Tndeer Logo

Page 219 of 257 « First<217218219220221>Last »
Topic Options
#3231271 - 04/25/13 08:59 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

At work? Share Jesus!

I watched this video over the weekend and it was a great reminder of what we are to be doing every chance we get, even at our jobs! Check it out!

http://vimeo.com/25424035

Notice how the barber shared His faith! Wow this is awesome. This is the way a believers life should be, sharing our faith in Jesus Christ. Teaching others, helping others, and loving others! This is a picture of how the church(God's people) are suppose to live their lives!

Look at these scriptures:

1 Corinthians 9:23
I do it all for the sake of the gospel, that I may share with them in its blessings.

1 Thessalonians 2:8
So, being affectionately desirous of you, we were ready to share with you not only the gospel of God but also our own selves, because you had become very dear to us.

Hebrews 13:16
Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.

John 13:34
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

1 Peter 4:8
Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins.

1 John 4:7
Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.

Acts 8:35
Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning with this Scripture he told him the good news about Jesus.

Romans 10:15
And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!”

Matthew 28:19

19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

This gets me fired up! How about you? Are you loving others and sharing the good news of Jesus? Folks get enough bad news every day! How about we start getting the good news of Jesus out! At work and every other place the day may take us!

Tom

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#3231460 - 04/25/13 12:15 PM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

Thanks

#3234463 - 04/29/13 09:01 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: rabbit hunter]
preachermantom
12 Point

What is your church doing? #1

Heard a great sermon yesterday from my Pastor about what the early church was doing. all of our churches seem to have plenty of programs and ideas. We need to go back and look at the basics, what was the early church doing? This is what we need to be doing! So let's take a look at the early church see:

Acts 2:42-47

42 And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. 43 And awe came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were being done through the apostles. 44 And all who believed were together and had all things in common. 45 And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need. 46 And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, 47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved.

So lets pull several things that the early church was doing:

1. Teaching God's Word: v.42 This should be a priority in ALL churches. We see the early church was devoted to "apostles' teaching". The apostles were teaching them what Jesus had done and taught. If we are not learning the Word then we are not any where close where God wants us to be as individual believers and as churches.

2. Fellowship: v.42 For those who think they can be devout followers of Chrisy with our being involved in a group of believers, here is another example of what the early church was doing thus an example for us. Togetherness is a must for believers. Encouraging each other, bearing each others burdens, celebrating victories, and loving each other. Believers are to be there for one another, and to do the work of God. Fellowship is not an option it is a valid teaching of the bible. Get involved if you are not!

3.Breaking of bread: v.42 The early church celebrated the breaking of bread otherwise known as The Lord's Supper or communion. Yes this was a important part of the early church and should be with our churches. Remembering what Jesus has done for us as described here:

Luke 22:14-20

14 And when the hour came, he reclined at table, and the apostles with him. 15 And he said to them, “I have earnestly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. 16 For I tell you I will not eat it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God.” 17 And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he said, “Take this, and divide it among yourselves. 18 For I tell you that from now on I will not drink of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.” 19 And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.” 20 And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood.

Jesus said "Do this in remembrance of me." The early church did and so should the church now to be reminded of what Jesus did for us!

4. Prayers: v.42 Obviously praying was a big part of the early church. This is our communication line with God. Look at this verse:

1 Thessalonians 5:17
pray without ceasing,

We are to remain in an attitude of prayer all the time, as an individual and as the church! For needs and to reach the lost should be our main focus in prayers.

5. Met needs: v.45 This was a major purpose of the early church. Is it for us? This one may hurt a bit when we really think about it. We are greedy! We like our stuff, our money, mine, mine mine! But when we look at the early church this was not the way they operated. The Word says they sold all their stuff except what they needed to meet their own personal needs and then they met the needs of others! Wow! Now remember their needs are not their wants! Hmmmmm. Just think on that a while. If the universal church operated like this how would it change our world? How many lives would be reached for Jesus because others would see our love? We like our wants though don't we? Like I said this one hurts if we are honest with ourselves.

So are we living like the early church? What changes need to be made? Think about this and then act upon it! Tomorrow we will look the second half of the list.

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3235374 - 04/30/13 08:26 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

What is your church doing? #2

Continuing on from yesterday, looking at Acts 2:42-47. Compared to the early church, what is our church doing? Today we will cover the other 5 points of what the early church was doing to set the example for our churches.
Here is the scripture:

Acts 2:42-47

42 And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. 43 And awe came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were being done through the apostles. 44 And all who believed were together and had all things in common. 45 And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need. 46 And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, 47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved.

6. Attended church everyday: v.46 What? The scriptures say they attended the temple together day by day! Oh my! I thought Sunday morning was plenty! (wink,wink). Again the early church is setting the example for us...worship and fellowship is important and when the doors are open we should be there! Another proof for those who think they don't need church, scriptures say different. Are you at church with your family when the doors are open?

7. Eating together with glad and generous hearts: v.46 Not only were they eating as a family but many families gathered together to eat. More fellowship time and even more importantly sharing of food with each other. When is the last time we invited others to share a meal in our homes. I am thinking here, not our best friends but a family we know are in need. What a witness and that is doing what Jesus would do!

