Tndeer Logo

Page 5 of 8 « First<34567>Last »
Topic Options
#3241429 - 05/07/13 03:42 PM Re: TWRA wants to start mining and drilling our land [Re: G5PRIME]
scn
16 Point

Loc: Brentwood, TN US

Originally Posted By: G5PRIME
 Originally Posted By: scn
 Originally Posted By: Unicam
Hey remove the fishermen and women from that list!! We buy a license!
Im not calling you out personally, but yes fisherman do by a fishing license, but they dont buy a wma permit to fish on a wma. ive thought this was wrong for a very long time? maybe just me? dunno

You are not totally correct. Fishermen do buy a permit to fish some of the managed/stocked trout streams in ETN, and they do buy permits to fish on agency lakes.
how many wma lakes, stream, ponds, or bottoms require a fishing permit in west tn? not calling you out, just wondering?

Check the requirements for all of your agency lakes in WTN.

#3241432 - 05/07/13 03:47 PM Re: TWRA wants to start mining and drilling our land [Re: Buzzard Breath]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

Well, I been cogitatin on this. This here is what I kinda know and maybe some of what I think.
1-I have hunted a ton of land that is or has been coal mined. It was tremendous hunting and I could see no detriment to the land.
2-I know TWRA needs money and I know why. I also have more sense than to compare TN with any other state.
3-I have no problem with hunters and fishermen paying a slightly larger share. But not until bikers, birders and other non-consumtive users pay a fee as well.
4- I am neither a coal miner, an oil driller or an environmental biologist with TWRA. Therefore, I have enough sense not to comment on this any further.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#3241439 - 05/07/13 03:51 PM Re: TWRA wants to start mining and drilling our land [Re: scn]
G5PRIME
4 Point

Loc: Paris Tn.

Originally Posted By: Unicam
Hey remove the fishermen and women from that list!! We buy a license!
Im not calling you out personally, but yes fisherman do by a fishing license, but they dont buy a wma permit to fish on a wma. ive thought this was wrong for a very long time? maybe just me? dunno

You are not totally correct. Fishermen do buy a permit to fish some of the managed/stocked trout streams in ETN, and they do buy permits to fish on agency lakes.
how many wma lakes, stream, ponds, or bottoms require a fishing permit in west tn? not calling you out, just wondering?

Check the requirements for all of your agency lakes in WTN.
i understand, reelfoot, and some other lakes, you have to have a permit, but camden bottoms, gin creek, big sandy bottoms, springville bottoms, dover bottoms, whiteoak creek"stocked trout", huricane creek"stocked trout" and many others that i dont have time or room to mention, you can throw your fishing lure under my duck blind while i hunt and you dont have to have a permit but i do to hunt, i just have never understood that?

#3241482 - 05/07/13 04:32 PM Re: TWRA wants to start mining and drilling our land [Re: G5PRIME]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

What about fishermen (and other boaters) who use a WMA for access to a body of water that doesn't require a WMA permit? Is this what some of you are talking about?

This may or may not be a good example, but when someone drives 20 miles of road into LBL to get to a particular boat ramp on Lake Barkely or Kentucky Lake (can often be quicker and less gas involved than boating up the river), do these boaters pay any type of WMA "usage" fee?

#3241490 - 05/07/13 04:45 PM Re: TWRA wants to start mining and drilling our land [Re: BlountArrow]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: BlountArrow
 Originally Posted By: Football Hunter
 Originally Posted By: beechnut

Anymore pics of the girl on the right????????

Amen brother.

If you watch the modern movie: The Dukes of Hazzard

you can see alot more of her.... ;\)

#3241491 - 05/07/13 04:45 PM Re: TWRA wants to start mining and drilling our land [Re: Wes Parrish]
G5PRIME
4 Point

Loc: Paris Tn.

Originally Posted By: Wes Parrish
What about fishermen (and other boaters) who use a WMA for access to a body of water that doesn't require a WMA permit? Is this what some of you are talking about?

This may or may not be a good example, but when someone drives 20 miles of road into LBL to get to a particular boat ramp on Lake Barkely or Kentucky Lake (can often be quicker and less gas involved than boating up the river), do these boaters pay any type of WMA "usage" fee?
this is NOT what we wer talking about, and i personally dont see anything wrong with your senario, no i dont think those should need a permit, again just my opinion.

