Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 8 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3277609 - 06/28/13 09:06 AM let's talk about marriage, shall we......
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Loc: Hatchie Bottoms

Is marriage a Christian ceremony? Most of the people here seem to believe that, or at least that's what I've read...

If this is true, then in the mind of all Christians, all marriages not performed by a Christian (preacher), in a Christian setting like a church is basically wrong......right? So anyone out there that was married by a justice of the peace and in a courthouse and not a church is not really married....right?

If you are of some other faith, not Christian, then even though your marriage was set in a religious setting and performed by a religious figure, it means nothing? Am I right so far?

Basically, Christians have claimed marriage as their own.

The Jews, the Hindu, the Muslim, the atheist, the Mormon(not what I would call Christians,lol).....all of the other people on the planet can not be married because they are not Christians and their marriage did not take place in a church....still right?

let's move on.

It is okay for two atheists to be married and claim their taxes etc. and get all the benefits that a Christian couple get, because they are different sexes? Even though they were likely not married in the traditional Christian marriage ceremony? The reason that I bring up the tax deal is that I have read on here before that some are angry that homosexuals want to claim joint tax returns....which tells me that you want your christian views to influence the federal government's tax system....is that fair?

Shall we demand that all of these marriages be called unions instead? Should two atheists or two Jews not be allowed to be married any longer , but can be joined together by a civil union?

My wife and I were married 24 years ago by a non-religious figure in my in-laws front yard. We have never been happier and have never even thought about divorce or had any marital issues at all. I guess for a non-christian couple that did not honor our marriage by making it a religious ceremony, we have done pretty well. We, also, have done well in honoring the sanctity of our marriage vows, too, with no adultery and no divorce. Something that about 50% of the couples today do not do.

I have a relative of mine that is a devout Christian, even preaches to me when given the chance..lol. She has a house full of kids and goes to church everytime they open the door......she is currently on her fourth husband. I guess she forgot about the sanctity of marriage and what the Bible says about the haste of marriage and divorce as a last straw.....

My parents divorced, both of my siblings divorced....
Many of my friends have been married multiple times, so I am very familiar with both sides of marriage and what unions blessed by the church can really do to a family, so forgive me if I'm not too hip on restrictions on marriages NOT blessed by the chruch. I think anyone should have the right to give it a try.

What about couples that swing? Bi-sexuals that marry the opposite sex, but regularly have sex with their same gender....?

it's okay for them to be married, not honor the sanctity of marriage and not follow the ten commandments, because they chose to marry the opposite sex....? I'm not sure I get that.

What about hermaphrodites or transgenders? Are these human beings not allowed to marry?

Sure, we may not agree with who they are, but does not give us the right to not allow them the same rights as other human beings.

Let's do a quick review of the Ten Commandments.....aka the top ten rules that God wants us to follow......

I don't see anything in there about homosexuality, so I'll skip down to numbers 7 and 10.

Number 7 being... thou shall not commit adultery, and number 10 being...thou shall not covet.

So...in God's list of BAD things, he believes that it is a greater sin to cheat on your spouse or to lust after your neighbor's spouse, than to be a homosexual couple.....Not to say that he agrees with homosexuality, but it's just not on his top ten list. You would think that homosexuality would be in the top ten, but it is not...

Since the divorce rate in this country is hovering around 50% or maybe more, then that tells me that all the heterosexuals out there that have the blessing of the church to be married aren't doing a very good job of it.

So, I think that if the heterosexual couples in this country would get a better grasp on what marriage means and if they will try even harder to keep their marriage vows and keep the sanctity of their marriage intact then they would have far less time to worry about other people and who they fall in love with and want to marry....

Current polls claim that about 3-4% of the nation is gay. I would have no idea if that is correct or not, but for the sake of debate, I'll go with that. If 3-4% of the nation wants the right to marry and we have no statistics to see how these marriages would work out, then why not give them a shot? We already know that 50% of the nation's heterosexual population suck at marriage and the divorces that insue often result in broken homes and devastated children....

Some Christians believe that divorce is wrong and marriage is for life, while others believe that you can divorce but never remarry , while even more believe that you can remarry but only to another believer...and so forth. You see, even Christians can't agree on this whole marriage issue, but yet they want to tell other human beings (children of God)who they can or can not fall in love with and marry...really???

thanks....

Walk away; the battle they are fighting is not with you, but with themselves.

#3277621 - 06/28/13 09:28 AM Re: let's talk about marriage, shall we...... [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

All the Christians, Jews, Atheists and Hinu's you mentioned were male marrying Females.

