Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3256396 - 05/28/13 11:29 AM 7 Foods a nutritionists would never eat
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

content Online
http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/diet-tips/7-foods-nutritionist-would-never-eat

Dr. Mike Roussell

Rice Cakes. They may have been touted as the ultimate diet food during the low-fat/no-fat craze of the late 1980s and 1990s, but don’t be fooled. Rice cakes have a glycemic index rating as high as 91 (out of 100), making it the kind of carbohydrate that will send your blood sugar on a roller coaster ride.

Fat-Free Salad Dressing. Fat-free salad dressings are a perfect example of good food gone bad. Salad dressing is the perfect combination of vinegar (which helps control blood sugar) and plant oils (full of essential fatty acids and sometimes antioxidants). However, an irrational fear of dietary fats has forced food companies to mess around with the perfect blend.

Seitan. Seitan, originally from Asia, is a common meat substitute for vegetarian dishes. Unlike many meat substitutes, seitan is not soy derived, but made entirely of wheat gluten. While there is no research linking seitan intake to increased prevalence of gluten allergies or intolerances, eating a lot of this allergenic protein may trigger development of a more severe gluten allergy or intolerance.

Shark. The risk/benefit ratio of eating fish (benefits of omega-3 fats vs. risk of mercury) typically falls in favor of the omega-3 fats and their incredible health effects. Shark is one of the exceptions. Despite having an omega-3 fat content similar to tuna, shark contains almost three times the amount of mercury.

Refined and Re-Fortified Grains. Refined and re-fortified grains are grain-based foods like certain breakfast cereals, pastas and rice products that have been refined so that the naturally occurring fiber, vitamins, and minerals have been removed. Companies then replace the fiber and synthetic versions of the vitamins and minerals that were initially removed. Sometimes they put everything back in naturally occurring ratios so that they can still claim the food contains ‘whole grains’.

Sugar-Sweetened Beverages. If you stop consuming only one thing on this list, it should be sugar-sweetened beverages. The empty calories help pad your waistline without offering any sense of satiety or fullness. Plus, simple sugars do an excellent job of lowering your good cholesterol and increasing your triglyceride levels.

Grits. Another hyper-refined carbohydrate, grits are the small leftover pieces from corn processing. Nutritionally speaking, grits lack significant amounts of vitamins or minerals. Their flavor is lacking and thus butter or heavy cream is used to make them palatable. (DISCLAIMER—obviously none of the Nutritionists contributing to this article are from the South, nor are their mothers from the South.)

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3256428 - 05/28/13 12:24 PM Re: 7 Foods a nutritionists would never eat [Re: Poser]
Redfred16
8 Point

Loc: Hartland, WI

Well I guess I'll nver be a good nutritionist. I like shark, breakfast cereals, pasta, sweet tea and I love grits.

"Recon Ready"
Airborne and Air Assault Blood Wings Worn Here

#3256440 - 05/28/13 12:49 PM Re: 7 Foods a nutritionists would never eat [Re: Redfred16]
BamaProud
12 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

content Online
Ah come on GRITS! They can kiss my grits. \:\)

#3256545 - 05/28/13 04:52 PM Re: 7 Foods a nutritionists would never eat [Re: BamaProud]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

I am good with exception of sugar. i will just a few extra miles each week and call it even.

#3256584 - 05/28/13 06:12 PM Re: 7 Foods a nutritionists would never eat [Re: Poser]
Buzzard Breath
8 Point

Loc: East

I'm good except for the grits. My favorite breakfast is a bowl of grits with 2 fresh eggs that have been boiled for 3 minutes stirred into them. A little hot sauce and I'm good to go.
#3258166 - 05/30/13 04:28 PM Re: 7 Foods a nutritionists would never eat [Re: redblood]
cecil30-30
16 Point

Loc: Morgan Co

Originally Posted By: redblood
I am good with exception of sugar. i will just a few extra miles each week and call it even.
LOL thats what I do..

Ban Liberals!!! Save America!!!!

#3259905 - 06/02/13 02:56 PM Re: 7 Foods a nutritionists would never eat [Re: cecil30-30]
Diehard Hunter
CRAMP
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee

I will keep,eating grits and drinking sweet tea.

Never have consumed much of the rest, especially shark.

For those that don't know, shark has a very unique flavor. That flavor comes from the fact that sharks never urinate. The urea they produce is deposited in the muscle tissue rather than being expelled as urine. If you want to try shark, it is easy to cook. Just cook the Pi$$ out of it! Stay hungry!

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Bobby G, RUGER, Unicam, gtk, CBU93, stretch, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Mrs.Unicam 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys, GUIDO
13383 Registered Users
Who's Online
166 registered (gatodoc, bassassassin7, Doc Stone, Jcov, RobbyW, chip, 15 invisible) and 213 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13383 Members
42 Forums
95683 Topics
1120066 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.048 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.