Tndeer Logo

Page 10 of 17 « First<89101112>Last »
Topic Options
#3277042 - 06/27/13 01:38 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: farmin68]
DirtyBear0311
8 Point

Loc: Milan, TN

Alright folks, here it is. I put this post up initially because I value the opinions of the people on this site. Almost everyone on here generally has the same way of thinking that I do with the exception of this topic. And that is why I posted it so that I could get peoples feedback and re-evaluate what I think. So thank you everyone for responding to me and for the ensuing debate. Sorry if the topic was something that you didnt agree with and you thought it was stupid but none-the-less, it was what I thought and I wanted yalls opinion on it.

Well after reading every last post on here and doing a lot of thinking and a lot of praying I have come up with something. What I realized is that what I think in terms of the rights of people in this country dont mean squat. All that it really boils down to is that I am a Christian first and an American second. I will do my best to do Gods will in everything in life and supporting gays getting married is not His will (I think. I dont presume to know His will). I trust in Gods plan for me and for our country and I now realize that anything against His will is an attack on our country. I found it very interesting and informative about the whole "separation of church and state" thing that yall informed me of and that has also helped to shift my views. In the past ive been leading a life where I tried to keep God and my country separate as far as legal matters go but I now see where I was wrong in thinking that. I wholeheartedly believe that if this nation were to be one that truly acted as though we are of God (which we are) then we all would be so much better off. So [censored] the whole notion of "separation of church and state" and even if it were true, [censored] it anyways.

I know this is a long post and for those still with me, thank you. This is why I love this site and the people on it. Thank all of you for helping to influence me and get me back on the right path. I hope that none of yall think me any less for my original thoughts or treat me any different in the future. If you do well then ohh well I suppose. I wont worry myself too much with it. But either way, thanks again everyone.

Just because it's bad-a** don't mean it's a good idea.

#3277047 - 06/27/13 01:46 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: farmin68]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Good Lord I need my own Island!

I can tell you right now if I get it, Homo's, baby-killers, liberals, worthless, cheaters, unions, drug dealers, thugs of any race, gang bangers, politicians, lawyers, government - will NOT be allowed - That WILL be Law! Race wont matter! I will be in charge and if you don't like that - start swimming

#3277048 - 06/27/13 01:48 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: DirtyBear0311]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Often times football coaches say they promote:
1. God,
2. Family,
3. Football (in that order).

Likewise, this country was founded on principles based on faith, love of country, and family. Gay marriage/ lifestyle directly undermines two of the three, IMO.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3277053 - 06/27/13 01:57 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: stik]
Master Chief
10 Point

Loc: Henderson County

Originally Posted By: stik
it is a non-issue with me. I really don't care and there are much more important matters to be concerned with.

x2

I'm glad they can do what they want..

Just because something is wrong in your eyes doesn't make it wrong. I believe it is wrong, but I'm not the most important person ever like you guys are.

PETA truely thinks hunting is wrong.. should it be outlawed because of what they think?

Stop whining and live life.

Don't go ridin' on that long black train ;\)

#3277060 - 06/27/13 02:05 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Originally Posted By: Bottom Hunter
it seems like many Americans forgot where they live.....the home of the free.

thanks

What country are you living in? Free to what?

Free to form a conservative group without govt. persecution? - No
Free to defend yourself when your head is being beaten against a sidewalk? - NO
Free to send you children to public school without some pervert teaching them how to masturbate someone of the same sex? - NO
Free to serve in the military and be an "Openly Christian" without persecution- NO
Free to choose your own Dr and keep your healthcare - NO
Free to buy a 16 oz softdrink? - NO
Free to admit to using an UN PC term 26 years ago? - NO

I'm not sure what "FREE" you are talking about unless it's a FREE cell phone

#3277061 - 06/27/13 02:07 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Crappie Luck]
pastorbmp
10 Point

Loc: Wartburg,TN

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
 Originally Posted By: Bottom Hunter
it seems like many Americans forgot where they live.....the home of the free.

thanks

What country are you living in? Free to what?

Free to form a conservative group without govt. persecution? - No
Free to defend yourself when your head is being beaten against a sidewalk? - NO
Free to send you children to public school without some pervert teaching them how to masturbate someone of the same sex? - NO
Free to serve in the military and be an "Openly Christian" without persecution- NO
Free to choose your own Dr and keep your healthcare - NO
Free to buy a 16 oz softdrink? - NO
Free to admit to using an UN PC term 26 years ago? - NO

I'm not sure what "FREE" you are talking about unless it's a FREE cell phone

Great Post!!!!! Freedom to liberals is a one way street. We are free to agree with them, but not free to believe, practice and proclaim what we believe.

1Ti 1:15: ...Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

#3277064 - 06/27/13 02:08 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Master Chief]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

The problem is that they, homos, peta, aclu, fill in the liberal blank, DO want to owtlaw what they don't think is right.

I have not read a single post where anyone said we should outlaw homosexuality.

#3277066 - 06/27/13 02:09 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Master Chief]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Loc: TN, Sumner, Hendersonville

My only issue is in some public schools teachers are telling students that they can be curious about their sexuality.
They are pushing that because for years they taught sex education and everything was about a man and a woman.
If they keep it under wraps like the average married couple does good for them.
Most gay and lesbians have rallies and crap and they try to teach the young kids that it's ok to be gay.

My big reason for not wanting to make it legal is it then helps justify kids that's it ok to be gay.
I don't want my kids to go to hell because people are telling them it's ok to be gay, it's accepted.

As far as the PETA thing. They try their hardest to get hunting banned anywhere they can.
They can fight for their beliefs i'm going to fight for mine.

The reason obama got in office again... hundreds of thousands of christians sat back and said we don't need to argue and fight with them... then he got elected again.

If gays didn't make such a big deal about it, it wouldn't be an issue but they rally more than tree huggers used to.

So I fight for my beliefs just like they do.

#3277067 - 06/27/13 02:10 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Loc: TN, Sumner, Hendersonville

Originally Posted By: Pic IN the Casa
The problem is that they, homos, peta, aclu, fill in the liberal blank, DO want to owtlaw what they don't think is right.

I think homosexuals being married and being able to have benefits should be banned but I know it won't happen these days.

#3277072 - 06/27/13 02:16 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: 89cherokeelimited]
preds1
12 Point

Loc: Sumner County

Originally Posted By: 89cherokeelimited
 Originally Posted By: Pic IN the Casa

I think homosexuals being married and being able to have benefits should be banned but I know it won't happen these days.

"WASHINGTON -- The Defense Department said Wednesday it would immediately begin the process that will lead to providing benefits to the spouses of military servicemembers in same-sex marriages.

The announcement follows the Supreme Court ruling striking down part of a law that denied federal benefits to married same-sex couples.

"The Department of Defense intends to make the same benefits available to all military spouses -- regardless of sexual orientation -- as soon as possible," Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said in a prepared statement.

The benefits include medical care, housing allowance and internment at Arlington National Cemetery.

"We'll follow the law of the land and the law of the law has just changed," Army Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said at a Pentagon press briefing.

The Pentagon said it has not yet determined how much the changes will cost taxpayers."

Edited by preds1 (06/27/13 02:22 PM)

http://youtu.be/pqICP295APA

Page 10 of 17 « First<89101112>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
UTRok16, ljhhunt3, perchjerkin, camohunter3, mtd
13273 Registered Users
Who's Online
112 registered (Football Hunter, Tenn.Guy, TENN.BOY, WVBulldog, Vermin93, doubledownranch, 14 invisible) and 147 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13273 Members
42 Forums
93088 Topics
1087883 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.352 seconds in which 0.005 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.