Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 7 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3262130 - 06/05/13 03:22 PM Re: 200+ on Guntersville [Re: catman529]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

I'm not weighing in either way except to say..In Michigan's Upper Peninsula they smoke carp, suckers and of course game fish and they are quite tasty I hear. I've had smoked sucker and they weren't too bad...never tried the carp.

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#3262132 - 06/05/13 03:31 PM Re: 200+ on Guntersville [Re: Coach]
MattR
8 Point

Loc: Nashville

i would take a couple of them and freeze em for some blue cat bait. carp is pretty good for that. but wow if i could shoot 200 fish with a bow, im down that sounds like some fun to me for sure.

#3262140 - 06/05/13 03:39 PM Re: 200+ on Guntersville [Re: MattR]
TNTomtaker01
10 Point

Loc: Middle

Here we go.... \:\)

#3262159 - 06/05/13 04:00 PM Re: 200+ on Guntersville [Re: catman529]
showmehorns
16 Point

Loc: usually in the woods

Originally Posted By: catman529
 Originally Posted By: showmehorns
 Originally Posted By: gil1
I'm not dissin' bowfishing (I do it myself), but I wish there was a better way. To kill such a grand fishing resource and chunk it is such a waste.

But I'm impressed with your results - helluva day (or night)!

gil, the hog is an excellent hunting resource, but I don't want it on my property. I do see what your saying, but the truth is, regardless if the carp is fun to catch on rod and reel, they are a destructive, invasive species that cause lots of problems for our native fish, wildlife and plants.
what damage do common carp do here? And buffalo are native, I bet you shot equally as many of those. I'd like to get a bow fishing rig and shoot a few myself, but have more respect for what you kill. 200 fish sounds like a great night though! Glad you don't fish my waters. I enjoy the carp picking up a bait and running drag off my reel too much to have people shoot em in my fishing holes.

I don't have respect for any invasive species that does harm to our ecosystem. Read up on how destructive they are (too busy getting he blood off my bows, boat and gear to type it all out right now) especially in our shallow lakes. And no, you don't want me shooting your fishing holes, I'll shoot every invasive fish that swims by the boat. Glad your not a betting man, we shot a total of 2 buffalo that night. It's ok to enjoy fishing for them, and I get it, but do some research on the impact they have on our waters before you "save them all for rod and reel". Save all the Asian carp while your at it, they put up one hell of a fight on rod and reel as well.

Edited by showmehorns (06/05/13 04:01 PM)

#3262167 - 06/05/13 04:04 PM Re: 200+ on Guntersville [Re: catman529]
showmehorns
16 Point

Originally Posted By: catman529
I'm not dissin' bowfishing (I do it myself), but I wish there was a better way. To kill such a grand fishing resource and chunk it is such a waste.

gil, the hog is an excellent hunting resource, but I don't want it on my property. I do see what your saying, but the truth is, regardless if the carp is fun to catch on rod and reel, they are a destructive, invasive species that cause lots of problems for our native fish, wildlife and plants.
what damage do common carp do here? And buffalo are native, I bet you shot equally as many of those. I'd like to get a bow fishing rig and shoot a few myself, but have more respect for what you kill. 200 fish sounds like a great night though! Glad you don't fish my waters. I enjoy the carp picking up a bait and running drag off my reel too much to have people shoot em in my fishing holes.

And did you just tell me to have more respect for what I kill? I'm hoping I read it wrong.

#3262168 - 06/05/13 04:05 PM Re: 200+ on Guntersville [Re: Winchester]
showmehorns
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Winchester

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Would you rather catch (not eat) a big fish on a fly rod that is phenomenally smart and spooky and picky and will rip your shoulder off or a smaller fish like a bass or bluegill that is much easier to catch and puts up a relatively weak fight?

I like catching them all, but for me, carp are just more challenging and more fun to catch. It would be a shame to skewer 200 largemouth or smallies and chunk them on the bank but no better or worse than wasting a phenomenal resource like carp.

I think "Phenomenal resource" might be pushing it a little!!! ;\)

Ummm, yeah. \:D

#3262170 - 06/05/13 04:09 PM Re: 200+ on Guntersville [Re: showmehorns]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

Kill the silver and bighead carp, their damage is obvious and they aren't worth fishing for because they do not bite a bait. I'm surprised you only killed 2 buffs, around here the buffalo far outnumber the carp and I don't see the carp doing any harm here. I'm talking about common carp, not silver or bighead or wild hogs. No they don't belong here but I don't see them hurting my waters and I like fishing for em. Keep shooting em cause I doubt you will be in my fishing hole, it's mainly just a creek.

...since last deer season

#3262254 - 06/05/13 05:28 PM Re: 200+ on Guntersville [Re: catman529]
gil1
12 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

Some of y'all are just plain sissies, not men enough to fish for the most challenging and noble species. \:D

Dr. Saxton Pope

#3262261 - 06/05/13 05:46 PM Re: 200+ on Guntersville [Re: Rackseeker]
wobblegobble
6 Point

Loc: tn

Showmehorns and I hardly ever agree but here I say as long as its legal do what you do. Would I kill 200 carp or any fish in one night probably not but who are we to judge.

#3262266 - 06/05/13 05:50 PM Re: 200+ on Guntersville [Re: gil1]
showmehorns
16 Point

Some of y'all are just plain sissies, not men enough to fish for the most challenging and noble species. \:D

\:D

Page 3 of 7 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
camohunter3, mtd, Higdon23, blcmrr2008, Urban deer Hunter
13270 Registered Users
Who's Online
114 registered (Ed B, Snake, Poser, JayMc, TAFKAP, fourwheeler431, 16 invisible) and 145 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13270 Members
42 Forums
92999 Topics
1086745 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.121 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.