Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#3241911 - 05/08/13 07:55 AM Re: Wal-Mart Lawn Chair Club - Membership [Re: randy]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

Wal-Mart in south Jackson has the chair club. They know the mornings that there is suppose to be a delivery.

#3241951 - 05/08/13 08:33 AM Re: Wal-Mart Lawn Chair Club - Membership [Re: rabbit hunter]
infoman jr.
10 Point

Loc: Elizabethtown, KY

And people wonder where all the ammo is going. Blows my mind.

#3241972 - 05/08/13 08:46 AM Re: Wal-Mart Lawn Chair Club - Membership [Re: infoman jr.]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Inside info coming to those that know the ones stocking the shelves, for the most part. I went to wally world for the last time about 6 weeks ago, yea, saw the line, and said ya'll have at it, and, to coin a phrase from Strutnrut, I'm good!

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3241976 - 05/08/13 08:47 AM Re: Wal-Mart Lawn Chair Club - Membership [Re: leader]
huntinkev
8 Point

Loc: East Tenn

Originally Posted By: leader
 Originally Posted By: Hunter 257W
I know it's happening but what I don't understand is how anybody is making enough money selling small batches of ammo on Gunbroker to make it worthwhile. Sure they are making a big percentage markup from regular retail prices but the total net profit can't be worthwhile unless they are riding a bicycle to the store. Say a guy buys 3 bricks of 22's at $20/brick then sells them for $70/brick. That's $150 profit theoretically. At todays gas prices they are probably spending at least $20 just going to the store to buy the ammo. That assumes they get it the 1st time they try which is a stretch I think. Then when they sell it, they have to come up with a box, shipping tape and drive to the local UPS store which is more gas. There are likely multiple buyers for the 3 bricks which may translate into multiple trips to UPS to ship - more cost in gas. By the time the dust settles they aren't making much money for their time.

This is just a hobby for them, they have to have something to do in between getting their Obama checks. Their gas and time is free so it doesn't matter....

He hit it right there.

and If they think they are somehow beating the system, taking advantage of the system, to make a few extra bucks then they will do it.

But If it meant getting up that early to go to work and earn your money, you can forget it.

Edited by huntinkev (05/08/13 08:48 AM)

#3242022 - 05/08/13 09:27 AM Re: Wal-Mart Lawn Chair Club - Membership [Re: huntinkev]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: huntinkev
 Originally Posted By: leader
 Originally Posted By: Hunter 257W
I know it's happening but what I don't understand is how anybody is making enough money selling small batches of ammo on Gunbroker to make it worthwhile. Sure they are making a big percentage markup from regular retail prices but the total net profit can't be worthwhile unless they are riding a bicycle to the store. Say a guy buys 3 bricks of 22's at $20/brick then sells them for $70/brick. That's $150 profit theoretically. At todays gas prices they are probably spending at least $20 just going to the store to buy the ammo. That assumes they get it the 1st time they try which is a stretch I think. Then when they sell it, they have to come up with a box, shipping tape and drive to the local UPS store which is more gas. There are likely multiple buyers for the 3 bricks which may translate into multiple trips to UPS to ship - more cost in gas. By the time the dust settles they aren't making much money for their time.

This is just a hobby for them, they have to have something to do in between getting their Obama checks. Their gas and time is free so it doesn't matter....

He hit it right there.

and If they think they are somehow beating the system, taking advantage of the system, to make a few extra bucks then they will do it.

But If it meant getting up that early to go to work and earn your money, you can forget it.

Not so sure that's 100% correct.. I have a few sources and many of the "waiters" are retiree's who have nothing better to do. WHile I would love nothing more than to go to WalMart (given what I've seen for 6-months now) and buy up a lifetime worth of .22, and I can't because of the "waiters", I've no hard feelings with them at all. This "was" a free country where anyone who wished to could buy/sell anything legally buyable/sellable without circumstance until we all asked for "rules" as we're doing now... Now, IMO, the only crappy person here is Mr WalMart since again, they could EASILY rotate the schedule for putting out ammo, not even tell the hourly's until it was time to pick up the radio and put it out, and make sure you take their cell phones up so they cant be calling Uncle Bob up to tell him \:\)
For the retiree's who are pocketing some extra cash - I'm proud for em! They don't draw the SS benefits etc. that they should because they've been screwed by the government who openly gives away our tax dollars to those who are underserving and so far, I've heard very few accounts of the welfare recipients buying up ammo - since they normally need their freezers back full o T-Bones by the time the new card comes in and aint willing to wait on Buy/Sell transactions to make it happen.