The muslims you mentioned cuts the heads off of Homosexuals so I'm not sure they'll back you up on this.

What religion you are is irrelevant to the institution of marriage. They each have their own traditions, culture and meaning. Gays do not. Instead, they prefer to hijack the other's and force their acceptance into traditions and culture they had NOTHING to do with in founding. Further reinforcing the suggestion that it's not about lifting themselves up, it's about tearing down what is counter and contrary to their insecure lifestyle.

It's not an agenda of inclusion. It's a militant agenda of destruction.

#3277626 - 06/28/13 09:39 AM Re: let's talk about marriage, shall we...... [Re: Crappie Luck]
Dodge Man
12 Point

Loc: Dyersburg, TN

confused Online
We are one of the very few countries that except the Gay agenda to be out in the open. There are a lot of countries where it is illegal and is punished to be gay.

http://www.talkinfowl.com/

#3277632 - 06/28/13 09:58 AM Re: let's talk about marriage, shall we...... [Re: Dodge Man]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

BH.......

* Wrong is Wrong
* Right is Right

Same sex marriage is Wrong and should NOT be accepted. Now, if they WANT to do their thing, that's their business but expect to Force a nation of citizens that USE to be a nation with morality at the helm into being one that must follow/accept/work with any/all perversions of anyone's choosing - Wrong!

You can talk & debate ALL day long and talk yourself into believing that the Live n Let Live philosophy is Right - but its Wrong as well.

It's OUR duty as American citizens to help prolong this counties existence - not destroy it. The perverted murdering mentality of this nation (today) WILL destroy this country - and because of that Its WRONG.

\:\)

#3277635 - 06/28/13 10:02 AM Re: let's talk about marriage, shall we...... [Re: Kimber45]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

BH - DO you think the sickness will stop here? DO you believe pedophiles will begin a charge following all the success of the gay rights movement journeying into Why we should accept their chosen way of life as well? I do.. Perversion is a cancer and if our nation continues to feed the cancer - as the obummer nation is doing today - the cancer will grow out of control into support of even sicker perversions - that I truly believe.

#3277638 - 06/28/13 10:09 AM Re: let's talk about marriage, shall we...... [Re: Crappie Luck]
Bone Collector
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
All the Christians, Jews, Atheists and Hinu's you mentioned were male marrying Females.

The muslims you mentioned cuts the heads off of Homosexuals so I'm not sure they'll back you up on this.

What religion you are is irrelevant to the institution of marriage. They each have their own traditions, culture and meaning. Gays do not. Instead, they prefer to hijack the other's and force their acceptance into traditions and culture they had NOTHING to do with in founding. Further reinforcing the suggestion that it's not about lifting themselves up, it's about tearing down what is counter and contrary to their insecure lifestyle.

It's not an agenda of inclusion. It's a militant agenda of destruction.

I agree with this all except i tend to view it as a Militant destruction through an agenda of inclusion.

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
General James Mattis

#3277639 - 06/28/13 10:10 AM Re: let's talk about marriage, shall we...... [Re: Dodge Man]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Dodge Man
We are one of the very few countries that except the Gay agenda to be out in the open. There are a lot of countries where it is illegal and is punished to be gay.

Some of this when they were first beginning to come out and this might not be an issue today.

#3277641 - 06/28/13 10:13 AM Re: let's talk about marriage, shall we...... [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Chris Tripp
10 Point

Loc: Brush Creek, TN

I'll ask again.... why has this TROLL not been banned?
#3277642 - 06/28/13 10:14 AM Re: let's talk about marriage, shall we...... [Re: Kimber45]
Meathunter73
6 Point

Loc: waynesboro

Why respond to a post of someone that you will not change. All people that have this view of religion that I know have deep seeded issues with something in their past. You will not change their view of religion until they are truly open minded with their past. They always try to make others unhappy because they are unhappy themselves and do not want to face the problems that are causing their unhappiness.
#3277644 - 06/28/13 10:18 AM Re: let's talk about marriage, shall we...... [Re: Meathunter73]
oakclimber
8 Point

Loc: Shelby Co. Tn

Page 1 of 8 12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
KevinTN, gthorne, bwoodard12, front hillside, DeerBomber
13540 Registered Users
Who's Online
196 registered (medic, Matador, archer19, TNtrapper, SES, BuckHunter511, 20 invisible) and 278 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13540 Members
42 Forums
99241 Topics
1167249 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.047 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.