Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 7 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#3271603 - 06/20/13 05:15 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Wildcat]
Buzzard Breath
8 Point

Loc: East

I'm going to go ahead and assume that I've missed the boat also. Must be a pretty small boat. But, in the case of the TN incident, wouldn't the tuition paying students be the ones in authority? Because, if this is such a rampant problem, I wouldn't think anyone would still be going there.

#3271604 - 06/20/13 05:15 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: RutMan]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: RutMan
 Originally Posted By: Wildcat
 Originally Posted By: RutMan
Diehard did not get anything mixed up WC !! You stated that because those in charge of our tax dollars were supporting and we were taxpayers, that we too were supporting and doing it.

We pay taxes because we are law abiding, we do not get to choose what the legislators or the school admins/teachers do from there.

We can vote, write letters, make calls, run for office, but we as individuals cannot always change things alone.

You assume as you always do that we need to get off our butts......how do you know we haven't already ?

Then again.....when your logic and rhetoric is sent back to you, you refuse to answer and dismiss it.

Do what you want others to do before getting on here with your constant diatribe of accusations with no basis of truth because you don't know what anyone here is or is not doing.

Really???

Let me make it easier for you.

http://www.tndeer.com/tndeertalk/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3270894&page=1&nt=3&fpart=1

Read the first post.

Go down and read Die Hard hunters first post and my respond.

Looks like ever YOU missed the boat.

You have got my second post mixed up with my first post. Go re-read it it's right there for everybody to see.

My second post was to Die Hard Hunter.

And now you are blaming me for it like you ALWAYS do. For you all it takes it one single would and it become a mountain.

Don't need to re-read anything, but you obviously can't read period. Just more of your BS as of late where you refuse to answer questions turned back at you and turn what is written to try and make you seem right. I should just stick to my rule of never arguing with an idiot as they will take you to their level and beat you with experience.

Have a good one WC !!! \:D

You just PROVED two points I have made.

You cannot read, you only see what you want to see and nothing more.

First off I pointed out the professor FORCED students to wear something in SUPPORT of something they did NOT believe in.

The upset teacher on here came back with CLASSES offered in WKU, it doesn't say anywhere they were REQUIRED so they are NOT FORCING anybody to do anything. Which is not the same thing. But you missed that too and I didn't ever write it. You then posted that it seems like I should clean up my state. From what, like I said they are NOT FORCING anybody to do anything. Which was the whole point of my first post. I posted to Diehard Hunter who said he was a teacher and asked him what he is doing to change this. I am not a teacher but a taxpayer, I can only go though the school board and State Legislature. I've never been a cop so I could only though Congress and the State Legislature to force them to clean up the "long blue line".

Number two. This is the second time in a month you have called me a name on here.

Since you have done that then I can return the favor. Seems like YOU have become a puppet for someone else over the last couple months.

#3271606 - 06/20/13 05:22 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Buzzard Breath]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: Buzzard Breath
I'm going to go ahead and assume that I've missed the boat also. Must be a pretty small boat. But, in the case of the TN incident, wouldn't the tuition paying students be the ones in authority? Because, if this is such a rampant problem, I wouldn't think anyone would still be going there.

Here's the simple point, this is ALL it was, except for two people that made it into something totally different.

"In the other thread a kid got into trouble for wearing a NRA t-shirt. In Tennessee a college professor is forcing students to wear ribbons in support of gay rights no mater how they feel or think about the subject.

The people in "authority" were telling the kid he cannot wear a t-shirt about something he DOES believe in and in the other one the same "authority" is forcing the students to were something to support something they do NOT believe in. "

The whole point was one teacher was trying to FORCE a kid NOT to wear something he BELIEVED IN.

On the other end another "teacher" was FORCING the kids to were something they did NOT believe in.

That's all, nothing more.

#3271610 - 06/20/13 05:46 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Wildcat]
Buzzard Breath
8 Point

Loc: East

Originally Posted By: Wildcat
 Originally Posted By: Buzzard Breath

Here's the simple point, this is ALL it was, except for two people that made it into something totally different.

"In the other thread a kid got into trouble for wearing a NRA t-shirt. In Tennessee a college professor is forcing students to wear ribbons in support of gay rights no mater how they feel or think about the subject.

The people in "authority" were telling the kid he cannot wear a t-shirt about something he DOES believe in and in the other one the same "authority" is forcing the students to were something to support something they do NOT believe in. "

The whole point was one teacher was trying to FORCE a kid NOT to wear something he BELIEVED IN.

On the other end another "teacher" was FORCING the kids to were something they did NOT believe in.

That's all, nothing more.

10-4

I now see where our difference of opinion is. I believe kids should be forced into doing things they don't want to. If we always let them do what they want, they would do nothing more than sit around the house watching cartoons and eating mac & cheese.

