Tndeer Logo

Page all of 17 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3276577 - 06/26/13 11:01 PM Why I support gay rights
DirtyBear0311
8 Point

Loc: Milan, TN

content Online
I sit here and write this knowing that ill probably take a lot of flak for this but here it goes anyway. Ill start by saying that I am an ardent conservative and a very strong christian who has an amazing relationship with Christ. With that being said, I also consider myself a patriot who fought for the rights of the people of this great country. And here is where things take a turn from the normal. I believe in equal rights for ALL citizens of America. I dont agree with the gay life-style at all. In fact, my sister struggles with it and it absolutely kills me inside. However, I also dont agree with liberals, hippies, muslims, etc yet I still respect the fact that they have all the rights that I do. I also recognize that the US has a separation of church and state (whether I think it's for the best or not is another matter) and being as it is law, I will respect it. I dont pick and choose which laws I follow and as such, I will follow them all (as long as they are constitutional). So with the separation of church and state, I thing that gay couples who are legally together in a union should have every right that my wife and I enjoy. As to what I think should be done. I think that "marriage" is a religious matter and that it is different from a civil union. I think the government should not give out marriage certificates but rather "union certificates". After the legal paperwork is done, a heterosexual couple can have their ceremony as a wedding and have it done by a certified spiritual individual while a homosexual couple can have whatever ceremony they want outside of a "marriage" ceremony. That way the gays can have equal rights according to law yet everyone else can still be married before the eyes of God. Either way it all boils down to equal rights regardless of your stupid, sinful, and wrong beliefs.

Edited by DirtyBear0311 (06/26/13 11:02 PM)

Just because it's bad-a** don't mean it's a good idea.

#3276579 - 06/26/13 11:12 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: DirtyBear0311]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

The problem is, where does it stop now? If two men can get married, then why can't I marry my daughter? My dog? Or my son?

That's just wrong you say? Well, who's to say that? If society can't judge two men then why can it be allowed to judge my perversions?

The toothpaste is out of the tube. We are screwed.

#3276581 - 06/26/13 11:17 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Chaneylake
Brownsville Mafia
16 Point

Loc: on the wings of a snow white d...

back in the day I saw a sheep that looked kinda cute, especially if I was sober

Living somewhere between this world and the other, Legends of the Fall

#3276586 - 06/26/13 11:27 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Chaneylake]
DirtyBear0311
8 Point

content Online
Animals do not have the rights afforded by the Constitution and incest is illegal. Neither of those situations could ever become legally recognized because of this. In my opinion it will stop with allowing gay equal rights. There is no one clambering for anything else like this that could possibly even try to make an argument for anything beyond that. And as I just said, only humans have rights under law and everything else is illegal for more than religious views.

#3276592 - 06/26/13 11:45 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: DirtyBear0311]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

it is a non-issue with me. I really don't care and there are much more important matters to be concerned with.

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#3276594 - 06/26/13 11:51 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: stik]
eweisner
8 Point

Loc: Portland, TN

I have relatives who are gay. I lost an uncle to AIDS. I have watched the nightmarish turmoil that is this life style. I have seen it cause them nothing but pain.

http://confessionsofanovicebowhunter.wordpress.com

#3276597 - 06/26/13 11:58 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: eweisner]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

confused Online
 Originally Posted By: eweisner
I have relatives who are gay. I lost an uncle to AIDS. I have watched the nightmarish turmoil that is this life style. I have seen it cause them nothing but pain.
I have a relative who is this way and she does seem to have a few issues

#3276600 - 06/27/13 12:22 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: catman529]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

content Online
they have the same individual rights as straight folks. they simply are not capable entering into marriage, which is a christian ceremony. i think they should only be able to raise kids if they can produce them. sounds fair to me.

#3276601 - 06/27/13 12:34 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: redblood]
DirtyBear0311
8 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: redblood
they have the same individual rights as straight folks. they simply are not capable entering into marriage, which is a christian ceremony. i think they should only be able to raise kids if they can produce them. sounds fair to me.

I agree about it being a christian ceremony and thus, they cant be "married". But what about straight couples who cant have children due to biological reasons? Can they not adopt kids?

#3276610 - 06/27/13 01:29 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: DirtyBear0311]
Locksley
16 Point

Loc: Antioch TN

Unbelievable that I would see this on here. .

#3276614 - 06/27/13 04:11 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Locksley]
WestTn Huntin'man
16 Point

Loc: Benton Co.

One Nation Under God.
Revelation 21:8
But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death

Pretty clear to me. I don't make judgement against them but "one nation under God" should mean just what it says.
Proverbs 3:27 Whenever you possibly can, do good to those who need it

#3276616 - 06/27/13 04:29 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Locksley]
ruger7mag
6 Point

Loc: tn

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Locksley

X2

#3276618 - 06/27/13 04:42 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: ruger7mag]
bigluresonly
6 Point

Loc: Cookeville

No need to stop with the homos. I want to marry my dad. Incest laws should not apply since this will not be a child bearing marriage. I am trying to avoid inheritance tax issues should he pass but we think it's about equal rights and looooove.
#3276619 - 06/27/13 04:49 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: bigluresonly]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

God and Country...in that order. There's a reason we're going to hell in a handbasket the more we continue down this "live and let live" road. In the end, everyone will know if they were right, or wrong.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3276633 - 06/27/13 05:17 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: MUP]
EastTNHunter
10 Point

Loc: Rhea Co., TN

What about the fact that there are several religions who are sitting and waiting on this to go down to take up the polygamy cause now?

What about the "gender confusion" argument that people are raising in sports (and other functions) that state that a person wanting to compete in sports should be able to compete in whatever gender affiliation of sports that they choose, male or female?

What about the sudden "gender rights" that occur now in hiring practices for religious or non-profit organizations who are farced to hire and recognize this lifestyle as legitimate? This also spills over into the private sector, in general, where hiring a flamboyant gay person in many jobs can have a strongly negative impact on business, but we cannot discriminate based on gender.

These, and the ever-growing benefits issues that are brought up that will cost our government and services companies billions in expenses, which will be passed along to the consumer (read: "me and you") make this a financial mess that has no end. The legitimate family unit uses insurance and other benefits out of necessity, and no other "couple" or "union" that falls outside of this should have access to these.

And to compare a legitimate marriage with a health constraint to a lifestyle that is not natural and cannot produce is shameful, at best.

#3276636 - 06/27/13 05:31 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: DirtyBear0311]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Originally Posted By: DirtyBear0311
Animals do not have the rights afforded by the Constitution and incest is illegal. Neither of those situations could ever become legally recognized because of this. In my opinion it will stop with allowing gay equal rights. There is no one clambering for anything else like this that could possibly even try to make an argument for anything beyond that. And as I just said, only humans have rights under law and everything else is illegal for more than religious views.

No one clambering for anything else???? You obviously havent been following how the polygamists have been waiting in the shadows for their turn.

As for animals/human rights under the Constitution, when has that stopped this administration? Obamacare, amnesty??? Ring a bell???

#3276637 - 06/27/13 05:32 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: stik]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Originally Posted By: stik
it is a non-issue with me. I really don't care and there are much more important matters to be concerned with.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is how we got to where we are today.

#3276638 - 06/27/13 05:33 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: ruger7mag]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Originally Posted By: ruger7mag

X2

Yeeeeeeep!

#3276647 - 06/27/13 05:48 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

Originally Posted By: Pic IN the Casa

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is how we got to where we are today.

wrong.

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#3276652 - 06/27/13 06:07 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: DirtyBear0311]
MUP
Non-Typical

And, if it's about laws in your eyes...then what about the sodomy laws on the books currently? Are they to be "over-looked" or just forgotten? And since it only deals with humans, what about the "marry my sister" scenario already mentioned? It's just WRONG on every level.

#3276661 - 06/27/13 06:36 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: MUP]
Hangnail
12 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

I've said it before, but I'll say it again anyway. There is nothing two men or two women can do to make their relationship a marriage. Calling it a marriage is just a packaging term used to make the issue mainstream. I don't have a problem with same sex relationships as I don't run in those circles. I do take issue with the legal inclusion of gays into the same defining terminology that has been associated with heterosexual couples for centuries. It isn't just a label.

The only good thing that will come of this is there will be approximately half of these new "marriages" that will experience what a living hell really is.

#3276665 - 06/27/13 06:46 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Hangnail]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

With ALL due respect - the stupidest thing I've read in a while!

At the beginning, middle and end of the day - you can babble on justifying most anything up to taking lives if you talk enough however.....

Right is RIGHT

Wrong is WRONG

People of the same sex being married is WRONG!

#3276666 - 06/27/13 06:47 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Deer Whisperer
10 Point

Originally Posted By: ruger7mag

X2

Yeeeeeeep!

X3

#3276667 - 06/27/13 06:47 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Chaneylake]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Loc: Hatchie Bottoms

Originally Posted By: Chaneylake
back in the day I saw a sheep that looked kinda cute, especially if I was sober

probably a whole lot cheaper too...lol.

Walk away; the battle they are fighting is not with you, but with themselves.

#3276673 - 06/27/13 06:54 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Bottom Hunter]
BlackBelt
10 Point

Loc: SouthWest TN

I have the answer to a lot of societal issues, but everyone keeps ignoring me.

First, if you want to stop school shootings you could simply ban schools.
Second, if you have a problem with marriage (gay or straight), just ban marriage.

I'm willing to bet a whole lot of guys that are already married would say, "Yes. That is EXACTLY what we should do. Right now! Ban it! BAN IT!"

See, all problems solved.

Edited by BlackBelt (06/27/13 06:55 AM)

#3276685 - 06/27/13 07:16 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: stik]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Well said.

As a Constitutionalist, I support equal rights for all.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3276690 - 06/27/13 07:18 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: BlackBelt]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

The whole thing makes my blood pressure go up.... It's no different that the "A"s complaining about kids praying in school or religion period.... they don't want to have it "pushed" on them.

Well I am tired of seeing/hearing about gays every time I turn the tv on.... it's in the news everyday and on various tv shows now like it's no big deal.

Well I am tired of it!!!! You fags want to lay with each other... do it in your on private space.... I don't want to see it, hear about it, or anything else.... that includes public acts of affection.

If we had leaders that had the balls to do what needs to be done in America, gays and illegals would not ever be an issue. How many other countrys allow illegals or homos in their lands.... not many, most of them are shot for being in the country illegal and shunned/killed for being gay.

Your compassion is a weakness your enemies will not share.

#3276693 - 06/27/13 07:23 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: Grizzly Johnson
It's no different that the "A"s complaining about kids praying in school or religion period.... they don't want to have it "pushed" on them.

Same here. They don't want certain things "pushed" on THEM but they want all the things they want pushed on US.

#3276699 - 06/27/13 07:30 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

I'd also like to point out your comment about "Separation of Church and State". This is yet another liberal myth. There is no mention of this in the Constitution. This argument got legs based on a letter Jefferson wrote to the Church of Danbury in the early 1800's. 1804, I think. In the letter, Jefferson assured the church that the government had no intention of setting a rules on churches such as "The Church of England". The supreme court in the late 1800's interpreted that letter to mean that the church should have no influence on government and government would have no influence(power) over what is preached in the church.

I've read that letter however and have read many opinions on the letter. While the Supremes ruled on the language of one portion of the letter, they failed to mention that in that same letter Jefferson urged the churches to influence the government ("social duties"). I think he told church members in other documents, it was their duty to get involved in affairs of government.

Jefferson ended the famous "Separation of Church and State" paragragh in that letter by saying "convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties." This my friend has been interpreted to mean that it's the social duty of the christian to be involved in government.

That right there is one place where the wheels began coming off the track of this once great country.

