Tndeer Logo

Page 10 of 10 « First<678910
Topic Options
#3245876 - 05/13/13 11:23 PM Re: Bible Question [Re: Crow Terminator]
tikkashooter
8 Point

Loc: Kingston, TN

Originally Posted By: Crow Terminator
As I said before, in my personal study on this subject, I was clueless to traditions, agendas, etc. I came into Christianity not being raised in church and in a non churchy family. They made it very hard on me at first; when I'd get up on Sunday to go to church and then back Sunday evenings and Wednesday nights. I didn't know one church for the other; I was just going to church. If I knew somebody at work that went to church somewhere, I was asking them where they went and would show up the next service no matter what name the sign said on the door. Looking back on it now, I firmly believe the Lord put people in my pathway to help guide and mentor me into where I am today.

One key person to this was Paul Grady. Aka Tikkashooter that posts here. Somebody I know had heard his dad preach and gotten a book of his for me...and I had began reading it. A subject on TnDeer came up and I had just read a chapter in that book on the same subject and quoted from it. Paul saw it and sent me a PM telling me who he was, and that it was his dad that had written the book. His dad is the author of the 2nd book I gave a link to in my last post (the guy with all the degrees). I've been to his dad's house a few times and Paul and his dad were very instrumental in showing me a lot of things. Paul and I have hunted together quite a bit over the years. I set him up for his first bow kill deer and his biggest muzzleloader buck to date in which I filmed for him and he filmed my first hog bow kill for me. There's much much more to this subject than what anybody could post and keep the attention span with just letters on a screen. Paul's dad has probably forgotten more on the subject than any of us can remember...that is to say if Paul's dad ever forgets anything which I don't think he has. He's like a living, walking, talking library. A man can argue with opinion but it's hard to dismiss facts about where a lot of this new age stuff came from. I know enough to know where I stand on the matter. If anybody wants to know more on it, I suggest getting in touch with Paul (tikkashooter) and they can help you more than I can. I've only been at it for 10 years....they've been in the battle for a lifetime.

It's been an interesting read but I prefer not to debate stuff on here. Anybody who wants to discuss I am happy to oblige a phone call, just send me
a PM.

#3245911 - 05/14/13 05:00 AM Re: Bible Question [Re: Kimber45]
EastTNHunter
10 Point

Loc: Rhea Co., TN

Originally Posted By: Kimber45
 Originally Posted By: DKO77
Hey guys , has anyone stopped to think that maybe there is a non-believer that has come across this thread and has read through the posts and thought , man is that all christians do is argue. There is a bigger battle going on other than which bible is best or whatever, yes I have my choice just like everyone else does but its not worth arguing over. Thats just the stuff satan will use to turn us as Christians away from what we should be doing . Theres plenty of stuff to argue over but while we are arguing people are dying and going to hell every day. I'm no perfect Christian by no means and don't witness any like I should but this really got me thinking. How are we spending our time and how do others see in us. People are really sensitive to the subject of salvation and if we step on somebody's toes about which bible they are using and that person is lost , it could be the deciding factor if that person turns to Christ or not. We may not know or see it but somebody is always watching, reading and listening to what we say and do. I hope this didn't make anyone mad , just something to think about. God Bless

Good post and Good point!

You are exactly right. I came on too strong, didn't drop it as soon as I should have, and although I don't have issue with the information that I posted, it was done in the wrong place/fashion. These types of disagreements are best left for PMs, and for my part I apologize.

#3245986 - 05/14/13 07:27 AM Re: Bible Question [Re: EastTNHunter]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Loc: Hatchie Bottoms

I am so pleased to see this thread going as it has. It's nice to see grown men behaving as such.

I too am a believer that if someone can change your mind, then you never had your mind made up afterall.....

good luck guys and follow your heart, nothing more.

thanks

Walk away; the battle they are fighting is not with you, but with themselves.

#3246003 - 05/14/13 08:03 AM Re: Bible Question [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Loc: McMinn County

There's been a good discussion in this thread but I wouldn't go so far as to call it an argument and unworthy of discussion.

The Sword is the only weapon of offense in a Christian's armory. The Sword being the word of God, aka our Bible. If you don't have confidence in the only offense weapon that you've got...you're not going to do so well. Sure, we have the shield of faith to protect us from the fiery darts of the devil...but sooner rather than later the devil is going to knock you down or push you into a corner if you never draw the Sword and swing it. All 3 times that Satan was tempting and coming after Jesus, Jesus rebuked him with the Word...."For it is written...". Hebrews tells us that the word of God is quick and powerful and sharper than any two edged sword. And it is quick and powerful....but its only good as a weapon against Satan if you use it in the first place.

Page 10 of 10 « First<678910

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
PEhunter, Amy pesterfield, Blood seeker, fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain
13289 Registered Users
Who's Online
70 registered (diamond hunter, hunter0925, Snake, Mudbone, Big JWC 50, Bigg'un4214, 8 invisible) and 122 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13289 Members
42 Forums
85435 Topics
1032337 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.244 seconds in which 0.012 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.