Page 5 of 17 « First<34567>Last »
Topic Options
#3276746 - 06/27/13 08:16 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Hangnail]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Hangnail
Are there gay rednecks? I'm wondering what that'd look like. Pastel wifebeaters maybe?

A friend told me that back in the line dancing days of late 80s/early 90's country music, there was a gay bar in Nashville with a parking lot generally full of semi trucks and 4x4s and dance floor full of cowboy hats and starched jeans line dancing and 2 stepping.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3276751 - 06/27/13 08:20 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Bottom Hunter]
laserman
6 Point

Loc: signal mt tennessee

If we let them get married, then they are gonna want the right to vote, right to legal counsel, even the right to peruse happiness. I bet it's them buying up all the 22 ammo. I thought all sins were equal. Maybe we should just stone them. I'll get in line behind the first sinless one on here. What happened the Christian motto " to forgive"?

#3276760 - 06/27/13 08:25 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Crappie Luck]
pastorbmp
12 Point

Loc: Wartburg,TN

I think you are mistaken on your views of separation of church and state. There is nothing in the constitution which states that. That phrase was taken from the writings of Thomas Jefferson and it was twisted and perverted from it's original meaning by liberals. The "wall of separation" which Jefferson spoke of was a "ONE WAY WALL". That is, the government could not interfere with the religious practices of a church or individual, but Christians, churches and other religions could certainly get involved in the government, petition the government and express their religious beliefs openly without fear of retribution from the government. Like it or not, our nation was founded on Christian values and principles. That does not mean everybody who was involved in its founding was a christian or that the government is going to force everyone to be a christian, but that is how it was founded. Read the founding documents, they are replete with references to this fact. Read the writings of the founding fathers - there can be no doubt of the foundation of this nation on christian principles. But, 5 men/women in black robes have decided that is not how they wanted it, and they have chipped away at those principles for the last 50+ years, until America resembles nothing of what it once was. This was not done by the rule of law, but by a judiciary that has far overstepped it's boundaries. However, there is no recourse accept election of a president who will put constitutionalists on the court.

Edited by pastorbmp (06/27/13 08:38 AM)

1Ti 1:15: ...Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

#3276764 - 06/27/13 08:31 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: DirtyBear0311]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: DirtyBear0311

I think that "marriage" is a religious matter and that it is different from a civil union. I think the government should not give out marriage certificates but rather "union certificates". After the legal paperwork is done, a heterosexual couple can have their ceremony as a wedding and have it done by a certified spiritual individual while a homosexual couple can have whatever ceremony they want outside of a "marriage" ceremony. That way the gays can have equal rights according to law yet everyone else can still be married before the eyes of God. Either way it all boils down to equal rights regardless of your stupid, sinful, and wrong beliefs.

We tried that as a compromise. Civil unions with all the 'rights' of a marriage were not good enough for the gay community. They want the "rights' associated with marriage as well as the "right' to undermine the religion associated with marriage. They want to defile the Christian culture this nation was founded on. They want the Church to accept, condone, and officiate their "weddings". The bells at the National Cathedral were ringing in celebration of yesterday's decision.

Homosexuality was in the not so distant past both illegal and considered a mental illness. We have de-criminalized it, de-
stigmatized it, allowed civil unions, allowed marriage in some states and this is still not good enough.

Please explain to me how voters in one state can legalize gay marriage and it's the law of the land. However, voters in California have twice limited marriage to one man and one woman and this is essentially overturned by the SCOTUS on the excuse of states' rights?

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3276766 - 06/27/13 08:32 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: laserman]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Originally Posted By: laserman
What happened the Christian motto " to forgive"?

Forgive? You're not asking us to forgive. You are asking us to change our views, reject that it's sin in the first place and the celebrate their choices.

Stone them? Seriously? We're have an adult conversation with opposing views on a matter and since we don't agree that un-defining Marriage" to mean ANYTHING a person wants, you suggest we line up and STONE them?

That's the ridiculous type demagoguing of issues that ends serious debate.

"If you don't agree with me then you eat babies and run over grandmas"

#3276767 - 06/27/13 08:35 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: laserman]
pastorbmp
12 Point

Loc: Wartburg,TN

Originally Posted By: laserman
If we let them get married, then they are gonna want the right to vote, right to legal counsel, even the right to peruse happiness. I bet it's them buying up all the 22 ammo. I thought all sins were equal. Maybe we should just stone them. I'll get in line behind the first sinless one on here. What happened the Christian motto " to forgive"?

I cannot believe we are even having this debate in our society. Homosexual marriage is against nature, it is against 6000+ years of human history, it is against the conscience of man, it is against every major religion in the world and it is against the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ, and yet those who are opposed are labeled as unforgiving???????? What does forgiveness have to do with it?

We can love people, try to help them and tell them the truth WITHOUT agreeing with them about things that they are wrong about. So if someone says green is red - I should forgive them and agree that green is red or I am not a Christian or somehow I am a hypocrite??? Right is right and wrong is wrong - no matter who does it. Still, I love them and pray for them and desire to help them no matter what. I have ministered to many people who are or have been involved in the homosexual lifestyle. I let them know up front, I want to help, I'll do anything to help you I can - but you must know that what you are doing is wrong. Same goes for anyone else involved in unconfessed sin.

Edited by pastorbmp (06/27/13 08:36 AM)

1Ti 1:15: ...Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

#3276771 - 06/27/13 08:45 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Rebel]
BlountArrow
10 Point

Loc: SouthEast Tenn

Where's beachguy with his "hippo eating popcorn" picture?

#3276776 - 06/27/13 08:51 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: pastorbmp]
laserman
6 Point

Loc: signal mt tennessee

Crappie, could you not get from the 22 ammo and stoning in the post that it was humor. As for adult conversation, what part about marring animals posted earlier made any more sense. Please tell me what my opinion should be so I can start believing it.

#3276780 - 06/27/13 09:00 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: laserman]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

I don't know what a Marring animal is and I don't care what your opinion should be.

LOL about what your opinion should be. IN true fascists form, you ridicule and insult everyone who doesn't share your celebration of sodomy and then play the victim and ask what your opinion should be?

Hilarious!!

#3276781 - 06/27/13 09:00 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: Bottom Hunter
"Human" rights should be equal......let God sort it out when the time comes.

Man has always felt the need to control everything around him, but I guess he came about it naturally.

good luck with this.....as for me, I am not gay and can not see how gay rights will affect me....

thanks

BH - Where "I" am worried about the effects is with children. IMO, Abortion where not medically needed is WRONG - it's Murder, yet now society is teaching our children it is RIGHT. IMO, Homosexuality is WRONG - it's a sick acquired taste, much like a drug addiction so once it becomes socially acceptable our children, grand children, great grand children will be SO exposed to this SICKNESS that in our society it will be perfectly fine and become a more widespread sickness than it is now.

IMO, live and let live philosophy - running along with no control in terms of morality, no guide lines on morality will destroy this fast becoming sick/evil nation \:\(

Page 5 of 17 « First<34567>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bmobrady3, bmo3, chrislee, Patriot123, DT33
13565 Registered Users
Who's Online
43 registered (levergunner, monsterbuck07, DBLAARCHERY, swoods72, TeamMainStreet, M.Simp, 2 invisible) and 125 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13565 Members
43 Forums
99607 Topics
1171891 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.045 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.