Tndeer Logo

Page all of 3 123>
Topic Options
#3241665 - 05/07/13 08:40 PM Can you believe this Republican got re-elected?
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

shocked Online
Just four short years ago Republican South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford disappeared for several days, lied about where he was, spent taxpayer money to see his secret mistress in Argentina, admitted to cheating on his wife with multiple women during their marriage, and got censured by the South Carolina legislature. Today, Republican voters in South Carolina's first congressional district voted to send him to Washington DC as their US Congressman. It is not surprising that he won today in a conservative district. They would have elected anyone but a Democrat. What is surprising and pathetic is that he was able to win the Republican primary and get to today's election. There wasn't a more deserving conservative politician in this district? Really? This is the best Republican that this district had to offer? Imagine what Republicans would be saying if it was a Democrat who had done what Sanford did as Governor and then got re-elected four years later. The Republicans of the first congressional district of South Carolina have conceded the moral high ground and shamed conservatives who expect our elected officials to conduct themselves with honor, dignity, accountability, professionalism and integrity in office. The biggest insult is that we, US taxpayers, now have to pay his salary. I am all for second chances for those who deserve them, but does Mark Sanford deserve a second chance that gives him a seat in the US Capital Building just four years after disgracing himself, the office of the Governor, the Republican Party and conservative voters? Heck no he does not!

I am so sick of politics, politicians and the American voting public. We truly deserve this colossal mess that we have created with our votes over the past several decades. Sanford's election just goes to show you that Republicans can be as hypocritical, unprincipled and ridiculous as Democrats. "We the people" have reached the point of having no standards. I am just totally disgusted by it all.

Mark Sanford wins election for South Carolina House seat

#3241686 - 05/07/13 09:01 PM Re: Can you believe this Republican got re-elected? [Re: Vermin93]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

320 million people in this country and this is the best we can do? Are you freaking kidding me?

We are sooooooo screwed.

#3241748 - 05/07/13 10:59 PM Re: Can you believe this Republican got re-elected? [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
TNhunter
TnDeer Old Timer
10 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN, Rutherford

IMHO any republican is "usually" a better bet than any democrat. Look aroind the country and see what all the democrat controlled states are doing to the Second Amendement.

Edited by TNhunter (05/07/13 10:59 PM)

"If there is unrest, the government will seize all the registered guns."

"You need guns and ammo first – then everything else."

#3241772 - 05/07/13 11:34 PM Re: Can you believe this Republican got re-elected? [Re: TNhunter]
Vermin93
12 Point

shocked Online
 Originally Posted By: TNhunter
IMHO any republican is "usually" a better bet than any democrat. Look aroind the country and see what all the democrat controlled states are doing to the Second Amendement.

True, but it never should have come to this. Republican voters in the first district of South Carolina had 16 Republican candidates to choose from in the Republican primary back in March. Who did they nominate out of those 16 candidates? A disgraced former Governor who lied to the State, cheated on his wife with multiple women, and spent taxpayer dollars to visit his mistress in Argentina. I expect he was the only name most of them recognized. Nobody could convince me he was the most deserving candidate out of the 16. If he is the best the first district can do then it's a district full of a lot of pretty sorry South Carolinians.

Edited by Vermin93 (05/07/13 11:35 PM)

#3241784 - 05/08/13 01:08 AM Re: Can you believe this Republican got re-elected? [Re: Vermin93]
Hangnail
12 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

I'd rather my tax dollars go to a guy trying to get laid than the Muslim Brotherhood.

I feel so disenfranchised.

#3241808 - 05/08/13 04:46 AM Re: Can you believe this Republican got re-elected? [Re: TNhunter]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Originally Posted By: TNhunter

I'm inclined to agree with this. Also, look at what other freedoms the libs/dems are attacking all the time, as well as taxing the krap out us to keep their spending habit breathing comfortably. Truly the lesser of two evils won out, but way better choice still...that's scary, ain't it?

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3241853 - 05/08/13 06:52 AM Re: Can you believe this Republican got re-elected? [Re: MUP]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

Here is a FACT the Parties don't want you to know about.

Conservatives don't like to run for public office.

Who in their right mind (conservatives) would willingly go consort with low class criminals and habitual schemers ?

WE have to start getting involved at the local level and pushing conservative candidates for everything from Mayor to dog catcher.

