Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#3241738 - 05/07/13 10:40 PM Posing a question
JandSCattleCo
8 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

What would you do / How would you feel...

If the company you worked for paid a lower salary than those in the market you are in because your insurance premium is built in? Thusly, it APPEARS that you don't pay for your insurance, but you do because your salary is lower.. Following me so far?

Then, your board of directors decides to DOUBLE your premium, and have you the employee start paying "y" amount out of each paycheck to equal "x" amount each year, even though its previously taken out. The family plan went up also, because the individual who already had it taken out, now has to pay into the family plan to cover their "x" amount.

Thoughts please.

-Breathe Easy

#3241745 - 05/07/13 10:54 PM Re: Posing a question [Re: JandSCattleCo]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

First, I would wonder if it has anything to do with Obamacare or not.

Second, if it had a big enough of a negative impact on my paycheck I would start shopping around for better employment options.

That's the beautiful thing about a competitive job market. If other employers want you then you don't have to tolerate a pay cut of any sort.

#3241747 - 05/07/13 10:57 PM Re: Posing a question [Re: JandSCattleCo]
Chaneylake
Brownsville Mafia
16 Point

Loc: on the wings of a snow white d...

sorry charlie, write a letter to yobama, I am hearing these type reports to often

Living somewhere between this world and the other, Legends of the Fall

#3241752 - 05/07/13 11:03 PM Re: Posing a question [Re: Vermin93]
JandSCattleCo
8 Point

Originally Posted By: Vermin93

Second, if it had a big enough of a negative impact on my paycheck I would start shopping around for better employment options.

That's the beautiful thing about a competitive job market. If other employers want you then you don't have to tolerate a pay cut of any sort.

1. It doesn't. It's just the BOD wanting to raise more funds.
2. My position is rather speciality, and due to wife's job, can't just shop / move around.
3. The job market I'm in is not quite that "competitive" due to the speciality.

-Breathe Easy

#3241755 - 05/07/13 11:10 PM Re: Posing a question [Re: JandSCattleCo]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

i am confused, dont you teach?

#3241760 - 05/07/13 11:12 PM Re: Posing a question [Re: redblood]
JandSCattleCo
8 Point

Originally Posted By: redblood
i am confused, dont you teach?

Yes. I was posing this as if it was private sector before I have folks jump down my throat because I'm a horrible person aka teacher.

-Breathe Easy

#3241763 - 05/07/13 11:16 PM Re: Posing a question [Re: JandSCattleCo]
leader
16 Point

Loc: Knox

ALOT of people would say be happy you have a job with insurance.
To those people I would say $(;//;().
It really just depends on how much you NEED/VALUE your job.
If you have that specialized of a job and can't explore other opportunities because of your wife's job, then your just asking for opinions to bolster your unhappiness which in the long run does nothing to better your position but makes you unhappy. Just an outside opinion. Good luck!

#3241765 - 05/07/13 11:20 PM Re: Posing a question [Re: leader]
leader
16 Point

Loc: Knox

^^^^

I was pretty sure you were a teacher also and you really can't compare teachers to private corporations unfortunately....

Edited by leader (05/07/13 11:22 PM)

#3241769 - 05/07/13 11:28 PM Re: Posing a question [Re: JandSCattleCo]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

Originally Posted By: JandSCattleCo
 Originally Posted By: Vermin93

1. It doesn't. It's just the BOD wanting to raise more funds.
2. My position is rather speciality, and due to wife's job, can't just shop / move around.
3. The job market I'm in is not quite that "competitive" due to the speciality.

Actually, there's a good chance it does have something to do with Obamacare. Insurance premiums are going up all over the country because of it. If your employer needs to pay the insurance company more money to give your family the same coverage that you previously had, then the money for the premium increase needs to come from somewhere.

It sounds to me like your beef might be with the healthcare insurance industry and the various factors, like Obamacare, that keep causing healthcare insurance premiums to rise so much. Your employer is not going to eat all of those costs themselves.

Follow the money. Is it going to insurance companies or somewhere else.

#3241848 - 05/08/13 06:43 AM Re: Posing a question [Re: Vermin93]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

Shop private insurance policies and see if you can get a high deductible policy.

Then see if you can "opt out" of the employer provided health insurance and receive the corresponding additional pay.

You will be trading a full service high cost policy for a policy which only kicks in after say...$2500 or $5000 in medical expenses. BUT your premiums will go down by several hundred dollars a month. Gotta run the math.

Im glad to see that you are trying to work the numbers on your "free" employer provided health insurance and seeing what a "bargain" it is NOT. Take control of your costs and finances!

IMO, Employer provided health insurance (started as a shelter from bad tax policy) is a HUGE reason why health care costs are out of control. When the health care PROVIDER can't tell you what a standard service costs because of insurance rules, you know the system is screwed up.

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
5 registered (WG3, grunt'n gator, Gordo1473, imograss, 1 invisible) and 78 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180120 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.006 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.