Tndeer Logo

Page all of 5 12345>
Topic Options
#3270894 - 06/19/13 06:55 AM Tennessee is doing it
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

In the other thread a kid got into trouble for wearing a NRA t-shirt. In Tennessee a college professor is forcing students to wear ribbons in support of gay rights no mater how they feel or think about the subject.

The people in "authority" were telling the kid he cannot wear a t-shirt about something he DOES believe in and in the other one the same "authority" is forcing the students to were something to support something they do NOT believe in.

Before anybody gets mixed up here, the ones in "authority" are the teachers and professors.

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top...gay-rights.html

#3270900 - 06/19/13 07:14 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Wildcat]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Just do as you're told, and move along, single file, and don't step out of line again.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3270905 - 06/19/13 07:20 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: MUP]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Fascism - Ideas that are so great, they are mandatory

#3270907 - 06/19/13 07:21 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Crappie Luck]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

http://www.columbiastate.edu/lbrunton/faculty/linda-brunton-instructor-information

PROFESSIONAL INTERESTS
AIDS Awareness and Education
Diversity Issues - Except diversity of thought

#3270908 - 06/19/13 07:23 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Crappie Luck]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

#3270944 - 06/19/13 08:02 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Wildcat]
Diehard Hunter
CRAMP
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Wildcat
In the other thread a kid got into trouble for wearing a NRA t-shirt. In Tennessee a college professor is forcing students to wear ribbons in support of gay rights no mater how they feel or think about the subject.

The people in "authority" were telling the kid he cannot wear a t-shirt about something he DOES believe in and in the other one the same "authority" is forcing the students to were something to support something they do NOT believe in.

Before anybody gets mixed up here, the ones in "authority" are the teachers and professors.

I think you need to rethink your title. You say the state of Tennessee is doing this, when in fact it is one person. Do not lump all us teachers and professors together, you are just getting the headlines on one or two people, not the majority of us that actually have sense. If I were to use your logic, I would have to assume you were homosexual because there are homosexual men in tennessee.

#3270947 - 06/19/13 08:08 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Diehard Hunter]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Diehard Hunter

I think you need to rethink your title. You say the state of Tennessee is doing this, when in fact it is one person. Do not lump all us teachers and professors together, you are just getting the headlines on one or two people, not the majority of us that actually have sense. If I were to use your logic, I would have to assume you were homosexual because there are homosexual men in tennessee.

Read the article. If you are a resident of Tennessee and a teacher or professor in that state then CLEAN the house.

Since YOU said all men in Tennessee are homosexual that means YOU are. I do NOT live in Tennessee so I'm not one.

Being a resident of Tennessee YOU are ALLOWING that professor to have it her way. What are YOU going to do to try to change it??

#3270948 - 06/19/13 08:12 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Diehard Hunter]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

Actually the State of TN IS supporting this.

Since the universities get state money, the state is subsidizing this crap. Remember the sex party UT was throwing and the state was kicking in additional funds until the story got out?

Well just because the state stopped kicking in EXTRA money, the university still used "student fee" money. That is to say that a state funded university used school money to support a program that encouraged risky sexual behavior.

The university has approved this by commission or omission.

#3270954 - 06/19/13 08:15 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: fishboy1]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: fishboy1
Actually the State of TN IS supporting this.

Since the universities get state money, the state is subsidizing this crap. Remember the sex party UT was throwing and the state was kicking in additional funds until the story got out?

Well just because the state stopped kicking in EXTRA money, the university still used "student fee" money. That is to say that a state funded university used school money to support a program that encouraged risky sexual behavior.

The university has approved this by commission or omission.

Thank you fishboy. Some people see their state name or more likely the name of their state school and get all twisted up not brothering to really read anything.

Yes the State of Tennessee IS supporting it though their tax dollars. That means the TENNESSEE TAX PAYERS are fully supporting it.

I cannot change the govt of Tennessee but YOU ALL CAN.

#3270959 - 06/19/13 08:19 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Wildcat]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
16 Point

Loc: TN

Here are the contacts. Let's let'em have it.

Campus Locations
Columbia campus: (931) 540-2722
columbia@columbiastate.edu
1665 Hampshire Pike, Columbia, TN 38401
Clifton campus: (931) 676-6966 | fax (931) 676-6941 clifton@columbiastate.edu
795 Main Street, Clifton, TN 38425
Williamson County campus: (615) 790-4400 | fax (615) 790-4405 franklin@columbiastate.edu
104 Claude Yates Drive, Franklin, TN 37064
Lawrence County campus: (931) 766-1600 | fax (931) 766-1602 lawrenceburg@columbiastate.edu
1620 Springer Road, Lawrenceburg, TN 38464
Lewisburg campus: (931) 359-0351 | fax (931) 270-1358 lewisburg@columbiastate.edu
980 South Ellington Parkway, Lewisburg, TN 37091

#3271035 - 06/19/13 09:53 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
rdl65
10 Point

Loc: Washington County

Typical modern day hippy and lesbo.

http://www.columbiastate.edu/lbrunton/faculty/linda-brunton-instructor-information

#3271048 - 06/19/13 10:08 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: rdl65]
RUGER Administrator
Bambi Killa
Non-Typical

Anyone find it ironic where she went to school ? \:D

hee hee

stir stir

#3271059 - 06/19/13 10:23 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: RUGER]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: RUGER
Anyone find it ironic where she went to school ? \:D

hee hee

stir stir

\:D

#3271085 - 06/19/13 10:57 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Wildcat]
Diehard Hunter
CRAMP
12 Point

Read the article. If you are a resident of Tennessee and a teacher or professor in that state then CLEAN the house.