#3271639 - 06/20/13 06:37 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Wildcat]
Wobblyshot1
8 Point

Loc: Rutherford County

It is my understanding that the teacher did not force the students to wear the gay rights symbol. The assignment was for extra credit only. The problem I see was that another news source reported that it was the only extra credit project that she offered.

After thinking about it for a while, why do you need extra credit? Study just a little harder, make the grade, and you won't need any extra credit.
N.M.L.R.A. Member
I like Flintlocks!

#3271673 - 06/20/13 07:37 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Wobblyshot1]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Loc: Hatchie Bottoms

Once again, I need more info. if this was NOT mandatory, then I have no issue with it. If is WAS mandatory, then I do not agree with it. Even though, I never agreed with having to read certain books to obtain a grade in a certain course either...

I do think that if we only teach curriculum that everyone believes in or everyone wants to learn, then there's a lot of stuff that most of us wouldn't know right now...lol.

I wonder if the teacher has to follow a certain guideline/curriculum or if it's up to each individual teacher?

Gay Rights is a hot topic these days, much like the NRA.

Especially in this type of class, topics of the day may be what they are about, not like a biology or math class....

I didn't care much about communism but I had to learn about it in school......

I have no idea what the TRUE story is here. Certain news sources twist things around so much that it's hard to know the whole truth.

I will say this......I have no idea how this teacher could possibly enforce the rule to wear the ribbon all day when she only has the students for an hour that day. Most kids would simply take it off when they left the classroom. Instead of simply putting it on as you walked in the classroom and taking it off when you left, they make a big deal about it, and thusly we are sitting here debating legalities of something that happened in a classroom in a small community college in our great state. Ten years ago....neither this story or the NRA shirt story would have even been a story, imo.

If this was for extra credit, then shut up and just not do it. If is was mandatory to get a grade in the class, then drop the course, complain to the board of the school and threaten to leave the college. if they start losing students and their money because of this teacher, the school itself will take care of it......

we sure live in whiney times....

amazing.

Walk away; the battle they are fighting is not with you, but with themselves.

#3271703 - 06/20/13 08:19 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Wobblyshot1]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: Wobblyshot1
It is my understanding that the teacher did not force the students to wear the gay rights symbol. The assignment was for extra credit only. The problem I see was that another news source reported that it was the only extra credit project that she offered.

Vary similar to the way the federal government "encourages" the states do adopt policies that it has no Constitutional authority to pressure states to do. We [the feds] will withhold federal highway funds if you don't make this law or we will give you x billion dollars (extra credit) if you implement Obamacare exchanges.

Imagine for a minute you are a college student and this "extra credit" that goes against what you believe in is the difference in a letter grade or pass and fail.

Now imagine what the result be if the teacher had given her students the extra credit assignment of wearing a cross, the NRA logo, or a white pride ribbon for the day.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3271743 - 06/20/13 08:57 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: de novo]
DirtyBear0311
8 Point

Loc: Milan, TN

It is my belief that if a certain extra credit is assigned that only a certain group of people believe in while another group of students have moral objections against that particular assignment, then another one should be offered that everyone can do. I recognize that catering to every students sense of morals would be difficult if the extra credit were to revolve around a certain social issue and some seminar about it or a statement like this ribbon thing. However, why cant some extra credit be offered that is about extra coursework like a few page essay or some other equally non-offensive thing? If ones sense or morals precludes them from partaking in a certain extra credit then it is not really available to them and I view that as discrimination.

Just because it's bad-a** don't mean it's a good idea.

#3271769 - 06/20/13 09:19 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Wobblyshot1]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: Wobblyshot1

After thinking about it for a while, why do you need extra credit? Study just a little harder, make the grade, and you won't need any extra credit.

I will say beyond a Shadow of doubt that if this teacher, any teacher, is found to be offering xtra-credit to help push their own personal/political agenda - they should be removed from teaching. Ignorance of that nature is exactly why public school systems have the ridiculous curriculums they have to follow to a T, or so I'd guess anyhow.. due to numbskulls doing crap just like this \:\(

#3271829 - 06/20/13 10:47 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Kimber45]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Loc: Hatchie Bottoms

Extra credit is usually NOT under the curriculum guidelines.

What if a teacher could not come up with an extra credit assignment that everyone wanted to do ?

Does the teacher simply deny all the students an opportunity to get extra credit, expecially those that may need extra credit to pass the course?

If a student that has an A average wants to get extra credit just to boost his GPA , but he doesn't like any of the assignments, does the teacher have to deny everyone the right to get extra credit, even a student with a lower grade needing the extra credit.....

if you want the credit, do the assignment. if you don't like the assignment, don't do it....it is the students' choice.

Walk away; the battle they are fighting is not with you, but with themselves.

Page 4 of 7 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Amy pesterfield, Blood seeker, fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain, infantryleadtheway
13288 Registered Users
Who's Online
5 registered (Paul Burns, Planking, Setterman, dewclaw, 1 invisible) and 70 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13288 Members
42 Forums
85367 Topics
1031530 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.263 seconds in which 0.008 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.