Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#3277011 - 06/27/13 12:59 PM Deer Killed statistics
MattR
8 Point

Loc: Nashville

Alright, there was a forum asking how many deer you killed,seen, and how many times you went hunting. Here are the stats from it. Also, the sample is pretty low at only 31 people. So the averages are pretty high. This tells me that the poeple that get on this site, ecspecially at this time of year, are not your average hunters. We are hunters that think about hunting enough to get on this site and tell everyone about it. My friends, we are the dedicated ones.Also, this is not exact, it is going by peoples word, no hard data.

* We seen at least 1500 deer, that is an average of about 50 per person in a season. I think that this number is a little low. Not many people keep up with how exactly how many deer they see. But still that is an average of 1-2 deer per hunt

* We went hunting around 1050 times. The average hunter that posted went 34 times in a year, not bad.

* Now the fun stuff, not everyone provided buck/doe info but there were 170 deer killed. That is an average of 5 deer per person. Also there were 48 bucks killed and 84 does out of those that provided the info.

Pretty interesting stuff. Very small group but hey, take it for what its worth.

#3277024 - 06/27/13 01:16 PM Re: Deer Killed statistics [Re: MattR]
Master Chief
10 Point

Loc: Henderson County

Most people joined the forum because they are serious about hunting. Strangely, I have noticed some guys on here avoid the deer related part of the forum.. even the trail camera section. I don't get that but oh well.. sucks for them lol

"It's not whatcha got, it's what you give." -Tesla

"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."
-John Muir

#3277080 - 06/27/13 02:23 PM Re: Deer Killed statistics [Re: Master Chief]
Rockhound
10 Point

Loc: Lawrence Co. TN

Originally Posted By: Master Chief
Most people joined the forum because they are serious about hunting. Strangely, I have noticed some guys on here avoid the deer related part of the forum.. even the trail camera section. I don't get that but oh well.. sucks for them lol

Yep for me its seasonal, while I have turkeys on the mind you will hardly catch me in any of the deer threads, but after season I start drifting that way.
Isaiah 40:31.... Those who wait upon The Lord .....shall renew there strength ......

#3277096 - 06/27/13 02:36 PM Re: Deer Killed statistics [Re: Rockhound]
easy45
Non-Typical

Loc: Chester County

sleepy Online
I didn't participate in the survey because honestly I didn't keep up with how many deer I saw but it wasn't very many, guess I could have put deer killed but I have no clue how many days I hunted but once again it wasn't very many.

#3277142 - 06/27/13 03:32 PM Re: Deer Killed statistics [Re: easy45]
MattR
8 Point

Loc: Nashville

Originally Posted By: easy45
I didn't participate in the survey because honestly I didn't keep up with how many deer I saw but it wasn't very many, guess I could have put deer killed but I have no clue how many days I hunted but once again it wasn't very many.

Of course, \:\) not many people keep count. I think most of it was estimates, I know mine was. I think it is pretty cool because the average hunter I know persoanlly does not hunt any where near the amount that the average hunter on here does. I dont see how it is possible for some of these guys to have that much time in the woods. My wife would kill me and my work would fire me

#3277152 - 06/27/13 03:55 PM Re: Deer Killed statistics [Re: easy45]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Loc: Franklin County

content Online
I sure don't keep up with deer seen all through the season so didn't try to report that number. Even if I did track that info, the number would be a lot different if I reported all deer seen on a hunt vs the deer seen while hunting. What I mean is that I typically jump several deer getting to my spot and may not see any deer while actually hunting.
#3277256 - 06/27/13 05:44 PM Re: Deer Killed statistics [Re: MattR]
knightrider
12 Point

Loc: tn

Originally Posted By: MattR
 Originally Posted By: easy45

Of course, \:\) not many people keep count. I think most of it was estimates, I know mine was. I think it is pretty cool because the average hunter I know persoanlly does not hunt any where near the amount that the average hunter on here does. I dont see how it is possible for some of these guys to have that much time in the woods. My wife would kill me and my work would fire me
I work like a dog from jan to oct excluding turkey season sick or not im at work, and last week of October till season ends I hardly work which I thank GOD for having such a great job!! ohh and I take my wife with me she loves it as good as I do!!!! this is how I get so much time to deer hunt ;\)

#3277364 - 06/27/13 08:40 PM Re: Deer Killed statistics [Re: knightrider]
easy45
Non-Typical

Loc: Chester County

sleepy Online
My wifes hunts with me too but work keeps me out of the woods the majority of the time

#3277379 - 06/27/13 08:56 PM Re: Deer Killed statistics [Re: easy45]
-DRM-
6 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

Will this be tracked this season too? I will gladly record days hunted and deer seen and killed... I tend to be a records nerd anyway, lol.

#3277552 - 06/28/13 06:54 AM Re: Deer Killed statistics [Re: MattR]
10 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: MattR
Alright, there was a forum asking how many deer you killed,seen, and how many times you went hunting. Here are the stats from it. Also, the sample is pretty low at only 31 people. So the averages are pretty high. This tells me that the poeple that get on this site, ecspecially at this time of year, are not your average hunters. We are hunters that think about hunting enough to get on this site and tell everyone about it. My friends, we are the dedicated ones.Also, this is not exact, it is going by peoples word, no hard data.

* We seen at least 1500 deer, that is an average of about 50 per person in a season. I think that this number is a little low. Not many people keep up with how exactly how many deer they see. But still that is an average of 1-2 deer per hunt

* We went hunting around 1050 times. The average hunter that posted went 34 times in a year, not bad.

* Now the fun stuff, not everyone provided buck/doe info but there were 170 deer killed. That is an average of 5 deer per person. Also there were 48 bucks killed and 84 does out of those that provided the info.

Pretty interesting stuff. Very small group but hey, take it for what its worth.

The original question was:
How many deer killed, passed, and days hunted.

I did not answer buck/doe OR how many seen because that was not the question.
SCAPAS.stay calm and pick a spot.

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Kyle Coulahan, Mathews_Killer, jrbookingtn, pb10point, TEXAS
13535 Registered Users
Who's Online
44 registered (Aquaholic, jlmustain, the deerslayer, m_allison71, BamaProud, Droopy, 6 invisible) and 105 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13535 Members
42 Forums
99159 Topics
1166100 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.062 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.