Roost 1
10 Point

Loc: KY

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Kimber45
 Originally Posted By: Bottom Hunter
 Originally Posted By: Kimber45
 Originally Posted By: Bottom Hunter
Solely a religious issue and the need that certain religions have to control others. It's more about power and control than anything else.

JMO

Not for me.. For me its the impending doom of a nation in which morality is becoming a thing of the past.
BH - I've talked to you and based on what I "think" I know you're not an immoral person... Do you really think its ok to let this entire nation become totally without morals? Do you think that will have a negative impact on our grand children and great grand children? I do........

I do not believe that morals should be judged by what you believe but your character as a person and how you treat others. Some people proclaim to be christians but have the morals of a cockroach, imo. I know gays, many are friends of mine that are much better people than many straight people that I know.

I do not believe that allowing gays to marry will change straight people's morals anymore than allowing beer sales will turn everyone into alcoholics.....

I tend to believe that morals are taught at home and not learned from others on the street.

Teach your kids what you want them to believe at home and they will stay the course.

Guns don't kill people, right? Well, imo, drugs don't kill people, alcohol doesn't kill people, and gay people don't turn other people gay.....if someone can convince you or your child to "become gay" then you or your child was on the ledge leaning outward to begin with...

I have an old high school girlfriend that lives in Texas that I stay in contact with. Her daughter came out last year and she called me. Being a strict methodist, he was devastated until she saw the change it made in her daughter.....her daughter finally felt free to be who she was meant to be....and not who other people told her she should be. It made a lot of sense to me. My friend now has a great relationship with her daughter, who by the way is a social worker and volunteers at the local hospital and soup kitchen.

So, if you think that christian's have a monopoly on values, morals and doing the right thing, well, you don't know many gays then...lol.

Thanks Kimber!

\:\)
No I don't believe Christians have a monopoly on morals however I do guess I see Right/Wrong in a different manner than the majority does today.. and is that partly based on Christian values and things I learned growing up in Church - Yes.
Beyond that though, I cant help but believe that I'm on track with what is going on with this nation going down the sewer pipe in regards to making things that were Wrong or Not Ok before, Ok now in a sense that it will demoralize this nation as a whole. At this point we have a woman prepared to run for President who's husband was President and was caught with his pants down in the oval office.... Years ago - they'd have been told to shut up and get out where now, "oh hey, it's cool"... and we should still teach our children to respect what these people say???
And, we now have leadership, who for the betterment of the nation in his views, is fine with girls killing babies from the day of conception via a pill all the way out to half way thru a pregnancy - should we teach our kids to respect his views?
I guess I'm VERY old school but if I were running the show we'd all pay for what we received, we'd all be held accountable for our actions, we'd all work unless we were TRULY disabled, AND, We'd be a Nation Under God and the option would be, if you cant live with those simple rules Get Out of this Country \:\)

I wish more folks felt this way!!!!!

Z7extreme
Savage 10ML 2
Remington 700P .308

#3277464 - 06/27/13 11:32 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Roost 1]
WGK
WILD BILL
12 Point

Loc: loudon

content Online
I had to go to the grocery this evening as I walked in there was a news paper stand with coppies of USA Today. On the front page was a large picture of to men kissing.
I thought how has our country regressed to this. IT JUST MAKES ME SICK. I honestly can't think of a time in my life when our country has reached such a low point.

#3277477 - 06/28/13 12:10 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: WGK]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: WGK
I had to go to the grocery this evening as I walked in there was a news paper stand with coppies of USA Today. On the front page was a large picture of to men kissing.
I thought how has our country regressed to this. IT JUST MAKES ME SICK. I honestly can't think of a time in my life when our country has reached such a low point.

Jan 20, 2009

#3277500 - 06/28/13 04:09 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: TAFKAP]
Paul Burns
TnDeer Old Timer
8 Point

Loc: Westport--- Carroll County Tn

A person either belives and tries to follow what the bible teaches OR not.
You or either for me or against me He said.
A christian person cannot go against the word and still be called a follower of Christ.
A person can change, but to be a follower he must submit to Gods will and do as directed.

