Tndeer Logo

Page all of 4 1234>
Topic Options
#3272989 - 06/21/13 03:05 PM Anyone else vaping instead of smoking?
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Has anyone else switched from smoking to vaping; either with e-cigarettes or vaporizers?

I messed around with e-cigs for a couple of months, but they really didn't quench my desire to smoke. But once I discovered vaporizers, I haven't smoked since. Just wondering if anyone else is now vaping instead of smoking.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3273000 - 06/21/13 03:12 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: BSK]
farmin68
16 Point

Loc: In a tree clinging to my guns ...

I don't smoke, my mom is a smoker and I would love it if she quit.

What are the costs, benefits, etc?

#3273007 - 06/21/13 03:20 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: farmin68]
dh1984
10 Point

Loc: union county tennessee

i know someone that tried the blue cig after a few days he was a grippy old feller because the electric cigs didn't keep him from wanting to smoke. the last time i seen him he had that thing in his mouth all day long toking on it.

#3273016 - 06/21/13 03:26 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: dh1984]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: dh1984
i know someone that tried the blue cig after a few days he was a grippy old feller because the electric cigs didn't keep him from wanting to smoke. the last time i seen him he had that thing in his mouth all day long toking on it.

Tell him to try a personal vaporizer. I too found e-cigs not enough to stop my cravings to smoke. But a vaporizer has worked wonders. Plus, even though I'm still feeding my nicotine addiction, I'm no longer inhaling all of the really dangerous chemicals and tar that is in cigarette smoke. Since I've been vaping for a few months, my lungs have cleared up, my health has improved, I no longer have a smokers cough, my sense of smell and taste are back, and I have much more energy, and myself, my clothes, and my vehicle no long reek of cigarette smoke.

Plus, vapor tastes and smells a heck of a lot better than cigarette smoke. After a few weeks of vaping, I really couldn't understand what it was about burning tobacco and paper that I thought tasted so good.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3273019 - 06/21/13 03:29 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: BSK]
dh1984
10 Point

Loc: union county tennessee

ok i'll tell him to give that a try then i might try it my self too. i need to quit smoking since i noticed i get very winded when walking and at everything i do now.

#3273024 - 06/21/13 03:33 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: farmin68]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: farmin68

Much cheaper than cigarettes, and so far, no known health risks beyond inhaling vaporized flavoring and liquid nicotine (and the carcinogenic properties of liquid nicotine is still debated).

The downsides are a slightly different nicotine "buzz" than smoking produces and the limited availability of personalized vaporizers. E-cigarettes are much more readily available, but they may not fit all smokers needs.

#3273034 - 06/21/13 03:39 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: dh1984]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: dh1984
ok i'll tell him to give that a try then i might try it my self too. i need to quit smoking since i noticed i get very winded when walking and at everything i do now.

Do an internet search for your closest Vapor shop. They can teach you what you need to know about personalized vaporizers (which I recommend far more than e-cigs).

It will cost around $20 for a rechargeable battery, another $7 for the attached vaporizer, and then $7 per bottle of liquid nicotine, that lasts me about three days, and I vape pretty heavy.

#3273057 - 06/21/13 04:12 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: BSK]
TNDeerGuy
12 Point

Loc: Old Hickory/Mt.Juliet, TN

content Online
BSK, is this what your talking about, and what shop you use here in the Nashville area?

http://www.nashvillevapor.com/site/products-page/starter-kits/

#3273065 - 06/21/13 04:22 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: TNDeerGuy]
Trapper John
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: La Vergne,TN/Decaturville, TN

I can't remember what mine was, honestly. It looked like a cigarette, but the cartridges gave you nicotine and a LOT of vapor (The vapor helped immensely by giving me the "look" of the smoke) and the "throat hit" was almost identical to actual cigarettes. It was a huge help.

I tried the cheap E-Cigs and they did nothing. I finally went all in and invested some money and the difference was huge.

#3273118 - 06/21/13 05:50 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: ]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Buckykm1
e-cigarette is a waste of money.

For me it was. Not that less expensive as cigarettes (the cartridges were expensive and I went through 1 1/2 to 2 per day), and the batteries burned out every few weeks.

But I sure am pleased with Personal Vaporizers (VP). MUCH more vapor (hence nicotine) than an e-cig, the batteries last much longer, the refillable liquids are cheaper than buying pre-filled disposable cartridges, and all of the equipment is better quality than what e-cigs are made of.

#3273119 - 06/21/13 05:51 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: TNDeerGuy]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: TNDeerGuy
BSK, is this what your talking about, and what shop you use here in the Nashville area?

Yes, that is the Vapor Shop I use. Good prices, and if you stop in, very knowledgeable people.