8. Praising God: v.47 I wrote a devotion on this point not long ago using different scripture. We ask God for things all the time but how much time do we just praise Him? The early church is setting the example once again here. Remember the early church was in major persecution at this time.....but the praised God! He is worthy! How much time does your church spend in praise?

9. Having favor with all people: v.47 This is all about attitude. When we are humble and loving like Jesus others see a difference and they want what we have which is Jesus! The early church is our example. Now remember some will never want Jesus and we have to stand strong when pressed against!

10. Lord added to their number daily! (saved): v.47 When we are doing as the early church did, folks will be saved by God's grace. So what were they doing?

1. Teaching God's Word-devotedly being taught

2. Fellowship of believers

3. Breaking of bread-Lords Supper

4. Praying

5. Meeting needs

6. Church everyday

7. Eating together-sharing

8. Praising God

9. Getting along with all

10. People being saved

This is the so called programs of the early church, and should be our priority in today's church! Let's get at it!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3235464 - 04/30/13 10:34 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Boodaddy
14 Point

Loc: Chapel Hill Tn

Dear God,
Thank You for the blessings You have given me. Even this morning, I woke up with air in my lungs and my heart beating. Help me to have an attitude of gratitude for all that I have. Also, give me the strength and wisdom to live a generous life. Help me to be more like You. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

#3236216 - 05/01/13 09:59 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Boodaddy]
preachermantom
12 Point

Amen Boodaddy! Thank you!

Jesus Christ

#3236217 - 05/01/13 10:00 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Faith of Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson

Interesting article about Phil and his faith. Awesome to see a show about faith in Jesus Christ and family values top the charts. The last episode this year, which aired last week, was the top watched show, out dueling American Idol!

http://www.christianpost.com/news/duck-d...mPuwww8GTVYb.99

Jesus Christ

#3241952 - 05/08/13 08:33 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Chasing turkeys!

Well I just got back from a little trip of fishing and hunting. Part of the agenda was chasing a turkey. The Lord blessed us with great success! Four turkeys in 3 hunts! As I was thinking about this is come to my attention that hunting turkeys is much like trying to take the gospel to the lost world. For example, some turkeys respond quickly to the calls. The lost sometimes respond quickly to the call of the Holy Spirit. Some turkeys take much time to respond to the calls. The lost in many cases also take much time to respond to the call of the Holy Spirit, thank God for continuing to come after those of us that take awhile! Then some turkeys never do respond to calls. Likewise, much of the lost never do respond to the call of God through the Holy Spirit. See how interesting that is?

Turkeys are a interesting animal. Their sight is exceptional. But they are not the smartest of all birds. They can be tricked easily. It reminds me of us humans, God has blessed us with great minds, emotions, senses and many other things but we can be tricked easily by the lies of the devil if we are not well learned in the truth of God's Word!

John 8:43-45
43 Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me.

John 8:31-32

31 So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

So let us learn this morning two things:

1. People are like turkeys, go after them with all you got and leave the results to God!

2. Humans are tricked easily by the devil, get in the Word of God and learn his tricks so you won't be deceived easily!

Take a kid hunting and talk about God, it don't get much better than that!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3242701 - 05/09/13 08:31 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

What is in a name?

We all have had to give a name to either a pet or a child. Sometimes this is an easy task and others times it takes some time. Many times these names have a certain meaning to them, other times they don't. For a pet it may be the way they look or something that reminds us of another important area of our life. For a child it may be a name of a past family member, or something that goes along with our faith, or maybe something unique. God had a very important name for His Son, check these verses out:

Philippians 2:9-11

9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Wow, the name above all names! Jesus Christ! So exactly what does Jesus Christ mean? The name Jesus means "Savior." It is the same name as Joshua in the Old Testament. It is given to our Lord because "He saves His people from their sins." This is His special role. He saves them from the guilt of sin, by cleansing them in His own atoning blood. He saves them from the dominion of sin by putting in their hearts the sanctifying Spirit. He saves them from the presence of sin, when He takes them out of this world to rest with Him. He will save them from all the consequences of sin, when He shall give them a glorious body at the last day. The word “Christ” comes from christos, a Greek word meaning “anointed.” It is the equivalent of the word mashiach, or Messiah, in Hebrew. So, to be the Christ, or Messiah, is to be “the anointed one of God.”

So what is in a name? In the case of Jesus Christ...Everything! One day ALL will bow to Him, believers and non-believers alike! Every tongue will proclaim "Jesus Christ is Lord!" God will receive all the glory for this! Whew! I am praising God I have already proclaimed this....willingly! Have you?

The name above all...Jesus Christ....makes me smile just saying that!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3242704 - 05/09/13 08:37 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Amen to that PMT!

Page 219 of 257 « First<217218219220221>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bootsinsand, bigun714, clh200, tlwilliams, Forvols
13179 Registered Users
Who's Online
99 registered (2in1shot, turf08, redheadshooter, fourwheeler431, old guy, tn droptine, 15 invisible) and 123 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13179 Members
42 Forums
90896 Topics
1062175 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.129 seconds in which 0.056 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.