Topic Options
#3251918 - 05/21/13 12:46 PM Re: Playing the wind? [Re: leader]
BHC
6 Point

Loc: Wayne Co. , Tennessee

Originally Posted By: leader
 Originally Posted By: Poser
 Originally Posted By: BHC
What do you guys think of this regime to intense or spot on?

Scent Control Regime

1. Clothing
-wear carbon suit
-wash under garments every hunt(anything that touches skin),and others as needed
- store clothes in a sealed container
- place baking soda in container to absorb any remaining scent
- dress w outer garments at stand
- spray down with scent eliminator every hr on stand
- where rubber boots
-change socks and under garments each hunt unless able to wash them between hunts
-place baking soda in boots to absorb any scent also sprinkle on under garments
- never expose clothes to inside of house,vehicle, or food.

2. Body
- prior to hunts eat as little greasy or unhealthy food and drinks (coke beer, etc.)as possible
-always use bathroom before heading to stand to try and rid as many toxins as possible
- begin taking chlorophyll tablets 2 weeks prior to season
- shower the night before and the morning of the hunt jus before heading to stand with unscented soap and shampoo
-use scent eliminating deodorant
- if you break a sweat in the stand rub the area of concern down with neosporinin or hydrogen peroxide. 
- always brush teeth, floss, and use mouth wash 3 times a day during the season
-While  on stand rub down with hydrogen peroxide on exposed skin every hr or so as hunt goes on
- sweating I believe also helps rid the body of toxins, so vigorous sweating on days prior to hunts likely helps

I am pretty similar in that I change in the field, use carbon, wash base layers and socks after each hunt etc, though I don't use much spray at all as I do not feel that I need it. I do spray down my backpack after sweaty hunts as well as my bow release.

I also do not worry about what I eat because, well.... my wife is such a great cook that I eat whatever she makes. I usually don't eat heavy foods before going hunting just because its not the most conducive to productive hunting for me. I like a light breakfast of oatmeal or something, but I definitely do not go so far as to avoid spicy foods or onions and garlic altogether like some hunters I know. I agree that it makes a difference, but I am not willing to go that far. I do limit myself to one cup of coffee in the morning and drink lots of water.

I don't wipe down very much (though I do some, but definitely not every hour) in the stand on sweaty days either. Hunting on hot days in West TN is just going to be sweaty and I have accepted that and just go with it.

Chlorophyl tablets do definitely work. I experimented with them some and noticed that my armpits don't stink even when not wearing deodorant. I also noticed that my crap has little or no odor. People that have chronic bad breath often use it effectively so, it works for your breath as well. I'm going to use them again this season maybe to help cancel out all the spicy foods I eat.

How often do you take Chloryphyll in season, any side effects?
Sounds interesting....

You get a bottle and it should say on it but you take it like vitamins once a day generally. No negative side affects. I have heard it will flush your system when you first start taking it.

#3251998 - 05/21/13 02:09 PM Re: Playing the wind? [Re: BHC]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Scent Control Regime

1. Clothing
-wear carbon suit
-wash under garments every hunt(anything that touches skin),and others as needed
- where rubber boots
-change socks and under garments each hunt unless able to wash them between hunts

2. Body
- prior to hunts eat as little greasy or unhealthy food and drinks (coke beer, etc.)as possible
-always use bathroom before heading to stand to try and rid as many toxins as possible
- shower the night before and the morning of the hunt jus before heading to stand with unscented soap and shampoo
- if you break a sweat in the stand rub the area of concern down with neosporinin or hydrogen peroxide. 
-While  on stand rub down with hydrogen peroxide on exposed skin every hr or so as hunt goes on
- sweating I believe also helps rid the body of toxins, so vigorous sweating on days prior to hunts likely helps

I am pretty similar in that I change in the field, use carbon, wash base layers and socks after each hunt etc, though I don't use much spray at all as I do not feel that I need it. I do spray down my backpack after sweaty hunts as well as my bow release.

I also do not worry about what I eat because, well.... my wife is such a great cook that I eat whatever she makes. I usually don't eat heavy foods before going hunting just because its not the most conducive to productive hunting for me. I like a light breakfast of oatmeal or something, but I definitely do not go so far as to avoid spicy foods or onions and garlic altogether like some hunters I know. I agree that it makes a difference, but I am not willing to go that far. I do limit myself to one cup of coffee in the morning and drink lots of water.

I don't wipe down very much (though I do some, but definitely not every hour) in the stand on sweaty days either. Hunting on hot days in West TN is just going to be sweaty and I have accepted that and just go with it.

Chlorophyl tablets do definitely work. I experimented with them some and noticed that my armpits don't stink even when not wearing deodorant. I also noticed that my crap has little or no odor. People that have chronic bad breath often use it effectively so, it works for your breath as well. I'm going to use them again this season maybe to help cancel out all the spicy foods I eat.

Sounds interesting....

You get a bottle and it should say on it but you take it like vitamins once a day generally. No negative side affects. I have heard it will flush your system when you first start taking it.

Yep. Might want to start taking them when you plan to be at home for a day or two. You will take a couple of extra trips to the bathroom, but that's over pretty quick.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3252091 - 05/21/13 04:42 PM Re: Playing the wind? [Re: leader]
bigasports
8 Point

Loc: Spring Hill

Scent Control Regime

1. Clothing
-wear carbon suit
- where rubber boots

2. Body

Sounds interesting....

I start taking chlorophyll tablets 3 weeks before bow season starts. I usually get mine from GNC. Take one tablet each day. No negative effects.
I love only that which they defend.
J.R.R. Tolkien

#3252485 - 05/22/13 06:50 AM Re: Playing the wind? [Re: bigasports]
archer19
10 Point

Loc: Erwin, TN

I pick what stand I'm going to the night before check the weather to see how cold to pack clothes. Get up and go hunt. Mountains are impossible to hunt the wind.

SEC hater!

#3252651 - 05/22/13 10:29 AM Re: Playing the wind? [Re: archer19]
Food Plot 101
8 Point

Loc: Goodlettsville,TN USA

Originally Posted By: archer19
I pick what stand I'm going to the night before check the weather to see how cold to pack clothes. Get up and go hunt. Mountains are impossible to hunt the wind.

I do the same. I try to factor in the wind from sunrise to mid morning. I don't hunt mountains but my gps tells me I hunt from just under 600 ft above sea level to a little under 1,000. I'm not a big fan of hunting on tops of hills as the wind gets squirreley (sp) but the deer cross the low spots. Good luck!

#3253509 - 05/23/13 12:04 PM Re: Playing the wind? [Re: WestTn Huntin'man]
BHC
6 Point

Loc: Wayne Co. , Tennessee

Anyone ever home brew their own scent eliminating concoctions

#3253514 - 05/23/13 12:08 PM Re: Playing the wind? [Re: BHC]
woodsman87
8 Point

Loc: south TN

Step in cow manure on purpose.

#3253613 - 05/23/13 03:21 PM Re: Playing the wind? [Re: woodsman87]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

Loc: Wilson Co/Perry Co

Originally Posted By: woodsman87

Step in cow manure on purpose.
yeah,done that too

You wont know,if you dont go!

#3254018 - 05/24/13 06:29 AM Re: Playing the wind? [Re: BHC]
Deck78
6 Point

Loc: hipster hollow

http://www.whistlepighollow.com/2013/01/19/homemade-deodorant-review/

This ^

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13279 Registered Users
Who's Online
103 registered (BigPete357, harley 2008, MUP, TN Bolton, JAY B, soshock1, 13 invisible) and 122 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13279 Members
42 Forums
93168 Topics
1089091 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.088 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.