#3273121 - 06/21/13 05:52 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: Trapper John]
CR500AFX
6 Point

Loc: ANDERSON CO.

I smoked 1+ packs per day for 28 years. In March 2012, I laid down the Camels and started vaping a EGO-T. After 11 months, February 2013, I laid down the ecig. I feel better that I have felt in over 20 years. At first it doesn't taste right but you get used to it. The liquid can be purchased with varying amounts of nicotine in it . That way you can get what you need. Note, I have the rest of that pack of Camels, that I laid down in 2012, on my mantle. BTW, I spent right at $150.00 for all the supplies for that year of heavy use. That was 4 batteries, 2 chargers, 10 atomizers, and 6 bottles of liquid.

Edited by CR500AFX (06/21/13 05:54 PM)

#3273132 - 06/21/13 06:16 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: BSK]
BSK
Non-Typical

I definitely recommend the Ego-T batteries. Higher mAH batteries last longer but are larger/longer, which makes them more difficult to carry around. I have an 1100 mAH Ego that lasts all day, but is so large/long that I keep it at home (too large to carry in a pocket). A 650 mAH is short enough to carry in a pocket and will last half to three-quarters of a day. A 350 mAH will last 3-4 hours and is small enough to easily fit in a pocket. I carry a 650 mAH as my "every day" carry VP, and have a 350 mAH (very small) for concerts or football games.

Although each type of vaporizer (atomizers, cartomizers, and clearomizers) have their positives and negatives, for first time users, I would recommend a clearomizer. I would also recommend a top-wick replaceable coil clearomizer.

As for flavors, first-time users often find using a tobacco flavored e-liquid helps transition from smoking to vaping, but I would also suggest trying some nutty flavors and also some fruity flavors. Eventually, most experienced vapers find they no longer want a tobacco flavor, and prefer nutty or fruity flavors. Personally, my favorite flavors are hazelnut, banana nut bread, and an Asian fruit mixture based on pomegranate. From what I hear, blueberry and citrus-based e-liquids are also very popular.

#3273166 - 06/21/13 07:12 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: Trapper John]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

confused Online
I won't ever smoke because I know I wouldn't be able to quit.

#3273189 - 06/21/13 07:58 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: Trapper John]
ROUGH COUNTRY HUNTER
16 Point

Loc: FRANKLIN COUNTY

BSK,are you feeling any better yet
#3273198 - 06/21/13 08:23 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: Trapper John]
Deck78
6 Point

Loc: hipster hollow

Anyone get thrown for a loop on the vape vs smoking question?! \:\) I thought BSK was going in a WHOLE different direction..... Never mind. Continue on

#3273221 - 06/21/13 08:47 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: BSK]
TNDeerGuy
12 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: BSK
 Originally Posted By: TNDeerGuy

Yes, that is the Vapor Shop I use. Good prices, and if you stop in, very knowledgeable people.

Thanks! I'll run in next week!

#3273468 - 06/22/13 09:39 AM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: ROUGH COUNTRY HUNTER]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: ROUGH COUNTRY HUNTER
BSK,are you feeling any better yet

After vaping for about three months, I can't express how much better I feel physically, especially in regards to lung capacity and endurance. Now with vaping, you still have the negative effects of nicotine, which is a powerful vassal constrictor that makes your heart work harder, but caffeine is also a vassal constrictor.

#3273476 - 06/22/13 09:58 AM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: Deck78]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Deck78
Anyone get thrown for a loop on the vape vs smoking question?! \:\) I thought BSK was going in a WHOLE different direction..... Never mind. Continue on

Not sure which direction you thought I was going, but if I assume correctly, from what I've heard any substance that is water soluble and atomizable can be used in a Personal Vaporizer.

I talked to a friend from Colorado and he said people there are using hash oil in vaporizors.

#3273481 - 06/22/13 10:09 AM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: Trapper John]
switchbacker
8 Point

Loc: knoxville

Dont smoke or vapor, but ive been copenhagen free for two weeks now

#3273519 - 06/22/13 11:27 AM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: switchbacker]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: switchbacker
Dont smoke or vapor, but ive been copenhagen free for two weeks now

Good for you switchbacker!

#3273559 - 06/22/13 01:18 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: BSK]
Deck78
6 Point

Loc: hipster hollow

Originally Posted By: Deck78

I talked to a friend from Colorado and he said people there are using hash oil in vaporizors.

^ them long hair, hippy types I'm sure!

#3273596 - 06/22/13 03:17 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: BSK]
7mm08
10 Point

Loc: In a river hopefully!

Cigarettes kill you two ways
A. The burning of tobacco results in tar and the other chemicals that are carcinogens. Lung, bladder, kidney, esophageal, head and neck are directly related to tar and burning tobacco by products. You are super heating pesticides , fungicides, nematode sprays and then inhaling it.