#3241514 - 05/07/13 05:33 PM Re: TWRA wants to start mining and drilling our land [Re: bowriter]
encore06
16 Point

Loc: Harrogate, TN

Originally Posted By: bowriter
Well, I been cogitatin on this.
Does this involve sitting on a toilet with a magazine? Or did you replace the magazine with a pen & tablet? \:D
bw, you've been in TN long enough to come down to our level and say something like, "well, I was mulling this over and what I've come up with is..." \:D

Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

#3241548 - 05/07/13 06:14 PM Re: TWRA wants to start mining and drilling our land [Re: Diehard Hunter]
RUGER Administrator
Bambi Killa
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: Diehard Hunter
 Originally Posted By: BMan
 Originally Posted By: RUGER
I am more upset about the MANY people who use WMA's and places like LBL for their use for fishing, hiking, bird watching, bike riding, etc. that don't have to pay ANYTHING to use it.

Not sure if Catoosa is the same way or not but I, for one, am tired of paying fees to use such lands and they do so for free.

Exactly right. Let the other users share the cost, not jut the hunters.

Sorry ruger....LBL is part of the US Forest service, and they are mandated by congress to be a multiple use agency. I am not sure if TWRA has to pay them or not, but I do know TWRA has to pay the USFS for Cherokee national forest to be a WMA. I would love to see those funds stay in the coffers for other uses.

Yeah I knew LBL wasn't TWRA controlled or benefited, just using it as an example of sorts.
Should have left it out I guess.

#3241603 - 05/07/13 07:34 PM Re: TWRA wants to start mining and drilling our land [Re: fredfred]
dr
10 Point

Loc: USA

Originally Posted By: fredfred
I agree with a lot of the ideas state here. I know were $300,000+ could've been saved last year alone, but lets not go there. I think everybody that sets foot on a WMA should ether have a hunting license or a usage permit. Also if there going to make the millions mentioned in the article on top of the money made from timber cutting we should see a cut in our license fees. I personally don't want to smell a pile of oil wells when I'm tring to hunt or listen to dump trucks and semi's running up and down the roads all day long.

Exactly,
I'm betting the coal mine in Cumberland co. is the site of the old strip mine located in Hebbertsburg area. My property is near there and adjoins Catoosa. When the strip mine was operating, dump trucks ran up and down that narrow mountain road, barely wide enough for two vehicles to pass. And, all the homes and vehicles stayed covered in white dust. There was also quite a bit of blasting that reportedly damaged peoples homes.

Several years ago, they had a deal to haul the coal ash residue from the Kingston steam plant disaster to the strip mine and dump it. Cumberland Co. was supposed to get about a million from the deal, but after much litigation by residents on the road, it was defeated. They estimated that more than 200 dump trucks a day would run up and down the road seven days a week, eight hours a day, for at least 5 years.

I believe this is more about lining the pockets of politicians, and businessmen, than helping TWRA. In any event, our parks, and recreational land should NOT be for SALE! I don't believe too many people would be in favor of this if they had to hear and see those 200 trucks going by their house every day.

#3241614 - 05/07/13 07:49 PM Re: TWRA wants to start mining and drilling our land [Re: Diehard Hunter]
gator-n-buck
WAFL
18 Point

Loc: Knox, TN / Palatka, FL

Originally Posted By: Diehard Hunter
I would truly hate to see this happen. However, I understand the reasoning behind it. Everyone gripes about how much the licenses cost, so the general public obviously won't go for an increase in license cost. I have mentioned a habitat stamp on here a couple of times, and very few people even gave it a second look, less than a handful stated they would support it. Everyone complains there are not enough officers and not enough land.

So, my question to everyone is. How would YOU increase revenue for the TWRA? "Not that way" is not a valid answer.

There was a time in American history when sportsmen would stand up and put their money where their mouth is to protect what we have. Now they sit back and whine about having to spend money.

BTW, many of you are of the drill here, drill now mindset, and have blasted Obama for his energy policy. You do not have the right to change your tune now that it is going to directly affect you. You either want more domestic energy production or you don't. If you do, this is a way to benefit TWRA while meeting your goal. If you don't, then you must be in agreement with Obama's energy policy.

Blast away boys and girls, you can't have it both ways.

BTW, drilling and mining have been going on for decades on North Cumberland WMA and on the properties surrounding Catoosa.

Well stated.... You can't have your cake and eat it too... There are no free lunches in life unless you carry around one of those flag credit cards in your back pocket that the rest of us pay for... \:\)

Page 5 of 8 « First<34567>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
5 registered (downwind, kornbread, Dodge Man, 53caddy, H1234) and 54 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180121 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.006 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.