Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 7 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3259343 - 06/01/13 03:59 PM Re: 200+ on Guntersville [Re: Rackseeker]
gil1
12 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

I'm not dissin' bowfishing (I do it myself), but I wish there was a better way. To kill such a grand fishing resource and chunk it is such a waste.

But I'm impressed with your results - helluva day (or night)!

Dr. Saxton Pope

#3261094 - 06/04/13 07:04 AM Re: 200+ on Guntersville [Re: gil1]
showmehorns
16 Point

Loc: usually in the woods

Originally Posted By: gil1
I'm not dissin' bowfishing (I do it myself), but I wish there was a better way. To kill such a grand fishing resource and chunk it is such a waste.

gil, the hog is an excellent hunting resource, but I don't want it on my property. I do see what your saying, but the truth is, regardless if the carp is fun to catch on rod and reel, they are a destructive, invasive species that cause lots of problems for our native fish, wildlife and plants.

#3261223 - 06/04/13 09:53 AM Re: 200+ on Guntersville [Re: showmehorns]
Winchester
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

Good deal, looks like fun!
#3261705 - 06/04/13 09:42 PM Re: 200+ on Guntersville [Re: Winchester]
rukiddin?
8 Point

Loc: E. Tenn

Thats good times!! Kill'em all. I wish they would invent a poison that would only kill a common carp......Ecosystem would thank you....

"I'm gone to carolina in my mind"

#3261723 - 06/04/13 10:04 PM Re: 200+ on Guntersville [Re: Rackseeker]
Woodson223
8 Point

Loc: tn

#3261938 - 06/05/13 10:41 AM Re: 200+ on Guntersville [Re: Rackseeker]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

My old dog would think he died and went to heaven if he could roll in those for an afternoon!

Eventus stultorum magister

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#3261983 - 06/05/13 12:01 PM Re: 200+ on Guntersville [Re: showmehorns]
gil1
12 Point

Originally Posted By: showmehorns

gil, the hog is an excellent hunting resource, but I don't want it on my property. I do see what your saying, but the truth is, regardless if the carp is fun to catch on rod and reel, they are a destructive, invasive species that cause lots of problems for our native fish, wildlife and plants.

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Would you rather catch (not eat) a big fish on a fly rod that is phenomenally smart and spooky and picky and will rip your shoulder off or a smaller fish like a bass or bluegill that is much easier to catch and puts up a relatively weak fight?

I like catching them all, but for me, carp are just more challenging and more fun to catch. It would be a shame to skewer 200 largemouth or smallies and chunk them on the bank but no better or worse than wasting a phenomenal resource like carp.

Dr. Saxton Pope

#3262020 - 06/05/13 12:59 PM Re: 200+ on Guntersville [Re: gil1]
Winchester
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Would you rather catch (not eat) a big fish on a fly rod that is phenomenally smart and spooky and picky and will rip your shoulder off or a smaller fish like a bass or bluegill that is much easier to catch and puts up a relatively weak fight?

I like catching them all, but for me, carp are just more challenging and more fun to catch. It would be a shame to skewer 200 largemouth or smallies and chunk them on the bank but no better or worse than wasting a phenomenal resource like carp.

I think "Phenomenal resource" might be pushing it a little!!! ;\)

#3262074 - 06/05/13 02:10 PM Re: 200+ on Guntersville [Re: Winchester]
gil1
12 Point

Originally Posted By: Winchester

I think "Phenomenal resource" might be pushing it a little!!! ;\)

In a different way, it's a "phenom"enal resource. Despite the bowfishing carnage, it's still the gift that keeps on giving. We don't even have to stock them. I hope the resource can keep on keepin' on.

Dr. Saxton Pope

#3262078 - 06/05/13 02:20 PM Re: 200+ on Guntersville [Re: showmehorns]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

what damage do common carp do here? And buffalo are native, I bet you shot equally as many of those. I'd like to get a bow fishing rig and shoot a few myself, but have more respect for what you kill. 200 fish sounds like a great night though! Glad you don't fish my waters. I enjoy the carp picking up a bait and running drag off my reel too much to have people shoot em in my fishing holes.

Page 2 of 7 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TieCampBuckSlayer, ChuckNorris, Breesor1, Hunter111, THEdonkey0515
13083 Registered Users
Who's Online
67 registered (Deer Assassin, pledbetter, Nyper, volsgo1, fullstream, Rackseeker, 8 invisible) and 141 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13083 Members
42 Forums
88201 Topics
1033188 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.207 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.