Since YOU said all men in Tennessee are homosexual that means YOU are. I do NOT live in Tennessee so I'm not one.

Being a resident of Tennessee YOU are ALLOWING that professor to have it her way. What are YOU going to do to try to change it??

Sorry for the late response, I was busy spreading my liberal agenda to my students! Now, lets examine what I really said. I said IF I were to use YOUR logic then I would have to assume all men in Tennessee were homosexual because we have homosexual men in Tennessee. Fortunately, I do not use your logic, and I am not prone to lump everyone into the same boat because of what one person does.

As for cleaning house.....what exactly am I to do? I have no sway at that school. If I were able to clean house, and we could have her fired, and sent out of Tennessee, should we send her home? I am sure Kentucky would welcome her back with open arms! Maybe she could lead this seminar that is given every other week there at Western Kentucky University.

Heck, she may even apply to be department head of the Gay and Leabian Studies Department there at Western Kentucky Ubiversity.

http://libguides.wku.edu/content.php?pid=202116

Maybe she can become an active member of Western Kentucky Pride.

http://westkypride.tripod.com/

What is that saying about the log in your eye?

#3271359 - 06/19/13 05:59 PM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Diehard Hunter]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Sorry for the late response, I was busy spreading my liberal agenda to my students! Now, lets examine what I really said. I said IF I were to use YOUR logic then I would have to assume all men in Tennessee were homosexual because we have homosexual men in Tennessee. Fortunately, I do not use your logic, and I am not prone to lump everyone into the same boat because of what one person does.

As for cleaning house.....what exactly am I to do? I have no sway at that school. If I were able to clean house, and we could have her fired, and sent out of Tennessee, should we send her home?

Right there is the problem.

Your TAXES FULLY SPPORT what she did and YOU say not everyone in Tennessee is like that, yet YOUR money is supporting it.

What can you do?? For one you can get off your butt and get out there and help change things instead of letting them go on and on.

If you are a teacher then you seriously need to go back to school. You totally missed my point but fishboy caught it right off the bat. Maybe you follow the union orders but did you ever think maybe you could become a union officer and help control the left leaning back to the right??

Sorry but you missed the whole point.

#3271361 - 06/19/13 06:01 PM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
utfan1
10 Point

Loc: cleveland,tn

hows about a big glass of NO! they giving me a brain sneeze. si
#3271388 - 06/19/13 07:00 PM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Wildcat]
Diehard Hunter
CRAMP
12 Point

As for cleaning house.....what exactly am I to do? I have no sway at that school. If I were able to clean house, and we could have her fired, and sent out of Tennessee, should we send her home?

Your TAXES FULLY SPPORT what she did and YOU say not everyone in Tennessee is like that, yet YOUR money is supporting it.

What can you do?? For one you can get off your butt and get out there and help change things instead of letting them go on and on.

If you are a teacher then you seriously need to go back to school. You totally missed my point but fishboy caught it right off the bat. Maybe you follow the union orders but did you ever think maybe you could become a union officer and help control the left leaning back to the right??

I didn't miss the point at all! You live in a nest of that sin yet you complain about what is happening across the state line. Did you bother looking at the links I posted, right there in western kentucky, where BTW, you pay a lot more taxes for that than I do. We do not have a state income tax. Furthermore, the vast majority of college expenses in Tennessee come from the tuition now. Less and less from the state every year.

Also, if you had read the article you would have seen that the college is investigating the incident. No matter how much you may hate what happened, the instructor does have a right to due process, afforded by TBR policy. Surely you are not suggesting they just jump in and terminate her without investigating the whole issue are you? After all, we cannot choose who has rights and who does not can we?

Maybe you should read Matthew 7:5 before you look for the speck in my eye!

When you are done with that, get off your BUTT and get after WKU. After all, they have a whole department dedicated to educating every student about gays and lesbians. While you are at it, remember that federal law is on their side, thanks to a big push beginning the 1980s, when Ronald Reagan allowed the first gay couple to spend the night in the White House.

From. Ow on don't lump everyone in a state, or a profession into the same boat. One person did this, not the state of Tennessee, and not every college professor. One person. So, I will reiterate.......you need to change your title.

#3271392 - 06/19/13 07:14 PM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Diehard Hunter]
BamaProud
12 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

This thread is ridiculous, both the subject matter and the discussion.

