if a woman chooses to abort baby it is legal and ok

but if he terminates pregnancy he is charged and faces life in jail

come on either and unborn baby is a living person or not

make up ur mind

for the record i am 110% against abortion

Spending money I dont have

on things I dont need

to impress people I dont know

#3280171 - 07/01/13 09:24 PM Re: talk about double standards in the usa [Re: Deer Assassin]
W.Seay
14 Point

Loc: Collierville,TN.

I agree %100 with you!!

#3280193 - 07/01/13 09:47 PM Re: talk about double standards in the usa [Re: W.Seay]
Locksley
16 Point

Loc: Antioch TN

unborn baby is a living person and I am not politically correct and too old to change and will not anyway.

#3280213 - 07/01/13 10:28 PM Re: talk about double standards in the usa [Re: Locksley]
WGK
WILD BILL
12 Point

Loc: loudon

Abortion is 1000 % wrong.

#3280217 - 07/01/13 10:30 PM Re: talk about double standards in the usa [Re: Locksley]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

DA, you don't seem to understand. It's all about "choice". If the woman "chooses" to keep the child then it's a human being in the womb. However, if she "chooses" not to keep the child then it's just an annoying little fetus with no rights or legal protection.

This sounds harsh, but the reality is that abortion is many things, including minority and Democrat population control. Statistics indicate that a black woman is 5 times more likely to have an abortion than a white woman, a Hispanic woman is 3 times more likely to have an abortion than a white woman, and the majority of white women that have abortions are young and/or low income women. Given the political affiliations of these abortion demographics, I will never understand why so many Democrats support abortion so passionately from birth to conception. It's strange to see a group hold such a principled position on something so counterproductive to their cause and their membership.

#3280221 - 07/01/13 10:38 PM Re: talk about double standards in the usa [Re: WGK]
Snake
18 Point

Loc: McMinn Co.Tennessee U.S.

Originally Posted By: WGK

I agree !

#3280226 - 07/01/13 10:47 PM Re: talk about double standards in the usa [Re: Snake]
DirtyBear0311
8 Point

Loc: Milan, TN

You are right completely. It is really biased the way it is set up like that. With that being said, I hope the dude gets life and then gets stabbed in the throat with something dull, rusty, and jagged.

Just because it's bad-a** don't mean it's a good idea.

#3280302 - 07/02/13 06:16 AM Re: talk about double standards in the usa [Re: Vermin93]
Deer Assassin
Non-Typical

Loc: Kingston Springs

Originally Posted By: Vermin93
DA, you don't seem to understand. It's all about "choice". If the woman "chooses" to keep the child then it's a human being in the womb. However, if she "chooses" not to keep the child then it's just an annoying little fetus with no rights or legal protection.

This sounds harsh, but the reality is that abortion is many things, including minority and Democrat population control. Statistics indicate that a black woman is 5 times more likely to have an abortion than a white woman, a Hispanic woman is 3 times more likely to have an abortion than a white woman, and the majority of white women that have abortions are young and/or low income women. Given the political affiliations of these abortion demographics, I will never understand why so many Democrats support abortion so passionately from birth to conception. It's strange to see a group hold such a principled position on something so counterproductive to their cause and their membership.

i get that but i can think of better versions of population control and not starting the the innocent (un born)

on things I dont need

#3280307 - 07/02/13 06:31 AM Re: talk about double standards in the usa [Re: Deer Assassin]
Brisco Darlin
10 Point

Loc: East Tn.

agree. abortion is wrong.it's murder no matter how you look at it.

#3280313 - 07/02/13 06:55 AM Re: talk about double standards in the usa [Re: WGK]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

Yep!

#3280315 - 07/02/13 06:57 AM Re: talk about double standards in the usa [Re: rabbit hunter]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Q. When does a fetus become a baby?
A. When it is loved.

#3280342 - 07/02/13 07:23 AM Re: talk about double standards in the usa [Re: Crappie Luck]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Loc: Hatchie Bottoms

In a case where both the mother and child are healthy and there seems to be no problem, then I agree that abortion is wrong.

