Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#3266630 - 06/12/13 10:32 AM Re: MOON PHASE [Re: BHC]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Everyone has different opinions on this.

But my data suggests, for those hunting primarily mornings and evenings (traditional hunting times), a waning moon from 40% of the moon's face illuminated down to the New Moon (0% illuminated).

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3266829 - 06/12/13 03:12 PM Re: MOON PHASE [Re: BHC]
TENN.BOY
4 Point

Loc: Halls

I would say the waxing moon ,a does reproductive cycle is influenced by the differant moon phases and starts to peak about a week surrounding the second full moon after the autumnal equinox so that means more bucks will on there feet lookin for something to hang out with
#3266867 - 06/12/13 04:02 PM Re: MOON PHASE [Re: TENN.BOY]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: TENN.BOY
I would say the waxing moon ,a does reproductive cycle is influenced by the differant moon phases and starts to peak about a week surrounding the second full moon after the autumnal equinox

That is absolutely untrue. A doe's reproductive cycle is not influenced at all by moon phase.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3267480 - 06/13/13 01:28 PM Re: MOON PHASE [Re: BSK]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

Originally Posted By: BSK
I would say the waxing moon ,a does reproductive cycle is influenced by the differant moon phases and starts to peak about a week surrounding the second full moon after the autumnal equinox

That is absolutely untrue. A doe's reproductive cycle is not influenced at all by moon phase.

X@ been factualy proven. Not even debatable.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#3267511 - 06/13/13 02:03 PM Re: MOON PHASE [Re: ]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: CAMARO12
Charlie Alsheimer will hate to hear that. \:\(

Yes, he will. But he knows he's wrong.

#3267782 - 06/13/13 08:43 PM Re: MOON PHASE [Re: BSK]
TENN.BOY
4 Point

Loc: Halls

Well I guess the 5 P@Y bucks a good friend of mine has killed in ohio with a bow and has hanging on his wall by hunting the moon phases was just luck!!!!!!!!so on that I will just keep on keepin on and go get me a bowl of popcorn too
#3267819 - 06/13/13 09:30 PM Re: MOON PHASE [Re: TENN.BOY]
ky doublelung
4 Point

Loc: Whitetail Lodge, Nelson County...

Let me suggest this, starting mid October, get you rear end in the tree as much as you can! We wait all year for about a 4 to 6 week window. Get the wind in your favor and log in tree time.....
Cactus Cal Longbow 55 lbs @ 28"

#3267846 - 06/13/13 10:20 PM Re: MOON PHASE [Re: TENN.BOY]
Master Chief
10 Point

Loc: Henderson County

Well I guess the 5 P@Y bucks a good friend of mine has killed in ohio with a bow and has hanging on his wall by hunting the moon phases was just luck!!!!!!!!so on that I will just keep on keepin on and go get me a bowl of popcorn too

How does one hunt the moon phases?

Don't go ridin' on that long black train ;\)

#3267941 - 06/14/13 06:45 AM Re: MOON PHASE [Re: TENN.BOY]
bowriter
Non-Typical

No, not luck. I'm sure some skill was involved. However, the moon had nothing to do with it. You see, I have a few more than five on my wall, bow killed and the moon never figured into killing a single one of them. One of the better ones, was killed on a 98-degree day with a full moon and he was rattled in. If you hunt "right", the moon is of little consequence. However, if you believe in it, it may make you hunt harder and lnoger.

If you hunt where the big deer are, you have an excellent chance of killing a P&Y buck if that is your desire and you have the skills. The rut will be just about when it has always been regardless of the moon. Killing five P&Y bucks is not much of a chore in Ohio. The minimum, 125-inches is not that great, especially for that state.

Hunting whenever it gets cool-cold increases your odds as they begin to travel more and cold weather does not depend on the moon, just as the rut does not. If you were to get fetal studies from Ohio, you would find that over the past 30-years, the rut has been within about 14 days of the same time every year and most commonly, within seven days. The moon, though powerfull, is not a factor. Don't confuse what you see with what is actually happening.

I take mine with salt.

#3267942 - 06/14/13 06:48 AM Re: MOON PHASE [Re: ky doublelung]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: ky doublelung
Let me suggest this, starting mid October, get you rear end in the tree as much as you can! We wait all year for about a 4 to 6 week window. Get the wind in your favor and log in tree time.....

That just about summs it up. The only thing I would add is pay more attention and tree time to two factors. (1) Try to hunt before severe weather changes of any kind. (2) Pay more tree-time to the colder days.

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
JPG3, red arrow, ICUFLY, east_tn_gk, cruiser sailor
13210 Registered Users
Who's Online
8 registered (smyrnagc, RxHunter, Tenn.Guy, shaneb, FrontierGander, remke) and 51 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13210 Members
42 Forums
91626 Topics
1070941 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.091 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.