Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 9 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#3263961 - 06/08/13 12:43 PM Re: Tndeer Trail cam photo contest [Re: FIREMANJIM]
timberjack86
14 Point

Loc: Grundy county

Originally Posted By: FIREMANJIM
So who is the judges??? I know on the other 31 forums I am a member of they do it as a poll so everyone can decide. They make you list the camera make and model and date taken. In my opinion if you have judges there can be biased problems come into play. Especially if prizes are awarded. I usually donate 5 of my camera units every year as prizes for stuff like this. I have also seen folks who start out as friends become "not friends" in these contests. I have seen it get ugly. That is why I say do it as a poll.
I just wanted this to be for fun and nothing else. Don't want anyone to get mad or have hurt feelings! Now if anyone wants to take the ball and roll with it be my guest. I insist!

#3263991 - 06/08/13 02:06 PM Re: Tndeer Trail cam photo contest [Re: FIREMANJIM]
Master Chief
10 Point

Loc: Henderson County

So who is the judges??? I know on the other 31 forums I am a member of they do it as a poll so everyone can decide. They make you list the camera make and model and date taken. In my opinion if you have judges there can be biased problems come into play. Especially if prizes are awarded. I usually donate 5 of my camera units every year as prizes for stuff like this. I have also seen folks who start out as friends become "not friends" in these contests. I have seen it get ugly. That is why I say do it as a poll.

I think mods can add polls here but not sure. Can you give us a link to another contest that is set up kinda how you like it so we can get some ideas from there? I definitely trust that you would know how to run a camera contest.. After all I've heard you can't beat firemanjim trail cams!

Whatever we do, we need to get the rules set up ASAP

Don't go ridin' on that long black train ;\)

#3264158 - 06/08/13 08:27 PM Re: Tndeer Trail cam photo contest [Re: Master Chief]
timberjack86
14 Point

Originally Posted By: Master Chief

I think mods can add polls here but not sure. Can you give us a link to another contest that is set up kinda how you like it so we can get some ideas from there? I definitely trust that you would know how to run a camera contest.. After all I've heard you can't beat firemanjim trail cams!

Whatever we do, we need to get the rules set up ASAP
Agreed!!

#3264189 - 06/08/13 08:53 PM Re: Tndeer Trail cam photo contest [Re: bbuck14]
FIREMANJIM
4 Point

Loc: DECHERD, TN

The other forums do a pre season contest that starts July 1 till September 1. Than do one from September 2 till January 1. We can do anything you guys want to do. I am just telling you what other forums are doing. Most guys save up all their pics and the last few days of the contest they submit their best photo. 1 per person. Usually 3 classes. Best color photo, best ir photo, and best 30 second video.

#3264195 - 06/08/13 09:04 PM Re: Tndeer Trail cam photo contest [Re: FIREMANJIM]
Master Chief
10 Point

The other forums do a pre season contest that starts July 1 till September 1. Than do one from September 2 till January 1. We can do anything you guys want to do. I am just telling you what other forums are doing. Most guys save up all their pics and the last few days of the contest they submit their best photo. 1 per person. Usually 3 classes. Best color photo, best ir photo, and best 30 second video.

Thanks for the info. I especially like the 3 classes idea.

How about we do pre-season from July 6-the day season starts. Then one from the day season opens till about the end of March. I got thousands of good buck pics last year from January to March.

I don't really think we would need much for rules other than the obvious-must be taken during the time of contest, must be your photo, etc.. and I agree with no enhancing.

#3264208 - 06/08/13 09:29 PM Re: Tndeer Trail cam photo contest [Re: Master Chief]
Master Chief
10 Point

We aren't gonna be able to make a poll so using judges will be the only way I can think of. I think it will work fine that way. The scoring of the photo will be kept between the judges so no one will get mad. Only picking the top five would also help prevent problems. Everyone who didn't make the top five can feel like their pic was #6 lol

#3264219 - 06/08/13 09:39 PM Re: Tndeer Trail cam photo contest [Re: Master Chief]
pastorbmp
10 Point

Loc: Wartburg,TN

I'm in.

1Ti 1:15: ...Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

#3264773 - 06/09/13 06:49 PM Re: Tndeer Trail cam photo contest [Re: Master Chief]
timberjack86
14 Point

Originally Posted By: Master Chief
We aren't gonna be able to make a poll so using judges will be the only way I can think of. I think it will work fine that way. The scoring of the photo will be kept between the judges so no one will get mad. Only picking the top five would also help prevent problems. Everyone who didn't make the top five can feel like their pic was #6 lol
Sounds good to me.

Edited by timberjack86 (06/09/13 06:49 PM)

#3265962 - 06/11/13 11:44 AM Re: Tndeer Trail cam photo contest [Re: timberjack86]
Recoil
4 Point

Loc: Williamson County

I think more than three categories would be a little more fun. Otherwise the pics are all similar. How about adding a category for funniest pic (coyotes peeing on a salt lick for example, best non-deer pic-mountain lion walking by, ugliest deer pic, most deer in one pic, most unusual pic....
#3266023 - 06/11/13 01:18 PM Re: Tndeer Trail cam photo contest [Re: Recoil]
Deerbuster1996
4 Point

Loc: Millington,TN/Obion,TN

I like the different class idea, that should get more people involved.

Page 4 of 9 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, gtk, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85, Deadeye14, woodie
13110 Registered Users
Who's Online
39 registered (cbarron19, Rockytop167, Mike D, Bow Hunter, bigtex, JAY B, 1 invisible) and 60 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13110 Members
42 Forums
89107 Topics
1042163 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.252 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.