Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 4 1234>
Topic Options
#3272989 - 06/21/13 03:05 PM Anyone else vaping instead of smoking?
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Has anyone else switched from smoking to vaping; either with e-cigarettes or vaporizers?

I messed around with e-cigs for a couple of months, but they really didn't quench my desire to smoke. But once I discovered vaporizers, I haven't smoked since. Just wondering if anyone else is now vaping instead of smoking.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3273000 - 06/21/13 03:12 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: BSK]
farmin68
16 Point

Loc: In a tree clinging to my guns ...

I don't smoke, my mom is a smoker and I would love it if she quit.

What are the costs, benefits, etc?

#3273007 - 06/21/13 03:20 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: farmin68]
dh1984
10 Point

Loc: union county tennessee

i know someone that tried the blue cig after a few days he was a grippy old feller because the electric cigs didn't keep him from wanting to smoke. the last time i seen him he had that thing in his mouth all day long toking on it.

#3273016 - 06/21/13 03:26 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: dh1984]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: dh1984
i know someone that tried the blue cig after a few days he was a grippy old feller because the electric cigs didn't keep him from wanting to smoke. the last time i seen him he had that thing in his mouth all day long toking on it.

Tell him to try a personal vaporizer. I too found e-cigs not enough to stop my cravings to smoke. But a vaporizer has worked wonders. Plus, even though I'm still feeding my nicotine addiction, I'm no longer inhaling all of the really dangerous chemicals and tar that is in cigarette smoke. Since I've been vaping for a few months, my lungs have cleared up, my health has improved, I no longer have a smokers cough, my sense of smell and taste are back, and I have much more energy, and myself, my clothes, and my vehicle no long reek of cigarette smoke.

Plus, vapor tastes and smells a heck of a lot better than cigarette smoke. After a few weeks of vaping, I really couldn't understand what it was about burning tobacco and paper that I thought tasted so good.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3273019 - 06/21/13 03:29 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: BSK]
dh1984
10 Point

Loc: union county tennessee

ok i'll tell him to give that a try then i might try it my self too. i need to quit smoking since i noticed i get very winded when walking and at everything i do now.

#3273024 - 06/21/13 03:33 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: farmin68]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: farmin68
I don't smoke, my mom is a smoker and I would love it if she quit.

What are the costs, benefits, etc?

Much cheaper than cigarettes, and so far, no known health risks beyond inhaling vaporized flavoring and liquid nicotine (and the carcinogenic properties of liquid nicotine is still debated).

The downsides are a slightly different nicotine "buzz" than smoking produces and the limited availability of personalized vaporizers. E-cigarettes are much more readily available, but they may not fit all smokers needs.

#3273034 - 06/21/13 03:39 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: dh1984]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: dh1984
ok i'll tell him to give that a try then i might try it my self too. i need to quit smoking since i noticed i get very winded when walking and at everything i do now.

Do an internet search for your closest Vapor shop. They can teach you what you need to know about personalized vaporizers (which I recommend far more than e-cigs).

It will cost around $20 for a rechargeable battery, another $7 for the attached vaporizer, and then $7 per bottle of liquid nicotine, that lasts me about three days, and I vape pretty heavy.

#3273057 - 06/21/13 04:12 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: BSK]
TNDeerGuy
12 Point

Loc: Old Hickory/Mt.Juliet, TN

BSK, is this what your talking about, and what shop you use here in the Nashville area?

http://www.nashvillevapor.com/site/products-page/starter-kits/

#3273065 - 06/21/13 04:22 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: TNDeerGuy]
Trapper John
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: La Vergne,TN/Decaturville, TN

I can't remember what mine was, honestly. It looked like a cigarette, but the cartridges gave you nicotine and a LOT of vapor (The vapor helped immensely by giving me the "look" of the smoke) and the "throat hit" was almost identical to actual cigarettes. It was a huge help.

I tried the cheap E-Cigs and they did nothing. I finally went all in and invested some money and the difference was huge.

#3273118 - 06/21/13 05:50 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: ]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Buckykm1
e-cigarette is a waste of money.

For me it was. Not that less expensive as cigarettes (the cartridges were expensive and I went through 1 1/2 to 2 per day), and the batteries burned out every few weeks.

But I sure am pleased with Personal Vaporizers (VP). MUCH more vapor (hence nicotine) than an e-cig, the batteries last much longer, the refillable liquids are cheaper than buying pre-filled disposable cartridges, and all of the equipment is better quality than what e-cigs are made of.

Page 1 of 4 1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
UTRok16, ljhhunt3, perchjerkin, camohunter3, mtd
13273 Registered Users
Who's Online
7 registered (Mr.Squirrel, Mudbone, rabbit hunter, mossyoakmantn, Prowler, Britlab, 1 invisible) and 51 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13273 Members
42 Forums
93135 Topics
1088561 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.1 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.