#3271393 - 06/19/13 07:19 PM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Diehard Hunter]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

I didn't miss the point at all! You live in a nest of that sin yet you complain about what is happening across the state line. Did you bother looking at the links I posted, right there in western kentucky, where BTW, you pay a lot more taxes for that than I do. We do not have a state income tax. Furthermore, the vast majority of college expenses in Tennessee come from the tuition now. Less and less from the state every year.

Also, if you had read the article you would have seen that the college is investigating the incident. No matter how much you may hate what happened, the instructor does have a right to due process, afforded by TBR policy. Surely you are not suggesting they just jump in and terminate her without investigating the whole issue are you? After all, we cannot choose who has rights and who does not can we?

Maybe you should read Matthew 7:5 before you look for the speck in my eye!

When you are done with that, get off your BUTT and get after WKU. After all, they have a whole department dedicated to educating every student about gays and lesbians. While you are at it, remember that federal law is on their side, thanks to a big push beginning the 1980s, when Ronald Reagan allowed the first gay couple to spend the night in the White House.

From. Ow on don't lump everyone in a state, or a profession into the same boat. One person did this, not the state of Tennessee, and not every college professor. One person. So, I will reiterate.......you need to change your title.

Nope, you DID miss the point. You let it get you all upset and started right off calling me one of them.

Here is what you said in your FIRST POST..
If I were to use your logic, I would have to assume you were homosexual because there are homosexual men in tennessee.

It shows two things. You did miss the point and you didn't ever know where I lived. You said I'm homosexual since there were homosexual men in Tennessee. I don't live in Tennessee but you missed that too.

What happened was you missed the point and got all upset because another fellow teacher was doing this and you blamed me, you blamed the messager. Once you did that then you had to keep coming back to make it ever worse by saying you didn't miss the point but blamed the system that lets the teachers get away with this. What does that teach the students? Just follow orders and don't rock the boat or stand up for what is right???

Teachers have put LIMITS on me all my life, they THOUGHT they knew what was best for me. Ruger came to my 50th birthday party. The rest of the week I went to every teacher that still lived within 500 miles and was still alive and told them what I had done, I beat all of them by a long shot, they all were still following orders at 50 and did not rock the boat.

#3271396 - 06/19/13 07:23 PM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: BamaProud]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: BamaProud

Read the first post. The point was the student wearing a NRA t-shirt and students being FORCED to support something they did not believe in.

Die Hardhunter took it personally because he's a teacher then attacked me personally in his first post. He attacked the messager and not the teacher.

#3271401 - 06/19/13 07:31 PM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Wildcat]
Redwing
10 Point

Loc: Blount Co.

HE HIT ME FIRST!!!!
#3271403 - 06/19/13 07:32 PM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Diehard Hunter]
Beekeeper
Good ol' Boys "Team Buckcreek"
16 Point

Loc: McMinn Co. Tennessee

Question for Wildcat.

What have you done to address this travesty?

Since most, if not all, universities receive federal money this would appear to be your responsibility as much as it is anyone's.

Unless, of course, you do not pay any federal taxes!

There are liberals in every state that do not care to break the law if they think they can advance their cause by doing so.

There should be an investigation and, if the facts are as they have been presented, she should be fired and barred from teaching for life.

#3271417 - 06/19/13 07:48 PM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Beekeeper]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Beekeeper
Question for Wildcat.

Since most, if not all, universities receive federal money this would appear to be your responsibility as much as it is anyone's.

There are liberals in every state that do not care to break the law if they think they can advance their cause by doing so.

There should be an investigation and, if the facts are as they have been presented, she should be fired and barred from teaching for life.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#3271423 - 06/19/13 07:51 PM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Beekeeper]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Beekeeper
Question for Wildcat.

Please re-read my first post.

"In the other thread a kid got into trouble for wearing a NRA t-shirt. In Tennessee a college professor is forcing students to wear ribbons in support of gay rights no mater how they feel or think about the subject.

Before anybody gets mixed up here, the ones in "authority" are the teachers and professors."

THAT is what my post was about.

Die Hard hunter is a teacher, he took it personal. He can do his part to clean it up better than anybody else.

Doctors get hit on every day, about their bills and them not being in their office, office waiting times, etc. Cops get hit on here too, just look at several threads. Do they all take it personally? Some do. The thing is they are the very people that could have done something to change things instead they followed orders. Remember the "long blue line"?? A LOT of cops never did like that but it was 100% true. Of all the people in America the LEO's were the ones that should have cleaned it up instead of being FORCED to, some did their part while other choose not to do anything to "rock the boat".

It's no different. All it took was one teacher and the whole thread got changed from my first post because he could not put the two together when BOTH had teachers in the middle of them.

#3271444 - 06/19/13 08:06 PM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Wildcat]
Diehard Hunter
CRAMP
12 Point

Dang it......I broke my own rule!

Doesn't matter now. We have an ignore button.

