redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

Originally Posted By: BuckWild
 Originally Posted By: redblood
 Originally Posted By: chip
Hattie B's hot chicken
112 19th ave s nashville

It's across from fly south , we eat there atleast once a week .

heard of that.isnt there one in memphis as well

You're probably thinking about Gus's fried Chicken

i bet your right

#3235888 - 04/30/13 08:09 PM Re: Tennessee Hidden Treasures..... [Re: Poser]
redblood
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Poser
 Originally Posted By: Crosshairy
There are no shortage of southern and barbecue-style restaurants around Memphis. I have a few random ones to throw out that do not involve those food types, since others will probably give more input there.

Given that this is a relatively big city and very food-oriented, you could spend a week eating here non-stop just trying to cover all the good places. You have a lot of picking and choosing to do!

Sushi - Bluefin (downtown on Main Street). It's relatively expensive, but if you go for lunch, they offer half price sushi rolls based off chef's selection that you pick from a tray as they are prepared. It's still hard to stay under $15 per person, because you always want to try one of their high-end (more expensive) rolls. Very good stuff. Best sushi in town, I think.

Italian - Bruno's (in Bartlett, a large suburb on the NE corner of Memphis), is a newer place that I stumbled upon last year, and I've been very impressed. It's in an old barbecue restaurant, and is one of those places where you can get great food without waiting long for a table since it hasn't gotten popular yet.

Italian - PaPa Pia's (downtown, on Union Avenue. Closed for lunch as of this year). They are mostly known for their flatbreads, but I generally recommend this place for high quality food without high prices. Their Barbecue Chicken Alfredo Pizza is the last thing I ate there - weird, but tasty.

Chinese - Chang's House (also in Bartlett) is a long-standing establishment in a tiny strip mall one block off the main road through town. Order the chicken fried rice, spring rolls, and anything else to go with it. Expect to have leftovers due to large portion sizes.

American (high-end) - Flight (downtown on Monroe & Main Street). Lunch is affordable ($10-15), dinner is fairly high ($25-35). They offer "flights" of meals, which means you get three smaller servings of food that follow a single theme, instead of a single entree. They have really cool menu items, including fresh seafood, elk, buffalo, duck, and some really tasty Cajun dishes. Perfect for someone who can't make up their mind about what they want to order. Romantic atmosphere for dinner, unless you are traveling with dudes...

Cajun - Deja Vu (just south of downtown, in the hood). A hole-in-the-wall lunch establishment. Get there before 11:30 or you might not get a table. Order the etoufee if you want something tasty and reliable. Check out all the pictures of the celebrities on the wall for a smile.

You are going out on a limb to assume that Redblood eats Sushi... or Chinese. \:o

lol, a pretty spindly one at that. i'll pass on the raw fish, but i have been known to eat chinese, just so long as it is fresh cooked to order and dumped out for people to wade through

#3236172 - 05/01/13 09:14 AM Re: Tennessee Hidden Treasures..... [Re: redblood]
jb3
10 Point

Loc: Burns, TN

content Online
In Nashville for Thai hit up "The Smiling Elephant". It's a block or two away from Zanies Comedy Club on 8th. You never know who you may see there.

https://twitter.com/SmilingElephnt/status/324239262432256001/photo/1

In West Nashville try the "Korea House". It's the real deal. Or you can get great Vietnamese food at Kein Gang (sp). Best Pho in town and also great dumpling soup.

#3237434 - 05/02/13 07:02 PM Re: Tennessee Hidden Treasures..... [Re: Crosshairy]
TNCharlie
8 Point

Loc: Columbia TN

Another note about Papa Boudreaux's - cash only. I also noticed in the review that it says "no alcohol". He doesn't sell alcohol, but you are welcome to BYOB. They will provide wine glasses and corkscrew. Lots of people bring beer.

Another good cash only place is MarcyJo's. Country style food. Open for breakfast and lunch, Tues - Sat. Lot's of really good baked goods, including bread. It's at the intersection of TN Hwy 99 (Bear Creek Pike) and US 431. That's Pottsville if you're familiar with the area. They serve a great western omelot.

#3237625 - 05/02/13 10:29 PM Re: Tennessee Hidden Treasures..... [Re: TNCharlie]
redblood
16 Point

drove by marcyjo's mealhouse twice a week. have never ate their.

#3238283 - 05/03/13 04:45 PM Re: Tennessee Hidden Treasures..... [Re: redblood]
spur necklace 3
Spike

Loc: Hickman

About 15 minutes from Dickson down Highway 7 is a little restaurant called the Beacon Light. They're famous for they're fried chicken, country ham, and biscuits and homemade preserves. With the chicken you get half a chicken fried in a big black skillet. Homemade biscuits and homemade preserves come with every meal. Serve breakfast all day long. Everything there is good.

http://beaconlighttearoom.com/

#3238510 - 05/03/13 08:45 PM Re: Tennessee Hidden Treasures..... [Re: spur necklace 3]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

The Beacon Light is on Hwy 100 about 2 miles east of the 46/7/100 intersection.

And spur's right, it is good.

#3239279 - 05/05/13 09:22 AM Re: Tennessee Hidden Treasures..... [Re: spur necklace 3]
redblood
16 Point

Originally Posted By: spur necklace 3
About 15 minutes from Dickson down Highway 7 is a little restaurant called the Beacon Light. They're famous for they're fried chicken, country ham, and biscuits and homemade preserves. With the chicken you get half a chicken fried in a big black skillet. Homemade biscuits and homemade preserves come with every meal. Serve breakfast all day long. Everything there is good.

http://beaconlighttearoom.com/

checked there site out. that one is for sure on the list.

#3239281 - 05/05/13 09:23 AM Re: Tennessee Hidden Treasures..... [Re: redblood]
redblood
16 Point

Originally Posted By: redblood
drove by marcyjo's mealhouse twice a week. have never ate their.

will remedy that very soon

#3239565 - 05/05/13 02:55 PM Re: Tennessee Hidden Treasures..... [Re: redblood]
smstone22
16 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

You need to go to Bacara's if your ever up this way. Its a German restaurant out in the middle of nowhere. Very fine establishment.

Page 4 of 9 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  Bobby G, RUGER, Unicam, gtk, CBU93, stretch, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Mrs.Unicam 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
purrpplee, tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85
13112 Registered Users
Who's Online
104 registered (scn, tanelson, Wrangler95, G8rntn, Vermin93, Diehard Hunter, 11 invisible) and 133 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13112 Members
42 Forums
89240 Topics
1043725 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.258 seconds in which 0.009 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.