Topic Options
#3276806 - 06/27/13 09:24 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: Pic IN the Casa
THE WHOLE WORLD IS LAUGHING

That part doesn't bother me AT ALL.... Sadly most of the other countries were already as sick and perverted as ours is becoming. What bothers me is that when this thing Began, our government and leadership and citizens worked together - for the most part, to develop a system of maintaining a sense of morality so everyone kept their heads screwed on straight before they became productive citizens. Now, we are raising hell-hounds on purpose

#3276809 - 06/27/13 09:27 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Bottom Hunter
 Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
 Originally Posted By: laserman
What happened the Christian motto " to forgive"?

Forgive? You're not asking us to forgive. You are asking us to change our views, reject that it's sin in the first place and the celebrate their choices.

Stone them? Seriously? We're have an adult conversation with opposing views on a matter and since we don't agree that un-defining Marriage" to mean ANYTHING a person wants, you suggest we line up and STONE them?

That's the ridiculous type demagoguing of issues that ends serious debate.

"If you don't agree with me then you eat babies and run over grandmas"

No one is asking you to change your view. All they want is for you to allow them to live their life as they see fit. Why do people think that others need THEIR APPROVAL to live their own life..?

I do not understand the selfish concept....?

Because WE are ALL responsible for a part of the direction of this country and if WE allow it to be operated totally without morality - it is doomed (including again, our grand-children, our great grand children etc..)

#3276814 - 06/27/13 09:30 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: DirtyBear0311]
Dodge Man
12 Point

Loc: Dyersburg, TN

Originally Posted By: DirtyBear0311
In my opinion it will stop with allowing gay equal rights. There is no one clambering for anything else like this that could possibly even try to make an argument for anything beyond that. And as I just said, only humans have rights under law and everything else is illegal for more than religious views.

What about polygamy? You don't think that could ever come to the same kind of argument? I don't see how this just stops with gays once 1 thing is excepted then whats stopping for everybody else to want rights they consider expectable?

http://www.talkinfowl.com/

#3276816 - 06/27/13 09:35 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Kimber45]
preds1
12 Point

Loc: Sumner County

DOMA did just that, it defended the traditional marraige.
Some choose to see it as attacking or belittling alternative lifestyles. It did not.

Similar to the boy scout deal, nothing is safe from the liberal agenda anymore.

http://youtu.be/pqICP295APA

#3276827 - 06/27/13 09:43 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Crappie Luck]
WestTn Huntin'man
16 Point

Loc: Benton Co.

Leviticus 18:22 - Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination.

1 Corinthians 6:9

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind

Matthew 24:10-20

And then many will fall away and betray one another and hate one another. And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. But the one who endures to the end will be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come

ONE NATION UNDER GOD

Shouldn't this thread be in the political or religious forum ??
Proverbs 3:27 Whenever you possibly can, do good to those who need it

#3276838 - 06/27/13 09:48 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Kimber45]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Loc: Hatchie Bottoms

Originally Posted By: Kimber45
Solely a religious issue and the need that certain religions have to control others. It's more about power and control than anything else.

JMO

Not for me.. For me its the impending doom of a nation in which morality is becoming a thing of the past.
BH - I've talked to you and based on what I "think" I know you're not an immoral person... Do you really think its ok to let this entire nation become totally without morals? Do you think that will have a negative impact on our grand children and great grand children? I do........

I do not believe that morals should be judged by what you believe but your character as a person and how you treat others. Some people proclaim to be christians but have the morals of a cockroach, imo. I know gays, many are friends of mine that are much better people than many straight people that I know.

I do not believe that allowing gays to marry will change straight people's morals anymore than allowing beer sales will turn everyone into alcoholics.....

I tend to believe that morals are taught at home and not learned from others on the street.

Teach your kids what you want them to believe at home and they will stay the course.

Guns don't kill people, right? Well, imo, drugs don't kill people, alcohol doesn't kill people, and gay people don't turn other people gay.....if someone can convince you or your child to "become gay" then you or your child was on the ledge leaning outward to begin with...

I have an old high school girlfriend that lives in Texas that I stay in contact with. Her daughter came out last year and she called me. Being a strict methodist, he was devastated until she saw the change it made in her daughter.....her daughter finally felt free to be who she was meant to be....and not who other people told her she should be. It made a lot of sense to me. My friend now has a great relationship with her daughter, who by the way is a social worker and volunteers at the local hospital and soup kitchen.

So, if you think that christian's have a monopoly on values, morals and doing the right thing, well, you don't know many gays then...lol.

Thanks Kimber!

Walk away; the battle they are fighting is not with you, but with themselves.

#3276849 - 06/27/13 10:05 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: pastorbmp]
encore06
16 Point

Loc: Harrogate, TN

Originally Posted By: pastorbmp
If we let them get married, then they are gonna want the right to vote, right to legal counsel, even the right to peruse happiness. I bet it's them buying up all the 22 ammo. I thought all sins were equal. Maybe we should just stone them. I'll get in line behind the first sinless one on here. What happened the Christian motto " to forgive"?