I love the few freedoms we have left so my vote is for the Old Timers to keep on keeping on if they choose to and have a blast!

Again, ammo problems aren't from the "waiters" anyway. Ammo is NOT being shipped to WMart in the amounts it once was - it's going other places..

#3242036 - 05/08/13 09:44 AM Re: Wal-Mart Lawn Chair Club - Membership [Re: Kimber45]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Loc: McMinn County

It's not that hard to find out the stocking times and days for each given place. The phrase "it's a small world" really applies here...because chances are, somebody you work with, go to church with, etc will know somebody that works at one of these places and can find out when stuff comes in. Then it's just a matter of spreading like wildfire because it's info people are seeking. Some of the other ways are people are "tipping" the sporting good section employees for info...or to hold them back some ammo. This was/is happening at our local Dunham's store...in which the store managers were/are doing it...they had deals with customers that way, and would get the ammo off the trucks and put it back for their tipping "preferred" customers.

Our local Co-Op put a stop to the earlybird folks taking advantage of weekday stockdays for ammo. They still get their shipments in through the week, but they wont put it out on the shelf until Saturday...since the majority of folks will be off on Saturday...it sort of levels the playing field so to speak so anybody can get up on Saturday and have a shot at getting ammo.

#3242084 - 05/08/13 10:37 AM Re: Wal-Mart Lawn Chair Club - Membership [Re: Crow Terminator]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Heck, my MIL is a CSM at our local WM and I don't have any info about when to be there. Although it doesn't take a NASA scientist to figure it out b/c of the line at 7:30 every Sat morning. I kinda look at it this way really...if I haven't prepared by now, at least somewhat, then I certainly ain't gonna demonize the ones that are scarfing it up. Notice I said demonize. Now if folks would just stop paying those outrageous prices from the ones that are buying and RE-selling, then a lot of that lawn-chair hanging out would stop, IMO.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3242207 - 05/08/13 01:36 PM Re: Wal-Mart Lawn Chair Club - Membership [Re: MUP]
ruger7mag
6 Point

Loc: tn

Wal Mart gets their ammo on the same days every week. They start selling the ammo at the same time on those days. There is an inventory sheet that comes in with every shipment. All you have to do is call a couple hours in advance and they will tell you what is coming in. It's this way at all the wal mart's in my area. If they have something you need, then go and get there a couple hours before the time they start selling the ammo. What is so hard to figure out??? And no I don't work at wal mart, and I'm not one of the people you see standing in line...

#3242223 - 05/08/13 01:57 PM Re: Wal-Mart Lawn Chair Club - Membership [Re: MUP]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: MUP
Now if folks would just stop paying those outrageous prices from the ones that are buying and RE-selling, then a lot of that lawn-chair hanging out would stop, IMO.

^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^ \:\)

#3242229 - 05/08/13 02:05 PM Re: Wal-Mart Lawn Chair Club - Membership [Re: Vermin93]
Bone Collector
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Originally Posted By: Vermin93
Kind of ironic that you can get all the deer rifle ammo you want for anything other than 308 WIN or 30-30 WIN. Those are two of the calibers that people have always recommended because ammo for them is so readily available....until everyone wants ammo....and then you can't hardly find any ammo in those two calibers.

I was at Cabela's on Saturday and they had plenty of 243 WIN, 25-06 REM, 257 WBY, 6MM REM, 270 WIN, 270 WBY, 280 REM, 7MM REM, 7MM WBY, 7x57MM, 30-06, 300 WIN MAG, 300 WBY and everything on up. No 22LR, 223 REM, 308 WIN or 30-30 to be had. No buckshot to be had and no handgun ammo for any of the common calibers to be had.

Walmart in Franklin Today

sorry they are on their side

Edited by Bone Collector (05/08/13 02:05 PM)

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
General James Mattis

Page 4 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
two1980, Darrenduhl, 2winsrus, jacmac, Smokeymtnbow
13101 Registered Users
Who's Online
59 registered (Travis G., Team Passintime, Tn Joe, Big JWC 50, bigtex, JAY B, 11 invisible) and 80 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13101 Members
42 Forums
88737 Topics
1039104 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.245 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.