#3271457 - 06/19/13 08:14 PM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: ]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: RutMan
Diehard did not get anything mixed up WC !! You stated that because those in charge of our tax dollars were supporting and we were taxpayers, that we too were supporting and doing it.

We pay taxes because we are law abiding, we do not get to choose what the legislators or the school admins/teachers do from there.

We can vote, write letters, make calls, run for office, but we as individuals cannot always change things alone.

You assume as you always do that we need to get off our butts......how do you know we haven't already ?

Then again.....when your logic and rhetoric is sent back to you, you refuse to answer and dismiss it.

Do what you want others to do before getting on here with your constant diatribe of accusations with no basis of truth because you don't know what anyone here is or is not doing.

Really???

Let me make it easier for you.

http://www.tndeer.com/tndeertalk/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3270894&page=1&nt=3&fpart=1

Read the first post.

Go down and read Die Hard hunters first post and my respond.

Looks like ever YOU missed the boat.

You have got my second post mixed up with my first post. Go re-read it it's right there for everybody to see.

My second post was to Die Hard Hunter.

And now you are blaming me for it like you ALWAYS do. For you all it takes it one single would and it become a mountain.

#3271479 - 06/19/13 08:36 PM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Wildcat]
BamaProud
12 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

Originally Posted By: BamaProud

Read the first post. The point was the student wearing a NRA t-shirt and students being FORCED to support something they did not believe in.

Die Hardhunter took it personally because he's a teacher then attacked me personally in his first post. He attacked the messager and not the teacher.

You don't have to explain anything to me. I read it all myself...and these discussions pretty much all follow the same predictable pattern.

#3271603 - 06/20/13 05:15 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Wildcat]
Buzzard Breath
8 Point

Loc: East

I'm going to go ahead and assume that I've missed the boat also. Must be a pretty small boat. But, in the case of the TN incident, wouldn't the tuition paying students be the ones in authority? Because, if this is such a rampant problem, I wouldn't think anyone would still be going there.
#3271604 - 06/20/13 05:15 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: ]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Diehard did not get anything mixed up WC !! You stated that because those in charge of our tax dollars were supporting and we were taxpayers, that we too were supporting and doing it.

We pay taxes because we are law abiding, we do not get to choose what the legislators or the school admins/teachers do from there.

We can vote, write letters, make calls, run for office, but we as individuals cannot always change things alone.

You assume as you always do that we need to get off our butts......how do you know we haven't already ?

Then again.....when your logic and rhetoric is sent back to you, you refuse to answer and dismiss it.

Do what you want others to do before getting on here with your constant diatribe of accusations with no basis of truth because you don't know what anyone here is or is not doing.

Really???

http://www.tndeer.com/tndeertalk/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3270894&page=1&nt=3&fpart=1

Read the first post.

You have got my second post mixed up with my first post. Go re-read it it's right there for everybody to see.

And now you are blaming me for it like you ALWAYS do. For you all it takes it one single would and it become a mountain.

Don't need to re-read anything, but you obviously can't read period. Just more of your BS as of late where you refuse to answer questions turned back at you and turn what is written to try and make you seem right. I should just stick to my rule of never arguing with an idiot as they will take you to their level and beat you with experience.

Have a good one WC !!! \:D

You just PROVED two points I have made.

You cannot read, you only see what you want to see and nothing more.

First off I pointed out the professor FORCED students to wear something in SUPPORT of something they did NOT believe in.

The upset teacher on here came back with CLASSES offered in WKU, it doesn't say anywhere they were REQUIRED so they are NOT FORCING anybody to do anything. Which is not the same thing. But you missed that too and I didn't ever write it. You then posted that it seems like I should clean up my state. From what, like I said they are NOT FORCING anybody to do anything. Which was the whole point of my first post. I posted to Diehard Hunter who said he was a teacher and asked him what he is doing to change this. I am not a teacher but a taxpayer, I can only go though the school board and State Legislature. I've never been a cop so I could only though Congress and the State Legislature to force them to clean up the "long blue line".

Number two. This is the second time in a month you have called me a name on here.

Since you have done that then I can return the favor. Seems like YOU have become a puppet for someone else over the last couple months.

#3271606 - 06/20/13 05:22 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Buzzard Breath]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Buzzard Breath
I'm going to go ahead and assume that I've missed the boat also. Must be a pretty small boat. But, in the case of the TN incident, wouldn't the tuition paying students be the ones in authority? Because, if this is such a rampant problem, I wouldn't think anyone would still be going there.

Here's the simple point, this is ALL it was, except for two people that made it into something totally different.

"In the other thread a kid got into trouble for wearing a NRA t-shirt. In Tennessee a college professor is forcing students to wear ribbons in support of gay rights no mater how they feel or think about the subject.

The people in "authority" were telling the kid he cannot wear a t-shirt about something he DOES believe in and in the other one the same "authority" is forcing the students to were something to support something they do NOT believe in. "

The whole point was one teacher was trying to FORCE a kid NOT to wear something he BELIEVED IN.

