Tndeer Logo

Page 220 of 255 « First<218219220221222>Last »
Topic Options
#3243412 - 05/10/13 08:25 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Kimber45]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

Guard your heart!

One must keep their heart guarded with the proper protection....God's Word. You see we are brought up with certain values and thought processes that may be right or may be wrong. Our guide must be the Word of God for that is where ultimate truth comes from. Check this verse out:

Proverbs 4:23

23 Keep your heart with all diligence,
For out of it spring the issues of life.

Did you see the later part of that verse that says "for out of it spring the issues of life"? Answeres to our everyday problems come from our hearts and without the proper heart training, God's Word, we get most answers to our problems wrong! Let me give you an example: Joe has been raised to think everything he has gained in life has been his doing. All the money he makes is his and thus he is very stingy with his money. He doesn't help anyone. Now God has told us that all belongs to Him, yes even our money. For all blessings come from God. He gives us the ability to work, and thus we make money. God also tells us we are to helps others and share what we have for it is not ours to begin with. So you see Joe's heart has been taught one thing but God's Word says another, so our training must come from God's Word and then we can solve the issues of life correctly....God's way!

Guard your heart my friends with the truth! God's Word! Issues of life will be solved!

Tom

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#3245383 - 05/13/13 10:19 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Looking out for others!!!

I don't tear up often. Don't ask why, just the way I am made I guess. This did it for me. Don't just watch the video but read the story too.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/viral-video...ion_object_map=

I have no idea what Matt Kemp's faith is, or even if He has any(he did mention God), but I do know one thing....I am a fan of his now. To take time for someone who is very sick and to give him the shirt of his back, well is something the bible tells us to do...look here:

Hebrews 13:16

Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.

Philippians 2:4

Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

Galatians 6:2

Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

Acts 20:35

In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”

You see everyday we have the opportunity to help those around us, especially those who are in need or are sick. Jesus love is shown through this. Way to go Matt Kemp!

So as I close, when is the last time your light has shown for Jesus? For me, I need to get busy!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3245399 - 05/13/13 10:44 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

Thanks PMT!

#3246033 - 05/14/13 08:23 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
preachermantom
12 Point

Killing babies.

Been thinking about this case and the verdict:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/13/jur...test=latestnews

From what I read from God's Word, all abortionists should be convicted of killing babies. Read these verses below and see for yourself:
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. (Psalm 139:13)

Your hands made me and formed me. (Psalm 119:73)

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart. (Jeremiah 1:5)

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. (Psalm 139:15-16)

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. (Deuteronomy 30:19-20)

"Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy. Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked." Ps 82:3-4

Defend the helpless and oppressed; don't harm strangers, widows, orphans, or other innocent people. Jer 22:

The people of Ammon are guilty of wanton cruelty against the helpless, the expectant mother, and the unborn child. God is the defender of the helpless and the weak (Psalm 68:5).

Pure and undefiled religion is to show kindness, warmth, and generosity and to care for the widow and the orphan in their affliction (James 1:27).

Did you see Jeremiah 1:5? God knows us before we are even in the womb! Abortion is wrong. Now I know I will get the argument about rape, incest, and the mother's life in jeopardy. These make up less than 3% of all abortions. What about the other 97%????

President Obama made the remark that if his daughters were to get pregnant before they wanted to, he did not want them to have to live with that mistake for the rest of their life. Well Mr. president according to the Word of God a child is not a mistake, God knows them! That is the sick mentality of our society today! If something is an inconvenience then let's just get rid of the problem, even if it is a human life! What are we doing?????

Over 55 million babies have been aborted in the United states alone since Roe vs. Wade. Think about that. Maybe the doctor who could cure aides or cancer was one of those. Maybe a great peacemaker was one of those. Does 55 million babies being killed even phase us?

Abortionists are murders plain and simple from what I see in God's Word, am I wrong? God is giver and taker of life not us!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3246072 - 05/14/13 08:54 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Amen!

#3246171 - 05/14/13 11:13 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

I agree PMT!

#3247011 - 05/15/13 09:24 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Kimber45]
preachermantom
12 Point

You have everything you need!

I am read a book right now called "Getting your life on Target" by Steve Austin. A very helpful and insightful book designed for those of us who need the dumbed up version of how get in tune with God and to live for Him with victory and joy! Get a copy and call him to come speak at your church, you won't be disappointed! Last night I read this verse as I was reading the book, check it out:2 Peter 1:3

3 His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence,

Wow! I hope you caught this part: "His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness". If you have received Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of your life, you immediately were indwelt with the Holy Spirit, which in turn gives you everything you need to live a victorious life, and most importantly a godly life! Makes me want to SHOUT!

How is your life right now? Are you happy in Jesus, living day to day the victorious abundant life? Or are you defeated and struggle to get through each day and just plain down? The good news is you don't have to live that way, God's Word says He has provided all we need to live the victorious life full of joy and happiness. Look at this verse:

John 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.

Did Jesus lie? No way!!!! He said we can have abundant life, and that my friends is not the life many are living. So how, well to dig real deep in this subject get the book I mentioned above! (Thats a plug for my brother Steve..Ha!) But to make it as simple as I can, look at the verse again of 2 Peter 1:3, "through the knowledge of him". To live the victorious joyful life God offers you must have a deep knowledge of God. Get in the Word and learn about our heavenly Father, His love for you, His promises, and what He desires for your life. Did you catch that? WHAT HE DESIRES FOR YOUR LIFE! Not what you think, what God thinks! This is key, without total surrender of your life, the victorious, joy filled life is impossible!

Thank God, He have given us all we need to live a godly, joyful, and productive life for His glory!!!! Are you ready? It really is all up to you! Go for it! You won't be disappointed I promise!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3247725 - 05/16/13 07:30 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Take a minute....

To stop and think! Great video by Francis Chan:

http://youtu.be/pRi4VwcrYmA

Psalm 46:10

10 “Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”

Take some time today to stop, be still, and think about God! Then praise Him for HE IS WORTHY!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3248645 - 05/17/13 09:49 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Boodaddy
14 Point

Loc: Chapel Hill Tn

Life Lesson: God does not command holiness from Christians as a means to gain His acceptance. He commands us to be holy because WE ARE HOLY.

Dear God,
Thank You for the wonderful gift of salvation that You have given to me through Christ. Because of Your wonderful grace, I desire to live for You. Give me the power and wisdom to guard my mind, emotions and heart. In Jesus' name, Amen.

#3248711 - 05/17/13 10:47 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Boodaddy]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

AMEN

Page 220 of 255 « First<218219220221222>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
THEdonkey0515, muddyhunter, davey1230, MisquitoNet, strutter rutter
13079 Registered Users
Who's Online
29 registered (RodBone75, volsfan1976, 1 good shot, harley 2008, tyson007, Mudbone, 3 invisible) and 81 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13079 Members
42 Forums
88081 Topics
1031778 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.306 seconds in which 0.078 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.