Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3268788 - 06/16/13 06:05 AM Don't want to be tracked
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

If you don't want to be tracked while searching like Google does then try this one. They are search engine that puts privacy first and as such it does not store IP addresses, does not log user information and uses cookies only when needed. Weinberg states "By default, DuckDuckGo does not collect or share personal information."

Saw it on Fox & Friends this morning.

DuckDuckGo.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DuckDuckGo

#3268805 - 06/16/13 07:37 AM Re: Don't want to be tracked [Re: Wildcat]
Eric Kilby
10 Point

Loc: Tellico Plains

confused Online
Its to late for me Im sure that I have already made it to a list ... I have searched bomb making numerous times and anti Obama web sites... and many many more things that most likely flagged me lol

#3268810 - 06/16/13 07:54 AM Re: Don't want to be tracked [Re: Eric Kilby]
WestTn Huntin'man
16 Point

Loc: Benton Co.

It is not just your search engines. Do you you Yahoo ?? Hotmail,instant messenger ??Version ?? If it goes thru a satellite ,uses a digital signal,you are track-able. Thanks for the info. I figure I'm just a average Joe nothing much I know or want to know that anyone needs to waste time and money tracing or tracking.
Proverbs 3:27 Whenever you possibly can, do good to those who need it

#3268821 - 06/16/13 08:04 AM Re: Don't want to be tracked [Re: WestTn Huntin'man]
WestTn Huntin'man
16 Point

Loc: Benton Co.

Most Browsers collect info also. The Paranoid Kit is a good add on for FireFox to prevent a lot of the tracking.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/collections/theparadox/paranoia/
Proverbs 3:27 Whenever you possibly can, do good to those who need it

#3268824 - 06/16/13 08:20 AM Re: Don't want to be tracked [Re: WestTn Huntin'man]
Eric Kilby
10 Point

Loc: Tellico Plains

confused Online
Well up till recently all my searching was done on a straight talk phone ( Verizon )

#3268864 - 06/16/13 09:30 AM Re: Don't want to be tracked [Re: Eric Kilby]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Loc: Hatchie Bottoms

I always have believed that big brother has been watching us for a long time, not just recently. Nothing that I read or see these days surprises me at all. I expected it.

There are far too many people in this country that would like to and are capable of doing harm to Americans. Many of them NOT government employees.

Unlike most, I have no issue with the government knowing a great deal about me. Again, I have always believed that they did anyway.

The thing that bothers me is that when bad things happen and the government isn't in a position to stop it from happening, well, people die and the government usually gets the blame.

The exact same ways that the government CAN spy on you is the exact same way they can save American lives. I guess we have to simply understand that and take the good with the bad.

JMO

Walk away; the battle they are fighting is not with you, but with themselves.

#3268981 - 06/16/13 02:13 PM Re: Don't want to be tracked [Re: Bottom Hunter]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

content Online
What bothers me is any violation of my constitutional rights...period. One warrant doesn't legally empower the govt to invade the private lives of ALL Americans.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3268982 - 06/16/13 02:15 PM Re: Don't want to be tracked [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: Bottom Hunter
I always have believed that big brother has been watching us for a long time, not just recently. Nothing that I read or see these days surprises me at all. I expected it.

There are far too many people in this country that would like to and are capable of doing harm to Americans. Many of them NOT government employees.

Unlike most, I have no issue with the government knowing a great deal about me. Again, I have always believed that they did anyway.

The thing that bothers me is that when bad things happen and the government isn't in a position to stop it from happening, well, people die and the government usually gets the blame.

The exact same ways that the government CAN spy on you is the exact same way they can save American lives. I guess we have to simply understand that and take the good with the bad.

JMO

What does this have to do what I posted???

Take what you just posted here and go to Boston and tell the families of the dead that the govt COULD have stopped them.

Instead of looking into a couple good ol muslim boys calling and emailing Chechnya who they COULD have spied on they choosed to spy on American conservatives and Tea Party members.

I can fully understand why you are 100% for that.

#3269039 - 06/16/13 04:11 PM Re: Don't want to be tracked [Re: Wildcat]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

content Online
There is NOTHING you can get to keep them from tracking you. These are just people trying to capitalize on peoples fears. The ONLY way to keep them from "tracking" you is throw away your cell phone and don't get online......... But we know that wont happen.

Μολων λαβε

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Fish N Hunt, bowednlazy, ULTIMATE TARGETS, Philski, Original Booger
13295 Registered Users
Who's Online
96 registered (T.J., TNLynn, lungpuncher1, MUP, woodsman87, easy45, 9 invisible) and 130 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13295 Members
42 Forums
85673 Topics
1035328 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.245 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.