B. nicotine is a vasoconstrictor which makes your arteries get smaller each and everytime you smoke. Coronary(heart), strokes, aneurysms are directly caused by nicotine from smoke or chewing tobacco.

It's a tough habit to break but nicotine is just as deadly as the tar in the burning process. Good luck to you guys trying to stop.

Edited by 7mm08 (06/22/13 03:18 PM)

#3273641 - 06/22/13 04:40 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: 7mm08]
greygoose
6 Point

Loc: memphis

content Online
do what you want....you got to die from something!!

Edited by greygoose (06/22/13 04:40 PM)

#3273643 - 06/22/13 04:48 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: greygoose]
Big J
16 Point

Loc: Joelton

I will have been a vamping since June 27 last year! My 1 year date is coming up in a few days! The longest I have ever not smoked since I was 16 yrs old! I feel a million times better and love being able to vap anywhere! Especially restraunts. Congrats! You will never go back! Pm me if you want to know what I am using! I have made a bunch of adjustments in my vamping and can help with some good choices!

#3273649 - 06/22/13 04:55 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: greygoose]
Big J
16 Point

I vap on a v2 ecig! I drip my own and I get the clouds of vap I like. Don't try those cheap ecigs at gas stations. You have to get the hit you want to walk away from analogs. I prefer the 18mg from mom and pops vapes. My flavor is grasshopper which is a chocolate mint flavor.there is a new shop over in Rivergate that has some killer setups from what I understand.

#3273665 - 06/22/13 06:03 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: Big J]
TNDeerGuy
12 Point

content Online
Went over to the shop on Charlotte Pike, that BSK recommended, this afternoon and got setup. It is sort of expensive to get setup on, but it is a little more than two cartons of cigarettes. I will say this.....the "hit" is almost identical to that of my cigs. I'm looking forward to seeing how i feel after a few days or weeks of doing this compared to smoking.

#3273712 - 06/22/13 08:33 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: TNDeerGuy]
eddie c
Old School
12 Point

Loc: jackson, tn

Since I have an allergy to tobacco I never started using tobacco products. Someone around me can be smoking and I will get a headache. A retiree came by work to visit and was vaping. It still stunk and still gave me a headache.
#3273721 - 06/22/13 09:01 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: BSK]
jos3ywales
14 Point

Loc: Norris Dam

Originally Posted By: farmin68

Much cheaper than cigarettes, and so far, no known health risks beyond inhaling vaporized flavoring and liquid nicotine (and the carcinogenic properties of liquid nicotine is still debated).

The downsides are a slightly different nicotine "buzz" than smoking produces and the limited availability of personalized vaporizers. E-cigarettes are much more readily available, but they may not fit all smokers needs.

well there is one health effect ur missing like I found out when I got my blood clot, Nicotine causes your blood to want to clot together the nicotine gets in your blood stream and grabs blood cells and makes them clog thats why I have been trying to slow down on smoking but after 30 years of smoking man it just plain hard to do I just plain loose my mind without ciggs

"Let God in he will save you all you have to do is ask"

"I'm a legend in my own mind"

Jos3ywales

#3273760 - 06/22/13 10:37 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: greygoose]
Big J
16 Point

Nicotine is a stimulant. Caffeine is a stimulant. I choose vap over smoking. Thinking about quitting vaping now. The biggest miss when I switched over was the carbon monoxide but that only lasts for like 3 days. I just love vaping on airplanes and out and about. Cigs were becoming a hassle. No more going outside and freezing or sweating. Whenever and wherever. I do enjoy that. I have people ask me about them all the time. Again! Do not try the blu or other gas station ecigs. They are not even close. Go to a vap store or get blanks and drip your own.

#3273761 - 06/22/13 10:37 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: Big J]
Big J
16 Point

Also get a blue tip light instead of red. Will save you some troubles from people fussing.

#3273823 - 06/23/13 06:05 AM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: Trapper John]
HOOK
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Rutherford County, TN

I'm not a user but my wife was until I convinced her to put them down. Sad thing about these electronic cigs is the misconception it puts out...people move towards them because they think it's a better alternative. No studies have been conducted on the long term health effects of their use. However, the truth remains that you are still putting a lot of potentially harmful foreign substances (Chemicals) into 2 sacks inside your body that are only designed to intake air. Think about it......

#3273839 - 06/23/13 07:23 AM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: HOOK]
Big J
16 Point

The only think you are taking in is nicotine, vegetable glycerin, and glycol. Which is in the food we eat. There have been studies done in Brittan. The US government has just not found a way to tax the crap out of it so they ain't saying nothing yet. There have been studies here but they can't find the sin and or study showing the risks. They have to make it bad or no big tobacco money. Cigarette smokers are on the the decline and the government don't like it.