Edited by Rebel (06/27/13 08:17 AM)

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

#3276701 - 06/27/13 07:32 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: BSK]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

"Human" rights should be equal......let God sort it out when the time comes.

Man has always felt the need to control everything around him, but I guess he came about it naturally.

good luck with this.....as for me, I am not gay and can not see how gay rights will affect me....

thanks

#3276703 - 06/27/13 07:35 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Wildcat]
buckaroo
8 Point

Loc: easttennessee

I really don't know how I feel about it. The main thing is as long as they are'nt taking any of my right's from me.
#3276704 - 06/27/13 07:36 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Hangnail
12 Point

Are there gay rednecks? I'm wondering what that'd look like. Pastel wifebeaters maybe?
#3276708 - 06/27/13 07:41 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: DirtyBear0311]
Tennrock
4 Point

Loc: Wayne County

I sit here and write this knowing that ill probably take a lot of flak for this but here it goes anyway. Ill start by saying that I am an ardent conservative and a very strong christian who has an amazing relationship with Christ. With that being said, I also consider myself a patriot who fought for the rights of the people of this great country. And here is where things take a turn from the normal. I believe in equal rights for ALL citizens of America. I dont agree with the (**INSERT WHATEVER YOU BELIEVE HERE**) at all. In fact, my sister struggles with (**INSERT WHATEVER YOU BELIEVE HERE**) and it absolutely kills me inside. However, I also dont agree with liberals, hippies, muslims, etc yet I still respect the fact that they have all the rights that I do. I also recognize that the US has a separation of church and state (whether I think it's for the best or not is another matter) and being as it is law, I will respect it. I dont pick and choose which laws I follow and as such, I will follow them all (as long as they are constitutional). So with the separation of church and state, I thing that (**INSERT WHATEVER YOU BELIEVE HERE**) should have every right that my wife and I enjoy. As to what I think should be done. I think that "marriage" is a religious matter and that it is different from a civil union. I think the government should not give out marriage certificates but rather "union certificates". After the legal paperwork is done, a heterosexual couple can have their ceremony as a wedding and have it done by a certified spiritual individual while a (**INSERT WHATEVER YOU BELIEVE HERE**) can have whatever ceremony they want outside of a "marriage" ceremony. That way the (**INSERT WHATEVER YOU BELIEVE HERE**) can have equal rights according to law yet everyone else can still be married before the eyes of God. Either way it all boils down to equal rights regardless of your stupid, sinful, and wrong beliefs.

#3276711 - 06/27/13 07:45 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Rebel]
Tennrock
4 Point

Loc: Wayne County

EXACTLY!
 Originally Posted By: Rebel
I'd also like to point out your comment about "Separation of Church and State". This is yet another liberal myth. There is no mention of this in the Constitution. This argument got legs based on a letter Jefferson wrote to the Church of Danbury in the early 1800's. 1804, I think. In the letter, Jefferson assured the church that the government had no intention of setting a rules on churches such as "The Church of England". The supreme court in the late 1800's interpreted that letter to mean that the church should have no influence on government and government would have no influence(power) over what is preached in the church.

I've read that letter however and have read many opinions on the letter. While the Supremes ruled on the language of one portion of the letter, they failed to mention that in that same letter Jefferson urged the churches to influence the government. I think he told that church, it was their duty to get involved in affairs of government.

That right there is one place where the wheels began coming off the track of this once great country.

#3276712 - 06/27/13 07:50 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Tennrock]
ferg
Cancer Free
16 Point

Loc: At the TNDeer shirt factory %^...

This is not now or has it ever been about 'marriage' - Period. Hard Stop.

This is now, and always has been, about money - again period. Hard Stop.

Change the effed up tax laws/codes make them EQUAL for everyone and this entire argument goes away. Period.

ferg....

USCG(Ret)
Semper Par !

#3276713 - 06/27/13 07:51 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Hangnail]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

"Gay Marriage doesn't effect me".....

On November 18, 2003, the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court announced its Goodridge opinion, ruling that it was unconstitutional not to allow same-sex “marriage.” Six months later, homosexual marriages began to be performed.

The public schools

• The homosexual “marriage” onslaught in public schools across the state started soon after the November 2003, court decision.

• At my own children's high school there was a school-wide assembly to celebrate same-sex “marriage” in early December, 2003. It featured an array of speakers, including teachers at the school who announced that they would be “marrying” their same-sex partners and starting families either through adoption or artificial insemination. Literature on same-sex marriage – how it is now a normal part of society – was handed out to the students.

• Within months it was brought into the middle schools. In September, 2004, an 8th-grade teacher in Brookline, MA, told National Public Radio that the marriage ruling had opened up the floodgates for teaching homosexuality. “In my mind, I know that, `OK, this is legal now.' If somebody wants to challenge me, I'll say, `Give me a break. It's legal now,'” she told NPR. She added that she now discusses gay sex with her students as explicitly as she desires. For example, she said she tells the kids that lesbians can have vaginal intercourse using sex toys.

• By the following year it was in elementary school curricula. Kindergartners were given picture books telling them that same-sex couples are just another kind of family, like their own parents. In 2005, when David Parker of Lexington, MA – a parent of a kindergartner – strongly insisted on being notified when teachers were discussing homosexuality or transgenderism with his son, the school had him arrested and put in jail overnight.

• Second graders at the same school were read a book, “King and King”, about two men who have a romance and marry each other, with a picture of them kissing. When parents Rob and Robin Wirthlin complained, they were told that the school had no obligation to notify them or allow them to opt-out their child.

• In 2006 the Parkers and Wirthlins filed a federal Civil Rights lawsuit to force the schools to notify parents and allow them to opt-out their elementary-school children when homosexual-related subjects were taught. The federal judges dismissed the case. The judges ruled that because same-sex marriage is legal in Massachusetts, the school actually had a duty to normalize homosexual relationships to children, and that schools have no obligation to notify parents or let them opt-out their children! Acceptance of homosexuality had become a matter of good citizenship!

• Think about that: Because same-sex marriage is “legal”, a federal judge has ruled that the schools now have a duty to portray homosexual relationships as normal to children, despite what parents think or believe!

• In 2006, in the elementary school where my daughter went to Kindergarten, the parents of a third-grader were forced to take their child out of school because a man undergoing a sex-change operation and cross-dressing was being brought into class to teach the children that there are now “different kinds of families.” School officials told the mother that her complaints to the principal were considered “inappropriate behavior.”

• Libraries have also radically changed. School libraries across the state, from elementary school to high school, now have shelves of books to normalize homosexual behavior and the lifestyle in the minds of kids, some of them quite explicit and even pornographic. Parents complaints are ignored or met with hostility.

• Over the past year, homosexual groups have been using taxpayer money to distribute a large, slick hardcover book celebrating homosexual marriage titled “Courting Equality” into every school library in the state.

• It’s become commonplace in Massachusetts schools for teachers to prominently display photos of their same-sex “spouses” and occasionally bring them to school functions. Both high schools in my own town now have principals who are “married” to their same-sex partners, whom they bring to school and introduce to the students.

• “Gay days” in schools are considered necessary to fight “intolerance” which may exist against same-sex relationships. Hundreds of high schools and even middle schools across the state now hold “gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender appreciation days”. They “celebrate” homosexual marriage and move forward to other behaviors such as cross-dressing and transsexuality. In my own town, a school committee member recently announced that combating “homophobia” is now a top priority.

Once homosexuality has been normalized, all boundaries will come down. The schools are already moving on to normalizing transgenderism (including cross-dressing and sex changes). The state-funded Commission on Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Youth includes leaders who are transsexuals.

Public health

• The Commissioner of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health is “married” to another man. In 2007 he told a crowd of kids at a state-sponsored youth event that it’s “wonderful being gay” and he wants to make sure there’s enough HIV testing available for all of them.

• Since homosexual marriage became “legal” the rates of HIV / AIDS have gone up considerably in Massachusetts. This year public funding to deal with HIV/AIDS has risen by $500,000. As the homosexual lobby group MassEquality wrote to their supporters after successfully persuading the Legislature to spend that money: "With the rate of HIV infections rising dramatically in Massachusetts, it's clear the fight against AIDS is far from over."

• Citing “the right to marry” as one of the “important challenges” in a place where “it’s a great time to be gay”, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health helped produce The Little Black Book, Queer in the 21st Century, a hideous work of obscene pornography which was given to kids at Brookline High School on April 30, 2005. Among other things, it gives “tips” to boys on how to perform oral sex on other males, masturbate other males, and how to “safely” have someone urinate on you for sexual pleasure. It also included a directory of bars in Boston where young men meet for anonymous sex.

http://www.massresistance.org/

#3276716 - 06/27/13 07:53 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: DirtyBear0311]
laserman
4 Point

Loc: signal mt tennessee

I say let them get married. Since the divorce rate is 50%, once they split up and have to lose half their stuff to their partner they might rethink the decision. I've adopted both of my children so I don't agree with the comment about having to bear your own children. There are too many children in the world without parents, too many children with sorry no-good parents, and just because you have the ability to produce kids doesn't make you good parents ( 16 and pregnant tv show). A child with gay parents is still better than a child with no parents. And as Danial Tosh says ( "why worry about it. It's not like God is gonna let them into heaven anyway").

#3276732 - 06/27/13 08:03 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: laserman]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Solely a religious issue and the need that certain religions have to control others. It's more about power and control than anything else.

JMO

#3276736 - 06/27/13 08:07 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Transgender first-grader wins the right to use girls' restroom

(CNN) -- A transgender first-grader who was born a boy but identifies as a girl has won the right to use the girls' restroom at her Colorado school.

The Colorado Rights Division ruled in favor of Coy Mathis in her fight against the Fountain-Fort Carson School District.

Coy's parents had taken her case to the commission after the district said she could no longer use the girls' bathroom at Eagleside Elementary. In issuing its decision, the state's rights division said keeping the ban in place "creates an environment that is objectively and subjectively hostile, intimidating or offensive."

The Transgender Legal Defense & Education Fund praised the ruling that was filled under Colorado's Anti-Discrimination Act. Michael Silverman, the group's executive director, called the ruling "a high-water mark for transgender rights."

This is the first of it's kind ruling in the country regarding the rights of transgender students. No court, no tribunal has ever said what the Colorado Division of Civil Rights has said today which is that trangendered students must be treated equally. They specifically referenced the outmoded concept of separate but equal and told us that separate but equal is very rarely equal and it is certainly not equal in Coy's case.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/24/us/colorado-transgender-girl-school/

#3276742 - 06/27/13 08:12 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Eric Kilby
10 Point

Loc: Tellico Plains

confused Online
It was Adam and eve not Adam and steve ...

#3276746 - 06/27/13 08:16 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Hangnail]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Hangnail
Are there gay rednecks? I'm wondering what that'd look like. Pastel wifebeaters maybe?

A friend told me that back in the line dancing days of late 80s/early 90's country music, there was a gay bar in Nashville with a parking lot generally full of semi trucks and 4x4s and dance floor full of cowboy hats and starched jeans line dancing and 2 stepping.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3276751 - 06/27/13 08:20 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Bottom Hunter]
laserman
4 Point

If we let them get married, then they are gonna want the right to vote, right to legal counsel, even the right to peruse happiness. I bet it's them buying up all the 22 ammo. I thought all sins were equal. Maybe we should just stone them. I'll get in line behind the first sinless one on here. What happened the Christian motto " to forgive"?