We can think and do as WE wish, we are granted that as free moral agents---------But does it follow His will for us.

Re Why I do not support "GAY RIGHTS" Paul

Edited by Paul Burns (06/28/13 04:16 AM)

#3277531 - 06/28/13 06:32 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Paul Burns]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

What kind of water head ASKS the government into their lives???
What kind of double mental midget asks the government into their private personal bedroom lives???

That right there should tell you something about the mental disorder of the gay community.

I and most of America don't really care what someone does in their private bedroom lives as long as it is between consenting Adults and I don't have to know about it, be involved in any way, or pay for it.

Where America has gone off its rocker is believing the LIE that every stupid little issue is a RIGHTS issue and needs the government to be involved.

Nowhere in the Constitution does it say anything about a RIGHT to .... healthcare, marriage, gay marriage, abortion, housing loans, student loans, lifestyle, other peoples money.....

The list is insane and most of it boils down to THEFT. Using government to steal something you didn't earn, don't qualify for, or don't belong to.

Thats my .02 Now I am going to sue the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders for discrimination for excluding an old grumpy white guy from the all girl dressing room. I want equal rights!!
\:D

#3277562 - 06/28/13 07:18 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: fishboy1]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

content Online
Now THAT'S it in a nutshell fb! ;\)

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3277581 - 06/28/13 08:10 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: fishboy1]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
16 Point

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: fishboy1
What kind of double mental midget asks the government into their private personal bedroom lives???

That right there should tell you something about the mental disorder of the gay community.

I and most of America don't really care what someone does in their private bedroom lives as long as it is between consenting Adults and I don't have to know about it, be involved in any way, or pay for it.

Where America has gone off its rocker is believing the LIE that every stupid little issue is a RIGHTS issue and needs the government to be involved.

Nowhere in the Constitution does it say anything about a RIGHT to .... healthcare, marriage, gay marriage, abortion, housing loans, student loans, lifestyle, other peoples money.....

The list is insane and most of it boils down to THEFT. Using government to steal something you didn't earn, don't qualify for, or don't belong to.

Thats my .02 Now I am going to sue the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders for discrimination for excluding an old grumpy white guy from the all girl dressing room. I want equal rights!!

You will win the case, a lot easier, if you claim you are simply a cheerleader in a man's body and no one understands how you feel. You will have instant access and even a gubment grant to pay for your outings.

#3277779 - 06/28/13 12:56 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: BlountArrow]
leader
16 Point

Loc: Knox

content Online
 Originally Posted By: BlountArrow
 Originally Posted By: bowriter
I have thoroughly enjoyed this entire thread. From it, I have learned a great deal about those who posted.

Been thinking the same all day...

X3

#3277786 - 06/28/13 01:03 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

Originally Posted By: Pic IN the Casa
 Originally Posted By: fishboy1

You will win the case, a lot easier, if you claim you are simply a cheerleader in a man's body and no one understands how you feel. You will have instant access and even a gubment grant to pay for your outings.

Why should I have to go to that trouble? I'm being discriminated against!!! Now that everything is a "right", I think I have a right to look at store bought boobies and nobody should be allowed to say anything about it!! Dang racists...uh sexists....uh...mammary haters!!!

\:D \:D

#3278175 - 06/28/13 10:07 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: DBLAARCHERY]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

content Online
 Originally Posted By: DBLAARCHERY
 Originally Posted By: redblood
 Originally Posted By: Hangnail
Is there anything more gay than Facebook?

the answer is NO!!
Come on...Go to my page and tell me thats gay!

Aaron Land or if its too gay look me up on youtube...I will be the one holding the fish \:\)

soon as my boyfriend leaves i will put on my pink snuggy and take a look.

Page 15 of 17 « First<1314151617>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TNDeerHunter270, rmyers@atpro1, ojf, Muwasi, Brad1
13550 Registered Users
Who's Online
175 registered (jar, leader, Hoytem, Matador, Bfields, lightsareout, 15 invisible) and 273 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13550 Members
42 Forums
99330 Topics
1168483 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.046 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.