Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#3241665 - 05/07/13 08:40 PM Can you believe this Republican got re-elected?
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

Just four short years ago Republican South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford disappeared for several days, lied about where he was, spent taxpayer money to see his secret mistress in Argentina, admitted to cheating on his wife with multiple women during their marriage, and got censured by the South Carolina legislature. Today, Republican voters in South Carolina's first congressional district voted to send him to Washington DC as their US Congressman. It is not surprising that he won today in a conservative district. They would have elected anyone but a Democrat. What is surprising and pathetic is that he was able to win the Republican primary and get to today's election. There wasn't a more deserving conservative politician in this district? Really? This is the best Republican that this district had to offer? Imagine what Republicans would be saying if it was a Democrat who had done what Sanford did as Governor and then got re-elected four years later. The Republicans of the first congressional district of South Carolina have conceded the moral high ground and shamed conservatives who expect our elected officials to conduct themselves with honor, dignity, accountability, professionalism and integrity in office. The biggest insult is that we, US taxpayers, now have to pay his salary. I am all for second chances for those who deserve them, but does Mark Sanford deserve a second chance that gives him a seat in the US Capital Building just four years after disgracing himself, the office of the Governor, the Republican Party and conservative voters? Heck no he does not!

I am so sick of politics, politicians and the American voting public. We truly deserve this colossal mess that we have created with our votes over the past several decades. Sanford's election just goes to show you that Republicans can be as hypocritical, unprincipled and ridiculous as Democrats. "We the people" have reached the point of having no standards. I am just totally disgusted by it all.

Mark Sanford wins election for South Carolina House seat

#3241686 - 05/07/13 09:01 PM Re: Can you believe this Republican got re-elected? [Re: Vermin93]
Happy Birthday FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

320 million people in this country and this is the best we can do? Are you freaking kidding me?

We are sooooooo screwed.

17.9 Trillion http://www.usdebtclock.org/

#3241748 - 05/07/13 10:59 PM Re: Can you believe this Republican got re-elected? [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
TNhunter
TnDeer Old Timer
10 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN, Rutherford

IMHO any republican is "usually" a better bet than any democrat. Look aroind the country and see what all the democrat controlled states are doing to the Second Amendement.

Edited by TNhunter (05/07/13 10:59 PM)

"If there is unrest, the government will seize all the registered guns."

"You need guns and ammo first – then everything else."

#3241772 - 05/07/13 11:34 PM Re: Can you believe this Republican got re-elected? [Re: TNhunter]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

Originally Posted By: TNhunter
IMHO any republican is "usually" a better bet than any democrat. Look aroind the country and see what all the democrat controlled states are doing to the Second Amendement.

True, but it never should have come to this. Republican voters in the first district of South Carolina had 16 Republican candidates to choose from in the Republican primary back in March. Who did they nominate out of those 16 candidates? A disgraced former Governor who lied to the State, cheated on his wife with multiple women, and spent taxpayer dollars to visit his mistress in Argentina. I expect he was the only name most of them recognized. Nobody could convince me he was the most deserving candidate out of the 16. If he is the best the first district can do then it's a district full of a lot of pretty sorry South Carolinians.

Edited by Vermin93 (05/07/13 11:35 PM)

#3241784 - 05/08/13 01:08 AM Re: Can you believe this Republican got re-elected? [Re: Vermin93]
Hangnail
12 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

content Online
I'd rather my tax dollars go to a guy trying to get laid than the Muslim Brotherhood.

I feel so disenfranchised.

#3241808 - 05/08/13 04:46 AM Re: Can you believe this Republican got re-elected? [Re: TNhunter]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

content Online
 Originally Posted By: TNhunter

I'm inclined to agree with this. Also, look at what other freedoms the libs/dems are attacking all the time, as well as taxing the krap out us to keep their spending habit breathing comfortably. Truly the lesser of two evils won out, but way better choice still...that's scary, ain't it?

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3241853 - 05/08/13 06:52 AM Re: Can you believe this Republican got re-elected? [Re: MUP]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

Here is a FACT the Parties don't want you to know about.

Conservatives don't like to run for public office.

Who in their right mind (conservatives) would willingly go consort with low class criminals and habitual schemers ?

WE have to start getting involved at the local level and pushing conservative candidates for everything from Mayor to dog catcher.

I have recently started going to PUB party meetings in my area. We can't find good conservative candidates to run. The door is wide open. You run, you win the primary uncontested and go to the general election.

The Dems have been in power for the past 200yrs in this county and have run it into the ground. Citizens are worried about the economy, the schools, high taxes... The Dems are incredibly vulnerable, yet we can't get quality people to run.

Get involved people, and by involved I mean join a party, start going to meetings and start influencing the direction of the local elections. Those people will be the seed stock for future higher offices.

#3241883 - 05/08/13 07:31 AM Re: Can you believe this Republican got re-elected? [Re: fishboy1]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Lesser of two evils.
#3241890 - 05/08/13 07:38 AM Re: Can you believe this Republican got re-elected? [Re: fishboy1]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: fishboy1
Here is a FACT the Parties don't want you to know about.

Conservatives don't like to run for public office.

Who in their right mind (conservatives) would willingly go consort with low class criminals and habitual schemers ?

WE have to start getting involved at the local level and pushing conservative candidates for everything from Mayor to dog catcher.

I have recently started going to PUB party meetings in my area. We can't find good conservative candidates to run. The door is wide open. You run, you win the primary uncontested and go to the general election.

The Dems have been in power for the past 200yrs in this county and have run it into the ground. Citizens are worried about the economy, the schools, high taxes... The Dems are incredibly vulnerable, yet we can't get quality people to run.

Get involved people, and by involved I mean join a party, start going to meetings and start influencing the direction of the local elections. Those people will be the seed stock for future higher offices.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS!!!

I've been saying it for years, get involved.

Just because someone might be a registered D or R to vote does NOT make them a member of that party, only the way they can vote.

Get out there and become a card carrying dues paying member of the party and they go to the local meetings. That's just a start. But it starts pushing the people of YOUR CHOICE to start to move up.

Ever the democrats can do this. I've talked to dozens of democrats that have told me that the Democrat Party is way too far left for them. I told them the same thing I'm telling you, get involved in the local party and start to push for change. The sheep will always follow the leaders no mater how far left they go but if you want to bring back the Democrat Party of JFK then it will be up to you. Same thing for the Republican Party, you want to change the RINO's the only way is to get involved in the party as a member.

#3241903 - 05/08/13 07:47 AM Re: Can you believe this Republican got re-elected? [Re: Wildcat]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

Would we rather hear, "Speaker of the House Pelosi" again instead?
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TnDear, buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys
13384 Registered Users
Who's Online
97 registered (huntinkev, tickweed, iowavf, Good time Charlie, Master Chief, Roost 1, 10 invisible) and 162 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13384 Members
42 Forums
95887 Topics
1122827 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.047 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.