#3276760 - 06/27/13 08:25 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Crappie Luck]
pastorbmp
10 Point

Loc: Wartburg,TN

I think you are mistaken on your views of separation of church and state. There is nothing in the constitution which states that. That phrase was taken from the writings of Thomas Jefferson and it was twisted and perverted from it's original meaning by liberals. The "wall of separation" which Jefferson spoke of was a "ONE WAY WALL". That is, the government could not interfere with the religious practices of a church or individual, but Christians, churches and other religions could certainly get involved in the government, petition the government and express their religious beliefs openly without fear of retribution from the government. Like it or not, our nation was founded on Christian values and principles. That does not mean everybody who was involved in its founding was a christian or that the government is going to force everyone to be a christian, but that is how it was founded. Read the founding documents, they are replete with references to this fact. Read the writings of the founding fathers - there can be no doubt of the foundation of this nation on christian principles. But, 5 men/women in black robes have decided that is not how they wanted it, and they have chipped away at those principles for the last 50+ years, until America resembles nothing of what it once was. This was not done by the rule of law, but by a judiciary that has far overstepped it's boundaries. However, there is no recourse accept election of a president who will put constitutionalists on the court.

Edited by pastorbmp (06/27/13 08:38 AM)

1Ti 1:15: ...Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

#3276764 - 06/27/13 08:31 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: DirtyBear0311]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

I think that "marriage" is a religious matter and that it is different from a civil union. I think the government should not give out marriage certificates but rather "union certificates". After the legal paperwork is done, a heterosexual couple can have their ceremony as a wedding and have it done by a certified spiritual individual while a homosexual couple can have whatever ceremony they want outside of a "marriage" ceremony. That way the gays can have equal rights according to law yet everyone else can still be married before the eyes of God. Either way it all boils down to equal rights regardless of your stupid, sinful, and wrong beliefs.

We tried that as a compromise. Civil unions with all the 'rights' of a marriage were not good enough for the gay community. They want the "rights' associated with marriage as well as the "right' to undermine the religion associated with marriage. They want to defile the Christian culture this nation was founded on. They want the Church to accept, condone, and officiate their "weddings". The bells at the National Cathedral were ringing in celebration of yesterday's decision.

Homosexuality was in the not so distant past both illegal and considered a mental illness. We have de-criminalized it, de-
stigmatized it, allowed civil unions, allowed marriage in some states and this is still not good enough.

Please explain to me how voters in one state can legalize gay marriage and it's the law of the land. However, voters in California have twice limited marriage to one man and one woman and this is essentially overturned by the SCOTUS on the excuse of states' rights?

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3276766 - 06/27/13 08:32 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: laserman]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: laserman
What happened the Christian motto " to forgive"?

Forgive? You're not asking us to forgive. You are asking us to change our views, reject that it's sin in the first place and the celebrate their choices.

Stone them? Seriously? We're have an adult conversation with opposing views on a matter and since we don't agree that un-defining Marriage" to mean ANYTHING a person wants, you suggest we line up and STONE them?

That's the ridiculous type demagoguing of issues that ends serious debate.

"If you don't agree with me then you eat babies and run over grandmas"

#3276767 - 06/27/13 08:35 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: laserman]
pastorbmp
10 Point

If we let them get married, then they are gonna want the right to vote, right to legal counsel, even the right to peruse happiness. I bet it's them buying up all the 22 ammo. I thought all sins were equal. Maybe we should just stone them. I'll get in line behind the first sinless one on here. What happened the Christian motto " to forgive"?

I cannot believe we are even having this debate in our society. Homosexual marriage is against nature, it is against 6000+ years of human history, it is against the conscience of man, it is against every major religion in the world and it is against the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ, and yet those who are opposed are labeled as unforgiving???????? What does forgiveness have to do with it?

We can love people, try to help them and tell them the truth WITHOUT agreeing with them about things that they are wrong about. So if someone says green is red - I should forgive them and agree that green is red or I am not a Christian or somehow I am a hypocrite??? Right is right and wrong is wrong - no matter who does it. Still, I love them and pray for them and desire to help them no matter what. I have ministered to many people who are or have been involved in the homosexual lifestyle. I let them know up front, I want to help, I'll do anything to help you I can - but you must know that what you are doing is wrong. Same goes for anyone else involved in unconfessed sin.

Edited by pastorbmp (06/27/13 08:36 AM)

1Ti 1:15: ...Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

#3276771 - 06/27/13 08:45 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Rebel]
BlountArrow
8 Point

Loc: SouthEast Tenn

Where's beachguy with his "hippo eating popcorn" picture?

#3276776 - 06/27/13 08:51 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: pastorbmp]
laserman
4 Point

Crappie, could you not get from the 22 ammo and stoning in the post that it was humor. As for adult conversation, what part about marring animals posted earlier made any more sense. Please tell me what my opinion should be so I can start believing it.

#3276780 - 06/27/13 09:00 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: laserman]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

I don't know what a Marring animal is and I don't care what your opinion should be.

LOL about what your opinion should be. IN true fascists form, you ridicule and insult everyone who doesn't share your celebration of sodomy and then play the victim and ask what your opinion should be?

Hilarious!!

#3276781 - 06/27/13 09:00 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Bottom Hunter
"Human" rights should be equal......let God sort it out when the time comes.

Man has always felt the need to control everything around him, but I guess he came about it naturally.

good luck with this.....as for me, I am not gay and can not see how gay rights will affect me....

thanks

BH - Where "I" am worried about the effects is with children. IMO, Abortion where not medically needed is WRONG - it's Murder, yet now society is teaching our children it is RIGHT. IMO, Homosexuality is WRONG - it's a sick acquired taste, much like a drug addiction so once it becomes socially acceptable our children, grand children, great grand children will be SO exposed to this SICKNESS that in our society it will be perfectly fine and become a more widespread sickness than it is now.

IMO, live and let live philosophy - running along with no control in terms of morality, no guide lines on morality will destroy this fast becoming sick/evil nation \:\(

#3276783 - 06/27/13 09:02 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: BlountArrow]
huntinkev
8 Point

Loc: East Tenn

Unbelievable, So lets do away with marriage in favor of civil unions for all so the gays will be happy.

I am a simple man but wouldn't that be the same thing but calling it a different name? Lets do away with the "term" Marriage and start calling it Civil Union.

This goes directly against God and the Bible. This goes against the natural order of life.

I heard a fellow on the radio yesterday say he had been thinking and maybe we shouldn't fight all this liberal stuff.
He said
"Let them have their gay marriage and their abortions and in a generation or two then we won't have to worry about liberals, they will eradicate themselves."

#3276785 - 06/27/13 09:05 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: huntinkev]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: huntinkev

"Let them have their gay marriage and their abortions and in a generation or two then we won't have to worry about liberals, they will eradicate themselves."

The problem is just that Liberals don't want or have gay relationships or abortion themselves. They just like to encourage or celebrate when your son or daughter does.

#3276786 - 06/27/13 09:05 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Solely a religious issue and the need that certain religions have to control others. It's more about power and control than anything else.

JMO

Not for me.. For me its the impending doom of a nation in which morality is becoming a thing of the past.
BH - I've talked to you and based on what I "think" I know you're not an immoral person... Do you really think its ok to let this entire nation become totally without morals? Do you think that will have a negative impact on our grand children and great grand children? I do........

#3276788 - 06/27/13 09:08 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: BSK]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Originally Posted By: BSK

Well said.

The problem is they don't want equal rights. They want SPECIAL rights. They want minority status.

#3276789 - 06/27/13 09:08 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: huntinkev]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Unbelievable, So lets do away with marriage in favor of civil unions for all so the gays will be happy.

I am a simple man but wouldn't that be the same thing but calling it a different name? Lets do away with the "term" Marriage and start calling it Civil Union.

This goes directly against God and the Bible. This goes against the natural order of life.

I heard a fellow on the radio yesterday say he had been thinking and maybe we shouldn't fight all this liberal stuff.
He said

Wont happen.. They aren't without enough intelligence to keep the ball rolling via adoption etc.. Once their homosexuality becomes OK in our nation that disease will spread just like the HIV resulting from it... it will be an incurable - spreading cancer

#3276793 - 06/27/13 09:11 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Kimber45]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

The fabric of our culture and morality is so torn that as a society we can't even decide who goes into what bathroom.

Some of y'all don't see that as a problem?

#3276795 - 06/27/13 09:12 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Crappie Luck]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
The fabric of our culture and morality is so torn that as a society we can't even decide who goes into what bathroom.

Some of y'all don't see that as a problem?

Yes Sir... I do

#3276797 - 06/27/13 09:13 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Crappie Luck]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

THE WHOLE WORLD IS LAUGHING

#3276798 - 06/27/13 09:16 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

America is Elvis.

We shot to the stars, became the world's leading nation in innovation, liberty and wealth, even put a man on the moon. We should have stopped there, retired after "Blue Hawaii"

Now were dying with are bare asses in the air.

#3276805 - 06/27/13 09:22 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Crappie Luck]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Forgive? You're not asking us to forgive. You are asking us to change our views, reject that it's sin in the first place and the celebrate their choices.

Stone them? Seriously? We're have an adult conversation with opposing views on a matter and since we don't agree that un-defining Marriage" to mean ANYTHING a person wants, you suggest we line up and STONE them?

No one is asking you to change your view. All they want is for you to allow them to live their life as they see fit. Why do people think that others need THEIR APPROVAL to live their own life..?

I do not understand the selfish concept....?

#3276806 - 06/27/13 09:24 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

THE WHOLE WORLD IS LAUGHING

That part doesn't bother me AT ALL.... Sadly most of the other countries were already as sick and perverted as ours is becoming. What bothers me is that when this thing Began, our government and leadership and citizens worked together - for the most part, to develop a system of maintaining a sense of morality so everyone kept their heads screwed on straight before they became productive citizens. Now, we are raising hell-hounds on purpose

#3276809 - 06/27/13 09:27 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

No one is asking you to change your view. All they want is for you to allow them to live their life as they see fit. Why do people think that others need THEIR APPROVAL to live their own life..?

Because WE are ALL responsible for a part of the direction of this country and if WE allow it to be operated totally without morality - it is doomed (including again, our grand-children, our great grand children etc..)

#3276814 - 06/27/13 09:30 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: DirtyBear0311]
Dodge Man
12 Point

Loc: Dyersburg, TN

In my opinion it will stop with allowing gay equal rights. There is no one clambering for anything else like this that could possibly even try to make an argument for anything beyond that. And as I just said, only humans have rights under law and everything else is illegal for more than religious views.

What about polygamy? You don't think that could ever come to the same kind of argument? I don't see how this just stops with gays once 1 thing is excepted then whats stopping for everybody else to want rights they consider expectable?

http://www.talkinfowl.com/

#3276816 - 06/27/13 09:35 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Kimber45]
preds1
12 Point

Loc: Sumner County

DOMA did just that, it defended the traditional marraige.
Some choose to see it as attacking or belittling alternative lifestyles. It did not.

Similar to the boy scout deal, nothing is safe from the liberal agenda anymore.

http://youtu.be/pqICP295APA

#3276827 - 06/27/13 09:43 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Crappie Luck]
WestTn Huntin'man
16 Point

Loc: Benton Co.

Leviticus 18:22 - Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination.

1 Corinthians 6:9

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind

Matthew 24:10-20

And then many will fall away and betray one another and hate one another. And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. But the one who endures to the end will be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come

ONE NATION UNDER GOD

Shouldn't this thread be in the political or religious forum ??
Proverbs 3:27 Whenever you possibly can, do good to those who need it

#3276838 - 06/27/13 09:48 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Kimber45]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Kimber45

JMO

Not for me.. For me its the impending doom of a nation in which morality is becoming a thing of the past.
BH - I've talked to you and based on what I "think" I know you're not an immoral person... Do you really think its ok to let this entire nation become totally without morals? Do you think that will have a negative impact on our grand children and great grand children? I do........

I do not believe that morals should be judged by what you believe but your character as a person and how you treat others. Some people proclaim to be christians but have the morals of a cockroach, imo. I know gays, many are friends of mine that are much better people than many straight people that I know.

