Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3238012 - 05/03/13 11:01 AM The rebirth of barbershops
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

http://www.bourbonandboots.com/lost-art-of-mens-cuts-vintage-barbershop/

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3238037 - 05/03/13 11:27 AM Re: The rebirth of barbershops [Re: Poser]
Dodge Man
12 Point

Loc: Dyersburg, TN

I would go if I had a place like that in the area I live. The only barbershops I know of are run by old men and thats all that get there hair cut there.

http://www.talkinfowl.com/

#3238041 - 05/03/13 11:30 AM Re: The rebirth of barbershops [Re: Dodge Man]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

Pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

#3238043 - 05/03/13 11:32 AM Re: The rebirth of barbershops [Re: Dodge Man]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

3 things that make it tough to have a "real" barbershop in TN.

1. Can't do straight razor shaves in TN.

2. Can't sell beer in licensed hair cutting establishments.

3. The only way to get a barber's license is to go to hair school. There are no "barber" schools in TN.

None of these two things make sense, especially for a state like TN. If you could open a real "man's" barbershop with a pool table and serve beers, you'd have yourself a business. As it stands, if you just want to cut men's hair and do straight razor shaves, you're going to have to sit through the whole school of learning to give perms and all kinds of womanly things. Really, what's your incentive to open a barbershop in TN?

Lame legislation if you ask me.

#3238050 - 05/03/13 11:40 AM Re: The rebirth of barbershops [Re: Poser]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

Not to hijack the thread but I read an article about the abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell the other day and the reporter said that in PA there are more health regulations on hair and nail salons than on abortion clinics.

#3238062 - 05/03/13 11:55 AM Re: The rebirth of barbershops [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
buzzr46
12 Point

Loc: Johnson city

Being a Barber I need to point out a couple of things, you can do straight razor shaves with a razor that uses disposable blades. That's due to sanitation. Plus, you can do two or three haircuts in the time it takes to do a shave the way it's supposed to be done, there are Barber schools but now because of when the " style phase of the 70's and 80's , they are Barber / style courses to keep up with what the public wants. Too many regulations and too much liability on the beer issue

#3238063 - 05/03/13 11:58 AM Re: The rebirth of barbershops [Re: buzzr46]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Originally Posted By: buzzr46
Being a Barber I need to point out a couple of things, you can do straight razor shaves with a razor that uses disposable blades. That's due to sanitation. Plus, you can do two or three haircuts in the time it takes to do a shave the way it's supposed to be done, there are Barber schools but now because of when the " style phase of the 70's and 80's , they are Barber / style courses to keep up with what the public wants. Too many regulations and too much liability on the beer issue

I've been in barbershops in other states where they serve beer and it was awesome. Go to the barbershop, shoot a game of pool, drink a beer, get a shave...

#3238066 - 05/03/13 12:01 PM Re: The rebirth of barbershops [Re: Poser]
buzzr46
12 Point

Loc: Johnson city

When I had a shop in Florida , I kept beer in the fridge, everyone knew it was there and those that wanted got one, their tips kept it going. It was a good thing. Heck, the Barber inspector usually got one when he came by.

#3238092 - 05/03/13 12:38 PM Re: The rebirth of barbershops [Re: Poser]
thetoolman
8 Point

Loc: Charlotte, Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Poser
 Originally Posted By: buzzr46

I've been in barbershops in other states where they serve beer and it was awesome. Go to the barbershop, shoot a game of pool, drink a beer, get a shave...

There is one down on music row that offers drinks and cigars. Little pricey. They do the "straight" razor shave but it is with disposable blades so not really the same. Its called the Moose. http://www.barbernashville.com

Been in there once and its unique, but I don't pay $35 for a haircut.

"Vegetarian" old Indian word for Bad Hunter

http://www.completepctherapy.com

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bootsinsand, bigun714, clh200, tlwilliams, Forvols
13179 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (bbuck14, bigfoot318) and 63 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13179 Members
42 Forums
90926 Topics
1062483 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.048 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.