I have recently started going to PUB party meetings in my area. We can't find good conservative candidates to run. The door is wide open. You run, you win the primary uncontested and go to the general election.

The Dems have been in power for the past 200yrs in this county and have run it into the ground. Citizens are worried about the economy, the schools, high taxes... The Dems are incredibly vulnerable, yet we can't get quality people to run.

Get involved people, and by involved I mean join a party, start going to meetings and start influencing the direction of the local elections. Those people will be the seed stock for future higher offices.

#3241883 - 05/08/13 07:31 AM Re: Can you believe this Republican got re-elected? [Re: fishboy1]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Lesser of two evils.
#3241890 - 05/08/13 07:38 AM Re: Can you believe this Republican got re-elected? [Re: fishboy1]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: fishboy1

Who in their right mind (conservatives) would willingly go consort with low class criminals and habitual schemers ?

WE have to start getting involved at the local level and pushing conservative candidates for everything from Mayor to dog catcher.

I have recently started going to PUB party meetings in my area. We can't find good conservative candidates to run. The door is wide open. You run, you win the primary uncontested and go to the general election.

The Dems have been in power for the past 200yrs in this county and have run it into the ground. Citizens are worried about the economy, the schools, high taxes... The Dems are incredibly vulnerable, yet we can't get quality people to run.

Get involved people, and by involved I mean join a party, start going to meetings and start influencing the direction of the local elections. Those people will be the seed stock for future higher offices.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS!!!

I've been saying it for years, get involved.

Just because someone might be a registered D or R to vote does NOT make them a member of that party, only the way they can vote.

Get out there and become a card carrying dues paying member of the party and they go to the local meetings. That's just a start. But it starts pushing the people of YOUR CHOICE to start to move up.

Ever the democrats can do this. I've talked to dozens of democrats that have told me that the Democrat Party is way too far left for them. I told them the same thing I'm telling you, get involved in the local party and start to push for change. The sheep will always follow the leaders no mater how far left they go but if you want to bring back the Democrat Party of JFK then it will be up to you. Same thing for the Republican Party, you want to change the RINO's the only way is to get involved in the party as a member.

#3241903 - 05/08/13 07:47 AM Re: Can you believe this Republican got re-elected? [Re: Wildcat]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

Would we rather hear, "Speaker of the House Pelosi" again instead?
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#3241913 - 05/08/13 07:56 AM Re: Can you believe this Republican got re-elected? [Re: Wes Parrish]
Vermin93
12 Point

shocked Online
 Originally Posted By: Wes Parrish
Lesser of two evils.

Wrong. There were 15 other Republicans running against Sanford during this campaign. Not sure why some of you guys can't seem to grasp the concept of a primary.

#3241918 - 05/08/13 08:11 AM Re: Can you believe this Republican got re-elected? [Re: Vermin93]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Vermin93
Lesser of two evils.

Wrong. There were 15 other Republicans running against Sanford during this campaign. Not sure why some of you guys can't seem to grasp the concept of a primary.

The VOTERS picked him out of 16. That is the reason for a primary. To most people what he did in his personal life does not effect what he does with his public office. That was enough for him to win the primary. Look at Clinton. He was NOT impeached for what he did with the woman while in office but for lying to Congress about it.

#3241928 - 05/08/13 08:20 AM Re: Can you believe this Republican got re-elected? [Re: Wildcat]
Vermin93
12 Point

shocked Online
 Originally Posted By: Wildcat
 Originally Posted By: Vermin93
Lesser of two evils.

The VOTERS picked him out of 16. That is the reason for a primary. To most people what he did in his personal life does not effect what he does with his public office. That was enough for him to win the primary. Look at Clinton. He was NOT impeached for what he did with the woman while in office but for lying to Congress about it.

Yep, Mark Sanford was the most deserving Republican candidate in the entire first district of South Carolina. Not! I'm sure he won on name recognition because most of the Republicans voters in the district were probably too lazy to learn anything about the other 15 candidates.

The Republican voters who nominated him have no better standards than Democrats. Now we have another schmuck in Congress. And we look like a hypocritical party. Family values, my arse.

"We the people" prove once again that they are fools.