I do not believe that allowing gays to marry will change straight people's morals anymore than allowing beer sales will turn everyone into alcoholics.....

I tend to believe that morals are taught at home and not learned from others on the street.

Teach your kids what you want them to believe at home and they will stay the course.

Guns don't kill people, right? Well, imo, drugs don't kill people, alcohol doesn't kill people, and gay people don't turn other people gay.....if someone can convince you or your child to "become gay" then you or your child was on the ledge leaning outward to begin with...

I have an old high school girlfriend that lives in Texas that I stay in contact with. Her daughter came out last year and she called me. Being a strict methodist, he was devastated until she saw the change it made in her daughter.....her daughter finally felt free to be who she was meant to be....and not who other people told her she should be. It made a lot of sense to me. My friend now has a great relationship with her daughter, who by the way is a social worker and volunteers at the local hospital and soup kitchen.

So, if you think that christian's have a monopoly on values, morals and doing the right thing, well, you don't know many gays then...lol.

Thanks Kimber!

#3276849 - 06/27/13 10:05 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: pastorbmp]
encore06
16 Point

Loc: Harrogate, TN

Originally Posted By: pastorbmp

I cannot believe we are even having this debate in our society. Homosexual marriage is against nature, it is against 6000+ years of human history, it is against the conscience of man, it is against every major religion in the world and it is against the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ, and yet those who are opposed are labeled as unforgiving???????? What does forgiveness have to do with it?

We can love people, try to help them and tell them the truth WITHOUT agreeing with them about things that they are wrong about. So if someone says green is red - I should forgive them and agree that green is red or I am not a Christian or somehow I am a hypocrite??? Right is right and wrong is wrong - no matter who does it. Still, I love them and pray for them and desire to help them no matter what. I have ministered to many people who are or have been involved in the homosexual lifestyle. I let them know up front, I want to help, I'll do anything to help you I can - but you must know that what you are doing is wrong. Same goes for anyone else involved in unconfessed sin.
excellent response

Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

#3276858 - 06/27/13 10:12 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

JMO

I do not believe that morals should be judged by what you believe but your character as a person and how you treat others. Some people proclaim to be christians but have the morals of a cockroach, imo. I know gays, many are friends of mine that are much better people than many straight people that I know.

I do not believe that allowing gays to marry will change straight people's morals anymore than allowing beer sales will turn everyone into alcoholics.....

I tend to believe that morals are taught at home and not learned from others on the street.

Teach your kids what you want them to believe at home and they will stay the course.

Guns don't kill people, right? Well, imo, drugs don't kill people, alcohol doesn't kill people, and gay people don't turn other people gay.....if someone can convince you or your child to "become gay" then you or your child was on the ledge leaning outward to begin with...

I have an old high school girlfriend that lives in Texas that I stay in contact with. Her daughter came out last year and she called me. Being a strict methodist, he was devastated until she saw the change it made in her daughter.....her daughter finally felt free to be who she was meant to be....and not who other people told her she should be. It made a lot of sense to me. My friend now has a great relationship with her daughter, who by the way is a social worker and volunteers at the local hospital and soup kitchen.

So, if you think that christian's have a monopoly on values, morals and doing the right thing, well, you don't know many gays then...lol.

Thanks Kimber!

\:\)
No I don't believe Christians have a monopoly on morals however I do guess I see Right/Wrong in a different manner than the majority does today.. and is that partly based on Christian values and things I learned growing up in Church - Yes.
Beyond that though, I cant help but believe that I'm on track with what is going on with this nation going down the sewer pipe in regards to making things that were Wrong or Not Ok before, Ok now in a sense that it will demoralize this nation as a whole. At this point we have a woman prepared to run for President who's husband was President and was caught with his pants down in the oval office.... Years ago - they'd have been told to shut up and get out where now, "oh hey, it's cool"... and we should still teach our children to respect what these people say???
And, we now have leadership, who for the betterment of the nation in his views, is fine with girls killing babies from the day of conception via a pill all the way out to half way thru a pregnancy - should we teach our kids to respect his views?
I guess I'm VERY old school but if I were running the show we'd all pay for what we received, we'd all be held accountable for our actions, we'd all work unless we were TRULY disabled, AND, We'd be a Nation Under God and the option would be, if you cant live with those simple rules Get Out of this Country \:\)

#3276859 - 06/27/13 10:12 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Are you that naive???? They've gone WAY beyond ASking us to change our view. They are FORCING it on us and especially on our children.

#3276861 - 06/27/13 10:13 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Who's stopping them? Was there some legislation that I'm not aware of that forbid them from living their lives as they see fit?

What does that have to do with Gay Marriage and the agenda of chaos that goes with it?

Did you read the list of consequences that Massachusetts is experiencing from their multicultural gay marriage experiment?

If there is one group that is not allowed to "live as they see fit", it's anyone who does not support he Gay agenda.

Just as the Cake bakery who refused to make a cake for a gay wedding.

What about this guy http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/army-soldier-disciplined-for-serving-chick-fil-a-at-promotion-party

There is NO END to the hypocrisy on gay "rights". If you don't support them, they'll sue you, ruin your career, shout you down and deny you your rights.

#3276872 - 06/27/13 10:25 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Crappie Luck]
7mm08
10 Point

Loc: In a river hopefully!

The problem is just that Liberals don't want or have gay relationships or abortion themselves. They just like to encourage or celebrate when your son or daughter does.

Exactly.....because it justifies THEIR perverse behavior

#3276873 - 06/27/13 10:27 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
huntinkev
8 Point

Loc: East Tenn

Your right they are wanting SPECIAL rights. Right now we have the same rights as a gay person. If a gay man wants to marry a woman he can. If he wants to marry a man he can't.

It's because of issues like this and abortion, etc. demoralization (all Liberal agendas) that I don't see a bright future ahead for The United States.

What kind of people, as a whole, are we without morals. Then on top of that you have a government trying to completely take over our lives, strip us away of our God given rights.

I fear for my 5 year old's future, I fear for my future.

Edited by huntinkev (06/27/13 10:28 AM)

#3276875 - 06/27/13 10:32 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Kimber45]
MUP
Non-Typical

Because WE are ALL responsible for a part of the direction of this country and if WE allow it to be operated totally without morality - it is doomed (including again, our grand-children, our great grand children etc..)

After reading this thread and the many responses, I have but one thing left to add....this, that I truly believe that some of us see the ever increasing decline of our nation, and the root causes of it, and want to fight it to the very end in an attempt to save the "country" we grew up with and that of our Fathers. While others, seem to have the "live and let live"...regardless of if it destroys everything this nation was built upon. It doesn't take much over an elementary education to figure this out imo. There is still one side or the other to stand on, and we've declared which side we will stand on...all of us, either by action, or inaction. Good day.

#3276877 - 06/27/13 10:33 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
redblood
16 Point

content Online

Are you that naive???? They've gone WAY beyond ASking us to change our view. They are FORCING it on us and especially on our children.

yep look at TV. at least a dozen primetime shows that ram the "queerness" factor down our throats, several that target kids.

#3276886 - 06/27/13 10:48 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Crappie Luck]
EastTNHunter
10 Point

Loc: Rhea Co., TN

Who's stopping them? Was there some legislation that I'm not aware of that forbid them from living their lives as they see fit?

What does that have to do with Gay Marriage and the agenda of chaos that goes with it?

Did you read the list of consequences that Massachusetts is experiencing from their multicultural gay marriage experiment?

If there is one group that is not allowed to "live as they see fit", it's anyone who does not support he Gay agenda.

Just as the Cake bakery who refused to make a cake for a gay wedding.

What about this guy http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/army-soldier-disciplined-for-serving-chick-fil-a-at-promotion-party

There is NO END to the hypocrisy on gay "rights". If you don't support them, they'll sue you, ruin your career, shout you down and deny you your rights.

Well put, Crappie Luck

#3276903 - 06/27/13 11:05 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: redblood]
de novo
10 Point

yep look at TV. at least a dozen primetime shows that ram the "queerness" factor down our throats, several that target kids.

Below are GLAAD's stats from October 2012. Intentionally, the gay characters are portrayed as fun loving, harmless, committed sympathetic characters. Very few of the perverts frequenting craiglist ads or NAMBLA are portrayed.

----------------------------------

• LGBT characters account for 4.4 percent of scripted series regulars on the broadcast networks in 2012-13. This is up from 2.9 percent in 2011, 3.9 percent in 2009, 2.6 percent in 2008, and 1.1 percent in 2007.

• There are a total of 31 LGBT characters on the five broadcast networks, as well as 19 recurring characters.

• ABC leads the broadcast networks with 10 of 194 characters (5.2 percent). Fox is in second with six of 118 (5.1 percent), followed by The CW with four of 81 (4.9 percent), NBC with seven of 166 (4.2 percent), and CBS with four of 142 (2.8 percent). The report singles out CBS’ “authentic and conscious effort” to increase diversity, as it is up from 0.7 percent LGBT characters last season.

• Regular LGBT characters on scripted cable television also rose this year to 35 (up from 29) for the 2012-13 season.

• Showtime leads the cable pack, with 12 total characters, seven of whom are regulars. The runners up include: HBO (9 characters), FX (8), Adult Swim (5), and ABC Family, MTV, Syfy, and TeenNick (4 each).

• As it was in 2010 and 2011, HBO’s True Blood is the most inclusive show on cable television with six gay, lesbian, or bisexual characters.

• GLAAD also analyzed the race/ethnicity and gender demographics of all 701 series regular characters in primetime television. There are more males (55.5 percent) to females (44.5 percent), and 78 percent of all series regulars are white. Compared to last year, African American representation has increased from 9.9 percent to 12 percent, followed by Latino (4.1 percent) and Asian-Pacific Islander (4.7 percent).

• Of the 31 announced LGBT regular characters in the 2012-13 season, 11 are people of color (35.5 percent). GLAAD counted seven regular or recurring black LGBT characters on broadcast television, up from zero last year.

• Lastly, GLAAD counted people with disabilities, of which there are four (0.6 percent) regular characters on broadcast television.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3276904 - 06/27/13 11:06 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: EastTNHunter]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

it seems like many Americans forgot where they live.....the home of the free.

Next they will be telling people who they can fall in love with and even associate with.

Equality means that no one can refuse to bake a cake for a gay wedding just for the reason that they are gay, like they can not be allowed to not bake a cake for a black wedding or a muslim wedding because of their prejudices......that is discrimination.

If you walked in to a gay owned establishment to eat and they refused to serve you because they know you are anti-gay, would you be screaming discrimination? I would be.

All people want is equal rights. You believe that they are throwing up in your face simply because you do not believe in it....

What do you think non-religious people or even religious people that are not christians think about the amount of christ based material everywhere......? Do you think that christians are too dominate in today's society? I have not seen anywhere that Bibles were being burned or churches being torn down.....Chrisitanity is not in trouble, imo.

Just allow others to enjoy life here on this planet for the short time they are here and we will all get along....marriage just happens to be something that they feel like they are entitled to do.....I have no issue with it .

Oh and just so that you know......more than half of heterosexual marriages end in divorce.....seems like those wanting to keep the sanctity of marriage has little problem destroying it on a daily basis....

thanks

#3276930 - 06/27/13 11:24 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: stik]
Bone Collector
14 Point

Ditto this^^^^ we are more screwed with the deficit. this is just a smoke screen to keep you focused on something other than that.

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
General James Mattis

#3276934 - 06/27/13 11:31 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: DirtyBear0311]
recurve60#
4 Point

Loc: Rock Island

Lets just all go gay, that way the human race will be extinct in 80yrs.

#3276935 - 06/27/13 11:33 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Bone Collector]
rdl65
8 Point

Loc: Washington County

The live and let live mentality has brought this once Proud Nation to its knees.