#3273878 - 06/23/13 09:09 AM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: jos3ywales]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: jos3ywales
well there is one health effect ur missing like I found out when I got my blood clot, Nicotine causes your blood to want to clot together the nicotine gets in your blood stream and grabs blood cells and makes them clog thats why I have been trying to slow down on smoking but after 30 years of smoking man it just plain hard to do I just plain loose my mind without ciggs

Without question, nicotine itself has its health risks. I was talking more about carcinogenic properties of smoking.

#3273887 - 06/23/13 09:22 AM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: HOOK]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: HOOK
I'm not a user but my wife was until I convinced her to put them down. Sad thing about these electronic cigs is the misconception it puts out...people move towards them because they think it's a better alternative. No studies have been conducted on the long term health effects of their use. However, the truth remains that you are still putting a lot of potentially harmful foreign substances (Chemicals) into 2 sacks inside your body that are only designed to intake air. Think about it......

HOOK,

Not trying to say there are NO health risks to vaping. And you are correct, no LONG TERM studies of vaping yet, simply because it hasn't been around long enough. But I have seen some peer reviewed studies in reputable medical journals saying they can't find anything carcinogenic in vapor, and vapor's lack of tar and the other myriad known dangerous chemicals that are in cigarette smoke does make vaping safer than smoking, yet by no means health-risk free. Nicotine use is unquestionably tied to heart disease, high blood pressure, and numerous other circulatory problems.

#3273994 - 06/23/13 01:53 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: BSK]
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

Loc: over here

I am seriously considering trying it. I cannot use the gum, lozenges or patches. I have a horrible reaction to them. I know I NEED to quit but I am secretly emotionally addicted to the effects of nicotine. \:\(

Beware the skillet -----O

#3274026 - 06/23/13 03:02 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: Bowdacious]
Mudbone
10 Point

Loc: Williamson cty. Tn

Do the vaporizers you all are talking about make you cough like the ecigs do? I can't even inhale them, but if what y'all speak of is smoother I will go get set up now. I ditched the chantix because of the dreams.

#3277539 - 06/28/13 06:39 AM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: Mudbone]
HOOK
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Rutherford County, TN

Google Glycol and see what that does for ya.....

#3277583 - 06/28/13 08:16 AM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: HOOK]
WVBulldog
4 Point

Loc: Franklin County, TN

I have been vaping for close to a year now and have tried it all. I have settled on what works very well for me. Haven't touched a cigarette in well over 11 months. On top of that, I have went from 24mg, to 18mg, and just reduce to 12mg without much trouble at all. So in my experience, it's helping as a smoking cessitation device even though that wasnt my original intention. From my experience alot of people fall off the wagon trying to use e-cigs instead of personal vaporizers. There is a substantial difference which has been mentioned. I may be able to offer some advice on devices for the beginner and/or good retailers that I have dealt with. And no, I do not sell these any of these items nor know anyone that does (I can however rebuild some of the atomizers on the market. Learned incase the Gov. tries to do something stupid)

I am not a physician. However, I have several family members/close friends that are and have discussed the topic at length, many times. While it would be better not to intake nicotine at all (same could be said for caffiene), it is orders of magnitude better than cigs. There are thousands of chemical species contained in tobacco and carcinogenic products form when burnt. From my own personal experiance along with BSK, I can breath again and feel much better. So I applaud those of you trying to switch.

As for the glycol comment, you do realize this isn't Ethylene Glycol or Industrial grade Propolyene Glycol correct? Its food grade Prop. Glycol or PG, which is is contained in many sweets, drinks, cakes, dressings, etc. Chances are, unless your a low carb eater or a vegan/vegetarian, you are ingesting PG. PG is also used as a delivery mechanism in atomized medicines.

HOYT CARBON SPYDER

#3283297 - 07/05/13 07:54 PM Re: Anyone else vaping instead of smoking? [Re: WVBulldog]
Big J
16 Point

Hey BSK! Finally got to hit the vape shop on Charlotte! Nice group working in there. Dang place was packed! They have some pretty cool stuff! Dropped some dollars for the innokin with 5 clearomizers and the charger. Also picked up 30ml of menthol. Nice hits on these. Just thought I would say I may be switching from the v2 to the innokin full time! Thanks for the heads up!

Page all of 4 1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
purrpplee, tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85
13112 Registered Users
Who's Online
91 registered (Snake, Backstrapcrazy, CATCHDAWG, chrmayo, wayne, ruger7mag, 16 invisible) and 146 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13112 Members
42 Forums
89343 Topics
1044874 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.218 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.