Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#3273761 - 06/22/13 10:37 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: Big J]
Big J
16 Point

Loc: Joelton

Also get a blue tip light instead of red. Will save you some troubles from people fussing.

#3273823 - 06/23/13 06:05 AM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: Trapper John]
HOOK
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Rutherford County, TN

I'm not a user but my wife was until I convinced her to put them down. Sad thing about these electronic cigs is the misconception it puts out...people move towards them because they think it's a better alternative. No studies have been conducted on the long term health effects of their use. However, the truth remains that you are still putting a lot of potentially harmful foreign substances (Chemicals) into 2 sacks inside your body that are only designed to intake air. Think about it......

#3273839 - 06/23/13 07:23 AM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: HOOK]
Big J
16 Point

The only think you are taking in is nicotine, vegetable glycerin, and glycol. Which is in the food we eat. There have been studies done in Brittan. The US government has just not found a way to tax the crap out of it so they ain't saying nothing yet. There have been studies here but they can't find the sin and or study showing the risks. They have to make it bad or no big tobacco money. Cigarette smokers are on the the decline and the government don't like it.

#3273878 - 06/23/13 09:09 AM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: jos3ywales]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: jos3ywales
well there is one health effect ur missing like I found out when I got my blood clot, Nicotine causes your blood to want to clot together the nicotine gets in your blood stream and grabs blood cells and makes them clog thats why I have been trying to slow down on smoking but after 30 years of smoking man it just plain hard to do I just plain loose my mind without ciggs

Without question, nicotine itself has its health risks. I was talking more about carcinogenic properties of smoking.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3273887 - 06/23/13 09:22 AM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: HOOK]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: HOOK
I'm not a user but my wife was until I convinced her to put them down. Sad thing about these electronic cigs is the misconception it puts out...people move towards them because they think it's a better alternative. No studies have been conducted on the long term health effects of their use. However, the truth remains that you are still putting a lot of potentially harmful foreign substances (Chemicals) into 2 sacks inside your body that are only designed to intake air. Think about it......

HOOK,

Not trying to say there are NO health risks to vaping. And you are correct, no LONG TERM studies of vaping yet, simply because it hasn't been around long enough. But I have seen some peer reviewed studies in reputable medical journals saying they can't find anything carcinogenic in vapor, and vapor's lack of tar and the other myriad known dangerous chemicals that are in cigarette smoke does make vaping safer than smoking, yet by no means health-risk free. Nicotine use is unquestionably tied to heart disease, high blood pressure, and numerous other circulatory problems.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3273994 - 06/23/13 01:53 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: BSK]
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

Loc: over here

sleepy Online
I am seriously considering trying it. I cannot use the gum, lozenges or patches. I have a horrible reaction to them. I know I NEED to quit but I am secretly emotionally addicted to the effects of nicotine. \:\(

There is a difference between being proud and being conceited

Beware the skillet ---O

#3274026 - 06/23/13 03:02 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: Bowdacious]
Mudbone
10 Point

Loc: Old hickory Tn

content Online
Do the vaporizers you all are talking about make you cough like the ecigs do? I can't even inhale them, but if what y'all speak of is smoother I will go get set up now. I ditched the chantix because of the dreams.

#3277539 - 06/28/13 06:39 AM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: Mudbone]
HOOK
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Rutherford County, TN

Google Glycol and see what that does for ya.....

#3277583 - 06/28/13 08:16 AM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: HOOK]
WVBulldog
4 Point

Loc: Franklin County, TN

I have been vaping for close to a year now and have tried it all. I have settled on what works very well for me. Haven't touched a cigarette in well over 11 months. On top of that, I have went from 24mg, to 18mg, and just reduce to 12mg without much trouble at all. So in my experience, it's helping as a smoking cessitation device even though that wasnt my original intention. From my experience alot of people fall off the wagon trying to use e-cigs instead of personal vaporizers. There is a substantial difference which has been mentioned. I may be able to offer some advice on devices for the beginner and/or good retailers that I have dealt with. And no, I do not sell these any of these items nor know anyone that does (I can however rebuild some of the atomizers on the market. Learned incase the Gov. tries to do something stupid)

I am not a physician. However, I have several family members/close friends that are and have discussed the topic at length, many times. While it would be better not to intake nicotine at all (same could be said for caffiene), it is orders of magnitude better than cigs. There are thousands of chemical species contained in tobacco and carcinogenic products form when burnt. From my own personal experiance along with BSK, I can breath again and feel much better. So I applaud those of you trying to switch.

As for the glycol comment, you do realize this isn't Ethylene Glycol or Industrial grade Propolyene Glycol correct? Its food grade Prop. Glycol or PG, which is is contained in many sweets, drinks, cakes, dressings, etc. Chances are, unless your a low carb eater or a vegan/vegetarian, you are ingesting PG. PG is also used as a delivery mechanism in atomized medicines.

#3283297 - 07/05/13 07:54 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: WVBulldog]
Big J
16 Point

Hey BSK! Finally got to hit the vape shop on Charlotte! Nice group working in there. Dang place was packed! They have some pretty cool stuff! Dropped some dollars for the innokin with 5 clearomizers and the charger. Also picked up 30ml of menthol. Nice hits on these. Just thought I would say I may be switching from the v2 to the innokin full time! Thanks for the heads up!

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TnDear, buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys
13384 Registered Users
Who's Online
78 registered (Mossy, Outdoor Enthusiast, JayMc, kel, fatboy, TNGal, 9 invisible) and 138 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13384 Members
42 Forums
95881 Topics
1122781 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.092 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.