On the other end another "teacher" was FORCING the kids to were something they did NOT believe in.

That's all, nothing more.

#3271610 - 06/20/13 05:46 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Wildcat]
Buzzard Breath
8 Point

Loc: East

Originally Posted By: Buzzard Breath

Here's the simple point, this is ALL it was, except for two people that made it into something totally different.

The people in "authority" were telling the kid he cannot wear a t-shirt about something he DOES believe in and in the other one the same "authority" is forcing the students to were something to support something they do NOT believe in. "

The whole point was one teacher was trying to FORCE a kid NOT to wear something he BELIEVED IN.

On the other end another "teacher" was FORCING the kids to were something they did NOT believe in.

That's all, nothing more.

10-4

I now see where our difference of opinion is. I believe kids should be forced into doing things they don't want to. If we always let them do what they want, they would do nothing more than sit around the house watching cartoons and eating mac & cheese.

#3271639 - 06/20/13 06:37 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Wildcat]
Wobblyshot1
8 Point

Loc: Rutherford County

It is my understanding that the teacher did not force the students to wear the gay rights symbol. The assignment was for extra credit only. The problem I see was that another news source reported that it was the only extra credit project that she offered.

After thinking about it for a while, why do you need extra credit? Study just a little harder, make the grade, and you won't need any extra credit.
N.M.L.R.A. Member
I like Flintlocks!

#3271673 - 06/20/13 07:37 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Wobblyshot1]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Loc: Hatchie Bottoms

Once again, I need more info. if this was NOT mandatory, then I have no issue with it. If is WAS mandatory, then I do not agree with it. Even though, I never agreed with having to read certain books to obtain a grade in a certain course either...

I do think that if we only teach curriculum that everyone believes in or everyone wants to learn, then there's a lot of stuff that most of us wouldn't know right now...lol.

I wonder if the teacher has to follow a certain guideline/curriculum or if it's up to each individual teacher?

Gay Rights is a hot topic these days, much like the NRA.

Especially in this type of class, topics of the day may be what they are about, not like a biology or math class....

I didn't care much about communism but I had to learn about it in school......

I have no idea what the TRUE story is here. Certain news sources twist things around so much that it's hard to know the whole truth.

I will say this......I have no idea how this teacher could possibly enforce the rule to wear the ribbon all day when she only has the students for an hour that day. Most kids would simply take it off when they left the classroom. Instead of simply putting it on as you walked in the classroom and taking it off when you left, they make a big deal about it, and thusly we are sitting here debating legalities of something that happened in a classroom in a small community college in our great state. Ten years ago....neither this story or the NRA shirt story would have even been a story, imo.

If this was for extra credit, then shut up and just not do it. If is was mandatory to get a grade in the class, then drop the course, complain to the board of the school and threaten to leave the college. if they start losing students and their money because of this teacher, the school itself will take care of it......

we sure live in whiney times....

amazing.

Walk away; the battle they are fighting is not with you, but with themselves.

#3271703 - 06/20/13 08:19 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Wobblyshot1]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: Wobblyshot1
It is my understanding that the teacher did not force the students to wear the gay rights symbol. The assignment was for extra credit only. The problem I see was that another news source reported that it was the only extra credit project that she offered.

Vary similar to the way the federal government "encourages" the states do adopt policies that it has no Constitutional authority to pressure states to do. We [the feds] will withhold federal highway funds if you don't make this law or we will give you x billion dollars (extra credit) if you implement Obamacare exchanges.

Imagine for a minute you are a college student and this "extra credit" that goes against what you believe in is the difference in a letter grade or pass and fail.

Now imagine what the result be if the teacher had given her students the extra credit assignment of wearing a cross, the NRA logo, or a white pride ribbon for the day.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3271743 - 06/20/13 08:57 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: de novo]
DirtyBear0311
8 Point

Loc: Milan, TN

It is my belief that if a certain extra credit is assigned that only a certain group of people believe in while another group of students have moral objections against that particular assignment, then another one should be offered that everyone can do. I recognize that catering to every students sense of morals would be difficult if the extra credit were to revolve around a certain social issue and some seminar about it or a statement like this ribbon thing. However, why cant some extra credit be offered that is about extra coursework like a few page essay or some other equally non-offensive thing? If ones sense or morals precludes them from partaking in a certain extra credit then it is not really available to them and I view that as discrimination.

Just because it's bad-a** don't mean it's a good idea.

#3271769 - 06/20/13 09:19 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Wobblyshot1]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

After thinking about it for a while, why do you need extra credit? Study just a little harder, make the grade, and you won't need any extra credit.

I will say beyond a Shadow of doubt that if this teacher, any teacher, is found to be offering xtra-credit to help push their own personal/political agenda - they should be removed from teaching. Ignorance of that nature is exactly why public school systems have the ridiculous curriculums they have to follow to a T, or so I'd guess anyhow.. due to numbskulls doing crap just like this \:\(

#3271829 - 06/20/13 10:47 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Kimber45]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Extra credit is usually NOT under the curriculum guidelines.

