Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#3279639 - 07/01/13 10:32 AM Re: The new gun laws are now in effect [Re: gator-n-buck]
scn
14 Point

Loc: Brentwood, TN US

Originally Posted By: gator-n-buck
I'm required to have mine at work..... \:\)

x2

#3279687 - 07/01/13 11:35 AM Re: The new gun laws are now in effect [Re: backstraps]
Deer Assassin
Non-Typical

Loc: Kingston Springs

Originally Posted By: backstraps
From what I have been told, IF it is company policy that no firearms are allowed on company property....then yes you can still be fired is the company so wishes to do so.

ditto

Spending money I dont have

on things I dont need

to impress people I dont know

#3279688 - 07/01/13 11:35 AM Re: The new gun laws are now in effect [Re: scn]
Deer Assassin
Non-Typical

Loc: Kingston Springs

Originally Posted By: scn
 Originally Posted By: gator-n-buck
I'm required to have mine at work..... \:\)

x2
\:D

Spending money I dont have

on things I dont need

to impress people I dont know

#3279764 - 07/01/13 01:14 PM Re: The new gun laws are now in effect [Re: gatodoc]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Loc: TN, Sumner, Hendersonville

Originally Posted By: gatodoc
As long as one doesn't announce they have a gun in their car, how would an employer know?

If you truly needed to use a gun that's in your car, job loss should be the last thing on your mind.

One of the main reason a lot of folks bear arms is safety during auto breakdowns and protection while traveling therefore an imperative need to be able to have guns in cars in parking lots.

A truly adamant caring employer could have a check station in the parking lots where guns could be checked as entering the workplace and returned upon leaving.

A gun locked in a car isn't going to announce itself nor is it going to come to life and exit the car and start trouble. Concealed carry means concealed period. Guns in cars don't give themselves up.

Common sense should apply to individuals as well as employers.

My employer has a no gun policy but what they don't know doesn't hurt them \:\)

My director absolutely hates guns.
She said her dad pulled a gun on her mom when she was young and she has been terrified since.
But since it stays in my center console thye never know.

#3279822 - 07/01/13 02:09 PM Re: The new gun laws are now in effect [Re: Crappie Luck]
Sako
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
 Originally Posted By: Sako
Hopefully one day this will change.... No company should have the right to overrule tha laws of a state.

They are no overruling the laws. They are free to have their own policy. It is THEIR property. If they do not private property rights, then none of us do. That's a door we do NOT want opened. The Govt. should have NO RIGHT ordering people or business what rules they can have in relation to their own, private property.

This new law says it is not a crime. It may, however still be against a companie's policy.

IMO, it's the perfect solution to not infringing on citizen's 2n amendment rights at the same time, no stomping those same folks' private property rights in the process.

Really...??? you must be kidding when you say they are not overruling a state law. Let me explain... By a company not allowing me to have a gun in my vehicle on their property, they are in effect overruling the law that says I can have one in my vehicle. By the company not allowing guns in my personal vehicle on their property, I cannot have one while I am traveling to and from work due to their rule.

#3279825 - 07/01/13 02:13 PM Re: The new gun laws are now in effect [Re: gatodoc]
ffmedic
4 Point

Loc: Tn

Being a former business owner I would be against my employees having guns on MY property. It's my property my rules period. No difference if you come to my house. If I don't want you carrying a weapon or smoking or whatever in MY house then so be it!
#3279827 - 07/01/13 02:20 PM Re: The new gun laws are now in effect [Re: Sako]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
Hopefully one day this will change.... No company should have the right to overrule tha laws of a state.

They are no overruling the laws. They are free to have their own policy. It is THEIR property. If they do not private property rights, then none of us do. That's a door we do NOT want opened. The Govt. should have NO RIGHT ordering people or business what rules they can have in relation to their own, private property.

This new law says it is not a crime. It may, however still be against a companie's policy.

IMO, it's the perfect solution to not infringing on citizen's 2n amendment rights at the same time, no stomping those same folks' private property rights in the process.

Really...??? you must be kidding when you say they are not overruling a state law. Let me explain... By a company not allowing me to have a gun in my vehicle on their property, they are in effect overruling the law that says I can have one in my vehicle. By the company not allowing guns in my personal vehicle on their property, I cannot have one while I am traveling to and from work due to their rule.

I understand and agree with you. But there is also the matter of private property rights. Where does your right to carry a firearm infringe on their right to set rules for their own property?

For example, it's not illegal to smoke. How would you like it if someone came into you home, lit up and when you objected said "It's my right, there is no law against it" and what if the law stated that you could not kick them out of your home for doing it?

I'm not against carry laws. Quite the opposite. But I also recognize the problem with telling people they do not have to respect the rights of businesses to set their own rules of conduct on THEIR property.

See what I'm getting at here?

Ironically, if the business owners lose on this issue, it could open the door to the state telling YOU what guns, knives etc you can have in YOUR own home.

I understand your point, but I also see a slippery slope that could work MUCH against our rights if we "Win" on that issue.

The state did what it could and what it SHOULD. It removed a law that made it illegal to carry on the premises. The state backed out without choosing one side over the other.

The issue of the companies' rules will have to be negotiated or hammered out among the FREE people without the govt. having to force one side over the other.

THIS is Liberty. Any other decision from the state would be tyranny against either the business or the rightful gun owners.

#3279845 - 07/01/13 02:44 PM Re: The new gun laws are now in effect [Re: ffmedic]
W.Seay
14 Point

Loc: Collierville,TN.

Originally Posted By: ffmedic
Being a former business owner I would be against my employees having guns on MY property. It's my property my rules period. No difference if you come to my house. If I don't want you carrying a weapon or smoking or whatever in MY house then so be it!

Yep

#3279846 - 07/01/13 02:45 PM Re: The new gun laws are now in effect [Re: Crappie Luck]
Sako
10 Point

content Online
Privately owned business vs. publicly owned business. I work for a publicly owned - traded company

There also is a difference between a business and a residence..

The whole thing about someone smoking in your house etc... you can ask them to leave... with this issue you can be fired. Also with this issue you are required to be on their property.... the whole smoking or whatever on your residence, someone is not required to be there

#3279852 - 07/01/13 02:47 PM Re: The new gun laws are now in effect [Re: W.Seay]
Sako
10 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: W.Seay
 Originally Posted By: ffmedic

Yep

I hope you never need your firearm for protection... I hope non of your employees are ever Car Jacked and are killed. If they ever are, remember you are the ones who were all for reducing their right to protect themselves

Edited by Sako (07/01/13 02:48 PM)

Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TboneD, sbhockey, ZachA, DocT, Raegan
13202 Registered Users
Who's Online
110 registered (MBG, David Sapp, tn/kyhunter, 7mminatree, WGK, stylishblueticks, 11 invisible) and 156 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13202 Members
42 Forums
91536 Topics
1070061 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.047 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.