I cannot believe we are even having this debate in our society. Homosexual marriage is against nature, it is against 6000+ years of human history, it is against the conscience of man, it is against every major religion in the world and it is against the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ, and yet those who are opposed are labeled as unforgiving???????? What does forgiveness have to do with it?

We can love people, try to help them and tell them the truth WITHOUT agreeing with them about things that they are wrong about. So if someone says green is red - I should forgive them and agree that green is red or I am not a Christian or somehow I am a hypocrite??? Right is right and wrong is wrong - no matter who does it. Still, I love them and pray for them and desire to help them no matter what. I have ministered to many people who are or have been involved in the homosexual lifestyle. I let them know up front, I want to help, I'll do anything to help you I can - but you must know that what you are doing is wrong. Same goes for anyone else involved in unconfessed sin.
excellent response

Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

#3276858 - 06/27/13 10:12 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Kimber45
Solely a religious issue and the need that certain religions have to control others. It's more about power and control than anything else.

JMO

Not for me.. For me its the impending doom of a nation in which morality is becoming a thing of the past.
BH - I've talked to you and based on what I "think" I know you're not an immoral person... Do you really think its ok to let this entire nation become totally without morals? Do you think that will have a negative impact on our grand children and great grand children? I do........

I do not believe that morals should be judged by what you believe but your character as a person and how you treat others. Some people proclaim to be christians but have the morals of a cockroach, imo. I know gays, many are friends of mine that are much better people than many straight people that I know.

I do not believe that allowing gays to marry will change straight people's morals anymore than allowing beer sales will turn everyone into alcoholics.....

I tend to believe that morals are taught at home and not learned from others on the street.

Teach your kids what you want them to believe at home and they will stay the course.

Guns don't kill people, right? Well, imo, drugs don't kill people, alcohol doesn't kill people, and gay people don't turn other people gay.....if someone can convince you or your child to "become gay" then you or your child was on the ledge leaning outward to begin with...

I have an old high school girlfriend that lives in Texas that I stay in contact with. Her daughter came out last year and she called me. Being a strict methodist, he was devastated until she saw the change it made in her daughter.....her daughter finally felt free to be who she was meant to be....and not who other people told her she should be. It made a lot of sense to me. My friend now has a great relationship with her daughter, who by the way is a social worker and volunteers at the local hospital and soup kitchen.

So, if you think that christian's have a monopoly on values, morals and doing the right thing, well, you don't know many gays then...lol.

Thanks Kimber!

\:\)
No I don't believe Christians have a monopoly on morals however I do guess I see Right/Wrong in a different manner than the majority does today.. and is that partly based on Christian values and things I learned growing up in Church - Yes.
Beyond that though, I cant help but believe that I'm on track with what is going on with this nation going down the sewer pipe in regards to making things that were Wrong or Not Ok before, Ok now in a sense that it will demoralize this nation as a whole. At this point we have a woman prepared to run for President who's husband was President and was caught with his pants down in the oval office.... Years ago - they'd have been told to shut up and get out where now, "oh hey, it's cool"... and we should still teach our children to respect what these people say???
And, we now have leadership, who for the betterment of the nation in his views, is fine with girls killing babies from the day of conception via a pill all the way out to half way thru a pregnancy - should we teach our kids to respect his views?
I guess I'm VERY old school but if I were running the show we'd all pay for what we received, we'd all be held accountable for our actions, we'd all work unless we were TRULY disabled, AND, We'd be a Nation Under God and the option would be, if you cant live with those simple rules Get Out of this Country \:\)

#3276859 - 06/27/13 10:12 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
What happened the Christian motto " to forgive"?

Forgive? You're not asking us to forgive. You are asking us to change our views, reject that it's sin in the first place and the celebrate their choices.

Stone them? Seriously? We're have an adult conversation with opposing views on a matter and since we don't agree that un-defining Marriage" to mean ANYTHING a person wants, you suggest we line up and STONE them?

That's the ridiculous type demagoguing of issues that ends serious debate.

"If you don't agree with me then you eat babies and run over grandmas"

No one is asking you to change your view. All they want is for you to allow them to live their life as they see fit. Why do people think that others need THEIR APPROVAL to live their own life..?

Are you that naive???? They've gone WAY beyond ASking us to change our view. They are FORCING it on us and especially on our children.

#3276861 - 06/27/13 10:13 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Who's stopping them? Was there some legislation that I'm not aware of that forbid them from living their lives as they see fit?

What does that have to do with Gay Marriage and the agenda of chaos that goes with it?

Did you read the list of consequences that Massachusetts is experiencing from their multicultural gay marriage experiment?

If there is one group that is not allowed to "live as they see fit", it's anyone who does not support he Gay agenda.

Just as the Cake bakery who refused to make a cake for a gay wedding.

What about this guy http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/army-soldier-disciplined-for-serving-chick-fil-a-at-promotion-party

There is NO END to the hypocrisy on gay "rights". If you don't support them, they'll sue you, ruin your career, shout you down and deny you your rights.

Page 7 of 17 « First<56789>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
purrpplee, tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85
13112 Registered Users
Who's Online
98 registered (Rob R., Sting, Wrangler95, 7mm08, easy45, David Sapp, 14 invisible) and 111 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13112 Members
42 Forums
89379 Topics
1045390 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.255 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.