What if a teacher could not come up with an extra credit assignment that everyone wanted to do ?

Does the teacher simply deny all the students an opportunity to get extra credit, expecially those that may need extra credit to pass the course?

If a student that has an A average wants to get extra credit just to boost his GPA , but he doesn't like any of the assignments, does the teacher have to deny everyone the right to get extra credit, even a student with a lower grade needing the extra credit.....

if you want the credit, do the assignment. if you don't like the assignment, don't do it....it is the students' choice.

#3271836 - 06/20/13 10:54 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Bottom Hunter]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Extra credit just consists of something of a neutral, usually class specific, nature. Not how far left you can send your students, or how far right for that matter.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3271854 - 06/20/13 11:25 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: MUP]
Hangnail
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

College instructors are not teachers. They're instructors or professors. Teachers are in K-12. One you pay to attend. One you have to attend by law.

If extra credit is offered to wear a pro-gay anything and you don't support the lifestyle, you have a choice to make. Wear it or don't.

The comparison has been made between the kid/t-shirt and this gay support issue. They couldn't be more different and have nothing in common, other than they both include personal choice and judgement. But then, so does deciding what to have for dinner.

#3271920 - 06/20/13 12:33 PM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Wildcat]
preds1
12 Point

Loc: Sumner County

In Tennessee a college professor is forcing students to wear ribbons in support of gay rights no mater how they feel or think about the subject.

Gotta watch out for them gay rights people here in TN.
One of 'em ran out in front of me on the way to work this morning.

#3272544 - 06/21/13 07:00 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: ]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Really???

Read the first post.

Don't need to re-read anything, but you obviously can't read period. Just more of your BS as of late where you refuse to answer questions turned back at you and turn what is written to try and make you seem right. I should just stick to my rule of never arguing with an idiot as they will take you to their level and beat you with experience.

First off I pointed out the professor FORCED students to wear something in SUPPORT of something they did NOT believe in.

The upset teacher on here came back with CLASSES offered in WKU, it doesn't say anywhere they were REQUIRED so they are NOT FORCING anybody to do anything. Which is not the same thing. But you missed that too and I didn't ever write it. You then posted that it seems like I should clean up my state. From what, like I said they are NOT FORCING anybody to do anything. Which was the whole point of my first post. I posted to Diehard Hunter who said he was a teacher and asked him what he is doing to change this. I am not a teacher but a taxpayer, I can only go though the school board and State Legislature. I've never been a cop so I could only though Congress and the State Legislature to force them to clean up the "long blue line".

Number two. This is the second time in a month you have called me a name on here.

Since you have done that then I can return the favor. Seems like YOU have become a puppet for someone else over the last couple months.

Were you born stupid or have you spent your life getting to that point ? You have yet to understand anything I said, same as always.

BTW, you called me a liar twice a couple months ago, now it is a puppet. Anytime you wish, we can discuss it in private face to face and see how brave you are then.

Now you ARE threating me.

Like I said you have called me a name twice in the last month and now a third one.

How many more TnDeer rules will you keep breaking???

I TRIED to go private last time and you put it out in public, which is also against the rules. I still have that copied to my hard drive as proof.

#3272555 - 06/21/13 07:11 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Wildcat]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Ruh Roh Shaggy

#3272593 - 06/21/13 08:00 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Kimber45]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Loc: Franklin County

You guys need to just cool off. What you are arguing about isn't worth getting all stirred up over. This has gotten to the point where pride is taking over and you aren't going to settle anything. Walk away from it and let it go. \:\)
#3273080 - 06/21/13 04:48 PM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Wobblyshot1]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

It is my understanding that the teacher did not force the students to wear the gay rights symbol. The assignment was for extra credit only.

Oh, so it's not mandatory. It's jus that students who give the "thumbs up" for butt sex get a higher grade than those who don't (Christians).

Yea, that's legal.....

She should be FIRED

#3273085 - 06/21/13 04:57 PM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: ]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Really???

Read the first post.

Were you born stupid or have you spent your life getting to that point ? You have yet to understand anything I said, same as always.

BTW, you called me a liar twice a couple months ago, now it is a puppet. Anytime you wish, we can discuss it in private face to face and see how brave you are then.

Now you ARE threating me.

Like I said you have called me a name twice in the last month and now a third one.

How many more TnDeer rules will you keep breaking???

I TRIED to go private last time and you put it out in public, which is also against the rules. I still have that copied to my hard drive as proof.

1- YOU need to learn definition of a threat and learn how to spell the word.

2- The name calling crap began with you on this site, but you can't seem to grasp that or anything else for that matter.

3- All this has nothing to do with this thread, but more to do with Zija and youngandfree/hogguide.

4- Funny how you break rules here every day, but only lay blame on others.

5- I took it public when you refused to stop sending me PM's like I requested.

6- I have it all saved to little boy.