#3276940 - 06/27/13 11:39 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Equality means that no one can refuse to bake a cake for a gay wedding just for the reason that they are gay, like they can not be allowed to not bake a cake for a black wedding or a muslim wedding because of their prejudices......that is discrimination.

If you walked in to a gay owned establishment to eat and they refused to serve you because they know you are anti-gay, would you be screaming discrimination? I would be.

Well if I owned a cake shop or business and it is my name on the business license.... it should be my decision as to who I serve based on my personal beliefs.... Loss of some business you say... well maybe so, but it is my choice and I have to deal with the income loss....

And based on my beliefs.... if I knew it was a gay owned establishment.... I wouldn't be in there anyway.

#3276949 - 06/27/13 11:45 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
de novo
10 Point

Hopefully, you see the hypocrisy of your post. Land of the free unless you are a cake maker?

So in your free Amerika it's OK to force Americans to engage in an act they do not approve or condone. Where is your freedom rant when the government forces every citizen to buy health insurance?

Actually, freedom means you can bake anything you want for anyone you want. Or you can freely choose to not bake anything.

#3276955 - 06/27/13 11:54 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: recurve60#]
Hangnail
12 Point

BH, I'm all for everyone getting screwed by the government at every turn with the same voracity and velocity. I can't wait for the blubbering when the gays start breaking up and it costs one of them half of everything they own. Welcome to the real world.

Honestly, there are untold numbers of issues that are more important to the country than gays being allowed to give up their freedom via marriage. I hope when the gayness of America starts costing us money, you'll be the first to acknowledge it. And trust me, at some point it will be a taxpayer issue.

#3276956 - 06/27/13 11:56 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: MUP]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

Originally Posted By: MUP

After reading this thread and the many responses, I have but one thing left to add....this, that I truly believe that some of us see the ever increasing decline of our nation, and the root causes of it, and want to fight it to the very end in an attempt to save the "country" we grew up with and that of our Fathers. While others, seem to have the "live and let live"...regardless of if it destroys everything this nation was built upon. It doesn't take much over an elementary education to figure this out imo. There is still one side or the other to stand on, and we've declared which side we will stand on...all of us, either by action, or inaction. Good day.

Amen MUP. Those who don't stand for anything will fall for every thing.

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

#3276969 - 06/27/13 12:07 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Next they will be telling people who they can fall in love with and even associate with.

All people want is equal rights. You believe that they are throwing up in your face simply because you do not believe in it....

What do you think non-religious people or even religious people that are not christians think about the amount of christ based material everywhere......? Do you think that christians are too dominate in today's society? I have not seen anywhere that Bibles were being burned or churches being torn down.....Chrisitanity is not in trouble, imo.

Just allow others to enjoy life here on this planet for the short time they are here and we will all get along....marriage just happens to be something that they feel like they are entitled to do.....I have no issue with it .

Oh and just so that you know......more than half of heterosexual marriages end in divorce.....seems like those wanting to keep the sanctity of marriage has little problem destroying it on a daily basis....

thanks

Blah bla blah blah... I'm better than you knuckle-draggers... Blah bla blah blah... My intellect is superior to your thoughts... Blah bla blah blah... Just join us, it will be easier on you in the end... Blah bla blah blah...

Self Sanctimonious= Liberal= Socialist

#3276974 - 06/27/13 12:11 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: de novo]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Two things here.

I do not care what others do in their PRIVATE lives but at the same time I do not want them to push it in my face.

The question here is marriage. What is marriage?? But more to the point what is LEGAL marriage??? Isn't this what they wanted, legal marriage? Some people think it will not affect them but it will in Social Security, health care and other things where "legal marriage" comes into play with the numbers. Doesn't mater if you are gay or not it WILL affect you down the road.

The other thing is if you open a business to the GENERAL POPULATION you cannot discriminate against them. If a gay couple wants to buy a wedding cake from your bake shop you CANNOT turn them down because they are gay. You can refuse them if they are not wearing shirt or shoes etc ( that s a health issue in your baking business) but not because they are gay.

#3276982 - 06/27/13 12:21 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
rdl65
8 Point

Loc: Washington County

Originally Posted By: Grizzly Johnson

Well if I owned a cake shop or business and it is my name on the business license.... it should be my decision as to who I serve based on my personal beliefs.... Loss of some business you say... well maybe so, but it is my choice and I have to deal with the income loss....

And based on my beliefs.... if I knew it was a gay owned establishment.... I wouldn't be in there anyway.

I think they should have to post a sign if they employ queers. That way I could choose not to eat there. I will not eat anywhere I know or suspect has a queer working there. I know I may not be able to spot all of them but I can usually pick them out.

#3276992 - 06/27/13 12:32 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
MUP
Non-Typical

Speaking of the cake controversy...

Once again, Christianity is under attack by the Homosexual Lobby.

A Colorado baker made the dire mistake of refusing to supply his services for a homosexual "wedding" ceremony because of his religious beliefs.

Instead of just asking a different bakery, radical homosexual activists are using the government to force this small business to comply.

And the liberal ACLU is holding nothing back in attacking Jack Phillips, owner of Masterpiece Cakeshop, simply for exercising his rights as a private business owner.

Under Colorado's version of the Gay Bill of Special Rights, there is nothing that provides religious protections for private businesses.

Now the Colorado Attorney General has filed a complaint against Mr. Phillips which could cost him thousands of dollars in fines and even jail time!

Time and time again, we see radical homosexual activists attacking Christian business owners.

And if they don't get what they want, they threaten legal action with potentially thousands of dollars in fines.

It's clear now more than ever; the Homosexual Lobby is working to punish each and every Christian business owner who doesn't submit to their lifestyle.

Stephen , making an individual choose between their wallets and their religious beliefs is just plain wrong and intolerable.

But that's a choice same-sex "marriage" is forcing on those who have traditional pro-Family values.

The radical homosexuals and liberal bureaucrats are attempting to make examples of small business owners like Mr. Phillips and anyone else who believes in Christian morals.

These lawsuits have been happening across the nation in liberal states with Gay Bill of Special Rights laws.

Last year, New Mexico fined the local owners of a photography studio $7,000 for refusing to provide their services to a lesbian couple.

Stories like these are happening everywhere.

That is why you and I must stop the Gay Bill of Special Rights from becoming federal law.

If the Gay Bill of Special Rights were to become law, federal officials would raid and fine small businesses across the country for daring to stand up for their moral values.

#3276993 - 06/27/13 12:34 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Kimber45]
Brisco Darlin
10 Point

Loc: East Tn.

With ALL due respect - the stupidest thing I've read in a while!

At the beginning, middle and end of the day - you can babble on justifying most anything up to taking lives if you talk enough however.....

Right is RIGHT

Wrong is WRONG

People of the same sex being married is WRONG!
best post by far.

#3277007 - 06/27/13 12:51 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Brisco Darlin]
farmin68
16 Point

Loc: In a tree clinging to my guns ...

I don't directly support gay rights, but, as long as it is done within the constraints of the law, I do support the right for everyone to choose how to live their lives.

God put us here as free moral agents and it's up to each of us to decide if and how we obey Him. History has repeatedly shown us we can only go so far in legislating morality without oppressing the people.

#3277042 - 06/27/13 01:38 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: farmin68]
DirtyBear0311
8 Point

content Online
Alright folks, here it is. I put this post up initially because I value the opinions of the people on this site. Almost everyone on here generally has the same way of thinking that I do with the exception of this topic. And that is why I posted it so that I could get peoples feedback and re-evaluate what I think. So thank you everyone for responding to me and for the ensuing debate. Sorry if the topic was something that you didnt agree with and you thought it was stupid but none-the-less, it was what I thought and I wanted yalls opinion on it.

Well after reading every last post on here and doing a lot of thinking and a lot of praying I have come up with something. What I realized is that what I think in terms of the rights of people in this country dont mean squat. All that it really boils down to is that I am a Christian first and an American second. I will do my best to do Gods will in everything in life and supporting gays getting married is not His will (I think. I dont presume to know His will). I trust in Gods plan for me and for our country and I now realize that anything against His will is an attack on our country. I found it very interesting and informative about the whole "separation of church and state" thing that yall informed me of and that has also helped to shift my views. In the past ive been leading a life where I tried to keep God and my country separate as far as legal matters go but I now see where I was wrong in thinking that. I wholeheartedly believe that if this nation were to be one that truly acted as though we are of God (which we are) then we all would be so much better off. So [censored] the whole notion of "separation of church and state" and even if it were true, [censored] it anyways.

I know this is a long post and for those still with me, thank you. This is why I love this site and the people on it. Thank all of you for helping to influence me and get me back on the right path. I hope that none of yall think me any less for my original thoughts or treat me any different in the future. If you do well then ohh well I suppose. I wont worry myself too much with it. But either way, thanks again everyone.

#3277047 - 06/27/13 01:46 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: farmin68]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Good Lord I need my own Island!

I can tell you right now if I get it, Homo's, baby-killers, liberals, worthless, cheaters, unions, drug dealers, thugs of any race, gang bangers, politicians, lawyers, government - will NOT be allowed - That WILL be Law! Race wont matter! I will be in charge and if you don't like that - start swimming

#3277048 - 06/27/13 01:48 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: DirtyBear0311]
de novo
10 Point

Often times football coaches say they promote:
1. God,
2. Family,
3. Football (in that order).

Likewise, this country was founded on principles based on faith, love of country, and family. Gay marriage/ lifestyle directly undermines two of the three, IMO.

#3277053 - 06/27/13 01:57 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: stik]
Master Chief
10 Point

Loc: Henderson County

sleepy Online

x2

I'm glad they can do what they want..

Just because something is wrong in your eyes doesn't make it wrong. I believe it is wrong, but I'm not the most important person ever like you guys are.

PETA truely thinks hunting is wrong.. should it be outlawed because of what they think?

Stop whining and live life.

Don't go ridin' on that long black train ;\)

#3277060 - 06/27/13 02:05 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

thanks

What country are you living in? Free to what?

Free to form a conservative group without govt. persecution? - No
Free to defend yourself when your head is being beaten against a sidewalk? - NO
Free to send you children to public school without some pervert teaching them how to masturbate someone of the same sex? - NO
Free to serve in the military and be an "Openly Christian" without persecution- NO
Free to choose your own Dr and keep your healthcare - NO
Free to buy a 16 oz softdrink? - NO
Free to admit to using an UN PC term 26 years ago? - NO

I'm not sure what "FREE" you are talking about unless it's a FREE cell phone

#3277061 - 06/27/13 02:07 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Crappie Luck]
pastorbmp
10 Point

thanks

What country are you living in? Free to what?

Free to form a conservative group without govt. persecution? - No
Free to defend yourself when your head is being beaten against a sidewalk? - NO
Free to send you children to public school without some pervert teaching them how to masturbate someone of the same sex? - NO
Free to serve in the military and be an "Openly Christian" without persecution- NO
Free to choose your own Dr and keep your healthcare - NO
Free to buy a 16 oz softdrink? - NO
Free to admit to using an UN PC term 26 years ago? - NO

I'm not sure what "FREE" you are talking about unless it's a FREE cell phone

Great Post!!!!! Freedom to liberals is a one way street. We are free to agree with them, but not free to believe, practice and proclaim what we believe.

#3277064 - 06/27/13 02:08 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Master Chief]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

The problem is that they, homos, peta, aclu, fill in the liberal blank, DO want to owtlaw what they don't think is right.

I have not read a single post where anyone said we should outlaw homosexuality.

