Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#3276432 - 06/26/13 07:51 PM Re: Deer hunting stories [Re: BSK]
deerhunter10
10 Point

Loc: maury county tn

Originally Posted By: BSK
 Originally Posted By: Master Chief
I will never understand why people lie about hunting so much.

One word: "ego"

x2 its just like fishing everyone trys to out do everyone.

#3276628 - 06/27/13 05:05 AM Re: Deer hunting stories [Re: deerhunter10]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Loc: Franklin County

I like the guys who hunt in the same general area that you do who always claim to have seen every buck you shoot many times before and passed on them. In their minds they know every move every single deer in the area makes and they recognize every individual buck instantly. Smart fellas for sure. \:\)
#3276911 - 06/27/13 11:12 AM Re: Deer hunting stories [Re: Hunter 257W]
10 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Yep...EGO!
Even with bow fishing.
Especially when there is money involved.

No matter how honest you are, and how well you obey the law, there are always those who question your success. And abilities.

This is exactly why I am so hesitant to post my or my kids success pics of bow fishing and hunting.

Sure we post a few, but if we post very much the finger pointers come out of the wood work.

So this "story telling" stuff is kind of a double edged sword.

If someone asks how many I killed last season, and I say 14 by bow, 2 by muzzle loader, I immediately get skepticism.

Why would anyone want to kill that many?
How could you legally kill that many?
You must have left some laying in the woods?
ETC!

It goes on and on!

And kill a monster buck. WOW!
The crap REALLY hits the fan then.

And kill several monster bucks...or tell a whopper of a story that IS TRUE!!! Forget it...the liars have already made it impossible to be credible.
You are a POACHER...a trespasser, a violator.

So, my family and friends know. And in the end, that is all that matters.

Liars lie, cheaters cheat, haters HATE!!!

Better to just keep quiet!
SCAPAS.stay calm and pick a spot.

#3277625 - 06/28/13 09:36 AM Re: Deer hunting stories [Re: Hunter 257W]
MattR
8 Point

Loc: Nashville

Originally Posted By: Hunter 257W
I like the guys who hunt in the same general area that you do who always claim to have seen every buck you shoot many times before and passed on them. In their minds they know every move every single deer in the area makes and they recognize every individual buck instantly. Smart fellas for sure. \:\)

Yea those are the best. Had one of my buddies and he would text me about every hour it seemed like, He said "you got one headed your way" I thought well crap he is bound to be right at least a few times. Then when I wouldn't see it, he says "must of went the other way". It was a win-win for him. Then when I killed one he said he let it walk.

#3277802 - 06/28/13 01:46 PM Re: Deer hunting stories [Re: 102]
Master Chief
10 Point

Loc: Henderson County

Originally Posted By: 102
Yep...EGO!
Even with bow fishing.
Especially when there is money involved.

No matter how honest you are, and how well you obey the law, there are always those who question your success. And abilities.

This is exactly why I am so hesitant to post my or my kids success pics of bow fishing and hunting.

Sure we post a few, but if we post very much the finger pointers come out of the wood work.

So this "story telling" stuff is kind of a double edged sword.

If someone asks how many I killed last season, and I say 14 by bow, 2 by muzzle loader, I immediately get skepticism.

Why would anyone want to kill that many?
How could you legally kill that many?
You must have left some laying in the woods?
ETC!

It goes on and on!

And kill a monster buck. WOW!
The crap REALLY hits the fan then.

And kill several monster bucks...or tell a whopper of a story that IS TRUE!!! Forget it...the liars have already made it impossible to be credible.
You are a POACHER...a trespasser, a violator.

So, my family and friends know. And in the end, that is all that matters.

Liars lie, cheaters cheat, haters HATE!!!

Better to just keep quiet!

I know exactly what you mean. I never have killed much, but I have some big deer on trail camera. I've had a few guys call me a lier and say the pics weren't mine.

Which reminds me, anyone else know the deer expert that simply isn't a deer expert? I've had one on camera for three years (starting with his 2.5 summer pics) Last year I showed it to a guy that does kill big bucks, but he made every negative comment he could. "That deer can't be but about 2.5" "he'll lose a good inch of mass when the velvet sheds" "he'll be a good one next year"

That buck was 4.5 and 135-140

I showed him my 3.5 150+ "dang, that one must be 6.5 years old!"

Those people really grind my gears lol

Don't go ridin' on that long black train ;\)

#3277886 - 06/28/13 03:21 PM Re: Deer hunting stories [Re: Master Chief]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

102, I learned last season to forget about those jealous type who like to pick on you for various things because you killed more deer than they did, or whatever it may be that they didn't like. I still will post what I kill here because there are a few who enjoy to see the pics and read the stories. I'd like to see you post more of your success here, and dont worry about those who try to tear you down. 14 deer with a bow is something I would not hide!

#3277899 - 06/28/13 03:40 PM Re: Deer hunting stories [Re: catman529]
MattR
8 Point

Loc: Nashville

Bingo catman! Some people are sore losers and they get mad because they didn't kill as many deer as you and that is like beating them in a game of cards,'YOU CHEATED'they say! I like hearing about peoples success. There are always going to be a select few jack A$$'s that want to ruin everyones fun. Don't let em stop you from giving reports.

Edited by MattR (06/28/13 03:41 PM)

#3277995 - 06/28/13 05:46 PM Re: Deer hunting stories [Re: catman529]
10 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: catman529
102, I learned last season to forget about those jealous type who like to pick on you for various things because you killed more deer than they did, or whatever it may be that they didn't like. I still will post what I kill here because there are a few who enjoy to see the pics and read the stories. I'd like to see you post more of your success here, and dont worry about those who try to tear you down. 14 deer with a bow is something I would not hide!

Thanks Cat,
Truth is, it gets old after a while. I just get tired of hearing the negativity and for WHAT??? So I can thump my chest or try to share with others some of my experiences?

From time to time I will, but it is very hard to share without sounding like you are bragging or a know it all. Even if you do know a lot (mainly because you are old)
SCAPAS.stay calm and pick a spot.

#3278026 - 06/28/13 06:30 PM Re: Deer hunting stories [Re: 102]
Master Chief
10 Point

Loc: Henderson County

Originally Posted By: 102
 Originally Posted By: catman529
From time to time I will, but it is very hard to share without sounding like you are bragging or a know it all. Even if you do know a lot (mainly because you are old)

Sharing and bragging are two different things. Both are a part of hunting. Biggest thing to learn is to ignore the "haters"

Don't go ridin' on that long black train ;\)

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TieCampBuckSlayer, ChuckNorris, Breesor1, Hunter111, THEdonkey0515
13083 Registered Users
Who's Online
85 registered (TN Larry, soshock1, booth, Poser, tasaman, Bone Collector, 12 invisible) and 129 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13083 Members
42 Forums
88209 Topics
1033333 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.227 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.