Tndeer Logo

Page 225 of 255 « First<223224225226227>Last »
Topic Options
#3275234 - 06/25/13 09:30 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

\:\) Amen

#3275947 - 06/26/13 08:32 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Kimber45]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

Who are you from God's perspective? #11

Today we see who how God sees us as a part of the church. If one studies the bible it is very simple to see that as a believer in Christ that we are to be in and a servant in the church. Look at these verses:

1 Corinthians 12:12-26

12 For as the body is one and has many members, but all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. 14 For in fact the body is not one member but many.

15 If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body,” is it therefore not of the body? 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would be the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where would be the smelling? 18 But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. 19 And if they were all one member, where would the body be?

20 But now indeed there are many members, yet one body. 21 And the eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you”; nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.” 22 No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. 23 And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty, 24 but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it, 25 that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another. 26 And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.

In God's view, we are a vital part of the church. Jesus established the church and expects us to worship and serve at the church. All are equal, all are important, and when a believer makes a choice to either not to go to church or just to sit in the per and not fulfill what talent, gift, or ability He has given them, then they are disobeying God! The church needs all believers and the believer needs the church!

So be obedient and get to church and serve the King!

Tom

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#3276692 - 06/27/13 07:23 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Who are you from God's perspective? #12

A saint defined in the dictionary is this: a person of great holiness, virtue, or benevolence. Read this verse: Ephesians 1:1

1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God,

To the saints who are in Ephesus, and faithful in Christ Jesus:

In the eyes of God, whoever puts their faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior is a Saint! You see it is not by our own works that we become a Saint it is ONLY by the shed blood of Jesus that covers our sins. Thus God does not see our sin anymore but sees Jesus in us! Have you ever thought about being a Saint? Well you are if you are a follower of Jesus! Now go live a life of a Saint!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3279634 - 07/01/13 10:26 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Who are you from God's perspective? #13

Look at how God sees you this morning if you are a believer in Christ:

Colossians 1:14

14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.

God see you first of all as redeemed! What exactly does that mean? Well the dictionary defines it as this: to buy or pay off; clear by payment. Whew! Think about that for a moment. What was paid off for you? You sin and punishment. When Jesus dies on that cross and you accepted his free gift of salvation, God no longer sees you sin! Thank you Jesus!

Second, of all you are forgiven in God's eyes if you have given Jesus your life. According to the dictionary to be forgiven means: to cancel an indebtedness or liability of. We are indebted to God because of the sin that is in our life. We have a liability which is sin. BUT God cancels that debt and liability through what His Son Jesus did on the cross!

God sees you as redeemed and forgiven, isn't that awesome news? Don't let the devil beat you down with guilt or shame, when God forgives it is gone. And as Jesus said "Go and sin no more"!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3279645 - 07/01/13 10:40 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Awesome indeed! Thank you Lord!

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3281296 - 07/03/13 08:09 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: MUP]
preachermantom
12 Point

Who are you from God's perspective? #14

Did you know God sees you as complete! If you are covered by the blood of Jesus you are complete. Chew on that for a few minutes after reading this verse:

Colossians 2:10

10 and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.

The dictionary defines complete like this: having all parts or elements; lacking nothing; whole; entire; full: Now think of that in how God sees you a child of His. Wow! My favorite part of that definition is lacking nothing. When you became a follower of Jesus, you are now lacking nothing in the eyes of God. That is hard to grasp for me because the old devil is always trying to put doubts in my head in my relationship with God and my obedience to Him. But when you are washed in the blood of Jesus you are complete! Praise God!

So today live victoriously because you are complete in the eyes of God, lacking nothing!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3281336 - 07/03/13 08:39 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Thanks for that devotional Tom! Brings to mind the song "Nothing but the Blood of Jesus!"

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3292755 - 07/16/13 09:57 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: MUP]
TN Larry
10 Point

Loc: Baxter, Tennessee

Anybody heard from PMT???? No devotions in nearly two weeks on here or his personal blog.

#3298368 - 07/22/13 08:17 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: TN Larry]
preachermantom
12 Point

Been out of pocket Larry...thx for the concern brother! God bless!

Jesus Christ

#3298370 - 07/22/13 08:18 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Who are you from God's perspective? #15

Sorry for the long break my friends. I have been to Ecuador on a mission trip and then I was back for one day and took the youth from the church to camp for a week. God blessed in many ways but I did miss writing these devotions. So let's return to looking at how God sees us.

What a great verses to return too!

2 Corinthians 1:21-22

21 Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, 22 who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.

We have no hope without Christ...none! Jesus establishes us when we receive Him as Lord of our lives. We are then anointed to serve Him. Wow just think on that for a moment. The word anointed means: to dedicate to the service of God. Are you fulfilling your anointing? The great news does not stop there, We also have been sealed and given the Spirit! When we are sealed we are protected. Here is another verse that tells us when we are genuinely in Christ nothing can remove us. As this verse goes on to say it is a guarantee! Praise God! We are also told we are given the Spirit which lives in our heart as soon as we accept Jesus as Lord! The Spirit is our guide for life! We must listen to His leading in all areas of our life.

So this morning we see that God sees us as established in Christ, anointed to serve, and sealed by God....forever! A great Word from God to start off our Monday!

Tom

Jesus Christ

Page 225 of 255 « First<223224225226227>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
THEdonkey0515, muddyhunter, davey1230, MisquitoNet, strutter rutter
13079 Registered Users
Who's Online
89 registered (Hickman Hunter, rukiddin?, cleatus2506, mossyoakmantn, z7x, Model 1, 14 invisible) and 141 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13079 Members
42 Forums
88058 Topics
1031500 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.253 seconds in which 0.053 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.