Tndeer Logo

Page 16 of 17 « First<1314151617>
Topic Options
#3278209 - 06/28/13 11:04 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: EastTNHunter]
Locksley
16 Point

Loc: Antioch TN

Originally Posted By: EastTNHunter
What about the fact that there are several religions who are sitting and waiting on this to go down to take up the polygamy cause now?

What about the "gender confusion" argument that people are raising in sports (and other functions) that state that a person wanting to compete in sports should be able to compete in whatever gender affiliation of sports that they choose, male or female?

What about the sudden "gender rights" that occur now in hiring practices for religious or non-profit organizations who are farced to hire and recognize this lifestyle as legitimate? This also spills over into the private sector, in general, where hiring a flamboyant gay person in many jobs can have a strongly negative impact on business, but we cannot discriminate based on gender.

These, and the ever-growing benefits issues that are brought up that will cost our government and services companies billions in expenses, which will be passed along to the consumer (read: "me and you") make this a financial mess that has no end. The legitimate family unit uses insurance and other benefits out of necessity, and no other "couple" or "union" that falls outside of this should have access to these.

And to compare a legitimate marriage with a health constraint to a lifestyle that is not natural and cannot produce is shameful, at best.

I see the weird liberal group defend the homosexuals with every twisted logic they can come up with . Yet if I express any belief in GOD I am banned from most websites just because I say GOD was against gay rights . Just look at this twisted political correct nonsense I see unchallenged on Facebook and other media sites around.

QUOTE Rich Lowry predictably attacked Justice Kennedy over yesterday's gay marriage ruling, calling him him out for his contempt of opponents of same-sex marriage . I couldn't resist posting the following comment:

"For someone so often claiming to be a strict Constitutionalist, Lowry's Constitutional flexibility amazes me.

We are governed by the Constitution. The Constitution is Man's law, not God's. There is no enumerated federal power concerning marriage in the Constitution, and the Tenth Amendment leaves all unenumerated powers to the states or the people. So any federal law or regulation about marriage is clearly unconstitutional.

On the other hand, the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments guarantee equality under the law, the Supremacy Clause trumps all state laws, and all state officials swear to uphold the Constitution. Therefore all state laws forbidding equal protection, like same-sex marriage, are unconstitutional.

Thus the arguments Lowry, Scalia, Bachmann et al make about marriage are entirely beside the point. That is probably why they make them, the Constitution clearly not supporting their position. They should be ashamed of themselves--if they have any shame." Republicans are now insisting the fight against gay marriage will simply move to the states. But while doing so will be politically useful, it will be as hopeless a cause as DOMA as long as the states and their legislators are bound by the Constitution and the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments guarantee equal protection under the law. All in all, the gay marriage meme is a good illustration of how the Right lies to and manipulates its followers as a means of gaining their support for its economic goals. Think about all the teachers who could be hired with the money the Republicans will spend this way.https://www.facebook.com/andrew.reinbach

Edited by Locksley (06/28/13 11:12 PM)

#3278326 - 06/29/13 08:40 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Brisco Darlin]
eweisner
8 Point

Loc: Portland, TN

This whole conversation is a perfect example of what is being talked about. The views and beliefs of a few are causing the rest of us to get our tails tied in a knot.

http://confessionsofanovicebowhunter.wordpress.com

#3278424 - 06/29/13 11:55 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Crappie Luck]
REM7
10 Point

Loc: GRUNDY COUNTY

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
It's not about gay rights. It's all abut tearing down Christian and western culture.
They don't want what you have. They just don't want you to have it at all.

That illustration sums it all up. My dad and I spoke on a few topics including thise one. He said in the 60s there was queers but mostly behind closed doors. Also back then there was no chance a black muslim would be leader of the free world or that we would ever be invaded or attacked again. He said that all went to hell in a hand basket. Queers can marry, Obama is prez and foreigners are moving in by the millions and even killing our own people and the Govt are taxing and taking away our rights daily. He said death is nothing he fears anymore cause he already lives in a earthly HELL!

#3278485 - 06/29/13 01:38 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: BSK]
BigM
6 Point

Loc: Arlington, Tennessee

Originally Posted By: BSK
 Originally Posted By: stik
it is a non-issue with me. I really don't care and there are much more important matters to be concerned with.

Well said.

As a Constitutionalist, I support equal rights for all.

Yes to all of this...you win the Internet.

