Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3271937 - 06/20/13 12:51 PM Road Trip!!
redheadshooter
6 Point

Loc: Here

The wife and I are leaving tonight for South Florida to visit my brother for a few days. Be a long trip down there but can't wait! Hopefully will get some fishing done. We are going on a 4 hr. charter trip. Maybe this time I won't be an idiot and try to surf for the first time in 14 ft. surf!!! Which is a whole other story by itself; I am lucky to be alive after that one! But you never know when me and my brother get around each other! hahahaha! Anyways y'all have fun here in Tennessee! I might miss the big Orange and White a little bit (but not much!)

#3271944 - 06/20/13 12:58 PM Re: Road Trip!! [Re: redheadshooter]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

Have a big time!!!!

#3272009 - 06/20/13 01:58 PM Re: Road Trip!! [Re: rabbit hunter]
WG Taxidermist
8 Point

Loc: Hardin County

Have a safe trip! Maybe you'll get to catch a boat load!

Will Rogers

#3272011 - 06/20/13 02:01 PM Re: Road Trip!! [Re: WG Taxidermist]
thetoolman
8 Point

Loc: Charlotte, Tennessee

Have a safe trip, but I want to hear more about this surfing incident. \:D

"Vegetarian" old Indian word for Bad Hunter

http://www.completepctherapy.com

#3272053 - 06/20/13 02:40 PM Re: Road Trip!! [Re: thetoolman]
redheadshooter
6 Point

Originally Posted By: thetoolman

Well, since I have a couple more hours before I leave, I guess I will share....

My wife and I visited my brother in Pompano Beach, FL shortly after he moved down there in 2011. A hurricane (don't remember which one) was coming in a few days later, but was sending in some HUGE surf. Big enough that the "real surfers" were standing on the beach watching. What do I do?? Walk a mile down the beach because the current was so bad and start swimming. After swimming out about 200 yards I turned my board around and realized that I was almost in front of my brother and my wife 1 mile within 5 minutes. I thought to myself, "I am just going to ride the first wave in on my belly, get used to the speed." The wave came crashing over me sending me underwater. At first I think, "Don't panic just curl up in a little ball and wait until you reach the top." After what seemed like an eternity underwater I realized I had to start swimming or doing something. So I swam with everything I had. Straight to the bottom of the ocean. In a last ditch effort I jumped off the bottom and fell out of a wall of water on the bank right in front of an old man in a speedo! (could not make that up) I said "Well that is tougher than I thought" (hahahaha) to the old guy, laughed and started making my way back, in front of all the surfers that didn't go out looking at me like the idiot I was, a few even commented hahaha, to where my wife and brother were walking up and down the beach looking for me. They said they saw me go under and didn't see me again for well over a minute! We all busted out laughing and still have a hilarious story to tell today. If you hear this in person it is so much funnier than reading it!

#3272065 - 06/20/13 02:49 PM Re: Road Trip!! [Re: redheadshooter]
Cooter
8 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, Tn

Have a safe trip-- everyone needs a little get away time.
#3272074 - 06/20/13 02:58 PM Re: Road Trip!! [Re: redheadshooter]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: redheadshooter
 Originally Posted By: thetoolman

Well, since I have a couple more hours before I leave, I guess I will share....

My wife and I visited my brother in Pompano Beach, FL shortly after he moved down there in 2011. A hurricane (don't remember which one) was coming in a few days later, but was sending in some HUGE surf. Big enough that the "real surfers" were standing on the beach watching. What do I do?? Walk a mile down the beach because the current was so bad and start swimming. After swimming out about 200 yards I turned my board around and realized that I was almost in front of my brother and my wife 1 mile within 5 minutes. I thought to myself, "I am just going to ride the first wave in on my belly, get used to the speed." The wave came crashing over me sending me underwater. At first I think, "Don't panic just curl up in a little ball and wait until you reach the top." After what seemed like an eternity underwater I realized I had to start swimming or doing something. So I swam with everything I had. Straight to the bottom of the ocean. In a last ditch effort I jumped off the bottom and fell out of a wall of water on the bank right in front of an old man in a speedo! (could not make that up) I said "Well that is tougher than I thought" (hahahaha) to the old guy, laughed and started making my way back, in front of all the surfers that didn't go out looking at me like the idiot I was, a few even commented hahaha, to where my wife and brother were walking up and down the beach looking for me. They said they saw me go under and didn't see me again for well over a minute! We all busted out laughing and still have a hilarious story to tell today. If you hear this in person it is so much funnier than reading it!

Good grief man!! Be careful this trip!! \:D

#3272094 - 06/20/13 03:27 PM Re: Road Trip!! [Re: Kimber45]
redheadshooter
6 Point

Thanks everybody. Yea this time we will probably do more free-diving than surfing. hahaha. Surf is only going to be 1-3 ft. the whole time I'm there.

#3272152 - 06/20/13 04:53 PM Re: Road Trip!! [Re: redheadshooter]
DaveB
10 Point

Loc: Shelby County

Let us know if king or dolphin are running off the coast. I'm headed to Cocoa Beach in two weeks, family there.

You ever fish that inlet, can't remember the name, lighthouse point?, nah, serious trip going from coastal waterway out to ocean, place is crawling with tarpon, used to be anyway.

Edited by DaveB (06/20/13 04:56 PM)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys, GUIDO
13383 Registered Users
Who's Online
144 registered (bowhunterfanatic, MickThompson, Mike Belt, FLTENNHUNTER1, parkerxbowhunter, blueticks, 16 invisible) and 207 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13383 Members
42 Forums
95780 Topics
1121361 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.044 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.