When you start talking about unhealthy pregnancies, be it the child, the mother or both having issues, then sometimes we should take a closer look.

Another scenario might be rape victims. If your daughter , say is 12 years old and gets raped, should she be forced to carry the child to term and become a mom at 12? Would you make her do this and then put the child up for adoption or maybe raise the child yourself? When you looked at the child, would you think about the horrific experience that your daughter had to endure? How would this affect your daughter?

I'm not so sure what would be the best course of action under those circumstances?

What if your wife was pregnant and there was complications and you knew that she might die if she carried the child to term and the rest of your children would lose their mom and you would lose your wife.?

Lots of things to think about. Sometimes we have to be in those circumstances to know for sure what we would do. I have no idea what I would do. Do you?

Again, terminating a healthy pregnancy is wrong, imo.

Walk away; the battle they are fighting is not with you, but with themselves.

#3280385 - 07/02/13 07:55 AM Re: talk about double standards in the usa [Re: Bottom Hunter]
EastTNHunter
10 Point

Loc: Rhea Co., TN

Originally Posted By: Bottom Hunter
In a case where both the mother and child are healthy and there seems to be no problem, then I agree that abortion is wrong.

When you start talking about unhealthy pregnancies, be it the child, the mother or both having issues, then sometimes we should take a closer look.

Another scenario might be rape victims. If your daughter , say is 12 years old and gets raped, should she be forced to carry the child to term and become a mom at 12? Would you make her do this and then put the child up for adoption or maybe raise the child yourself? When you looked at the child, would you think about the horrific experience that your daughter had to endure? How would this affect your daughter?

I'm not so sure what would be the best course of action under those circumstances?

What if your wife was pregnant and there was complications and you knew that she might die if she carried the child to term and the rest of your children would lose their mom and you would lose your wife.?

Lots of things to think about. Sometimes we have to be in those circumstances to know for sure what we would do. I have no idea what I would do. Do you?

1. This still does not take the Baby's health into account
2. Define "healthy," as many think that if a child has down syndrome or other form of non-fatal abnormality then they are worthless, which is totally untrue
3. The rape example is tough, but adoption is an option if the emotional issue comes into play

4. And most importantly, these reasons for abortion account for less than 1% of all abortions performed, so they do not hold much weight, anyhow. They are jsut easy talking points to make people feel better about the big picture...

Edited by EastTNHunter (07/02/13 08:01 AM)

#3280389 - 07/02/13 07:57 AM Re: talk about double standards in the usa [Re: WGK]
in the dog house!
16 Point

Loc: west tn

100% agree

Only exception is if the mother's life is highly at risk.

Edited by in the dog house! (07/02/13 08:00 AM)

Μολων λαβε

#3280429 - 07/02/13 08:44 AM Re: talk about double standards in the usa [Re: Snake]
Hollar Hunter
8 Point

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: Snake

I agree !

Fast track to hell!

Spend your time where you get the most return on it...

#3280464 - 07/02/13 09:25 AM Re: talk about double standards in the usa [Re: Hollar Hunter]
Deer Assassin
Non-Typical

i think some you yall are missing the point of why i posted this

how can a woman terminate it and it is legal

but a man does it and it is murder

on things I dont need

#3280469 - 07/02/13 09:27 AM Re: talk about double standards in the usa [Re: Deer Assassin]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Where's a man's right to choose?

#3280495 - 07/02/13 09:54 AM Re: talk about double standards in the usa [Re: Crappie Luck]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck

Where are the baby's rights? Those are the only ones that should be considered.

#3280544 - 07/02/13 10:53 AM Re: talk about double standards in the usa [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

Originally Posted By: Bottom Hunter

The things that you mentioned are not where the battle over abortion legislation has been fought, but they are subjects that liberals continually mention in order to deflect attention away from the reality of abortion. Democrats in Congress and in Texas have recently blocked Republican legislation that would prohibit the abortion of "healthy" babies after 20 weeks. This legislation came about because of the recent and horrific Kermit Gosnell trial. 20 weeks is 5 months. One would think that a woman should be able to "choose" before then. Yet, Democrats oppose a 5-month decision window. They want a 9-month one.