#3277066 - 06/27/13 02:09 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Master Chief]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Loc: TN, Sumner, Hendersonville

My only issue is in some public schools teachers are telling students that they can be curious about their sexuality.
They are pushing that because for years they taught sex education and everything was about a man and a woman.
If they keep it under wraps like the average married couple does good for them.
Most gay and lesbians have rallies and crap and they try to teach the young kids that it's ok to be gay.

My big reason for not wanting to make it legal is it then helps justify kids that's it ok to be gay.
I don't want my kids to go to hell because people are telling them it's ok to be gay, it's accepted.

As far as the PETA thing. They try their hardest to get hunting banned anywhere they can.
They can fight for their beliefs i'm going to fight for mine.

The reason obama got in office again... hundreds of thousands of christians sat back and said we don't need to argue and fight with them... then he got elected again.

If gays didn't make such a big deal about it, it wouldn't be an issue but they rally more than tree huggers used to.

So I fight for my beliefs just like they do.

#3277067 - 06/27/13 02:10 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Loc: TN, Sumner, Hendersonville

The problem is that they, homos, peta, aclu, fill in the liberal blank, DO want to owtlaw what they don't think is right.

I think homosexuals being married and being able to have benefits should be banned but I know it won't happen these days.

#3277072 - 06/27/13 02:16 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: 89cherokeelimited]
preds1
12 Point

Loc: Sumner County

Originally Posted By: 89cherokeelimited

I think homosexuals being married and being able to have benefits should be banned but I know it won't happen these days.

"WASHINGTON -- The Defense Department said Wednesday it would immediately begin the process that will lead to providing benefits to the spouses of military servicemembers in same-sex marriages.

The announcement follows the Supreme Court ruling striking down part of a law that denied federal benefits to married same-sex couples.

"The Department of Defense intends to make the same benefits available to all military spouses -- regardless of sexual orientation -- as soon as possible," Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said in a prepared statement.

The benefits include medical care, housing allowance and internment at Arlington National Cemetery.

"We'll follow the law of the land and the law of the law has just changed," Army Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said at a Pentagon press briefing.

The Pentagon said it has not yet determined how much the changes will cost taxpayers."

Edited by preds1 (06/27/13 02:22 PM)

http://youtu.be/pqICP295APA

#3277075 - 06/27/13 02:19 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: preds1]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

We were all invited to a big party, served, what looked like a burger, bit into it and found out it was a chit sandwich.

If I was in the army I'd go AWOL.

I think it was Crappie Luck that said, a while back, that the military should not be a petri dish for social experiments.

#3277092 - 06/27/13 02:35 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Bone Collector
14 Point

Earlier I said we have much bigger issues in this country and WE are not going to get them worked out politically, with or without a Republican president. WE are greatly out numbered now, and it is getting worse everyday with no end or resolution in sight other than one, but I won't talk about that online. I couldn't post earlier as I was too busy so i left a one liner, but....

Personally, I think they should be able to have a UNION, as in go to the court house and get hitched. That can be recognized by the state IF the state so chooses to recognize gay UNIONS, but the one thing that bothers me about this, is I KNOW they will try to force inclusion-ism and try to get the states or fed to force churches to MARRY them, which should not be allowed. Churches are private and have the right to deny membership to people if they do not follow certain beliefs. Marriage is a ritual performed usually by a member of a church and is union recognized by God and state. Being that God is not in favor of this lifestyle, I would have to be 100% against them being able to be MARRIED.

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
General James Mattis

#3277098 - 06/27/13 02:38 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
WRbowhunter
8 Point

Loc: collierville,tn

I don't really care what people do as long as its within the law. You can be with the same sex or shoot spikes(same difference LOL). However in this Hunting club we call the USA we have a set of standards that we were founded on and the majority of the members beleive in. If you do not agree with those standards you have the option of finding another hunting club. You can always try to change the standards but I also have the right to fight you at every turn to make sure the standrards that I beleive in stay that way.

#3277103 - 06/27/13 02:45 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Bone Collector]
Bone Collector
14 Point

One other thing to add, states rights will most likely get trampled as usual in this. thee state has the right to say yes or no to gay marriage, not the fed, and not the supreme court.

That being said, I know for a fact that more states allow you to marry your first cousin than states that allow gay marriage.

that is pretty sick \:D

General James Mattis

#3277111 - 06/27/13 02:51 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Bone Collector]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

It's not about gay rights. It's all abut tearing down Christian and western culture.
They don't want what you have. They just don't want you to have it at all.

#3277114 - 06/27/13 02:55 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: WRbowhunter]
Master Chief
10 Point

Loc: Henderson County

sleepy Online
 Originally Posted By: WRbowhunter
I don't really care what people do as long as its within the law. You can be with the same sex or shoot spikes(same difference LOL). However in this Hunting club we call the USA we have a set of standards that we were founded on and the majority of the members beleive in. If you do not agree with those standards you have the option of finding another hunting club. You can always try to change the standards but I also have the right to fight you at every turn to make sure the standrards that I beleive in stay that way.

Haha.. it isn't really even a hunt club. Most members only joined to talk politics, not deer.

Don't go ridin' on that long black train ;\)

#3277149 - 06/27/13 03:43 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Master Chief]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

more of that "Land of the Free" stuff

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/06/26/d...oning-god-78674

#3277158 - 06/27/13 04:04 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Crappie Luck]
Bone Collector
14 Point

More like land of the oppressed..... The biggest mistake state govts. made was getting into bed with the fed and then allowing them to make demands for their money.

General James Mattis

#3277161 - 06/27/13 04:10 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Bone Collector]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Polygamists nationwide are cheering the Supreme Court’s rulings on Wednesday, which paved the way for gay marriage in California and federal recognition for married same-sex couples.

“I was very glad,” polygamist Anne Wilde told Buzzfeed on Wednesday. “The nuclear family, with a dad and a mom and two or three kids, is not the majority anymore. Now it’s grandparents taking care of kids, single parents, gay parents. I think people are more and more understanding that as consenting adults, we should be able to raise a family however we choose.”

Joe Darger, a Utah-based polygamist who has three wives, told Buzzfeed that the court “has taken a step in correcting some inequality, and that’s certainly something that’s going to trickle down and impact us.”

Anita Wagner Illig, head of the group Practical Polyamory, told U.S. News & World Report that the Supreme Court had set a welcome precedent.

“We polyamorists are grateful to our brothers and sisters for blazing the marriage equality trail,” she said. “I would absolutely want to seek multi-partner marriage — it would eliminate a common challenge polyamorists face when two [people] are legally married and others in their group relationships aren’t part of that marriage.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/27/polygamists-hope-supreme-court-rulings-will-pave-w/

#3277162 - 06/27/13 04:11 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Crappie Luck]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

All about weakening the military/USA.... first it was lowering the number of nukes the US has by 30$, then the Army being cut, now it deals with the Marines.... You just wait.... we will be invaded in our near future I am afraid.

#3277164 - 06/27/13 04:15 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Invaded? They've already sent 12 million.

You mean there are MORE?

#3277168 - 06/27/13 04:19 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: DirtyBear0311]
landman
8 Point

Loc: TN & Western KY

Its like soooo many great TV shows think they have to be in the "IN" crowd so they put a gay couple on the show...kills it for me every time, but I bet Old Phil won't be having it on his show

http://www.JimmySettleLand.com

#3277192 - 06/27/13 04:40 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: landman]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Originally Posted By: landman
Its like soooo many great TV shows think they have to be in the "IN" crowd so they put a gay couple on the show...kills it for me every time, but I bet Old Phil won't be having it on his show

Did you not see the episode where the gay guy came over to take the dogs pics with Phil & Mrs. Kay?

#3277218 - 06/27/13 05:00 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
CountryBoy053
8 Point

Loc: Blount Co., TN

I'm sorry, but gay marriage/relationships/what ever you want to call it just aint right. Man and woman were made to perfectly join together. It's sickening to think about and even worse to even see fags holding hands or and pda. This type of stuff should not be around.
God made adam and eve, not adam and steve.

I'm sick and tired of always hearing about gays on the radio. on the news. on tv shows. and facebook.

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice

#3277219 - 06/27/13 05:07 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: CountryBoy053]
Hangnail
12 Point

Is there anything more gay than Facebook?
#3277226 - 06/27/13 05:14 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Hangnail]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

LOL!!!!!

#3277227 - 06/27/13 05:14 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Crappie Luck]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Oh Please!!! That's not the "free" he was talking about.

#3277247 - 06/27/13 05:31 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
deerhunter10
10 Point

Loc: maury county tn

highly against gay marriage! I do not want my future kids growing up seeing that its ok to marry the same sex because it just is not ok. it goes against my religion and just is wrong.in my eyes. and no one will ever change that opinion I have. you cant change what the word of the bible says.

#3277249 - 06/27/13 05:36 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
NBF7240
8 Point

Loc: Tn

Okay marriage comes from the bible and is a religious ceremony performed usually in a church....right

The bible and most religion condemns homosexuality....right

So why would a gay couple want to be united in a ceremony that is holy, biblical, and religious?

It reminds me of this fat guy that went to weight watcher meetings in order to eat the low calorie cookies.

Facebook Collins Farm Beef

#3277255 - 06/27/13 05:42 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: NBF7240]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: NBF7240
Okay marriage comes from the bible and is a religious ceremony performed usually in a church....right

The bible and most religion condemns homosexuality....right

So why would a gay couple want to be united in a ceremony that is holy, biblical, and religious?

It reminds me of this fat guy that went to weight watcher meetings in order to eat the low calorie cookies.

Why were Churches in DC ringing their bells after the SCUTOS ruling?
Because church nor religion means "God".

Both are social activities. Faith is of the heart \:\)

#3277275 - 06/27/13 05:57 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Crappie Luck]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

content Online
I have thoroughly enjoyed this entire thread. From it, I have learned a great deal about those who posted.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#3277276 - 06/27/13 05:57 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Crappie Luck]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Dang Crappie!!! You are smokin on ALL topics right now.

Good for you!!!

#3277281 - 06/27/13 06:03 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: DirtyBear0311]
DBLAARCHERY
Woodpile Boys Neighbor
14 Point

Loc: Cannon County Outback

WHAT does it mean to be a Christian? Today, among professed Christians—even among those sharing the same pews—one can find a wide range of views on such subjects as the one brought up in this thread...Attitudes about homosexuality may differ from one generation to another or from one land to another. But Christians aren’t “carried hither and thither by every wind of teaching.” (Ephesians 4:14)

The Bible makes it clear that God designed sex to be engaged in only between a male and a female and only within the arrangement of marriage. (Genesis 1:27, 28; Leviticus 18:22; Proverbs 5:18, 19) When the Bible condemns fornication, it is referring to both homosexual and illicit heterosexual conduct. Galatians 5:19-21.

You can not compare human rights, politics, and bible principles...They do not compare to what Our creator thinks...Bible principles should come first in all our lives...Before politics, Human rights, and our own interests.....

This is just my opinion backed by bible facts \:\)

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day...Teach him how to fish and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day!

#3277289 - 06/27/13 06:15 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Dang Crappie!!! You are smokin on ALL topics right now.

Good for you!!!

\:D I slept at a Holiday Inn last night

#3277298 - 06/27/13 06:33 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: DBLAARCHERY]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Originally Posted By: DBLAARCHERY
WHAT does it mean to be a Christian? Today, among professed Christians—even among those sharing the same pews—one can find a wide range of views on such subjects as the one brought up in this thread...Attitudes about homosexuality may differ from one generation to another or from one land to another. But Christians aren’t “carried hither and thither by every wind of teaching.” (Ephesians 4:14)

The Bible makes it clear that God designed sex to be engaged in only between a male and a female and only within the arrangement of marriage. (Genesis 1:27, 28; Leviticus 18:22; Proverbs 5:18, 19) When the Bible condemns fornication, it is referring to both homosexual and illicit heterosexual conduct. Galatians 5:19-21.