He was censured by the South Carolina legislature for ethics violations. He used taxpayer money to visit one of his mistresses in Argentina. He abused the office of the Governor. He disappeared for 6 days and lied about it. He told people he was hiking the Appalachian trail when he was on a booty call in South America. This went way beyond his personal life. And now he's drawing another paycheck from taxpayers. There was no way a Democrat would win this district. Republicans could have nominated the Geico gecko and won it. Instead a slimeball with a sense of political entitlement is rewarded with a new political career by a bunch of American Idol voters.

I'm one of the biggest Democrat/liberal bashers I know, but this election in South Carolina was a total disgrace for Republicans and conservatives and I'm not going to pretend it wasn't in the interest of being a "loyal Republican".

Edited by Vermin93 (05/08/13 08:31 AM)

#3241997 - 05/08/13 09:02 AM Re: Can you believe this Republican got re-elected? [Re: Wildcat]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

Originally Posted By: Wildcat

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS!!!

I've been saying it for years, get involved.

Just because someone might be a registered D or R to vote does NOT make them a member of that party, only the way they can vote.

Get out there and become a card carrying dues paying member of the party and they go to the local meetings. That's just a start. But it starts pushing the people of YOUR CHOICE to start to move up.

Ever the democrats can do this. I've talked to dozens of democrats that have told me that the Democrat Party is way too far left for them. I told them the same thing I'm telling you, get involved in the local party and start to push for change. The sheep will always follow the leaders no mater how far left they go but if you want to bring back the Democrat Party of JFK then it will be up to you. Same thing for the Republican Party, you want to change the RINO's the only way is to get involved in the party as a member.

And that gentlemen has been my opinion of which I've often stated since I first signed on to tndeer in 1999. Conservatives don't have much of a voice in politics because we loathe associations with leftists, communists, and criminals. We hate big and powerful government, and we prefer to handle things on our own rather than having government to step in and "fix" things. The liberals have and will always gravitate toward political office in an effort to grow their Government God and therefore usurp all the power from the people.

Our liberty and freedom is vanishing before our eyes. Unless we step out of our preferred disengagement and get involved in our country's political system, we may lose the few remaining opportunities that we have left to turn things around.

With the unfolding events of the last election such as voter fraud and blanket coverage by leftist media, I'm no longer assured that the ballot box can turn things around on a national level. Locally, and within our home states is where we have to begin to take our country back.

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

#3242034 - 05/08/13 09:40 AM Re: Can you believe this Republican got re-elected? [Re: Rebel]
ncslickslayer
4 Point

Loc: raleigh,nc

Vermin93 - Your point is valid, I agree. Politics, in general, STINK !!

Wildcat - The VOTERS picked Obama. You ok with that, too ?

#3242038 - 05/08/13 09:44 AM Re: Can you believe this Republican got re-elected? [Re: ncslickslayer]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Both parties have a surplus of low information voters they can depend on!

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3242201 - 05/08/13 01:31 PM Re: Can you believe this Republican got re-elected? [Re: de novo]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: de novo
Both parties have a surplus of low information voters they can depend on!

^^^^^
This

#3242211 - 05/08/13 01:42 PM Re: Can you believe this Republican got re-elected? [Re: Bambi Buster]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

A society in moral decay meets a representative republic.

It's not his actions that disgusts me as much as he REPRESENTS his constituents.

I have seen the enemy and he is us.

#3242482 - 05/08/13 08:27 PM Re: Can you believe this Republican got re-elected? [Re: ncslickslayer]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: ncslickslayer
Vermin93 - Your point is valid, I agree. Politics, in general, STINK !!

Wildcat - The VOTERS picked Obama. You ok with that, too ?

Yes the VOTERS picked Obama, he DID win the election and I'm ok with the ELECTION.

I'm NOT ok with what Obama has done in office.

The most important VOTERS that HELPED Obama win re-election was the ones that STAYED HOME rather than vote for Romney. I have a problem with them.

#3242497 - 05/08/13 08:42 PM Re: Can you believe this Republican got re-elected? [Re: Wildcat]
fishboy1
16 Point

I wish I had some of you guys going to meetings with me. Crappie in particular. He has a way of turning a phrase that is Spot on.

Let me tell you this.... ONE guy can make a difference in a local party meeting. ONE person who is willing to take a leadership role simply by having well thought out opinions and good ideas. Heck you don't even have to be on the board or join a committee.