The position of abortion rights groups like NARAL and their Democrat allies in Congress and the White House is abortion on demand anytime from birth to conception regardless of the "health" of the baby and the mother. Ask these people at what point in a pregnancy abortion should be banned and you will either not get an answer or you will get the foggiest of answers. Nancy Pelosi is a recent example of a Democrat leader who was asked this question and dodged it. This position is not only well outside of mainstream America thinking on abortion, but I would argue it's extreme and sick. Yet, this is never brought up by the media or during political debates prior to elections. Instead, the focus is placed on the issues that you mentioned in order to paint the conservative/Republican candidate as the extremist on abortion.

Let me ask you or anyone this question - what is Obama's specific position on when abortion should be legal? Good luck finding an answer because he has never given a clear answer to that question and I'm not even sure the media has ever asked him.

#3280549 - 07/02/13 11:02 AM Re: talk about double standards in the usa [Re: Vermin93]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Loc: Franklin County

The media won't try to pin osama down on anything controversial that might come back to bite him later. The love osama. They protect osama. Whatever osama says is right and good. Whatever osama says is for the common man. osama loves the poor and fights agains the evil rich conservatives.

Everything I said above is utter nonsense but unfortunately - unbelievably, it is for real and is happening.

#3280565 - 07/02/13 11:21 AM Re: talk about double standards in the usa [Re: BMan]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: BMan

Of course. I was just following DA's point. A woman has this "Right" while a man is charged with murder.

There is no difference. They are both equally narcissistic and murderous.

#3280577 - 07/02/13 11:31 AM Re: talk about double standards in the usa [Re: Crappie Luck]
Deer Assassin
Non-Typical

roger i got it and i knew you would as well

under the current law no way he should be charged with murder

on things I dont need

#3280629 - 07/02/13 12:29 PM Re: talk about double standards in the usa [Re: Hunter 257W]
huntinkev
8 Point

Loc: East Tenn

None of it is right. Killing an unborn baby is murder whether it is the woman or man doing it.

A woman has special "rights". She can legally kill another human being, the most vulnerable of human beings, a helpless baby.

#3280701 - 07/02/13 01:39 PM Re: talk about double standards in the usa [Re: huntinkev]
BlountArrow
10 Point

Loc: SouthEast Tenn

I believe God has a plan for every living thing, and a baby in the womb (regardless of why or how it got there) is a living being that God has a plan for. If you don't believe that then .... well I won't say it. You can't straddle the fence on that.

#3280706 - 07/02/13 01:45 PM Re: talk about double standards in the usa [Re: Crappie Luck]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Of course. I was just following DA's point. A woman has this "Right" while a man is charged with murder.

There is no difference. They are both equally narcissistic and murderous.

I wasn't disagreeing with you. I just feel the ONLY one with rights in the case of abortion, is the one who cannot protect those rights.

#3280740 - 07/02/13 02:53 PM Re: talk about double standards in the usa [Re: BMan]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

I agree also \:\)

I just goes to show you that the left is not just wrong on abortion from "This" aspect or "That" aspect. They are wrong from every possible angle.

Equal Rights
Civil rights
Right to life
Racism
etc.

#3281169 - 07/03/13 12:46 AM Re: talk about double standards in the usa [Re: BMan]
Locksley
16 Point

Loc: Antioch TN

Yes where are the baby's rights in his discussion those are the main ones that should be considered . The women have a right not to die if it is her life or the child doctors give them that right and they had that right before the Wade decisions were forced on the children of this nation. QUOTE [ Roe v. Wade is the historic Supreme Court decision overturning a Texas interpretation of abortion law and making abortion legal in the United States. The Roe v. Wade decision held that a woman, with her doctor, could choose abortion in earlier months of pregnancy without restriction, and with restrictions in later months, based on the right to privacy.
Date of the Roe v. Wade decision:
January 22, 1973. http://www.lifefight.com/The%20Supreme%20Court%20%20Decision%20Roe%20V.%20Wade.html

Page all of 3 123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
7 registered (Eric Kilby, Sting, tnbucs1, jumpmaster21, redheadshooter, H1234) and 82 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.008 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.