You can not compare human rights, politics, and bible principles...They do not compare to what Our creator thinks...Bible principles should come first in all our lives...Before politics, Human rights, and our own interests.....

The modern day Christian makes rules for themselves. I hear catholics condone homosexuality all the time. So much that my ex church's priest telling school kids that there is nothing wrong with a homosexual.
I work with a couple of 'Catho-Libs' that talk about how cute their gay couple friends are and how her and her husband would rather spend time with them than their 'straight' friends.

No, there's nothing wrong with having a gay friend but for the sake of details I will just say she shouldn't wear the catholic flag on her sleeve right under the rainbow pride flag.

#3277303 - 06/27/13 06:51 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Hangnail
12 Point

Women like gay men because the gay guys don't look at them in the same way straight men do. Gay men aren't attracted to women. Straight guys are attracted to straight and lesbian women, if the package is right. I know this because I've had a number of women tell me it's true. Most of the time, women ain't all about free milk and a cow. Straight guys like milk. Figure it out.

Pic, I think the woman you spoke of has confidence issues.

#3277311 - 06/27/13 07:06 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Hangnail]
Camp David
12 Point

I can't believe this topic title came up on my favorite web site. I'd expect it on garden web or anywhere else, but not here.

#3277317 - 06/27/13 07:13 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Camp David]
Hangnail
12 Point

Camp David, why should it suprise you? We've got Facebooker's on here. It's all downhill from here. We'll be catch and release deer hunting before it's over.

Edited by Hangnail (06/27/13 07:39 PM)

#3277323 - 06/27/13 07:24 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: DBLAARCHERY]
knightrider
12 Point

Loc: tn

AMEN brother

#3277324 - 06/27/13 07:25 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Hangnail]
CountryBoy053
8 Point

Loc: Blount Co., TN

just on there to keep in contact with family who doesn't live here. And cousins that are over seas.

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice

#3277329 - 06/27/13 07:38 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: bowriter]
BlountArrow
8 Point

Originally Posted By: bowriter
I have thoroughly enjoyed this entire thread. From it, I have learned a great deal about those who posted.

Been thinking the same all day...

#3277331 - 06/27/13 07:41 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Hangnail]
redblood
16 Point

content Online

the answer is NO!!

#3277333 - 06/27/13 07:42 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Hangnail]
BlountArrow
8 Point

Nope. Well there might be something but it escapes me.

#3277361 - 06/27/13 08:37 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: redblood]
PcDeer
4 Point

Loc: Linden, Tn

I agree with this 100% Sadly its probably no longer popular opinion but I do not believe gays should be allowed to enter into marriage and I do not believe they should be allowed to adopt children.

#3277384 - 06/27/13 09:04 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Hangnail]
Camp David
12 Point

Camp David, why should it suprise you? We've got Facebooker's on here. It's all downhill from here. We'll be catch and release deer hunting before it's over.

So, I'll ask the question. Are there gay hunters?

I'm not asking him/her to come out, but just wonder if that's possible.

#3277406 - 06/27/13 09:27 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Camp David]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

If there are gay football players I'm sure there is a gay hunter. The problem for the gay hunter is that he will be scoffed at by his gay friends because it's SOOO not part of the pro-gay, anti-hunting, dog-rescuing, paper-repurposing, vegan, baby-killing, liberal litnus (sp) test.

Therefore, he will not be accepted into their borg honeycomb.

#3277408 - 06/27/13 09:29 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

But since you are asking... I am a lesbian at heart.

#3277411 - 06/27/13 09:35 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Camp David]
TNRazorback
6 Point

Loc: Tipton County, TN

Lots of redneck, truck driving, husky, spitting, cussing, barrel-chested gay folks that hunt and fish. They're called lesbians.
#3277437 - 06/27/13 10:19 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: redblood]
DBLAARCHERY
Woodpile Boys Neighbor
14 Point

Loc: Cannon County Outback

the answer is NO!!
Come on...Go to my page and tell me thats gay!

Aaron Land or if its too gay look me up on youtube...I will be the one holding the fish \:\)

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day...Teach him how to fish and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day!

#3277443 - 06/27/13 10:26 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: DBLAARCHERY]
Hangnail
12 Point

I've never seen a bull dyke in camo. I'm kinda lucky that way...
#3277446 - 06/27/13 10:33 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Kimber45]
Roost 1
10 Point

Loc: KY

JMO

Thanks Kimber!

\:\)
No I don't believe Christians have a monopoly on morals however I do guess I see Right/Wrong in a different manner than the majority does today.. and is that partly based on Christian values and things I learned growing up in Church - Yes.
Beyond that though, I cant help but believe that I'm on track with what is going on with this nation going down the sewer pipe in regards to making things that were Wrong or Not Ok before, Ok now in a sense that it will demoralize this nation as a whole. At this point we have a woman prepared to run for President who's husband was President and was caught with his pants down in the oval office.... Years ago - they'd have been told to shut up and get out where now, "oh hey, it's cool"... and we should still teach our children to respect what these people say???
And, we now have leadership, who for the betterment of the nation in his views, is fine with girls killing babies from the day of conception via a pill all the way out to half way thru a pregnancy - should we teach our kids to respect his views?
I guess I'm VERY old school but if I were running the show we'd all pay for what we received, we'd all be held accountable for our actions, we'd all work unless we were TRULY disabled, AND, We'd be a Nation Under God and the option would be, if you cant live with those simple rules Get Out of this Country \:\)

I wish more folks felt this way!!!!!

Z7extreme
Savage 10ML 2
Remington 700P

#3277464 - 06/27/13 11:32 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Roost 1]
WGK
WILD BILL
12 Point

Loc: loudon

I had to go to the grocery this evening as I walked in there was a news paper stand with coppies of USA Today. On the front page was a large picture of to men kissing.
I thought how has our country regressed to this. IT JUST MAKES ME SICK. I honestly can't think of a time in my life when our country has reached such a low point.

#3277477 - 06/28/13 12:10 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: WGK]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: WGK
I had to go to the grocery this evening as I walked in there was a news paper stand with coppies of USA Today. On the front page was a large picture of to men kissing.
I thought how has our country regressed to this. IT JUST MAKES ME SICK. I honestly can't think of a time in my life when our country has reached such a low point.

Jan 20, 2009

#3277500 - 06/28/13 04:09 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: TAFKAP]
Paul Burns
TnDeer Old Timer
8 Point

Loc: Westport--- Carroll County Tn

A person either belives and tries to follow what the bible teaches OR not.
You or either for me or against me He said.
A christian person cannot go against the word and still be called a follower of Christ.
A person can change, but to be a follower he must submit to Gods will and do as directed.

We can think and do as WE wish, we are granted that as free moral agents---------But does it follow His will for us.

Re Why I do not support "GAY RIGHTS" Paul

Edited by Paul Burns (06/28/13 04:16 AM)

#3277531 - 06/28/13 06:32 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Paul Burns]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

What kind of water head ASKS the government into their lives???
What kind of double mental midget asks the government into their private personal bedroom lives???

That right there should tell you something about the mental disorder of the gay community.

I and most of America don't really care what someone does in their private bedroom lives as long as it is between consenting Adults and I don't have to know about it, be involved in any way, or pay for it.

Where America has gone off its rocker is believing the LIE that every stupid little issue is a RIGHTS issue and needs the government to be involved.

Nowhere in the Constitution does it say anything about a RIGHT to .... healthcare, marriage, gay marriage, abortion, housing loans, student loans, lifestyle, other peoples money.....

The list is insane and most of it boils down to THEFT. Using government to steal something you didn't earn, don't qualify for, or don't belong to.

Thats my .02 Now I am going to sue the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders for discrimination for excluding an old grumpy white guy from the all girl dressing room. I want equal rights!!
\:D

#3277562 - 06/28/13 07:18 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: fishboy1]
MUP
Non-Typical

Now THAT'S it in a nutshell fb! ;\)

#3277581 - 06/28/13 08:10 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: fishboy1]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Originally Posted By: fishboy1
What kind of double mental midget asks the government into their private personal bedroom lives???

That right there should tell you something about the mental disorder of the gay community.

I and most of America don't really care what someone does in their private bedroom lives as long as it is between consenting Adults and I don't have to know about it, be involved in any way, or pay for it.

Where America has gone off its rocker is believing the LIE that every stupid little issue is a RIGHTS issue and needs the government to be involved.

Nowhere in the Constitution does it say anything about a RIGHT to .... healthcare, marriage, gay marriage, abortion, housing loans, student loans, lifestyle, other peoples money.....

The list is insane and most of it boils down to THEFT. Using government to steal something you didn't earn, don't qualify for, or don't belong to.

Thats my .02 Now I am going to sue the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders for discrimination for excluding an old grumpy white guy from the all girl dressing room. I want equal rights!!

You will win the case, a lot easier, if you claim you are simply a cheerleader in a man's body and no one understands how you feel. You will have instant access and even a gubment grant to pay for your outings.

#3277779 - 06/28/13 12:56 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: BlountArrow]
leader
16 Point

Loc: Knox

Originally Posted By: BlountArrow
 Originally Posted By: bowriter

Been thinking the same all day...

X3

#3277786 - 06/28/13 01:03 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
fishboy1
16 Point

You will win the case, a lot easier, if you claim you are simply a cheerleader in a man's body and no one understands how you feel. You will have instant access and even a gubment grant to pay for your outings.

Why should I have to go to that trouble? I'm being discriminated against!!! Now that everything is a "right", I think I have a right to look at store bought boobies and nobody should be allowed to say anything about it!! Dang racists...uh sexists....uh...mammary haters!!!

\:D \:D

#3278175 - 06/28/13 10:07 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: DBLAARCHERY]
redblood
16 Point

content Online

the answer is NO!!
Come on...Go to my page and tell me thats gay!

Aaron Land or if its too gay look me up on youtube...I will be the one holding the fish \:\)

soon as my boyfriend leaves i will put on my pink snuggy and take a look.

#3278209 - 06/28/13 11:04 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: EastTNHunter]
Locksley
16 Point

Originally Posted By: EastTNHunter
What about the fact that there are several religions who are sitting and waiting on this to go down to take up the polygamy cause now?

What about the "gender confusion" argument that people are raising in sports (and other functions) that state that a person wanting to compete in sports should be able to compete in whatever gender affiliation of sports that they choose, male or female?

What about the sudden "gender rights" that occur now in hiring practices for religious or non-profit organizations who are farced to hire and recognize this lifestyle as legitimate? This also spills over into the private sector, in general, where hiring a flamboyant gay person in many jobs can have a strongly negative impact on business, but we cannot discriminate based on gender.

These, and the ever-growing benefits issues that are brought up that will cost our government and services companies billions in expenses, which will be passed along to the consumer (read: "me and you") make this a financial mess that has no end. The legitimate family unit uses insurance and other benefits out of necessity, and no other "couple" or "union" that falls outside of this should have access to these.

And to compare a legitimate marriage with a health constraint to a lifestyle that is not natural and cannot produce is shameful, at best.

I see the weird liberal group defend the homosexuals with every twisted logic they can come up with . Yet if I express any belief in GOD I am banned from most websites just because I say GOD was against gay rights . Just look at this twisted political correct nonsense I see unchallenged on Facebook and other media sites around.

QUOTE Rich Lowry predictably attacked Justice Kennedy over yesterday's gay marriage ruling, calling him him out for his contempt of opponents of same-sex marriage . I couldn't resist posting the following comment:

"For someone so often claiming to be a strict Constitutionalist, Lowry's Constitutional flexibility amazes me.

