Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#3268185 - 06/14/13 03:01 PM Marine Quotes.
Stalkhunter
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville TN

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!
Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945

Love her LOL

Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.
RAdm. "Jay" R. Stark, USN; 10 November 1995

Come on, you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?
GySgt. Daniel J. "Dan" Daly, USMC
near Lucy-`le-Bocage as he led the 5th Marines' attack into Belleau Wood, 6 June 1918

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.
Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold.
1stLt. Clifton B. Cates, USMC
in Belleau Wood, 19 July 1918

Every Marine is, first and foremost, a rifleman. All other conditions are secondary.
Gen. A. M. Gray, USMC
Commandant of the Marine Corps

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3268379 - 06/14/13 10:02 PM Re: Marine Quotes. [Re: Stalkhunter]
hunter0925
8 Point

Loc: TN, Rhea,

Roger that George, and even an Army guy like me has to admit that it is always best to have a Devil Dog unit on your flank in combat because that's one flank you don't have to worry about. Here's a true story: In 2003 when the Marines and the Army 3d Infantry Division had taken down Baghdad and had truck convoys scattered all the way into Kuwait, I was a plans officer at USCENTCOM when our intelligence intercepted an order from the Iraqi insurgency commander. It was a field order to all the insurgent unit commanders and it went something like this:

"Resistance Commanders, When attacking supply and truck units you must be aware that there are two different American "armies":

1. The US Army which wears tan desert uniforms like this (photo of a
Soldier wearing the old desert uniform); and.

2. The US Marine Corps which wears a different uniform like this (photo of a Marine wearing the newly issued USMC digital uniform).

When planning your attacks on supply lines and truck convoys ensure that you do NOT attack a US Marine unit. If you do, these supply-unit Marines will immediately act like Army infantry and they will attack you and hunt every one of your men down and kill them. The US Army truck and supply units will not pursue you. Attack them instead."

As deeply embarrassing as that was to the entire US Army, it was a long time coming. As an Infantryman, I know that in the past 25 years we trained the hell out of our active duty combat units but we let the rest
of the force waste away. The Army has a long ways to go, but we have rectified some of these problems in the past four years. It's just sad that we had to let the enemy tell us how screwed up we were.

VR,

John A. Keenan
Colonel, USMC (Ret)

I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you f#$% with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Marines know how to use their bayonets. Army bayonets may as well be paper-weights.
Navy Times; November 1994

Why in hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines.
Gen. John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February 1918

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.
Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

The bended knee is not a tradition of our Corps.
General Alexander A. Vandergrift, USMC
to the Senate Naval Affairs Committee, 5 May 1946

Here's health to you and to our Corps
Which we are proud to serve;
In many a strife we've fought for life
And never lost our nerve;
If the Army and the Navy
Ever look on Heaven’s scenes;
They will find the streets are guarded
By United States Marines.

#3268386 - 06/14/13 10:11 PM Re: Marine Quotes. [Re: hunter0925]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

Semper Fi

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3268388 - 06/14/13 10:14 PM Re: Marine Quotes. [Re: hunter0925]
DirtyBear0311
8 Point

Loc: Milan, TN

oorah

Just because it's bad-a** don't mean it's a good idea.

#3268445 - 06/15/13 05:00 AM Re: Marine Quotes. [Re: DirtyBear0311]
hunter0925
8 Point

Loc: TN, Rhea,

Originally Posted By: DirtyBear0311
oorah

Your handle says enough my friend. We are infantry brothers.

#3268520 - 06/15/13 11:34 AM Re: Marine Quotes. [Re: hunter0925]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

Hunter we bust each others butts on who's the best but when the metal meets the meat we are all Brothers in war.

Infantry brothers no matter USMC or Army I will cover your back no matter what American Uniform you wear. As I told by big brother once(USAF) "I sleep well on the front line knowing your back home with your finger on the button".(SAC)

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3268552 - 06/15/13 01:21 PM Re: Marine Quotes. [Re: Stalkhunter]
Tony USMC
8 Point

Loc: Rockwood,TN USA

No better friend , no worse enemy !!! Gen. "Mad Dod" Mattis when I was over there! I would follow him anywhere .

#3268554 - 06/15/13 01:25 PM Re: Marine Quotes. [Re: Tony USMC]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

"I love the smell of an asphalt grinder first thing in the morning"-SSGT Lepley

#3268591 - 06/15/13 04:01 PM Re: Marine Quotes. [Re: AndyW]
Bone Collector
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Semper Fi!

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
General James Mattis

#3268640 - 06/15/13 06:20 PM Re: Marine Quotes. [Re: Bone Collector]
mjac
Spike

Loc: Tellico Plains

My two most favorite people are Navy Corpsmen and Marine medivac helicopter pilots - MEJ, A Shau Valley, 1968

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85, Deadeye14, woodie
13110 Registered Users
Who's Online
7 registered (hunter drew, old guy, MoonBuzzard, matt_brown, BamaProud, paincave_2000, 1 invisible) and 48 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13110 Members
42 Forums
89105 Topics
1042145 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.233 seconds in which 0.021 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.