I'm done with this and you, but place this in your skull. ANY remarks concerning anything we do business wise IS a remark toward my wife as well.

I would refrain from that if I were you.

Very sad who you have turned into Charlie, but you don't know me as well as you may think you do.

IF I have violated any rules by defending myself on here from what all has been said to,toward or about my wife and I.......then tndeer can do whatever it feels necessary.

Nope the name calling calling started with you. I have the thread and it shows you started it. I can prove it.

I have nothing to do with any of your business, maybe it was you that started attacking me because of that.

You made one mistake. You posted it public in less than 1 1/2 minutes BEFORE you PMed me to stop. You forgot the time stamp on the posts. I kept them all and once again can prove it. In fact I have shown the whole thing to a couple friends that are NOT Tndeer members and they can clearly see it the way I am telling it.

You started after me on several threads before I asked you what the hell was going on in the PM. You blew up then and it's been down hill ever since.

Maybe you was right t was about the Zija, but it was not coming from my end, it must have come from your end since I have not said anything about that or hogguide since he left, not once. If I did then find the threads and date them. I kept my word to Ruger that I would not say anything about it again. so It must be you.

#3273102 - 06/21/13 05:29 PM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Wildcat]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

Making something like this "extra credit" in any course at any level of education is a pathetic joke. BH defending something so absurd is a given, but I hope I'm misinterpreting some of the comments from other folks.

So BH, please tell us - just how much academic "extra credit" would you award for wearing a gay rights symbol in your General Psychology class? What other academically challenging and equally valuable extra credit assignments might you think up for your students?

#3273115 - 06/21/13 05:43 PM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Vermin93]
Vermin93
12 Point

Maybe this will help.

#3273123 - 06/21/13 05:57 PM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Vermin93]
BigD_625
10 Point

Loc: Maury County, TN

Most informative article I've found on the subject so far.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/201306...-sparks-protest

#3273133 - 06/21/13 06:17 PM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: BigD_625]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville TN

This is really bad blaming one state for what every state is doing in some forum or fashion.

Question is what are we all going to do about it all.

#3273152 - 06/21/13 06:45 PM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Stalkhunter]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Stalkhunter

Question is what are we all going to do about it all.

Lacking honest - Christ based leadership in the necessary seats of power, we will do little but fall subject to the disease

#3273168 - 06/21/13 07:16 PM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Kimber45]
Hangnail
14 Point

My kids are grown, so I don't really care what the schools are finding important these days other than the three R's. I've fought those battles. It's a different world out there, even across the street.
#3273176 - 06/21/13 07:31 PM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: BigD_625]
Vermin93
12 Point

Originally Posted By: BigD_625
Most informative article I've found on the subject so far.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/201306...-sparks-protest

After reading that I quickly concluded a couple things.-

- It's easy to see why the Democrats clean up on the youth vote in elections and why support for gay marriage and other liberal social causes grows every year. The almost unfettered opportunity they have to politically and socially influence impressionable young people at America's colleges is very disturbing. They seem to be doing a very good job of it.

- Thank goodness I decided to study engineering in college. The rampant liberalism that infects so many study majors like psychology would have driven me nuts. The term "liberal arts" is fitting. At least there were a few moderate and conservative professors teaching me engineering, and even if they were over the top liberals like Dr. Brunton, it would have been hard for them to come up with an engineering assignment about "sexual diversity".

#3273218 - 06/21/13 08:42 PM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Vermin93]
Camp David
12 Point

Good points vermin.

#3273432 - 06/22/13 07:52 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Camp David]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

The world is changing.....if you care to do the brief research needed, you will see that Christianity is the strongest religion on the planet. Always will be, imo. No one is closing down churches, segregating against the religion or even trying to deny any Christian their legal rights......

The thing is that in today's world, many Christian organizations are realizing that they can't bully people anymore, they can't tell people how to live and what they can and can not do and this is making them mad. Some people are tired of Christians forcing their religion down their throats and then complaining anytime another religion or even an atheist wants a turn at the podium, so to speak. What are they afraid of? they are going to heaven, right? They are going to spend eternity with God, right? So, why are they so concerned about this little time on earth?

If their faith is strong, then allowing gays, atheists and
other religions equal rights on the planet should not have anything to do with them.

But Christians are like politicians. it's either their way or the highway....republicans can't work with dems and so forth. Similarly, even though we are bombarded everyday by facebook ads , tv ads and radio spots about chrisitianity and "our" God, as some phrase it, even if one "other" group puts a toe in the door of freedom and equal rights, the Christians want to shut it.

The government would be a much stronger, more efficient group if both reps and dems worked together. The planet would be a much better place if all religions could work together.....but, since religions have fought since the very beginning of time, I guess we can forget about peace on earth and good will to men. Simply allowing others to be who they are and just leave them alone might go along way to accomplishing that.

I was reading through all of this and was wondering what this discussion would have been like if the extra credit was a christian themed assignment and there were some atheists or muslim students raising heck about not wanting to do the assignment?