We are governed by the Constitution. The Constitution is Man's law, not God's. There is no enumerated federal power concerning marriage in the Constitution, and the Tenth Amendment leaves all unenumerated powers to the states or the people. So any federal law or regulation about marriage is clearly unconstitutional.

On the other hand, the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments guarantee equality under the law, the Supremacy Clause trumps all state laws, and all state officials swear to uphold the Constitution. Therefore all state laws forbidding equal protection, like same-sex marriage, are unconstitutional.

Thus the arguments Lowry, Scalia, Bachmann et al make about marriage are entirely beside the point. That is probably why they make them, the Constitution clearly not supporting their position. They should be ashamed of themselves--if they have any shame." Republicans are now insisting the fight against gay marriage will simply move to the states. But while doing so will be politically useful, it will be as hopeless a cause as DOMA as long as the states and their legislators are bound by the Constitution and the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments guarantee equal protection under the law. All in all, the gay marriage meme is a good illustration of how the Right lies to and manipulates its followers as a means of gaining their support for its economic goals. Think about all the teachers who could be hired with the money the Republicans will spend this way.https://www.facebook.com/andrew.reinbach

Edited by Locksley (06/28/13 11:12 PM)

#3278326 - 06/29/13 08:40 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Brisco Darlin]
eweisner
8 Point

Loc: Portland, TN

This whole conversation is a perfect example of what is being talked about. The views and beliefs of a few are causing the rest of us to get our tails tied in a knot.

http://confessionsofanovicebowhunter.wordpress.com

#3278424 - 06/29/13 11:55 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Crappie Luck]
REM7
10 Point

Loc: GRUNDY COUNTY

It's not about gay rights. It's all abut tearing down Christian and western culture.
They don't want what you have. They just don't want you to have it at all.

That illustration sums it all up. My dad and I spoke on a few topics including thise one. He said in the 60s there was queers but mostly behind closed doors. Also back then there was no chance a black muslim would be leader of the free world or that we would ever be invaded or attacked again. He said that all went to hell in a hand basket. Queers can marry, Obama is prez and foreigners are moving in by the millions and even killing our own people and the Govt are taxing and taking away our rights daily. He said death is nothing he fears anymore cause he already lives in a earthly HELL!

#3278485 - 06/29/13 01:38 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: BSK]
BigM
6 Point

Loc: Arlington, Tennessee

Well said.

Yes to all of this...you win the Internet.

#3278783 - 06/29/13 10:03 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: BigM]
Locksley
16 Point

Originally Posted By: BigM

Well said.

Yes to all of this...you win the Internet.

They want all the rights not equal rights .

#3278805 - 06/29/13 10:52 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: DirtyBear0311]
Tracker
6 Point

Loc: South Fulton,TN. USA

Gay marriage is WRONG!!!! Two men cant make a baby from each others Butthole!!!!!!! Two women cant make a baby from each others vagina!!!!!!! Therefore gay marriage is an abomination against God!!!!!!!

#3278825 - 06/30/13 12:50 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: DirtyBear0311]
Snake
16 Point

Loc: McMinn Co.Tennessee U.S.

I sit here and write this knowing that ill probably take a lot of flak for this but here it goes anyway. Ill start by saying that I am an ardent conservative and a very strong christian who has an amazing relationship with Christ. With that being said, I also consider myself a patriot who fought for the rights of the people of this great country. And here is where things take a turn from the normal. I believe in equal rights for ALL citizens of America. I dont agree with the gay life-style at all. In fact, my sister struggles with it and it absolutely kills me inside. However, I also dont agree with liberals, hippies, muslims, etc yet I still respect the fact that they have all the rights that I do. I also recognize that the US has a separation of church and state (whether I think it's for the best or not is another matter) and being as it is law, I will respect it. I dont pick and choose which laws I follow and as such, I will follow them all (as long as they are constitutional). So with the separation of church and state, I thing that gay couples who are legally together in a union should have every right that my wife and I enjoy. As to what I think should be done. I think that "marriage" is a religious matter and that it is different from a civil union. I think the government should not give out marriage certificates but rather "union certificates". After the legal paperwork is done, a heterosexual couple can have their ceremony as a wedding and have it done by a certified spiritual individual while a homosexual couple can have whatever ceremony they want outside of a "marriage" ceremony. That way the gays can have equal rights according to law yet everyone else can still be married before the eyes of God. Either way it all boils down to equal rights regardless of your stupid, sinful, and wrong beliefs.

Sorry but I really don't believe in the separation of church and state , If God says it's wrong then I believe it is wrong no matter who has deemed it legal (right). I may have to obey certain laws to keep from going to jail but I had rather answer to man than God when the word plainly says it is wrong so no matter the legality of it I will never accept same sex marriage . Sodom did not seem to think it was wrong to lay with the same sex but they were destroyed so that being said I think you being a devout christian may had revisit your proclamation and I will say a prayer in your behalf !

#3278848 - 06/30/13 06:01 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Snake]
fishboy1
16 Point

I still find it funny that "constitutionalists" think "equal rights" means asking the government to codify every detail of their lives into law as a "right".

That is NOT what the Constitution is for or about.

Its about NOT NEEDING the governments PERMISSION to marry in the first place. Its NONE OF THE GOVERNMENTS BUSINESS, especially the FEDERAL government.

#3278942 - 06/30/13 09:37 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Hangnail]
BMan
16 Point

I've said it before, but I'll say it again anyway. There is nothing two men or two women can do to make their relationship a marriage. Calling it a marriage is just a packaging term used to make the issue mainstream. I don't have a problem with same sex relationships as I don't run in those circles. I do take issue with the legal inclusion of gays into the same defining terminology that has been associated with heterosexual couples for centuries. It isn't just a label.

Best post of this thread.

All the homosexual (there's nothing gay about it) advocates' actions are diminishing the value and meaning of the word marriage - they bring nothing to the table.

#3279067 - 06/30/13 02:29 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: BMan]
greygoose
6 Point

Loc: memphis

SEEN THIS TOPIC GOING ON FOR SOME DAYS NOW AND COULD NOT BRING MYSELF TO LOOK AT IT,BUT 16 PAGES IN..DANG IT HAS GOT TO BE WORTH LOOKING AT...

#3279250 - 06/30/13 07:44 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: fishboy1]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

I still find it funny that "constitutionalists" think "equal rights" means asking the government to codify every detail of their lives into law as a "right".

That is NOT what the Constitution is for or about.

Its about NOT NEEDING the governments PERMISSION to marry in the first place. Its NONE OF THE GOVERNMENTS BUSINESS, especially the FEDERAL government.

Bingo!

#3279283 - 06/30/13 08:44 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
DirtyBear0311
8 Point

content Online
I wonder if people keep coming to this topic to contest my original posting or if its to just get how they feel off their chest. Reason I wonder out loud is because since I have changed my stance on it all, I'm a little embarrassed to have the origins of this thing be under my name. To be honest, I keep hoping that this whole dang thread will die off but it seems like it ain't. Granted, I just helped keep it going but still. Either way, I'm glad I posted it since it forced me to do some soulful thinking and serious praying on it and come to a drastically different take on it all than when I started out. Just wanted to get that off my chest.

#3279284 - 06/30/13 08:44 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Jon
TnDeer Old Timer
8 Point

Loc: Warren co.

It is not natural, bottom line for me.
#3279296 - 06/30/13 09:00 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Crappie Luck]
Ckirk4bama
4 Point

Loc: Chattanooga tn

I watched ESPN this morning, they where talking about gays. What does gay marriage have to be with me wanting to know hats going on with my favorite sports team? Why can't I watch the news without liberal media showing how proud they are by showing two men kissing or interviewing two men talking about how they are proud to be gay and how they want "equal rights". I got married last October and guess what? I didn't get any media attention or interviews on major news stations, heck I didn't even get a small clip of me kissig my wide on the local news. Where are our rights as a straight couple? This stuff is a joke! They can live together, sleep together, and be on each others insurance; what else do you want a title? That's why I have to get it crammed down my throat how great homosexuals are? I always hear " let the sinless man cast the first stone." Read a little more than that in the Bible and you will find that we are to strive to be as Christ-like as possible, I sin EVERY day but I also ask God to forgive those sins and try my best not to continue to commit those same sin every day. No one is perfect the difference is wether or not you embrace your sin or recognize it and try and fix it.

#3279318 - 06/30/13 09:24 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Ckirk4bama]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

Originally Posted By: Ckirk4bama
I got married last October and guess what? I didn't get any media attention or interviews on major news stations, heck I didn't even get a small clip of me kissig my wide on the local news.

Man, that is one seriously unfortunate typo. \:D

#3279461 - 07/01/13 06:23 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Ckirk4bama]
Outdoor Enthusiast
6 Point

Loc: Carthage, TN

I watched ESPN this morning, they where talking about gays. What does gay marriage have to be with me wanting to know hats going on with my favorite sports team?

I saw the same thing. I immediately turned it off.

Afterwards, I started thinking about the fact that ESPN chose to air the story and interviews about homosexuals on Sunday morning. I saw it as a direct and purposeful attack on Christianity.

#3279468 - 07/01/13 06:42 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Outdoor Enthusiast]
Hangnail
12 Point

What the heck are the gay people going to do for attention once their lifestyle is considered mainstream by the media?

Ckirkforbama, you better hope your "wide" doesn't read that typo.

The whole gay thing and sports confuses me. There are men's and women's locker rooms so there isn't any funny business going on. I'm inclined to think the same thought went into men's and women's bathrooms. Can anyone explain why it's okay for gay men and straight men to use the same locker room? There is sexual attraction between men and women, but not gay men and men? If anyone thinks that gay men aren't attracted to other men, gay or not, they're lying to themselves and everyone else. The same thing can be said for men in the women's locker room. Not all of the women would be attractive to a guy, but there would likely be some at least some unwanted attention at the very least.

Edited by Hangnail (07/01/13 06:51 AM)

#3279479 - 07/01/13 07:03 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Hangnail]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

WHY IS IT ON ESPN?

Because ESPN is just another liberal outlet. 99% of sports reporters are huge libs too. They just happen to work sports instead of politics, etc...

The funny thing is by ESPN airing these stories their plan is to sway the opinions of all those 'MANLY' football fans. AND IT IS WORKING. The more fagism is crammed in our face the more normal it is becoming.

The irony is that we can all post how disgusted we are with ESPN but come the first Saturday in September we'll ALL forget about our morals and tune in for some football.

#3279506 - 07/01/13 07:48 AM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Hangnail
12 Point

If every tv station, retail outlet and restaurant was boycotted due to their support of gays, there'd be nowhere left to shop or skip cooking at home, except for Chick-fil-a, and they aren't open on Sunday. It is what it is, and people are going to do what they do.

As far as ESPN goes, I can't remember the last time I watched Sportscenter. All the schtick gets so old, so fast. I don't care what a group of reporters/writers have to say about anything. I watch what is interesting and that's about it. I've been watching several of the SEC football replays this past month on CSS. Yes, I'm ready for some new games.

#3280127 - 07/01/13 08:31 PM Re: Why I support gay rights [Re: AndyW]
Ckirk4bama
4 Point

Loc: Chattanooga tn

Originally Posted By: AndyW
I got married last October and guess what? I didn't get any media attention or interviews on major news stations, heck I didn't even get a small clip of me kissig my wide on the local news.

Man, that is one seriously unfortunate typo. \:D

I just literally laughed out loud! She would be all kinds of pissed about that! I make 99.9 percent of my post from my phone being as I work out of town. However, in her defense she is far from wide.

Page all of 17 12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
purrpplee, tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85
13112 Registered Users
Who's Online
5 registered (Huntinnut, Dale3, THE DUKE, Bullydog, DirtyBear0311) and 63 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13112 Members
42 Forums
89295 Topics
1044337 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.291 seconds in which 0.028 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.