Tndeer Logo

Page 221 of 258 « First<219220221222223>Last »
Topic Options
#3248933 - 05/17/13 03:59 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

content Online
Amen!

Μολων λαβε

#3250815 - 05/20/13 07:03 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: in the dog house!]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

Right on Boodaddy!

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#3250816 - 05/20/13 07:04 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Your choice!

God in His marvelous love has given us many choices. We are not robots! In those choices are consequences. My Pastor Mark Warren shared these verses yesterday and it gives us something to think about:

Deuteronomy 30:19-20

19 I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, 20 loving the Lord your God, obeying his voice and holding fast to him, for he is your life and length of days, that you may dwell in the land that the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Some things I want you to see in these verses:

1. God has witnesses of what He has offered us in choices! v.19 says heaven and earth are the witnesses! So we are with out excuse as to what God has offered.

2. v.19 God sets before us life or death! Think on that for a while. Jesus is Life:

John 14:6

6 Jesus said to him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

So that means without Jesus death will come....separation from God when we die:

John 5:24

Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

3. v.19 God also sets before us the choice of blessings or curses! I don't know about you but I want the blessings!!!

Malachi 2:2 If you will not listen, if you will not take it to heart to give honor to my name, says the Lord of hosts, then I will send the curse upon you and I will curse your blessings. Indeed, I have already cursed them, because you do not lay it to heart.

Heed that warning my friends!

4. God tells us in v.19 to chose life! Where is true life found???? In Jesus Christ refer back to John 14:6 verse posted above! Not only are we to chose life for ourselves but for our children! Parents it is your job to raise your children in the training of the Lord so they have a chance to make right choices according to the Word of God!

5. In verse 20 God tells us three keys to making right choices...loving God, obeying His voice, and holding fast to Him in good times and bad! Don't let go! If you are doing these three things, you are making right choices!!!

Life is full of choices, if you are being obedient to God....loving Him, obeying Him, holding onto Him then you are doing well....keep the faith! If not well what is stopping you? It is your choice and as we have seen true, victorious, and joy in life can only come through the choice of following Jesus! Make that choice today!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3251683 - 05/21/13 07:20 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Let's Pray.

So far this morning I seen reported that over 50 have died including over 20 children in that tornado that ripped through Oklahoma yesterday. So let us spend time in prayer that survivors will be found, the injured to be healed, and those who have loved ones to be comforted at this time.

Psalm 119:50

This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life.

Pray brothers and sisters, pray

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3251691 - 05/21/13 07:29 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
ferg
Cancer Free
16 Point

Loc: At the TNDeer shirt factory %^...

Lifted up PMT - Lord, help us to understand your larger plan, we struggle everyday in so many ways. Comfort those that are cursing you today, because they lack the understanding of Your larger plan. It's a very hard thing for simple mortals that we are.

I pray in Jesus' name -

Amen

Edited by ferg (05/21/13 07:30 AM)

USCG(Ret)
Semper Par !

#3251695 - 05/21/13 07:37 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: ferg]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

Dear Lord, I pray You reach out Your hand to Your children in Oklahoma, ease their pain, give comfort and understanding to Your children. Touch them with Your healing hand, physically and mentally. Help us all understand that You are in control and that You have a plan for all of us. Watch over and protect us. Thank You Jesus, Amen.

#3252609 - 05/22/13 09:09 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
preachermantom
12 Point

Thanks Ferg And RH! God bless.

Jesus Christ

#3252610 - 05/22/13 09:10 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Summer slide from Church....Don't!

For some reason when school gets out a major shift takes place in most churches. Attendance takes a major decline. This should not be folks! Now I know vacations and things take place, but that is no excuse for not attending church somewhere! Praise God that He does not take time off from us! It is a great expirience to join other believers in worship on your vacation! Don't miss out on that opportunity for yourself and your kids. Set a good example for your kids to make worship a priority no matter what you are doing! Sadly, many folks skip church for selfish reasons....just to spend the day on lake or a million other reasons, when they are at home during the summer. Remember God made seven days in the week, don't neglect His command to set one aside for Him! It is the very least we can do, after all He did die for you! He deserves our worship! God's Word says this for a reason:

Hebrews 10:25

25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

Don't be the "as is the habit of some", God's Word has spoken. Have a great Summer, enjoy yourselves, But don't neglect the assembly of the church for worship, it is not an option, it is a command!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3254039 - 05/24/13 07:13 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Time,Time,Time!

Yesterday was an awesome day for me as I got the blessing of taking my two kids fishing. We caught nine bass and had three keepers. It was a beautiful day on the Tennessee River. I can't stress enough how important it is to spend time with your kids.My son in now 15 and my daughter is 9, soon they will be leaving the nest! Life is very busy. Time spent with our children passes by so very quickly. We are the ones who need to be training our children up in the Lord. The world will not teach them godly things! So we must.

Deuteronomy 6:5-7

5 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. 6 And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. 7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.

Did you catch the command part? We are commanded to teach the love of God to our children. The only way we can do that is to spend time with them. Every moment we can we must stress the importance of God in their lives. In reality our children are not really ours! They are gifts from God! He has given us the responsibility of raising them in Him!

Psalm 127:3

3 Behold, children are a gift of the Lord,The fruit of the womb is a reward.

Oh my friends, time is flying by, spend time with your kids, and be sure to teach them about Jesus! You won't regret a second of it!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3256243 - 05/28/13 07:41 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Are you here in life?

Check these verses out:Psalm 30:11-12

11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,12 that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever!

Are you joyful this morning? Seriously, can you say I am glad and just plain full of joy. Most folks can not say this. Nobody can it it honestly unless they have placed their trust in Jesus. I can say with out hesitation, I am joyful and blessed this morning, because my circumstances does not have any bearing on my relation ship to God! Most likely something will test me today...anger, sadness, patience, people, or a number of other things will try to jump in my day and try to bring me down. It won't work! I may lose my composer for a short time, but it still don't change who I am in Christ! I am victorious, I am loved, I am saved from the depths of hell, I am a child of the King, I am an heir with Jesus!!!! Whewwww! You see where my joy comes from? Not from anything that can be taken away, but from my Jesus! He never lets me down.

So this morning, do a little dancing, do a little singing, do some praising, and what ever you do...give thanks if you are in Christ Jesus! Smile and tell others whom you belong too!

If you are not a follower of Jesus...what is stopping you? Ask Him into your life today and enjoy victory over life! If you need help just ask!

Tom

Jesus Christ

Page 221 of 258 « First<219220221222223>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Shouldbeatwork, Tage, Horsefly23, jthisell, pacecardave
13187 Registered Users
Who's Online
83 registered (scott co htr, Planking, eddiemax, Model 1, TieCampBuckSlayer, CATCHDAWG, 11 invisible) and 107 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13187 Members
42 Forums
91023 Topics
1063731 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.065 seconds in which 0.024 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.