#3278783 - 06/29/13 10:03 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: BigM]
Locksley
16 Point

Loc: Antioch TN

Originally Posted By: BigM
 Originally Posted By: BSK
 Originally Posted By: stik
it is a non-issue with me. I really don't care and there are much more important matters to be concerned with.

Well said.

As a Constitutionalist, I support equal rights for all.

Yes to all of this...you win the Internet.

They want all the rights not equal rights .

#3278805 - 06/29/13 10:52 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: DirtyBear0311]
Tracker
6 Point

Loc: South Fulton,TN. USA

Gay marriage is WRONG!!!! Two men cant make a baby from each others Butthole!!!!!!! Two women cant make a baby from each others vagina!!!!!!! Therefore gay marriage is an abomination against God!!!!!!!

#3278825 - 06/30/13 12:50 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: DirtyBear0311]
Snake
18 Point

Loc: McMinn Co.Tennessee U.S.

Originally Posted By: DirtyBear0311
I sit here and write this knowing that ill probably take a lot of flak for this but here it goes anyway. Ill start by saying that I am an ardent conservative and a very strong christian who has an amazing relationship with Christ. With that being said, I also consider myself a patriot who fought for the rights of the people of this great country. And here is where things take a turn from the normal. I believe in equal rights for ALL citizens of America. I dont agree with the gay life-style at all. In fact, my sister struggles with it and it absolutely kills me inside. However, I also dont agree with liberals, hippies, muslims, etc yet I still respect the fact that they have all the rights that I do. I also recognize that the US has a separation of church and state (whether I think it's for the best or not is another matter) and being as it is law, I will respect it. I dont pick and choose which laws I follow and as such, I will follow them all (as long as they are constitutional). So with the separation of church and state, I thing that gay couples who are legally together in a union should have every right that my wife and I enjoy. As to what I think should be done. I think that "marriage" is a religious matter and that it is different from a civil union. I think the government should not give out marriage certificates but rather "union certificates". After the legal paperwork is done, a heterosexual couple can have their ceremony as a wedding and have it done by a certified spiritual individual while a homosexual couple can have whatever ceremony they want outside of a "marriage" ceremony. That way the gays can have equal rights according to law yet everyone else can still be married before the eyes of God. Either way it all boils down to equal rights regardless of your stupid, sinful, and wrong beliefs.

Sorry but I really don't believe in the separation of church and state , If God says it's wrong then I believe it is wrong no matter who has deemed it legal (right). I may have to obey certain laws to keep from going to jail but I had rather answer to man than God when the word plainly says it is wrong so no matter the legality of it I will never accept same sex marriage . Sodom did not seem to think it was wrong to lay with the same sex but they were destroyed so that being said I think you being a devout christian may had revisit your proclamation and I will say a prayer in your behalf !

#3278848 - 06/30/13 06:01 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Snake]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

I still find it funny that "constitutionalists" think "equal rights" means asking the government to codify every detail of their lives into law as a "right".

That is NOT what the Constitution is for or about.

Its about NOT NEEDING the governments PERMISSION to marry in the first place. Its NONE OF THE GOVERNMENTS BUSINESS, especially the FEDERAL government.

#3278942 - 06/30/13 09:37 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Hangnail]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: Hangnail
I've said it before, but I'll say it again anyway. There is nothing two men or two women can do to make their relationship a marriage. Calling it a marriage is just a packaging term used to make the issue mainstream. I don't have a problem with same sex relationships as I don't run in those circles. I do take issue with the legal inclusion of gays into the same defining terminology that has been associated with heterosexual couples for centuries. It isn't just a label.

Best post of this thread.

All the homosexual (there's nothing gay about it) advocates' actions are diminishing the value and meaning of the word marriage - they bring nothing to the table.

#3279067 - 06/30/13 02:29 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: BMan]
greygoose
6 Point

Loc: memphis

SEEN THIS TOPIC GOING ON FOR SOME DAYS NOW AND COULD NOT BRING MYSELF TO LOOK AT IT,BUT 16 PAGES IN..DANG IT HAS GOT TO BE WORTH LOOKING AT...

Page 16 of 17 « First<1314151617>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TnDear, buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys
13384 Registered Users
Who's Online
10 registered (Daniel n, redblood, muddy-waders, backwoods7, Mudbone, reloadxx, 1 invisible) and 45 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13384 Members
42 Forums
95879 Topics
1122713 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 1.114 seconds in which 1.061 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.