Page 9 of 9 « First<56789
Topic Options
#3244873 - 05/12/13 01:23 PM Re: Bible Question [Re: in the dog house!]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: in the dog house!
Let me start off saying the I am a Christian and believe that there is only one God, and the only way to the Father is through the Son, and that Jesus Christ died on the Cross for all of our sins.

Not to take anything from the Bible, but even as a young child I always thought " who the heck was King James, and who decided that we would use his version of the bible". As I got older and learned more about the Bible, and King James. It only lead me to more questions. I learned that the KJV has been revised 12 or 13 times since its first "printing" just over 400 years ago. And as stated in some above posts the canonization of the Bible was done 60 or 70 years after Jesus' death. In my minds eye I see the powers that be of that day sitting around with all the letters, going through them and saying " this one fits our agenda so it goes in this pile, this one doesn't so it goes in this pile". Who decided we didn't need to know about what happened to him during his upbringing........ Why where these letters left out..... Why were they hidden away in some cave for us to find at some later date. Why were the others destroyed..... Who decided all of this for US, the powers that be of the day did. Did they had there own agenda in mind when they made these decisions... As I understand it a group of powerful spiritual leaders gathered, and made the decisions, collectively.
It seems to me its not much different than the times we live in today, with the powers that be deciding what is best for the masses to know. There is a lot in the Bible that I don't understand, as far as why things are missing, why some things are took literally and others are considered exaggerations or parables. If we all as Christians worship the same God, why are there so many different religions.... Why do Churches split....... There are more fights, and deaths for that matter over the Bible. This is not what Jesus taught in any version of the Bible, but yet evokes strong enough feelings in people to break up families, communities, friends, and Churches, and even murder.
The devil, as my understanding creates strife and confusion among people to lead them away from God. As RUGER said the other day, where God is working you can believe the devil is right there trying to mislead and confuse to keep people from God. The real truth is no one really knows. Having said that, we do know what is good in our hearts, and that God is LOVE, this is the one thing we do know without a doubt. If it is of true LOVE than it is of God, If it is not of TRUE, PURE, LOVE, then it is not of God.

Sorry for such a long post. As always Im just trying to get to a better understanding of God. This, in my mind should not be so confusing. I can't think that this is what God would want for us.

Good post Chip

#3245094 - 05/12/13 09:00 PM Re: Bible Question [Re: Kimber45]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

Well....... \:\)

Μολων λαβε

#3245160 - 05/12/13 11:16 PM Re: Bible Question [Re: in the dog house!]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Loc: McMinn County

As I said before, in my personal study on this subject, I was clueless to traditions, agendas, etc. I came into Christianity not being raised in church and in a non churchy family. They made it very hard on me at first; when I'd get up on Sunday to go to church and then back Sunday evenings and Wednesday nights. I didn't know one church for the other; I was just going to church. If I knew somebody at work that went to church somewhere, I was asking them where they went and would show up the next service no matter what name the sign said on the door. Looking back on it now, I firmly believe the Lord put people in my pathway to help guide and mentor me into where I am today.

One key person to this was Paul Grady. Aka Tikkashooter that posts here. Somebody I know had heard his dad preach and gotten a book of his for me...and I had began reading it. A subject on TnDeer came up and I had just read a chapter in that book on the same subject and quoted from it. Paul saw it and sent me a PM telling me who he was, and that it was his dad that had written the book. His dad is the author of the 2nd book I gave a link to in my last post (the guy with all the degrees). I've been to his dad's house a few times and Paul and his dad were very instrumental in showing me a lot of things. Paul and I have hunted together quite a bit over the years. I set him up for his first bow kill deer and his biggest muzzleloader buck to date in which I filmed for him and he filmed my first hog bow kill for me. There's much much more to this subject than what anybody could post and keep the attention span with just letters on a screen. Paul's dad has probably forgotten more on the subject than any of us can remember...that is to say if Paul's dad ever forgets anything which I don't think he has. He's like a living, walking, talking library. A man can argue with opinion but it's hard to dismiss facts about where a lot of this new age stuff came from. I know enough to know where I stand on the matter. If anybody wants to know more on it, I suggest getting in touch with Paul (tikkashooter) and they can help you more than I can. I've only been at it for 10 years....they've been in the battle for a lifetime.

#3245572 - 05/13/13 04:04 PM Re: Bible Question [Re: Bayou Buck]
DKO77
4 Point

Loc: TN

Hey guys , has anyone stopped to think that maybe there is a non-believer that has come across this thread and has read through the posts and thought , man is that all christians do is argue. There is a bigger battle going on other than which bible is best or whatever, yes I have my choice just like everyone else does but its not worth arguing over. Thats just the stuff satan will use to turn us as Christians away from what we should be doing . Theres plenty of stuff to argue over but while we are arguing people are dying and going to hell every day. I'm no perfect Christian by no means and don't witness any like I should but this really got me thinking. How are we spending our time and how do others see in us. People are really sensitive to the subject of salvation and if we step on somebody's toes about which bible they are using and that person is lost , it could be the deciding factor if that person turns to Christ or not. We may not know or see it but somebody is always watching, reading and listening to what we say and do. I hope this didn't make anyone mad , just something to think about. God Bless
#3245587 - 05/13/13 04:30 PM Re: Bible Question [Re: Crow Terminator]
WestTn Huntin'man
16 Point

Loc: Benton Co.