I have seen it over and over again at various boards I have volunteered to sit on. The chairman is OFTEN not the one driving the direction and agenda. It is USUALLY the one who is willing to speak up with GOOD IDEAS and is clear and to the point.

Lacking quality leadership on a local level, chances are good that the local political party will adopt the national line. That means RINO's for pubs and Progressive socialists for Dems.

#3242530 - 05/08/13 09:33 PM Re: Can you believe this Republican got re-elected? [Re: fishboy1]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

I wish I had some of you guys going to meetings with me. Crappie in particular. He has a way of turning a phrase that is Spot on.

Let me tell you this.... ONE guy can make a difference in a local party meeting. ONE person who is willing to take a leadership role simply by having well thought out opinions and good ideas. Heck you don't even have to be on the board or join a committee.

I have seen it over and over again at various boards I have volunteered to sit on. The chairman is OFTEN not the one driving the direction and agenda. It is USUALLY the one who is willing to speak up with GOOD IDEAS and is clear and to the point.

Lacking quality leadership on a local level, chances are good that the local political party will adopt the national line. That means RINO's for pubs and Progressive socialists for Dems.

Fish is telling the truth

I've seen it time and again at all the meetings I've been to. Way too many GOOD people will NOT speak up.

#3242612 - 05/09/13 06:41 AM Re: Can you believe this Republican got re-elected? [Re: Wildcat]
fishboy1
16 Point

WC,
I have seen the contrary. Usually its the ill informed buffoon who is blabbing the loudest turning the rest of the people off.

Its not that they WONT speak up, its that they are pressured into feeling its not their place to be pushy against a loud mouth.

The funny thing is this.... Once they start speaking up, everybody else in the room starts to look to them for leadership. Yeah, the buffoons still bluster but their impact dwindles quickly. So let them bluster.

People are dying, begging for good leadership. We have been told you have to be president to make a difference... NOT TRUE.

Just reading the posts from conservative patriots here on Tndeer has changed my opinions and opened my eyes a lot. Its not enough to sit behind a computer and complain.

The REAL influence happens between people. Go to a meeting, smile and shake a hand or two and then make intelligent policy suggestions and see what happens. YOU will become an influence on peoples opinions and ideas.

We have to STOP letting the RINO's and progressives be the prevailing idea influence.

#3242641 - 05/09/13 07:22 AM Re: Can you believe this Republican got re-elected? [Re: fishboy1]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Fish. The ones I've been to the "experts" are the ones that cause the people to suit up and not to speak out. They are the ones that have "been in office", have "worked" for the politician, they have been working for several politicians for their whole lives. When simple people try to speak up at the meetings they are brushed off as ill informed.

One of them and I got into it real bad one time when he kept brushing me off. I ended up telling him in front of everybody that since he had been in the political ring for years and working with the politicians all this time that HE WAS THE ONE CAUSING THE PROBLEMS. We needed to replace HIM and HIS politicians he worked for.

#3242832 - 05/09/13 11:18 AM Re: Can you believe this Republican got re-elected? [Re: Wildcat]
fishboy1
16 Point

WC,

I bet your debate with "mr know it all" resulted in YOU getting a lot of respect and influence in the group.

I have to say, Our group is NOT impressed with Alexander and Corker. I am going to strongly encourage our group to write them a couple letters regarding our dis-satisfaction with their positions and voting records. I'm also going to propose that our group officially vote to NOT SUPPORT either of them in the next primary if they don't clean up their acts. (doubtful)

Will our local party agree to such ideas? I don't know. But it is going to be dang hard to put that toothpaste back in the tube once it is out there. It will probably shift the ideology firmly away from the RINO's and into the conservative category.

Right now there is a sense of fear and confusion due to lack of strong leadership and the lack of support for RINO's. Its time for people to man up and put the establishment machine in its place.

#3243022 - 05/09/13 03:22 PM Re: Can you believe this Republican got re-elected? [Re: fishboy1]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

How can you not believe it? Politics are a joke. Look at all the total fools already there on both sides and Obama not only in white house,but re-elected.
I think these days,I'd be more shocked if he lost.

Page all of 3 123>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
82 registered (Atchman2, darn2ten, Beav66, Gravey, bigtex, Roost 1, 8 invisible) and 110 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
93157 Topics
1088158 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.128 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.