I can only imagine some of the comments on here...lol.

#3273677 - 06/22/13 06:29 PM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Vermin93
12 Point

Might as well start at the top...

Originally Posted By: Bottom Hunter
The world is changing.....if you care to do the brief research needed, you will see that Christianity is the strongest religion on the planet. Always will be, imo. No one is closing down churches, segregating against the religion or even trying to deny any Christian their legal rights......

Oh really?

Some 100,000 Christians killed per year over faith

The thing is that in today's world, many Christian organizations are realizing that they can't bully people anymore, they can't tell people how to live and what they can and can not do and this is making them mad. Some people are tired of Christians forcing their religion down their throats and then complaining anytime another religion or even an atheist wants a turn at the podium, so to speak

Yeah, those Christians pushing Sharia Law on the streets of America and the world are out of control! Oh, wait...

What are they afraid of? they are going to heaven, right? They are going to spend eternity with God, right? So, why are they so concerned about this little time on earth?

Exactly! Why not just seek martyrdom and 72 virgins instead of wasting time on earth trying to live out one's faith and it's core principles.

If their faith is strong, then allowing gays, atheists and other religions equal rights on the planet should not have anything to do with them.

You need perspective. See again the link I posted above. We get it - you think anyone should be able to "marry" anyone...and adopt...and do who knows what else under the guise of "equal rights". FYI - Muslims hate you for that and several million of them would like to kill you because of it.

But Christians are like politicians. it's either their way or the highway....republicans can't work with dems and so forth.

Yep, and the nonreligious, Muslims, Hindus, Jews, anarchists, liberals, unions, Democrats, environmentalists, feminists, NARAL, etc. are the great compromisers.

Similarly, even though we are bombarded everyday by facebook ads , tv ads and radio spots about chrisitianity and "our" God, as some phrase it, even if one "other" group puts a toe in the door of freedom and equal rights, the Christians want to shut it.

I think most of us have grown accustomed to your hyperbole when discussing Christianity. This statement is just a disingenuous and ridiculous exaggeration. Bombarded, my arse.

The government would be a much stronger, more efficient group if both reps and dems worked together. The planet would be a much better place if all religions could work together.....but, since religions have fought since the very beginning of time, I guess we can forget about peace on earth and good will to men.

Or we can all hope and pray that one day Islam will finally mature globally. The world currently has Muslims fighting Christians, Muslims fighting Jews, Muslims fighting Hindus and Muslims fighting atheists. Hmmm...coincidence?

Simply allowing others to be who they are and just leave them alone might go along way to accomplishing that.

Oh, the irony! Now go put on your gay pride ribbon and write a paper supporting gay marriage and sexual diversity or you don't get any extra credit. Yes, I know we're talking about general psychology class here, but gay rights are that important...to me.

I was reading through all of this and was wondering what this discussion would have been like if the extra credit was a christian themed assignment and there were some atheists or muslim students raising heck about not wanting to do the assignment?

I can only imagine some of the comments on here...lol.

Except you have no example of that happening any time recently, do you?

I'll ask again...

So BH, please tell us - just how much academic "extra credit" would you award for wearing a gay rights symbol in your General Psychology class?

#3273795 - 06/23/13 12:06 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: ]
Hangnail
14 Point

This isn't any of my business, but for crying out loud, stop with the internet tough guy crap.
#3273822 - 06/23/13 06:03 AM Re: Tennessee is doing it [Re: Hangnail]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Here's my last post on this thread.

I stand by everything I posted and I have had family and friends NOT members of TnDeer read both the 2 threads and the PM's. They agree with everything I have posted.

Rutman attacked me in another thread about the guy carrying his AR-15 in the city limits. Instead of fighting him on the open forum I took it to PM like we are suppose to do. He called me out on the open forum and posted about the PM which are both MAJOR BREAKS in the rules. Not only did I point that out another member caught that too and posted so. Not only that but I never cussed him out, I've posted much worst on the open forum than that PM I send him and others have seen it and agree with me.

Go back and re-read our posts here on this thread, All he's posted about here is against me and not the subject.

By his own posts he is the one that brought up his business, a former member and his wife. Show me anywhere I have brought them up except to answer his posts where he brought them up or I have posted against them. Like I said in the posts I was simply returning the favor AFTER he called me several names because nothing was done about his name calling.

Months ago Ruger got on me, ever since I have not posted on that business or the former member.

It is a shame what has happened here. I met Rutman long ago and we hunted together, He has always been a friend to me on here both on the open forum and though PM's. What has happened the last couple weeks I have no idea. That's the reason I send the PM in the first place, it was asking him what the hell was going on, ( THAT was the so called cussing out part).Things went to crap from there. He's right about one thing, I don't know him like I used to, he's not the same person I used to know.

Page all of 5 12345>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
6 registered (vanleerbuckbuster, pse2, Daniel Willoughby, SX3Mike, Cowman71, rsimms) and 83 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.017 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.