Tndeer Logo

Page 5 of 7 « First<34567>
Topic Options
#3270924 - 06/19/13 07:38 AM Re: How many days do you plan to hunt this deer season [Re: knightrider]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

This thread is a perfect example of why opinions and viewpoints expressed on TNdeer may not be representative of the "average" deer hunter in TN. Look at the high percentage of those who expect to hunt 40 or even 50 or more days this year. Statistically valid surveys of TN deer hunters find that the average deer hunter only hunts 12-14 days per year. This disparity strongly suggest TNdeer users represent primarily the most serious deer hunters and not the average deer hunter.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3271041 - 06/19/13 10:02 AM Re: How many days do you plan to hunt this deer season [Re: BSK]
MattR
8 Point

Loc: Nashville

Also, I think some probably think they are going to hunt more days than they actually get to. Like I would say probably 25-30 but it is inevitable that I am going to get stuck at home doing something for the ole lady on a couple of those days, then weather isn't going to be good for another couple days. But even given those I still would say I hunt more than the "average tn deer hunter". BSK, when was it released that the average is 12-14 days per year? I agree though, TNdeer has alot of folks that aren't your average deer hunter, their knowledge of deer hunting also suggest they are not the average deer hunter.

#3271044 - 06/19/13 10:04 AM Re: How many days do you plan to hunt this deer season [Re: Rockhound]
MattR
8 Point

Originally Posted By: Rockhound
I only missed 3 or 4 days season before last, I missed about 12 last year due to tagging out so I plan on hunting just about every day

I envy you sir

#3271120 - 06/19/13 11:51 AM Re: How many days do you plan to hunt this deer season [Re: BSK]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Originally Posted By: BSK
This thread is a perfect example of why opinions and viewpoints expressed on TNdeer may not be representative of the "average" deer hunter in TN. Look at the high percentage of those who expect to hunt 40 or even 50 or more days this year. Statistically valid surveys of TN deer hunters find that the average deer hunter only hunts 12-14 days per year. This disparity strongly suggest TNdeer users represent primarily the most serious deer hunters and not the average deer hunter.

I'm as serious as they come, I just can't get out there as much as I would love to. \:\(

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3271707 - 06/20/13 08:23 AM Re: How many days do you plan to hunt this deer season [Re: BSK]
Outdoor Enthusiast
6 Point

Loc: Carthage, TN

Originally Posted By: BSK

Hence the name of this forum. ;\) I keed, I keed.

#3271715 - 06/20/13 08:29 AM Re: How many days do you plan to hunt this deer season [Re: MUP]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

MattR,

Data from the hunter surveys conducted by UT, under the direction of the TWRA.

If I had the opportunity to take a long, detailed look at both that survey's data as well as the TWRA's hunter databases I strongly suspect that the median (not the average) days hunted would even be lower than the average. I think what we have is the majority of people in TN who deer hunt actually hunt very little. They are opening week of gun season and some opening weekend of MZ season hunters only. In addition, I believe the hard-core hunters--those hunting 30+ calendar days per year--are a small minority of hunters. However, I also believe this small minority of hunters accounts for the vast majority of deer killed each year.

In essence, we have a majority of hunters who hunt very little and are not consistently successful, and a much smaller minority of passionate hunters who hunt a lot and are regularly successful, accounting for most of the deer killed each year.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3271838 - 06/20/13 10:57 AM Re: How many days do you plan to hunt this deer season [Re: BSK]
MattR
8 Point

It would be interesting to know more statistics regarding deer killed in TN each year, like how many time they hunt a year, how many deer they kill each year, what time of day the deer was killed. It would be awesome to have all that information even if it was just for a year. I would love to have that kind of info and put it all together and see what kind of patterns and information I could take from it.

#3272153 - 06/20/13 04:53 PM Re: How many days do you plan to hunt this deer season [Re: Diehard Hunter]
timberjack86
14 Point

Loc: Grundy county

Originally Posted By: Diehard Hunter
A bunch, but we both know how plans go.
Yep. I hope 40+!

#3273771 - 06/22/13 10:59 PM Re: How many days do you plan to hunt this deer season [Re: timberjack86]
Recoil
4 Point

Loc: Williamson County

I hunt until I get all the meat I need and will then focus on antlers. I have three leases in middle TN and hunt a few days in central Missouri but don't think I will come close to hunting 50 days!
#3273953 - 06/23/13 12:44 PM Re: How many days do you plan to hunt this deer season [Re: Recoil]
Bone Collector
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

content Online
as many as possible.

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
General James Mattis

Page 5 of 7 « First<34567>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TnDear, buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys
13384 Registered Users
Who's Online
104 registered (Encore Eye Candy, Ebby, huntingfool, huntintn, chrmayo, luvtohunt, 10 invisible) and 183 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13384 Members
42 Forums
95993 Topics
1124096 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.059 seconds in which 0.006 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.