, Travis G., The ScubaCamper, Gravey, 9 invisible) and 126 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
93221 Topics
1088565 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.601 seconds in which 0.019 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.