Originally Posted By: Crow Terminator
As I said before, in my personal study on this subject, I was clueless to traditions, agendas, etc. I came into Christianity not being raised in church and in a non churchy family. They made it very hard on me at first; when I'd get up on Sunday to go to church and then back Sunday evenings and Wednesday nights. I didn't know one church for the other; I was just going to church. If I knew somebody at work that went to church somewhere, I was asking them where they went and would show up the next service no matter what name the sign said on the door. Looking back on it now, I firmly believe the Lord put people in my pathway to help guide and mentor me into where I am today.

One key person to this was Paul Grady. Aka Tikkashooter that posts here. Somebody I know had heard his dad preach and gotten a book of his for me...and I had began reading it. A subject on TnDeer came up and I had just read a chapter in that book on the same subject and quoted from it. Paul saw it and sent me a PM telling me who he was, and that it was his dad that had written the book. His dad is the author of the 2nd book I gave a link to in my last post (the guy with all the degrees). I've been to his dad's house a few times and Paul and his dad were very instrumental in showing me a lot of things. Paul and I have hunted together quite a bit over the years. I set him up for his first bow kill deer and his biggest muzzleloader buck to date in which I filmed for him and he filmed my first hog bow kill for me. There's much much more to this subject than what anybody could post and keep the attention span with just letters on a screen. Paul's dad has probably forgotten more on the subject than any of us can remember...that is to say if Paul's dad ever forgets anything which I don't think he has. He's like a living, walking, talking library. A man can argue with opinion but it's hard to dismiss facts about where a lot of this new age stuff came from. I know enough to know where I stand on the matter. If anybody wants to know more on it, I suggest getting in touch with Paul (tikkashooter) and they can help you more than I can. I've only been at it for 10 years....they've been in the battle for a lifetime.

Very inspiring post. Love hearing the lord is working thru Tndeer.
IMO not understanding the Bible is more reason to go to church and worship.Not understanding used to be my excuse.
Proverbs 3:27 Whenever you possibly can, do good to those who need it

#3245641 - 05/13/13 06:09 PM Re: Bible Question [Re: DKO77]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: DKO77
Hey guys , has anyone stopped to think that maybe there is a non-believer that has come across this thread and has read through the posts and thought , man is that all christians do is argue. There is a bigger battle going on other than which bible is best or whatever, yes I have my choice just like everyone else does but its not worth arguing over. Thats just the stuff satan will use to turn us as Christians away from what we should be doing . Theres plenty of stuff to argue over but while we are arguing people are dying and going to hell every day. I'm no perfect Christian by no means and don't witness any like I should but this really got me thinking. How are we spending our time and how do others see in us. People are really sensitive to the subject of salvation and if we step on somebody's toes about which bible they are using and that person is lost , it could be the deciding factor if that person turns to Christ or not. We may not know or see it but somebody is always watching, reading and listening to what we say and do. I hope this didn't make anyone mad , just something to think about. God Bless

Good post and Good point!

#3245871 - 05/13/13 11:01 PM Re: Bible Question [Re: Kimber45]
gasman
8 Point

Loc: South of the Hatchie

As my pastor always says "if I can talk you into it, someone else can talk you out of it" use the Bible that YOU are comfortable with.

Hunt Hard. Pray Harder.

#3245874 - 05/13/13 11:19 PM Re: Bible Question [Re: Crow Terminator]
tikkashooter
8 Point

Loc: Kingston, TN

Originally Posted By: EastTNHunter
The Luciferian argument that he used is weak and shows an obvious ignorance of the scriptures.

You're probably right. I mean what would a university professor that has taught 17 different courses/authored 6 college textbooks, with a B.A., M.A., and M.F.A degrees with additional post grad study at Harvard and Cornell, know about scripture? Obviously their knowledge is less than some random guy from TN on a deer hunting forum. \:\)

Here's another great book to read...that you will probably dismiss because the author only has a few places he has studied at: Cavalry Bible Institute and Philadelphia College of Bible, earning a B.S. in Pastoral Theology and M. Ed in Christian Education at Hyles-Anderson College. Also has a D.D. from Anchor Baptist Bible College and holds a Th. M. in English Bible from the Baptist International School of Theology and a Ph. D. in History from Baptist International Seminary.

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Authority-Christians-Guide-James/dp/0962880914

So tell me again what your Biblical study credits were?

KJV ONLY for me... Crow I think I might know that second feller! He's got a 2nd book out on the KJV now.

#3245876 - 05/13/13 11:23 PM Re: Bible Question [Re: Crow Terminator]
tikkashooter
8 Point

Loc: Kingston, TN

It's been an interesting read but I prefer not to debate stuff on here. Anybody who wants to discuss I am happy to oblige a phone call, just send me
a PM.

#3245911 - 05/14/13 05:00 AM Re: Bible Question [Re: Kimber45]
EastTNHunter
10 Point

Loc: Rhea Co., TN

Originally Posted By: Kimber45
 Originally Posted By: DKO77

Good post and Good point!

You are exactly right. I came on too strong, didn't drop it as soon as I should have, and although I don't have issue with the information that I posted, it was done in the wrong place/fashion. These types of disagreements are best left for PMs, and for my part I apologize.

Page 9 of 9 « First<56789

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
swampdonkey83, chrisp711, DEH20, tomtalker, jg12
13193 Registered Users
Who's Online
101 registered (ArkansasDude, mimitk, Lady's man, MUP, bjohnson, Bo Diddley, 8 invisible) and 125 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13193 Members
42 Forums
91330 Topics
1067656 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.041 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.