Tndeer Logo

Page 17 of 17 « First<1314151617
Topic Options
#3279250 - 06/30/13 07:44 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: fishboy1]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: fishboy1
I still find it funny that "constitutionalists" think "equal rights" means asking the government to codify every detail of their lives into law as a "right".

That is NOT what the Constitution is for or about.

Its about NOT NEEDING the governments PERMISSION to marry in the first place. Its NONE OF THE GOVERNMENTS BUSINESS, especially the FEDERAL government.

Bingo!

#3279283 - 06/30/13 08:44 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
DirtyBear0311
8 Point

Loc: Milan, TN

content Online
I wonder if people keep coming to this topic to contest my original posting or if its to just get how they feel off their chest. Reason I wonder out loud is because since I have changed my stance on it all, I'm a little embarrassed to have the origins of this thing be under my name. To be honest, I keep hoping that this whole dang thread will die off but it seems like it ain't. Granted, I just helped keep it going but still. Either way, I'm glad I posted it since it forced me to do some soulful thinking and serious praying on it and come to a drastically different take on it all than when I started out. Just wanted to get that off my chest.

Just because it's bad-a** don't mean it's a good idea.

#3279284 - 06/30/13 08:44 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Jon
TnDeer Old Timer
8 Point

Loc: Warren co.

It is not natural, bottom line for me.
#3279296 - 06/30/13 09:00 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Crappie Luck]
Ckirk4bama
4 Point

Loc: Chattanooga tn

I watched ESPN this morning, they where talking about gays. What does gay marriage have to be with me wanting to know hats going on with my favorite sports team? Why can't I watch the news without liberal media showing how proud they are by showing two men kissing or interviewing two men talking about how they are proud to be gay and how they want "equal rights". I got married last October and guess what? I didn't get any media attention or interviews on major news stations, heck I didn't even get a small clip of me kissig my wide on the local news. Where are our rights as a straight couple? This stuff is a joke! They can live together, sleep together, and be on each others insurance; what else do you want a title? That's why I have to get it crammed down my throat how great homosexuals are? I always hear " let the sinless man cast the first stone." Read a little more than that in the Bible and you will find that we are to strive to be as Christ-like as possible, I sin EVERY day but I also ask God to forgive those sins and try my best not to continue to commit those same sin every day. No one is perfect the difference is wether or not you embrace your sin or recognize it and try and fix it.

#3279318 - 06/30/13 09:24 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Ckirk4bama]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Ckirk4bama
I got married last October and guess what? I didn't get any media attention or interviews on major news stations, heck I didn't even get a small clip of me kissig my wide on the local news.

Man, that is one seriously unfortunate typo. \:D

#3279461 - 07/01/13 06:23 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Ckirk4bama]
Outdoor Enthusiast
6 Point

Loc: Carthage, TN

content Online
I watched ESPN this morning, they where talking about gays. What does gay marriage have to be with me wanting to know hats going on with my favorite sports team?

I saw the same thing. I immediately turned it off.

Afterwards, I started thinking about the fact that ESPN chose to air the story and interviews about homosexuals on Sunday morning. I saw it as a direct and purposeful attack on Christianity.

#3279468 - 07/01/13 06:42 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Outdoor Enthusiast]
Hangnail
12 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

What the heck are the gay people going to do for attention once their lifestyle is considered mainstream by the media?

Ckirkforbama, you better hope your "wide" doesn't read that typo.

The whole gay thing and sports confuses me. There are men's and women's locker rooms so there isn't any funny business going on. I'm inclined to think the same thought went into men's and women's bathrooms. Can anyone explain why it's okay for gay men and straight men to use the same locker room? There is sexual attraction between men and women, but not gay men and men? If anyone thinks that gay men aren't attracted to other men, gay or not, they're lying to themselves and everyone else. The same thing can be said for men in the women's locker room. Not all of the women would be attractive to a guy, but there would likely be some at least some unwanted attention at the very least.

Edited by Hangnail (07/01/13 06:51 AM)

#3279479 - 07/01/13 07:03 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Hangnail]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

WHY IS IT ON ESPN?

Because ESPN is just another liberal outlet. 99% of sports reporters are huge libs too. They just happen to work sports instead of politics, etc...

The funny thing is by ESPN airing these stories their plan is to sway the opinions of all those 'MANLY' football fans. AND IT IS WORKING. The more fagism is crammed in our face the more normal it is becoming.

The irony is that we can all post how disgusted we are with ESPN but come the first Saturday in September we'll ALL forget about our morals and tune in for some football.

#3279506 - 07/01/13 07:48 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Hangnail
12 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

If every tv station, retail outlet and restaurant was boycotted due to their support of gays, there'd be nowhere left to shop or skip cooking at home, except for Chick-fil-a, and they aren't open on Sunday. It is what it is, and people are going to do what they do.

As far as ESPN goes, I can't remember the last time I watched Sportscenter. All the schtick gets so old, so fast. I don't care what a group of reporters/writers have to say about anything. I watch what is interesting and that's about it. I've been watching several of the SEC football replays this past month on CSS. Yes, I'm ready for some new games.

#3280127 - 07/01/13 08:31 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: AndyW]
Ckirk4bama
4 Point

Loc: Chattanooga tn

Originally Posted By: AndyW
I got married last October and guess what? I didn't get any media attention or interviews on major news stations, heck I didn't even get a small clip of me kissig my wide on the local news.

Man, that is one seriously unfortunate typo. \:D

I just literally laughed out loud! She would be all kinds of pissed about that! I make 99.9 percent of my post from my phone being as I work out of town. However, in her defense she is far from wide.

Page 17 of 17 « First<1314151617

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TboneD, sbhockey, ZachA, DocT, Raegan
13202 Registered Users
Who's Online
101 registered (infoman jr., Tennessee Lead, THEdonkey0515, SudberrySlayer13, leader, TN Larry, 10 invisible) and 120 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13202 Members
42 Forums
91495 Topics
1069647 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.044 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.